shape
carat
color
clarity

**Calling Rainydaze**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Any update on your ring? Mine should be here in 5 weeks or less, I can''t wait! I know you are anxious to get your baby back!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it didn''t work out.
7.gif

turned out the mold i was emailed a picture of (that i based my order upon) was for round diamonds. so the ring wouldn''t have been changed to what i had been expecting. on top of that were the other issues - sidestones were a little different, profile of the prongs on one side was wonky, nicks, shagged edge on the fishtail ''bar'', different size sidestone ''bars''. i''m just exteremely picky and i got the feeling even if i reconciled that the design would change a little, the little details might still come back in a way that would bother me (in part because it was hard to pin him down to talk about all my concerns, and when the mold issue came out and i wanted to confirm that even though it wouldn''t look the same, all the other concerns such as the odd prongs would be fixed, he said he didn''t know what i was referring to. at that point i just lost confidence).

i figured, back to the drawing board and if i wound up back to this ring, at least this time i would order it knowing what to expect and being at terms with it. it does still take my breath away looking at my top view pics......

no one else makes a three stone princess that i''ve fallen in love the way i did this one. i explored going custom, and while collecting ideas i noticed i was bookmarking a lot of halos. and the funny thing was, every time i thought of a ring design i would love, i would go searching for something similar as a reference and guess who already MAKES it?!? RITANI!!!!!
19.gif

i HAVE found an eli jewels setting, it''s a halo, that i am enamoured with. it has come down to that one and the ritani endless love halo. if it were to be ritani again, i would just have to cross my fingers that the simpler design would help assuage my pickiness. that and this time my expectations would be in a different place. it''s odd, ritani appears to be inconsistent. some poster''s rings (and rings featured on vendor''s sites) appear very well done, with clean smooth lines and crisp details, and others appear off.

i held back from posting because i didn''t want to freak you out, but i also felt guilty for NOT posting what happened since you found the ring through my post in the first place! then you called me, and well, i figured i had to out myself! i''m sure your ring will be gorgeous, i am just super picky about the details and i am just one of those that this stuff always seems to happen to. that''s why in my gut i knew i had to cut the cord.
8.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Awww....I am so sorry it didn''t work out for you. I totally understand your concerns about the ring. I am having Ritani send the setting to my jewelers so I can look at it before they set it so I can check mine out. I am crossing my fingers that it will look okay. With the amount of money that ring cost, it should look perfect! I totally understand about the halo too. I was back and forth about a three stone vs. the halo and it was your post that tipped it over the edge to the three stone. Do you have any pictures of the Eli ring? I love the endless love setting too. I also almost decided to put my stone in the Ritani halo princess pendant and get a round stone...it was so very gorgeous, maybe one day! Anyway, I wish you luck on your new search....keep us updated!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks steph! that''s good thinking, to check it out before you make the final commitment and have your jeweler set it.

here is the eli i am looking at.... it''s c42. of course it looks prettier than in the pic, with the diamonds all sparkling away. it couldn''t be more different from the three stone or the ritani halo..... it has hand engraving all around the basket and shank and it is super heavy. the basket is solid and enclosed (as opposed to the ritani halo where you can see the culet which i LOVE).

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, I like the eli setting. It actually looks a lot like the Ritani endless love to me around the halo, but with a thicker band. Have you tried it on in person? If so, which one do you think you like better? I think either option will be beautiful! Can''t wait to see what you pick out!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m glad you like it..... i did try it on in person. i went to a local jeweler who carried ritani and a host of other designers that kept popping up as having designs i liked. turns out the location i went to didn''t carry the designers i went spefically to see (except for ritani), but i happened to see this particular setting and it turned out to be eli. i tried it on and i loved it. but i am completely torn between the ritani which is a more delicate and pretty look and you can see the culet, and this one which is more sparkle and flash and is a sturdy piece. it has a very low profile and handengraving all around the basket and shank (except for where there are 3-4 diamonds tapering down the top). and it has a very nice hefty feel, which i do like.

i like the eli worn with a small pave band (ritani) but it does take away just a bit. i just can''t get away from the traditional set of an ering and wband. BUT i could either get over it cuz the eli looks great on its own, or just wear the thin pave band and who cares.

or get the ritani set........

they just both speak to me for completely different reasons, and i can''t tell which would have more lasting power. i could hand the decision over to my husband, but when i think of that a little piece of me says ''oh, but i hope he would order the eli.'' so i guess that''s my decision right there....... although when i say THAT another piece says but if he just went ahead with the ritani, which i am worried might not be quite ''enough'', i would be so happy and relieved.

well, i was ready to pull the trigger today, just needed pricing from bill pearlman and assuming it was good..... but looks like i''ll have the weekend to mull. maybe i should post a poll, just for fun.

41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results