shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Purrfect Pear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Purrfect Pear!

I love your Vatche ring (in your avatar) and wanted to know if you had any hand shots? I looked at both of the posts, the one about the diamond you purchased for this setting and then the finished product - both of which are beautiful.

I would LOVE to see it on your hand to get some perspective. I am thinking about getting this particular setting, or the other one (that looks like it has flower petals) for my anniversary ring.

Thanks!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Bump...

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I looked this ring up on here and found that jayrenay9 has the same setting. I am interested what yours looks like with your Old Mine diamond in it though. Do they adjust the ring based on the carat size of the diamond?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
bump

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I could have sworn I typed a response to this last night
33.gif

Sorry, I don''t have any picks. I''ve been a slacker about looking for my boxed up digi cam.

Yes, Vatche had to make the ring custom to fit the antique cushion, so therefore it was quite a bit more expensive.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
You aren''t going crazy - I just noticed you were posting in the hangout section and reposted there... I didn''t know it would be significantly more expensive to make it custom for your diamond. Good thing to know.

Just know that I would LOVE to know what it looks like on your hand, and if there is any way I can help with the digital camera situation, let me know!!!
41.gif

Thanks for posting twice - sorry I made you repeat!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 2:02:03 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Yes, Vatche had to make the ring custom to fit the antique cushion, so therefore it was quite a bit more expensive.
I could be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't Vatche custom make all pieces to the dimensions of the stone? I know they did for mine, they called it a custom job even though it was a stock piece (though it was designed for a princess and had to be slightly reworked for my asscher), but the price was the same as advertised. That's probably because mine doesn't have a halo, I'm sure that complicates things.

Sorry to butt in, I just was curious
35.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re correct that they make them and set the stones themselves. They''re sort of semi-custom since they have many patterns to cast for all the different carat weights.

Wink said they had to quote mine as custom since as an antique cushion it isn''t round. It wasn''t a whole lot extra, just maybe another $400 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results