shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Beau13

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 11:08:12 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I didn't notice it the last time, but are those mini eggs?? Those are my favorite even more than the candy corns.

I told you before that the pics are fantastic. What kind of camera do you use? I can't seem to get any good pics when the camera is more than 6 inches away from my ring. I have problems with the automatic macro setting too as it sometimes blurs out what I am trying to take. Any pic taking advice you have would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks Emerald.
Yes those are Cadbury mini-eggs..love eating them right after I jump off the treadmill!
31.gif

I have a digital SLR (Canon Rebel XSI)..LOVE IT!!
My best photos are those that I take with the macro setting. I have to work on non-macro shots.
It does help to have a decent camera, great lighting, and a tripod (stability), camera shake causes blurry pics.
That's all I can tell you about taking decent close up shots! Practice, practice, practice!!

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock

Hi Beau,

Thanks so much for answering my questions – the information is extremely helpful! I just did a quick internet search and found the following contact info for P & H Design, 221 Victoria St, Toronto, (416) 367-2870. Is this info correct? I placed a call and the individual who answered wasn''t familiar with Pricescope but provided me with an email address to place my inquiries. Before I send off an email I want to ensure I''m contacting the correct organization. Oh, the P & H I contacted are in the jewellery business.

I also have a few more questions. Is your ring white gold or plat.? If it is white gold did P & H advise that you will have to rhodium plate it? My eternity band is 18kt white gold; I''ve been wearing it for almost two years and it''s still bright and shiney.

My ring reno is still a few months off but I will let you know of the outcome.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 9:37:00 AM
Author: blingmyring

Hi Beau,

Thanks so much for answering my questions – the information is extremely helpful! I just did a quick internet search and found the following contact info for P & H Design, 221 Victoria St, Toronto, (416) 367-2870. Is this info correct? I placed a call and the individual who answered wasn't familiar with Pricescope but provided me with an email address to place my inquiries. Before I send off an email I want to ensure I'm contacting the correct organization. Oh, the P & H I contacted are in the jewellery business.

I also have a few more questions. Is your ring white gold or plat.? If it is white gold did P & H advise that you will have to rhodium plate it? My eternity band is 18kt white gold; I've been wearing it for almost two years and it's still bright and shiney.

My ring reno is still a few months off but I will let you know of the outcome.
Correct! No..they wouldn't know what Pricescope is! You may have to work through a local jeweler to get the custom work done by P&H (which is what I did). I could be wrong though. You can print a pic of my ring, it was just done a month ago..so they would be familiar with it. If you like the general design, I'm sure they can change the parts you aren't fond of..and make yours a little different. My ring is white gold, I've had palladium and platinum rings, and really disliked platinum..too dull..scratches seem difficult to polish out. I may have to rhodium plate my new ring eventually..my local jeweler will take care of that for me when needed.
Let me know how it goes..

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau this is probably going to sound really stupid but with an SLR camera do you have to focus by adjusting the lense bit at the front?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 1:36:00 PM
Author: Maisie
Beau this is probably going to sound really stupid but with an SLR camera do you have to focus by adjusting the lense bit at the front?
Hey Maisie
35.gif
, that''s not a stupid question at all.
You just pick the setting (macro), and the camera focuses on the subject automatically. You can zoom in or out as much as you want, but turning the lens..yes!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 2:11:33 PM
Author: beau13

Hey Maisie
35.gif
You just pick the setting (macro), and the camera focuses on the subject automatically. You can zoom in or out as much as you want, but turning the lens..yes!
Thanks Beau. I am looking for a new camera so I can get really close up pics of my ring. And take photos of the kids of course!
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well Maisie, I highly recommend the Canon Rebel XSI, it''s reasonably priced, takes great pics, and was recommended to me, by a few professional photographers as a good way to start out taking semi-professional pics. They said the lens is the most important thing (the body doesn''t matter as much), and you can buy different lens for the camera at a later date, depending what type photography you want to get into. I need a good lens for sports photography, since I have started to take many pics of my lil hockey players...racing down the ice! lol

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation. Its always good when someone in the know points you in the right direction. My kids aren''t sporty unfortunately but they love getting their photo taken!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
No problem Maisie..I can assure you this camera is user friendly. I''ve taken a few great pics of my kids, but lately, they run when they see me with the camera ("no more pics mom").lol. Happy Easter Maisie!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and happy easter to you, beau! :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:14:54 AM
No problem Maisie..I can assure you this camera is user friendly. I''ve taken a few great pics of my kids, but lately, they run when they see me with the camera (''no more pics mom'').lol. Happy Easter Maisie!
My youngest is like that! He puts his head in his hands so I can''t get a picture of his face!

Happy Easter Beau - and everyone else
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 2:11:33 PM

Hey Maisie
35.gif
Actually, if you''re using something that is not a Point and Shoot, you will want to use manual focus to get the best image. Auto Focus tends to hunt a lot and it never goes where you want it to - so put your camera on a tripod and set the lens to manual focus, and adjust until it''s sharp.

You''ll also need a true macro lens to get serious close ups, too. if you don''t want to go through so much work - which I totally don''t blame you! - just get a Point and Shoot with a macro setting that gets close to 1:1 size. (1:1 is true macro - 1:2 and beyond is not true macro, but the Canon Powershot series gets pretty darn close.)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will start a thread in hangout to ask my photography questions so I don''t hijack this thread any further!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I didn''t even realise that you''ve replied and provided several helpful comments. Thanks very much.

Alas, I don''t think I''ll be upgrading to my 5ct, as the vendor is asking for a price about $3-4k more expensive than other vendors.

So, I will not be changing my 3ct (not purchased from this vendor, in case of any confusion) to a RHR any time soon!
7.gif

Thanks very much anyway and your ring really is VERY GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 2:04:55 AM
Author: Phoenix
Wow, I didn''t even realise that you''ve replied and provided several helpful comments. Thanks very much.

Alas, I don''t think I''ll be upgrading to my 5ct, as the vendor is asking for a price about $3-4k more expensive than other vendors.

So, I will not be changing my 3ct (not purchased from this vendor, in case of any confusion) to a RHR any time soon!
7.gif

Thanks very much anyway and your ring really is VERY GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks Phoenix..I adore my ring. Your rings are gorgeous too. I think your rings are perfect, the way they are currently. I would be more than happy with the 3 carat (rather than 5) on my finger..but that''s just me!! This thread kinda got off topic (they usually do), from rings to cameras and photographs..but I do hope it has been somewhat helpful , with regards to your original inquiry. Have a Happy Easter!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results