shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling LynnB .......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
I have to say that I truly adore your WF fishtail pave ring. My heart skips a beat everytime I see them.
30.gif
I really love the head on it. I have already contacted WF for a quote for me, but there are some questions I have about wearability and durability that only someone who owns this ring can answer.
2.gif
So here goes..... .

Since you have had the ring for I think close to a year now, how are you finding the comfort of them? Is there anything about them that you would do differently? Are they easy to keep clean? Do you use an ultrasonic cleaner? Do you worry about the stones coming out of the pave settings? Because the band on your ering is so thin, do you find the ring to be top heavy (in other words,do you find that you have to adjust it from sliding down)?

In your photos the fishtail design looks really prominent - are they really that way in real life or are they a bit more subtle? Lastly, since your setting has only 4 prongs to support the center stone and the stone edges seem to stick out quite a bit on the sides, do you worry about chipping your stone, or does the basket setting protect it pretty well from bumps, etc? I have been really struggling with 4 prong vs 6. It seems the 6 is more secure, but the 4 allows more of the stone to be seen (which I guess also increases the likelihood of bumps, chips, etc). I am not very hard on my rings, but I rarely take them off unless I know I will be doing something that would damage them (yardwork or cleaning with chemicals) or to clean them.

Until I saw your set I thought I wanted a 6 prong solitaire (the Lockes at first but since thats no longer an option then I wanted a Tiffany Superbcert replica), but now I am really into these eternity rings. Wish I there was somehow I could have both but i know hubby wont have that
38.gif
, lol.

Thanks for your feedback, it will be very much appreciated.......

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumn, I''m not Lynn B and I hope she see''s this thread but I do know from reading her posts that she is more than over the moon happy with her rings and finds them very comfy. they really are a beautiful set...

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
Thank you Mrs Salvo - I''m sure she will respond when she gets a chance to do so. (I''m hoping anyway).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you keep bumping the thread eventually she will see it. Also, maybe admin could email lynnb about the thread.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''m here! I just wanted to let you know I saw your post, and will compile a thorough answer right away!
Stay tuned!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 8:44:13 PM
Author:Autumn Dreams
I have to say that I truly adore your WF fishtail pave ring. My heart skips a beat everytime I see them.
30.gif
I really love the head on it. I have already contacted WF for a quote for me, but there are some questions I have about wearability and durability that only someone who owns this ring can answer.
2.gif
So here goes..... .

Since you have had the ring for I think close to a year now, how are you finding the comfort of them? Is there anything about them that you would do differently? Are they easy to keep clean? Do you use an ultrasonic cleaner? Do you worry about the stones coming out of the pave settings? Because the band on your ering is so thin, do you find the ring to be top heavy (in other words,do you find that you have to adjust it from sliding down)?

In your photos the fishtail design looks really prominent - are they really that way in real life or are they a bit more subtle? Lastly, since your setting has only 4 prongs to support the center stone and the stone edges seem to stick out quite a bit on the sides, do you worry about chipping your stone, or does the basket setting protect it pretty well from bumps, etc? I have been really struggling with 4 prong vs 6. It seems the 6 is more secure, but the 4 allows more of the stone to be seen (which I guess also increases the likelihood of bumps, chips, etc). I am not very hard on my rings, but I rarely take them off unless I know I will be doing something that would damage them (yardwork or cleaning with chemicals) or to clean them.

Until I saw your set I thought I wanted a 6 prong solitaire (the Lockes at first but since thats no longer an option then I wanted a Tiffany Superbcert replica), but now I am really into these eternity rings. Wish I there was somehow I could have both but i know hubby wont have that
38.gif
, lol.

Thanks for your feedback, it will be very much appreciated.......
I''ll try to answer all of your questions in order, but if I miss something, just whack me over the head and ask again!
2.gif

The rings are extremely comfortable. Yes, having had them almost a year now, I can say that they are VERY easy to wear. My center stone does not flop over to the side and the rings really don''t turn or twist, which is probably part the style but mostly because they are sized well for my finger.

Easy to keep clean? Yes, in a way, because the basket is so open, and I generally use a jewelry cleaner or ammonia and a soft toothbrush which works well. I would love to use the ultrasonic but I am a little afraid of losing stones.

Photos do tend to exaggerate the look of the fishtail pave, I think. In real life, the fishtail detail is not that "sharp" looking. It''s really very delicate, and subtle, IMHO. Have you ever had a chance to see fishtail style pave in person? I LOVE the look, think it''s beautiful. My melee stones are .015 size and the bands *shimmer* rather than *sparkle*, if that makes sense. There''s really not a lot of bright *bling-bling* going on with the bands, but rather, the main diamond takes center stage, with the melee stones being a nice supporting cast.
2.gif

And no... I don''t worry too much about damage to the diamond because of the 4 prongs... my stone is fully insured. I would HATE to have anything happen to it, of course, but I prefer the look of 4 prongs (plus 4 prongs were necessary for the scallop-head style I was looking for).

I hope this answers your questions, please let me know if there''s anything else I can do! And keep us posted on what you decide.

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
Hi LynnB !! Thank you for answering my questions. Your input really means alot. My biggest concern is setting a large stone (2 ct +) in a 4 prong but sounds as if there are no worries there. My second worry was the melee, but it sounds like that is holding up well for you as well.

I think I do understand what you mean about shimmer (vs sparkle). I am curious though, does it shimmer in natural daylight or is it most apparent to you under indoor lighting? Where does the shimmer perform best? Also, I thought I read in a previous post that your melee was .02. I asked WF to quote me as if they were recreating the ring exactly as you have it, so please let me know if I gave them the wrong size info on that.

No I havent gone out to see what the fishtail pave looks like. That is something I do plan to do before I commit to it. Right now I am relying on the pictures I see on this site and ritani.com I am really hoping that I like in real life too. This ring looks very similiar to the Ritani endless love - which I didnt know came in a choice of bead set or fishtail. Bead set may be an option too. I think their band is slightly thinner though. Maybe I can find a retailer near me so I can actually see what that looks like too to compare.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 10:31:31 PM
Author: Autumn Dreams
Hi LynnB !! Thank you for answering my questions. Your input really means alot. My biggest concern is setting a large stone (2 ct +) in a 4 prong but sounds as if there are no worries there. My second worry was the melee, but it sounds like that is holding up well for you as well.

I think I do understand what you mean about shimmer (vs sparkle). I am curious though, does it shimmer in natural daylight or is it most apparent to you under indoor lighting? Where does the shimmer perform best? Also, I thought I read in a previous post that your melee was .02. I asked WF to quote me as if they were recreating the ring exactly as you have it, so please let me know if I gave them the wrong size info on that.

No I havent gone out to see what the fishtail pave looks like. That is something I do plan to do before I commit to it. Right now I am relying on the pictures I see on this site and ritani.com I am really hoping that I like in real life too. This ring looks very similiar to the Ritani endless love - which I didnt know came in a choice of bead set or fishtail. Bead set may be an option too. I think their band is slightly thinner though. Maybe I can find a retailer near me so I can actually see what that looks like too to compare.
Hi Autumn,

I''m clearly not LynnB, but I was really considering that setting for a long time too, and I went and checked out Michael B rings to get a feel for the fishtail. I think it was called the Petit Princess setting? Just a suggestion. I think if you check out that thread by Ivanadiamond on her upgraded Michael B...you can see the setting there.

Good luck! That is a gorgeous setting!

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
Sunshine 14: YESSSS, I did see Ivanadiamond''s thread already
30.gif
30.gif
. I am wondering if the height of the prongs is what is making her diamond look so darn big on her hand. Wish someone would figure it out and let us know
2.gif

Could you please tell me what your opinion or impression was of the fishtail pave that you saw. Was it a subtle detail in your opinon or was it too busy? Thanks for your feedback....

I guess The Michael B setting was what I was thinking of with the beadset / fishtail opton. I think Ivandiamond has the bead set style, which I like too. Decisions, decisions.....

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I was having the rings made, I asked for 2 pointers in a 2mm band. Well, WF had to use smaller melee to keep the band width at 2mm, so I think the melee are actually a little bigger than .015s, but not quiiiite 2 pointers!

I like bead-set pave but I do prefer the fishtail-style pave. I love the detail of the "fishtail", it still makes me *swoon*!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:29:32 PM
Author: Lynn B

Oh, I forgot to answer your highlighted question. Actually, bright sunshine is my favorite lighting environment for the small melee stones. They just LIGHT UP with color! Which is kinda funny because it''s also my least favorite lighting environment for my center stone. Likewise, in some lighting when my center stone is on fire, the melee just kinda "glimmer".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results