shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Opal experts

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I’m not a regular here, however an avid admirer of DK’s work.

I came across this piece whilst browsing and wanted to ask if anyone knows what kind of Opal is in this AC860440-4740-4920-BE69-DC7AC4056A8B.jpeg setting please?

:kiss2::kiss2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be Australian White Opal, if its translucent vs opaque (can’t tell from photo) it would be semi crystal / crystal opal. It’s slightly unusual in that it has a predominant yellow / orange colour play.

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
It looks to be Australian White Opal, if its translucent vs opaque (can’t tell from photo) it would be semi crystal / crystal opal. It’s slightly unusual in that it has a predominant yellow / orange colour play.

Thank you for replying. Would you know a vendor who would sell something like this please? I’m wondering the durability as a pendant, the setting suits the opal so beautifully, I’m at a loss for an alternative middle stone.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I think the reason for this is that there is possibly a lot of light illuminating from behind the setting, the colour play looks similar to what a rough looks like when I put a gem flashlight on a colour bar. I could be wrong and this could just be a very unique Opal though.

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I think the reason for this is that there is possibly a lot of light illuminating from behind the setting, the colour play looks similar to what a rough looks like when I put a gem flashlight on a colour bar. I could be wrong and this could just be a very unique Opal though.

Thank you. I’ve had second thoughts on the wearability of this piece due to my lifestyle.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with translucent too. No doubt, Aussie.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless it is set in copper =)2, I think that is an overly warm photo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results