Super_Ideal_Rock

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are freaking KDDING me....these photos are GORGEOUS!!! Your Margot and 5 stone combo is just gobsmacking!!

And....

I've been waiting for someone to start a Christmas thread so I could post *this* photo.... :bigsmile:

(By the way - I now know what I want for Christmas; your entire jewelry collection!!)

20191112_200250.jpg

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous picture!!! I think we need a thread for pictures like this lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I spoke to my husband about decorating early...We are going to do my fancy bling tree this weekend. It’s too much with our two houses so we want to get a jump on it. The only problem is I still have fall/Thanksgiving decorations out. I guess I’ll have to put them away..I love to see decorating in stages..It takes me a few days to do that tree because I have a few hundred ornaments to hang..but hope to be finished by early next week. I’ll post it when I’m finished with it..Hopefully someone will start a Christmas thread by then... @Gussie? :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it makes a lot of sense. As soon as it feels like a chore and not a pleasure, what's the point, right? Altho I *do* think it's nice to make a contribution to one's street - especially for kids and the memories they'll take away from Christmas.

We do the outside lights around the roof in mid October. For instance - it snowed here yesterday and today it's currently 30 degrees farenheit. Climbing onto a roof with the potential of ice - or even just working leaning over gutters with really cold hands - is a way to find oneself head first and down on the ground. So we do ours as part of our Halloween decorations in mid October, then leave them up for Thanksgiving, then to Christmas. Our outdoor light strands are red, yellow, pink, orange and turquoise, so look autumnal as much as Christmas-y.

At the beginning of the month, we put up our lit garlands. They're just strands of greenery threaded with warm white lights and pine cones, so look wintery as much as Christmas-y. These are actually the last decoration to come down, and stay up till the end of February as they look so pretty in winter and don't really have a specifically Christmas feel at all.

Mid-November, we do the winter / Christmas cushions in the living room and family room and wrap all the presents. At that point (which will be this weekend), the house is starting to look pretty festive.

Since Thanksgiving is late this year, I'll start doing the mantelpiece decoration and the large decorated Christmas tree that goes downstairs in our guest accommodation, as we pretty much always have guests over Christmas.

The week of Thanksgiving, I'll put out the rest of the decorations around the house. This constitutes about 8 things, so is not much. Then - the day after Thanksgiving....

Christmas trees! I have a bunch of gold trees lit with warm white lights, and three of those go in the dining room like a small forest, and one goes in our bedroom. They go up first. Next is the one in the family room - a big, retro pink tree, which is decorated in all silver and crystals. It's AWESOME! On the Sunday, we put up the outdoors tree, which is lit with colored lights and goes on the corner of our lot. Since our house is on the corner of two streets, it can be seen from 2 directions, and we get a LOT of comments from people about this one, telling us how much they love it. We also do the wreaths on the front doors. That evening, we decorate our largest tree, which is in the living room, and put all the gifts underneath it.

The only thing to do after that is a large floral decoration, which I do about a week into December so it makes it to the 25th. It's made of silver spray painted twigs, glittery gold fronts, sprigs of crystals - all mixed in with eucalyptus sprays, sprigs of fresh pine needles, spray painted cones, and fresh red berries. Actually, I'll post a photo of it below.

Just to make sure I don't get to put my feet up at any point during December, I also fly out to LA to spend time with my god-kids plus one of their friends and one girlfriend, my best friend in the US, his brother and his wife - who is my best girlfriend from Australia! We do a big bash - this year on the 20th / 21st (dinner, overnight stay, breakfast, gift giving in the morning) - and I put up their tree as well more or less as soon as I walk in the door! I'll attach a photo of their tree; the house was built in the 1930s, so they have a retro pink tree as well, tho theirs is rather more bold than mine! They went with the pink lights option (mine has white lights, which tones it down a LOT), and that thing positively glows!!

There's a whole bunch more to it that happens out here in Boston (not least of which a traditional sit down lunch for 14 people on December 27th!), and our celebrations go through to New Year and our last guest leaves this festive season on January 18th, but I love every minute of it and it lights my life. ::)

So here are the photos of my floral arrangement on my coffee table, and the tree I did for my god-kids last year in their home, which I will try to recreate again this year. We've been doing this back and forth thing for 15 years now, so they have certain expectations of my prowess!!

Christmas. I love it! :appl:

20181207_181741.jpg

20181215_132714.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow @mrs-b! You really plan everything out! I guess when you’re so organized about it there’s less stress...I absolutely love the white tree in your living room. I do a little vintage tinsel tree with vintage ornaments in my dining room..but would love a larger white tree. There just isn’t any more room. Here’s a pic of that little tree. I think I’m going to add white lights to it.
27401069-B380-4DF3-8EA1-594BF34AD8C6.jpeg
My fancy tree in the hallway is my favorite...It just takes me forever. I’ll put a pic up of it after we are done..I’m like a magpie finding more sparklies to put on it. I took off all the hanging crystals off an old chandelier that I donated and kept them for my tree. The chandelier didn’t even need them. It was pretty enough so I didn’t feel bad about taking them off. My friends know I LOVE acorns so I get new shiny acorn ornaments every year now.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s decorations for this year!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the tree in your photo, @Mamabean!

Mine isn't white, tho - it's gold. I love a gold tree (champagne, actually - a lighter version of gold) as they really don't need decorating. My husband always laughs at the three I do in the dining room - always jokes that he expects me to have a couple of deer popping out! Now THAT'S decorating!!

:mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie - those photos are stunning! Would you mind adding them to the Christmas decorations thread I just started as well? I definitely want a record of these!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Gussie - those photos are stunning! Would you mind adding them to the Christmas decorations thread I just started as well? I definitely want a record of these!!

Yay! You started one!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the tree in your photo, @Mamabean!

Mine isn't white, tho - it's gold. I love a gold tree (champagne, actually - a lighter version of gold) as they really don't need decorating. My husband always laughs at the three I do in the dining room - always jokes that he expects me to have a couple of deer popping out! Now THAT'S decorating!!

:mrgreen:

That’s so cute! It reminds me of that movie with Chevy Chase...He chopped down a tree in the forest...During dinner they heard some noise..There was a squirrel in the tree! I have to watch it with my husband every Christmas season. He falls over in laughter which is so out of character for him..I just watch him and laugh! :lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are freaking KDDING me....these photos are GORGEOUS!!! Your Margot and 5 stone combo is just gobsmacking!!

And....

I've been waiting for someone to start a Christmas thread so I could post *this* photo.... :bigsmile:

(By the way - I now know what I want for Christmas; your entire jewelry collection!!)

20191112_200250.jpg

Ooh, I think I see a gift with my name on! :cool2:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it makes a lot of sense. As soon as it feels like a chore and not a pleasure, what's the point, right? Altho I *do* think it's nice to make a contribution to one's street - especially for kids and the memories they'll take away from Christmas.

We do the outside lights around the roof in mid October. For instance - it snowed here yesterday and today it's currently 30 degrees farenheit. Climbing onto a roof with the potential of ice - or even just working leaning over gutters with really cold hands - is a way to find oneself head first and down on the ground. So we do ours as part of our Halloween decorations in mid October, then leave them up for Thanksgiving, then to Christmas. Our outdoor light strands are red, yellow, pink, orange and turquoise, so look autumnal as much as Christmas-y.

At the beginning of the month, we put up our lit garlands. They're just strands of greenery threaded with warm white lights and pine cones, so look wintery as much as Christmas-y. These are actually the last decoration to come down, and stay up till the end of February as they look so pretty in winter and don't really have a specifically Christmas feel at all.

Mid-November, we do the winter / Christmas cushions in the living room and family room and wrap all the presents. At that point (which will be this weekend), the house is starting to look pretty festive.

Since Thanksgiving is late this year, I'll start doing the mantelpiece decoration and the large decorated Christmas tree that goes downstairs in our guest accommodation, as we pretty much always have guests over Christmas.

The week of Thanksgiving, I'll put out the rest of the decorations around the house. This constitutes about 8 things, so is not much. Then - the day after Thanksgiving....

Christmas trees! I have a bunch of gold trees lit with warm white lights, and three of those go in the dining room like a small forest, and one goes in our bedroom. They go up first. Next is the one in the family room - a big, retro pink tree, which is decorated in all silver and crystals. It's AWESOME! On the Sunday, we put up the outdoors tree, which is lit with colored lights and goes on the corner of our lot. Since our house is on the corner of two streets, it can be seen from 2 directions, and we get a LOT of comments from people about this one, telling us how much they love it. We also do the wreaths on the front doors. That evening, we decorate our largest tree, which is in the living room, and put all the gifts underneath it.

The only thing to do after that is a large floral decoration, which I do about a week into December so it makes it to the 25th. It's made of silver spray painted twigs, glittery gold fronts, sprigs of crystals - all mixed in with eucalyptus sprays, sprigs of fresh pine needles, spray painted cones, and fresh red berries. Actually, I'll post a photo of it below.

Just to make sure I don't get to put my feet up at any point during December, I also fly out to LA to spend time with my god-kids plus one of their friends and one girlfriend, my best friend in the US, his brother and his wife - who is my best girlfriend from Australia! We do a big bash - this year on the 20th / 21st (dinner, overnight stay, breakfast, gift giving in the morning) - and I put up their tree as well more or less as soon as I walk in the door! I'll attach a photo of their tree; the house was built in the 1930s, so they have a retro pink tree as well, tho theirs is rather more bold than mine! They went with the pink lights option (mine has white lights, which tones it down a LOT), and that thing positively glows!!

There's a whole bunch more to it that happens out here in Boston (not least of which a traditional sit down lunch for 14 people on December 27th!), and our celebrations go through to New Year and our last guest leaves this festive season on January 18th, but I love every minute of it and it lights my life. ::)

So here are the photos of my floral arrangement on my coffee table, and the tree I did for my god-kids last year in their home, which I will try to recreate again this year. We've been doing this back and forth thing for 15 years now, so they have certain expectations of my prowess!!

Christmas. I love it! :appl:

20181207_181741.jpg

20181215_132714.jpg

How beautiful!!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow @mrs-b! You really plan everything out! I guess when you’re so organized about it there’s less stress...I absolutely love the white tree in your living room. I do a little vintage tinsel tree with vintage ornaments in my dining room..but would love a larger white tree. There just isn’t any more room. Here’s a pic of that little tree. I think I’m going to add white lights to it.
27401069-B380-4DF3-8EA1-594BF34AD8C6.jpeg
My fancy tree in the hallway is my favorite...It just takes me forever. I’ll put a pic up of it after we are done..I’m like a magpie finding more sparklies to put on it. I took off all the hanging crystals off an old chandelier that I donated and kept them for my tree. The chandelier didn’t even need them. It was pretty enough so I didn’t feel bad about taking them off. My friends know I LOVE acorns so I get new shiny acorn ornaments every year now.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s decorations for this year!

Beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results