shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Kenny

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if you could share with me how your Leibish 'upgrade' went - when you swapped in your FIB for the FB emerald cut. I have found something that I desperately want ( :love: )- but it's another pink. I'm not certain that I want two pinks in a collection of only 4 FCDs, IYKWIM. :wacko: Can you share the general ballpark percentage of the original purchase price that you received in credit towards the larger stone? I don't mean to pry, but would like to know general numbers so I don't waste Aviva's time unless necessary. TIA.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha i think it was from FVB to FIB...

are you eyeing a new argyle they have? :naughty:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I apologize, of course you are correct - FVB to FIB. On other matters of the pink variety...loose lips sink ships. :wink2: I've seen too many lurkers snatch up the best stones!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justginger, as far as I know they don't have an upgrade policy, at least I don't see one on their website so I assume they take each transaction on a case by case basis.

Frankly, I'd also guess that their big customers who do millions of dollars of business over many years may get different terms than a smaller and newer customer like me.
I have no way of knowing.
If I was in this business I would not see all transactions as equal - even though all customers are equal as people.
Since there is more profit in a larger transaction I'd be more willing to be flexible with that transaction.
Plus perhaps some diamonds sat in inventory longer than others or some were bought for better wholesale prices than others.
I'd be more willing to take back a diamond I could move faster, especially if it originally sold within hours of being listed.
Doesn't Whiteflash have better policies for their ACAs?

If you and I were alone in a room together it would be different but here on the Internet I'm not sure I want to get into the specific details of the numbers of my transactions with any of the vendors I have bought diamonds from.
I'm sorry but it seems kind of awkward and personal for me and unfair to the vendor.

I will say that, considering that I am not an easy person do deal with :twisted: :evil: , Leibish has been very flexible and understanding.
And also, never be afraid to ask them for what you want when doing business.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I agree with all of your points and also assume it's a case by case sort of situation. Thanks for taking the time to respond - in retrospect it was an inappropriate question to ask.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1326322077|3100723 said:
I agree with all of your points and also assume it's a case by case sort of situation. Thanks for taking the time to respond - in retrospect it was an inappropriate question to ask.

No problem.
Not inappropriate at all. :wavey:
Expanding knowledge is what PS is all about, and it's a good topic.

allenewaff

Rough_Rock
Not inappropriate at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results