shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling oldminer or any pro with an answer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend purchased for me a gorgeous ritani setting second hand. I was told by the seller that it is a size 4 1/2 and was hoping to have it sized up to a 6 1/2. When I got the setting into my possession it was actually already fitted with sizing beads making the actual ring size a 3.(There is a small sizing bar in the back) My question is can this be sized. Bailey Banks and Biddle told me that they are unsure if it can be done because the diamonds would shift around too much?. Another store with a jeweler on staff had him look and he said he couldn''t do it because he would weld it and burn the surrounding pave. He said it can be sent out to be done with a laser.

My question is can it be sized and where do I find a jeweler that can size it with a laser?

Would the price of this be astronomical?

Any response would be great because I am really worried that this setting will not be wearable.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
have a picture?

if the diamonds go all the way around it cant be sized that much without a new shank and adding more diamonds.
if they just go partial around it might be possible but needing a laser welder for the job makes sense.
A picture would help a lot.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would see if Bailey banks and biddle would be willing to send it to ritani to size. that''s the only way I''d do it. 2 sizes is a big jump if there are pave diamonds in the band.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:05:34 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i would see if Bailey banks and biddle would be willing to send it to ritani to size. that''s the only way I''d do it. 2 sizes is a big jump if there are pave diamonds in the band.
Ditto.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are more than welcome to send it to me for an opinion of what can be done. We can get most anything possible accomplished, but sometimes there is no easy solution. Glad to assist anyone with this sort of problem situation. Probably there is someone much closer to you than me where you won''t have to spend shipping money. I sure would suggest seeing a few people who do this work before deciding you have a real problem.

Ritani might re-size it for you. Why not contact them on your own?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
The reason I went to Bailey Bank and Biddle was because with the ring came a care package that covered all sizings on the ring. Dave, are you in Philly. I am not too far from you...in Newark, DE. I did not realize that you did any work or repairs on jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results