shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Tiffany legacy owners or experts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shopping

Rough_Rock
I am interested in the Tiffany Legacy ring. It looks very beautiful on the Tiffany website. I tried one on in person at the store however and I noticed two distinct black circle shadows down in the center and black shadows at the top and bottom that was obvious to the naked eye. It was a 1.5 color H. I was wondering if this was just a "bad" diamond or is this common in the Legacy.?

They didn''t have alot of the Legacy''s in stock but in my price range they could bring in
1.32 D color
1.71 H
and for a little more a 2.0 I. I am wondering if the larger one would always be better???

Also, I am not stuck on having a "Tiffany" ring but do love the way the Legacy looks(on the website,that is). I don''t feel comfortable buying a ring over the internet though so thought Tiffany was my best bet. This is a once in a lifetime experience for me and I sure don''t want to blow it.

Anyone out there have a Legacy, how is it holding up? Any info for me?
Thanks!
Still shopping

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Hi. You might want to run a search for Legacy and read through the old threads. I remember reading that some people had thought that the Legacy stones had a dark look to them -- maybe it''s something with the setting. Of course, there were also people who disagreed. Interesting reading, anyway. Personally, I''ve never seen a Legacy in person but (on paper at least) it is one of my favorite all time settings.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! If you''re interested in getting a Legacy cut diamond, I suggest that you look at as many of them as possible. The quality of the cut is very uneven and a lot of them are just plain dull. The few well-cut ones I''ve seen are dazzling. Tiffany puts pink sapphires and aquamarines in the Legacy setting that look better than the diamonds do - would you consider a colored stone in that setting?

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Hello shopping,

Having just gone through this, I hope I can be of some help. There was a discussion just recently about the Legacy ring. You can read my opinion, among others, here: Harry Winston cushion cut vs. Tiffany Legacy

After trying several on, I decided against the Legacy and ended up buying a similar version from Harry Winston. The HW cushion ring is (a little) less expensive but sparkles tons more! It really outshines (pun intended
31.gif
) the Legacy, in my opinion. The center stone looked dark and somewhat glassy in the 4 Legacy rings I tried on but not so in the HW rings. However, I still think the Legacy is beautiful in its own right, especially in pictures (as opposed to in real life).

You can see pictures of my new ring here: Loving my Harry Winston cushion pave ering

If you have any more questions after reading the above links, feel free to ask. Good luck!
36.gif

shopping

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your ring, it is so beautiful. Unfortunately, there is not a Harry Winston''s in MI. I am thinking maybe it is worth the effort to fly to New York or NV. Does the store stock these rings? Just wondering how long the transaction would take since I probably couldn''t make multiple trips?

Anyway, I do love it. It defitnitely gives me something to think about. It seems very sparkly. Do people notice it often? I am wondering if you were nervous leaving the store, I think I''d feel like I needed a body guard.
26.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Legacy setting and was able to view quite a few in person from NC and No. VA stores. Part of the problem with the Legacy and the cut of diamond that is set in the Legacy is that the underwires cuts off some of the light return I think. At least, that is one of the concerns that my jeweler brought up but, it would not have really affected my stone as much since ideal cut stones reflect light from the top, if that makes any sense.

In addition, the Legacy diamond is patented by T&Co so if it is the diamond you really love, go with the real deal from Tiffanys. HTH
35.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
If you do decide to fly into NY make sure you set up a Diamond Consult with Tiffany or Harry Winston. I only say this because Tourist Season is upon us in NY & Tiffany or Harry Winstons Manhattan Flagship stores are overwhelmed with people there just browsing. Unfortunately, it makes a fustrating experience if you try to get to the display case & it''s a nine feet deep line with browsers blocking your way not intending to purchase.

My husband did it that way & they weren''t pushy nor do these stores charge for the consultation. You just sit in a private area & everything is brought to you.

Don''t worry about needing an armed guard on 5th avenue. On any given sunny day there are a ton of "Big" rocks making their debut along 5th or Madison Ave. If you purchase it yours will just blend into the land of biggies (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results