shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Kenny...need your opinion!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking at a diamond that is on Leibish website......my question is, it is GIA graded as K, Faint Brown. Do you think this will have any pink tint to it? I want to wear it with a rose gold pink diamond band, but don't want the colors to clash. I know you have many beautiful diamonds from them, so was hoping to get your expert opinion. Thanks! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not Kenny but here's my 2 cents anyway. :tongue: If it is a K, then it is basically a "colourless" diamond but instead of a slight yellow tint, my interpretation, it has a faint brown.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taylorbug!|1345297047|3253536 said:
I am looking at a diamond that is on Leibish website......my question is, it is GIA graded as K, Faint Brown. Do you think this will have any pink tint to it? I want to wear it with a rose gold pink diamond band, but don't want the colors to clash. I know you have many beautiful diamonds from them, so was hoping to get your expert opinion. Thanks! :appl:

I don't think I can offer much help on this question.
I'd trust the pic, and call them and ask how much, if any, pink there is.

I suspect if it had a little pink, but not enough pink for it to make it into a grade like Pinkish Brown, Leibish would have mention pink's presence in their write up.

If Leibish did not mention pink then I'd guess there's no pink.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
If there is noticeable pink in it, GIA would have graded it fancy light pink. Since it was assigned a K designation, then you can definitely assume it's brown.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
light brown is a mysterious thing... i think it's case by case basis... sometimes you score by setting a light brown into pink gold...

here's a sample of my ring, it was graded U-V light brown...
acebruingroup04.jpg

set in pink gold... if you see it in real life, you'd think it has pink or pinkish in the GIA grade... but it's only U-V light brown by GIA...

so the short answer to your question is, you just don't know how it'll turn out until it's set...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results