shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Chrono and LD and anyone else

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the SimplySapphires LD suggested?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colour is rather dark and the poor cutting is likely to make the stone dull (not sparkly) looking.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is darker and the cut is no better. The cut issue is different; it has a fairly large window where light leaks right through instead of reflecting colour back to the eye.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. I am learning that this is a slow process if you want something spectacular. I am sure the right one will come along!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1352211400|3299773 said:
Thanks guys. I am learning that this is a slow process if you want something spectacular. I am sure the right one will come along!

Bingo! :)) Fine quality coloured stones take much longer to find than diamonds.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share that I ended up getting the 2.82 ct unheated oval blue sapphire from Tan that Chrono had pointed out to me. Thanks Chrono! it will make a stunning ring that I am sure one of my 3 girls will wear down the line! Now the fun is in picking a goldsmith to make a 3 stone ring with the 0.5 diamonds and the sapphire! I am thinking Sally or Daniel M but am open to suggestions as I am truly a newbie.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you! Will you please post pictures when you have the sapphire in hand? TIA.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the stone well, as I've been admiring it for some time. I'm happy to see that you negotiated a better price - good going.

Now I can't wait. When will it be arriving approximately?

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so honoured that you have been admiring it! Yes! After all that searching I was beginning to feel not very confident in my own judgement. I am getting it GIA certified so it will be a while unfortunately!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
The one you purchased is lovely! I can't wait to see hand shots.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
And I actually love that 4 carat with the rust stain. Not sure why but I think it's charming somehow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sapphire looks as great as pictured, and that you'll love it too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results