shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling anyone with a whiteflash setting or white gold head

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

varshini

Rough_Rock
I recently contacted whiteflash about their setting. They told me that if I get an 18k setting the head will also be 18K WG? Does anyone have a white gold head? Any problems with it?

THanks,
Varshini

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
plenty of folks us WG on the heads of their rings. I''m sure a WF setting will be fine..

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
do you sew, work with your hands, or do chemistry or nursing? if so, get platinum prongs.

i destroy white gold prongs.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Your personal wear-and-tear habits can influence this choice. Varshini, if you prefer a platinum head please mention that to your sales consultant for options.

ETA, I love it: LadyK! ...Destroyer of white gold prongs!"

varshini

Rough_Rock
Do you guys think that their would be a noticable difference between the 18k white gold band and the platinum head?

THanks

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 11:27:22 PM
Author: varshini
Do you guys think that their would be a noticable difference between the 18k white gold band and the platinum head?

THanks
In appearance or wear? In appearance WG looks more white but gets tinted when it needs rhodium plating. Platinum always has a slightly more slivery look and starts to look slightly tull looking when it needs polishing. Platinum is more durable and doesn''t degrade or get rubbed off from sewing...but most find that 18k gold heads are probably fine for many years of use.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a platinum band with a diecast WG head and I honestly cannot see a difference in color between the prongs and the shank of my ring.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have WG prongs on my ring and I have never had a problem at all. I wouldn''t say that I am hard on my ring, but I am a nurse and I have always worn my ring to work (for 12 years now).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results