shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling BWeaves!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bweaves, in your post about the pearls that Queenie ordered from heavenly Necklaces, you demonstrated your own detachable pearls. In one of the shots, you're wearing a gorgeous pair of deep-pink-stone-and-diamond-halo studs. May I ask where you got them, and if the brand does other colors? I think they're really beautiful. Are they tourmaline? I really feel a colored-stud-and-halo moment coming on!

Thanks!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BWweaves - I also absolutely adore your large white teardrop-shape detachable pearls. Where in the world did you get those, and what size are they? Want some too!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

img_2233.jpg

These studs are pink tourmalines with teeny little diamonds around as a halo. I bought them at an art show from Thomas Lott Jewelery. He's quitting doing art shows, but is still doing jewelry. Here's his Facebook page. I think he has some sapphires in his photos that are very similar to my tourmalines. He's very good.

https://www.facebook.com/Thomas-Lott-Jewelers-215274918513116/

The blue grey drops were made for me by Sarah at Kojima Pearls. I put them on the back of my earlobe for the tourmalines. Here they are hanging off some huggies I already owned. I believe these are 9mm baroque dyed freshwater pearls, but they match my natural blue akoyas very well.

img_2218.jpg

Sarah at Kojima Pearls also made me these drops. I hang them off huggies or use them as earring jackets.
They are 14 mm long by 11 mm wide. They are freshwater pearls and match my older akoyas very well.

img_2216.jpg

img_2224.jpg

And Kevin Canning from Pearls of Joy made me these metallic drops. These are whiter and shinier than the freshwater drops. They are a plump 12mm drop and match my natural white Hanadamas very well.

img_2198.jpg

What I did was, I saw loose pairs of pearls on the Kojima website, and e-mailed Sarah asking if she could put an appropriate sized eye pin in the pearl drops. I wear the drops off necklaces, too.

Kevin either posted on the Pearls of Joy blog or sent out an e-mail about the large metallic freshwater drops, and I e-mailed him asking if instead of making earrings, if he could just put an eye pin in them.

I sent both vendors photos of my hoop earrings so they could see what size the eye pin needed to be that was going into the pearl.

img_2162_0.jpg
img_2159_0.jpg

I find that Pearl Paradise is also very accommodating when asking for special requests. I haven't worked with Pure Pearls, but I've heard they are good, too.

Here's the POJ and Kojima drops. The 6 mm earrings are Mikimoto huggies.

img_2273.jpg

These "custom" pearl drops were actually very inexpensive. I don't remember the exact prices, but between $60 to $90 a pair. My diamond earrings were gifts from my mother, and were not originally designed to have drops. I don't remember how much the tourmalines were at all. Sorry.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply, Bweaves!

I think those teardrop 14mm detachables are to die for!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! They just shout "Queen Mary" to me. If I had seen them first, I probably would not have bought the POJ metallic drops. But I love both pairs, because they seem to match different strands of pearls.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BWeaves|1462897294|4029811 said:
Thank you! They just shout "Queen Mary" to me. If I had seen them first, I probably would not have bought the POJ metallic drops. But I love both pairs, because they seem to match different strands of pearls.

I was recently rewatching The Tudors on Netflix and your drops reminded me of Anne Boleyn's pearl jewelry. The jewelry on that show is amazing.. :love:

I love all your drops, especially the baroque grey ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results