shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy and Diamondseeker2006 - need help with cushion

Q

Queenie60

My Nephew is looking for an engagement ring for his soon to be fiance'. His budget is $10,000 for the stone and the setting. He will email me a photo of the setting style he is looking for and I will let you know what that is. He has narrowed it down to a cushion, in the G, H, I color range and a VS2 or SI1 clarity and of course, the best cut possible. Her ring size is 5-1/4 and he wants to have a simple solitaire with a few pave diamonds on the band, platinum. Can you help me find the best stone in this price range and his requirements? I am thinking he can get a 1.0 to a 1.5 carat stone with this budget? I hope you can help me. Thank you. :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

Re: Calling Gypsy and Diamondseeker2006 - need help with cus

I'm thinking that James Allen may be our best resource as they seem to have affordable settings and from what I have observed, it's best to purchase the stone and setting with same vendor. I checked WF and they don't have any stones matching my criteria. Help from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am glad to look and I am sure Gypsy will, too! Good Old Gold is the other place to look because they choose nice cushions for their inventory. I'll check and be back soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wull pist some for you later tofay. I am out of the house right now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous 1.3 G VS2, beautiful shape and crown

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.30-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-631094

Pretty 1.5 ct., I color:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.50-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-sku-775164

Pretty cut, probably eyeclean, would have to ask that, but might be overbudget depending on setting...

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.70-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-sku-764975

There were a couple of good H stones except for black inclusions, so I am not listing those.

Q

Queenie60

Thank you DS - this is exciting, I knew that you would come through with some good options. What information should I ask James Allen to provide to be positive that these stones don't have a lot of light leakage? Or, do the numbers tell along with the video provided? I will have him take a look at these stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Queenie60|1453335151|3978813 said:
Thank you DS - this is exciting, I knew that you would come through with some good options. What information should I ask James Allen to provide to be positive that these stones don't have a lot of light leakage? Or, do the numbers tell along with the video provided? I will have him take a look at these stones.

No, numbers tell you nothing. With cushions, seeing them is the only way. James Allen will allow you to choose a maximum of three stones to ask for an ASET image showing light return. They don't always provide them as it depends on where the stones are located. But if he gets them, he can send them to you to post and we can tell you if any of them have problems. All of those stones have a very pretty cut, though.

Q

Queenie60

Thank you.

Q

Queenie60

Thank you, thank you - Gypsy and DS. I will run all of this information by him and get back to you as to what our thoughts are. The both of you are wonderful!!! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Remember to tell him to compare dimensions on the stones not weight. Two cuahions of same weight can have different dimensions

Q

Queenie60

Thank you Gypsy - I will do that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results