shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling CAD experts please help me

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I am coming into this way in the process, the ring is done, what if the ring was made with different colored gold? Peach, yellow etc.?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am coming into this way in the process, the ring is done, what if the ring was made with different colored gold? Peach, yellow etc.?

Hi ceilimom im not quite sure I understand your comment, the ring is made in 18ct yellow gold already! If you are wondering if I should have made it in a different color gold I would not have done it in peach or rose as I do not think they go as well with the color of my sapphire plus I do not like them with my skin tone.

Generally speaking I think normally a particular colored stone often points to a particular metal color.
I think mint, mid pinks or lilacs would look great with rose gold. Peach gold might work well with pale blues or purple.
I wouldn’t do platinum with a colored stone for this setting as I don’t think it would look genuinely period. If you were not bothered about that then garnet might look nice. Just my opinions, sure others will have different views.

If you mean more generally has it actually been made in different colors I think VB have made it in rose gold and platinum and set it with diamonds, it looks nice in all three metals I have seen it in.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ceilimom im not quite sure I understand your comment, the ring is made in 18ct yellow gold already! If you are wondering if I should have made it in a different color gold I would not have done it in peach or rose as I do not think they go as well with the color of my sapphire plus I do not like them with my skin tone.

Generally speaking I think normally a particular colored stone often points to a particular metal color.
I think mint, mid pinks or lilacs would look great with rose gold. Peach gold might work well with pale blues or purple.
I wouldn’t do platinum with a colored stone for this setting as I don’t think it would look genuinely period. If you were not bothered about that then garnet might look nice. Just my opinions, sure others will have different views.

If you mean more generally has it actually been made in different colors I think VB have made it in rose gold and platinum and set it with diamonds, it looks nice in all three metals I have seen it in.

Completely agree that 18kt. gold with the sapphire looks lovely. You and I believe others have offered several examples of vintage designs and remakes in different metals. My Great Aunt gave me an antique ring that had a Zircon in it. The setting had peach, green and yellow gold . Granted the design you chose is wonderful, I was curious how colored metals impact designs and a way to experiment with visuals.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Completely agree that 18kt. gold with the sapphire looks lovely. You and I believe others have offered several examples of vintage designs and remakes in different metals. My Great Aunt gave me an antique ring that had a Zircon in it. The setting had peach, green and yellow gold . Granted the design you chose is wonderful, I was curious how colored metals impact designs and a way to experiment with visuals.

Your ring sounds lovely! I guess photoshop would be the way to do that. Maybe easier to do if you have a particular setting/stone combination in mind first!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results