shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling @DejaWiz and LGD lovers!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’m thinking about going for my dream solitaire at around a 10mm diameter, budget up to 5K…. Found this H&A stone with a 1.1 HCA. Table is a little bigger than I prefer but maybe worth checking out as the pics/video look good, is CVD a total no-go though? Thoughts? 282F20A9-169B-4CF3-8C02-AA6600F4AF20.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one seems to have a wonky pavilion. You can see it from the black areas between the arrow shafts. I also prefer HPHT because the striations may be more readily apparent in this size.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had trouble finding HPHT around $5K, but here are some options that might be good to get ASET images for.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I had trouble finding HPHT around $5K, but here are some options that might be good to get ASET images for.

Thank you I’ll take a look!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This one seems to have a wonky pavilion. You can see it from the black areas between the arrow shafts. I also prefer HPHT because the striations may be more readily apparent in this size.

This X two...thousand.
Definitely find some alternatives with tighter specs and symmetry.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
This X two...thousand.
Definitely find some alternatives with tighter specs and symmetry.

Thank you both! No rush, I’ll keep looking :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of the one OP posted, unfortunately. It definitely looks a bit wonky to me

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is the first one, followed by the 3rd and 5th ones tied.

Thanks between them I am thinking number 3 or number 5, I had originally wanted to stay with at least an H for color. I’ll keep mulling it over :) appreciate the insight!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Some potential E color alternatives, various clarity:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Some potential E color alternatives, various clarity:

Oh I really like that last one!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one very similar to the last one DejaWiz posted.

And a few others.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last one is not hitting your 10 mm diameter.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to try the 1.57 From Ritani @Kim N posted above! It hit the mark on size and cost, thank you!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It should arrive this week! I picked a simple solitaire setting- they were very reasonable on the site. I’m nervous…. There are so many gorgeous stones out there and I really hope this one is excellent. I keep looking on all the other threads and second guessing myself!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond arrived and it’s gorgeous! I may sound a little crazy though, but my first impression is that this may be too big of a stone to be practical for me- although part of that may be the setting (simple six prong solitaire, pretty thin, and the head is generic and higher set than I’d like). I know DSS is a thing but I’m going to have to wear it around the house a little. It’s so funny how you can be so sure of something and then in person it’s not quite right. I do really love my 2ct MRB lab diamond, the halo just makes it a little unwieldy… maybe I just need to consider a reset of the stone I already own. Or a second stone in the 2-2.5 carat range. Glad there is a 30 day window to think it over!

Attachments

• 99CC218D-D47E-4350-AB2E-5F20B152A51A.jpeg
    99CC218D-D47E-4350-AB2E-5F20B152A51A.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 147

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond arrived and it’s gorgeous! I may sound a little crazy though, but my first impression is that this may be too big of a stone to be practical for me- although part of that may be the setting (simple six prong solitaire, pretty thin, and the head is generic and higher set than I’d like). I know DSS is a thing but I’m going to have to wear it around the house a little. It’s so funny how you can be so sure of something and then in person it’s not quite right. I do really love my 2ct MRB lab diamond, the halo just makes it a little unwieldy… maybe I just need to consider a reset of the stone I already own. Or a second stone in the 2-2.5 carat range. Glad there is a 30 day window to think it over!

I love the arrows flashing in your photo! It definitely looks huge on you, but in a good way! You might find that it feels perfectly at home in the next couple days or week.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It looks absolutely terrific!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock

Wow…this is beautiful! :kiss2: I had to get used to wearing my 2.40 out and about, but I wear it all the time now and sometimes wear my original on my right.:lol:
Can’t wait to see how you feel about it in the days to come.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
You have a beautiful diamond! Yes, it does look big and I really think you will get used to it. Looks quite at home on your hand! Congratulations and another shout out to the D&K dynamic duo for their phenomenal talent at finding super deals for gorgeous diamonds. Also, I've noticed Lovedogs (who helped me) has some homed skills as well. Y'all are like a diamond justice league! ;)2 :appl: I love these threads where "a plan works out!"

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I admired your ring in another post and just had to come back and read the specs. It's beautiful and a great size on you!! Have all your feelings of it being too big gone away? Also, how are you liking the ritani setting? (Holding up well, high setting getting in the way of anything etc.) Would you recommend?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I admired your ring in another post and just had to come back and read the specs. It's beautiful and a great size on you!! Have all your feelings of it being too big gone away? Also, how are you liking the ritani setting? (Holding up well, high setting getting in the way of anything etc.) Would you recommend?

I love it! I got used to the size and it’s perfect. The setting is not getting in the way but I am not wearing it to work- I wear gloves a lot so that would not work.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Hi JV36912,

I have several of the Ritani solitaire settings and I find them well made. I like the high setting and do not find them intrusive, but then again, I have a desk job.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @FL_runner and @MMtwo ! This is exactly what I was curious about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results