shape
carat
color
clarity

Cameo identification…

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can any of you with eagle eyes tell me what is stamped on the bail of this cameo? I can see 14k, but the other? It’s on the cameo I bought for my future daughter-in-law. I still have it and she knows she “got” it for her birthday last week since I don’t trust the postal service these days…at all. (Mail goes to Memphis to die!) if any of you have any ideas I’d be forever grateful! I have looked at it with a magnifying glass but will loupe it when I go home for lunch C2647A46-82B7-4246-8243-DE52C7037344.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can any of you with eagle eyes tell me what is stamped on the bail of this cameo? I can see 14k, but the other? It’s on the cameo I bought for my future daughter-in-law. I still have it and she knows she “got” it for her birthday last week since I don’t trust the postal service these days…at all. (Mail goes to Memphis to die!) if any of you have any ideas I’d be forever grateful! I have looked at it with a magnifying glass but will loupe it when I go home for lunch C2647A46-82B7-4246-8243-DE52C7037344.jpeg

I hate to ask, but we need more photos in different light sources.
It looks like the tops and bottoms of letters are cut off, so very close inspection is needed

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate to ask, but we need more photos in different light sources.
It looks like the tops and bottoms of letters are cut off, so very close inspection is needed

Oh I know....don't hate to ask because I hated to ask that question myself! Let me loupe it at lunch and I may attach the loupe to my phone camera and see if I can get any clearer and closer photos. (It'd be awesome if my loupe would tell the story.) Stay tuned!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Loretta I can’t see it either.
Perhaps a loupe pic.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LorettaB
Looking back at photos of that locket, I would think that piece dates to the 1950s-60s. The carving looks very modern for a cameo, especially with the short haircut.
The texture pattern on the frame is indicative of jewelry from that time period.
The mark seems to say "_ _ _ _ CO"
So if you research the mark, you will know for sure.
As far as I know, all cameos are carved in Italy, but the frame might have been made in the USA...just a guess.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I louped it and couldn't tell a bit of difference but I'm going to keep on trying....as you suggested maybe different lighting. I also thought it's not a very old piece but it's in perfect condition and the detail is quite beautiful.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be Esemco?

Here is an example I found on Etsy, see the maker’s mark on the bale?

296180B8-77D1-4E6B-8963-EB5D8BB96AF8.jpeg

Last edited:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was going to say I see ESEM

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was going to say I see ESEM

I just could not tell, and my phone camera zoom actually showed more than the loupe. I don’t know a lot about cameos, but Gabby likes them so that’s it. She’s getting a small jewelry box for Christmas so she can put it in there, and it also gives me a reason to buy her a piece of jewelry on special occasions to put in it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results