shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling gypsy...is this ring a beauty or a beast?

moncherie477

Rough_Rock
I read a really interesting thread ages ago and Gypsy had posted lots of advice on OEC and OMC. I had asked for advice in December about a 2ct cushion and wanted it set in a Steven Kirsch halo. Since then I've started looking at antique rings; I like the look of a bigger stone (I've tried 1ct-1.9ct and I don't think they suit my hand). I since tried a 2.9ct and thought it suited me loads better. Budget wise I don't think I can afford a 3ct cushion halo new so started looking at antique styles to see if I can get more for my money. I've found this ring and wanted your opinion on what you think of it - is it a great find or just an overpriced piece of junk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

http://www.gatsbyjewellery.co.uk/product/art-deco-3-06-carat-old-cut-diamond-engagement-ring-circa-1930/#wpcf7-f5858-p13484-o1

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's got potential, lots of it. But I doubt it is a J. Probably closer to an L.

I'd make pricing and sale contingent on them sending stone to GIA and having specs confirmed.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not come across this seller before, they do have some lovely rings! It is quite expensive to not know exactly what you're getting, though. I don't think there's a GIA lab in the UK, would they have to send it to Antwerp?

moncherie477

Rough_Rock
Thanks gypsy and snowdrop.

They have a beautiful 2.46ct OEC with ascher diamonds on the side - it is very beautiful also and they appear to have a GIA certificate for it. The only hesitation I have on it is its a little too chunky with the side diamonds, I'm not sure whether I could pull it off.

Do either of you have any other websites with similar rings?

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results