shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding photo, LT! Wow. A couple of my friends visited the Biltmore while we were at ASU, but I missed out on that trip.

Ladies, I need some insight. I've been having terrible stomach cramps since 2 AM. They are very low in my abdomen, and my lower back and legs really ache with them, too.

I had a doctor's appointment at 3:45 and he seemed to think it could be pre-labor, but he said to wait until I get regular contractions 8-minutes apart to call the hospital. (8 mins b/c I'm having a C-section.)

Here's my question: Could these be real contractions? My stomach hurts constantly, but I do get waves of more intense pain. I'm in tears here, I'm so uncomfortable and in pain. I think we'll start timing the waves of more intense pain and see if they're coming regularly. Doctor said I'm 90% effaced and 3 cm dilated, so not much progress there with the dilation. HELP! What do I do?

AND, any ideas how to make this feel better? Walking, bathing, heating pad, moving--nothing helps. This pain is awful. If labor is going to be terribly worse, I don't know how I'm going to do it!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I would go to the hospital Haven! My contractions were never evenly timed out... They started out how you described and by the time I got to the hospital they were coming on so much faster and since you're already 3cmand 90% effaced...it's better to be safe in my opinion! You not want to risk anything nice you need a csection! I went from nothing to baby in 8 hrs lol if you're in tears I say go.. When I was having mine i was like damn... These suck but they can't be real.. To in tears about 2 hrs later... Fingers crossed! But there is no harm in going in and getting checked out! I'm happy we went when we did or I might have ended up with a natural birth with my epi if we waited any longer lol

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Haven - thinking of you!!! Sounds like you're having a baby tonight! Amazing!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Haven I'm thinking of you!! I'll bet you're going to have a baby within a day!

ETA: Dandi Your little baby is beautiful! Sounds like you're already mastering motherhood. :praise: Congratulations!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I was induced, so I don't have much helpful advice about what a natural labor feels like, but once I was in active labor, I was feeling a lot of the feelings you mentioned. The back pain during contractions was the worst part for me! Sending my thoughts your way for a safe arrival. Very excited to "meet" Haven Jr. whenever it happens!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Haven that sounds exactly like labour to me!

Also my midwife told me effacement is the hard part on a first labour, so you are way ahead of the game - I was behind you (3cm and 60% effaced) when I showed up in the labour ward with contractions coming hard and fast!!!

Hoping the silence means you went to the hospital and that baby is on his/her way and that all is well :appl: :appl: :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven, that certainly sounds like it could be labor!! Have you been 3cms and 90% for awhile now? You dont usually see that much effacement in first time moms unless they're in labor!! I hope you're ok!!! Please check in with us when you can!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I'm hoping the silence is because you went to the hospital...thinking of you!

Dandi, Oscar is adorable and such a big boy!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I don't know the answer to your questions yet, but just wanted to chime in that I'm thinking of you and hope all is going well!!! :wavey:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I was also induced after my bag sprung a leak. I described early contractions as: Y'know when you really, really *REALLY* have to pee and you're like ants in your pants squirmy because your bladder's so full? It's kinda like that, but a LOT more squirmy. As the labor progresses it felt stronger and stronger.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Haven, i popped in to see how you were - sounds like im just in time...best of luck, i hope everything goes well =)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squeeeeeee!!! Good luck Haven!!!!!

mlk

Shiny_Rock
Dandi, congrats mummy and welcome Oscar! Sorry to hear you ended up with an emergency c/s but sounds like it may have been for the best given your big boy. What a cutie!

Haven, hope your silence means you're now a mummy and that everything went well. HOpe to hear your story soon!

I am now home from the hospital for the last week and finally able to post pics of my litle man. He is doing really well so far, back to his birthweight and then some and off the breathing assistance. Need to fatten him up before he can come home cos he's only 1.5kg. Not quite ready to move over to the mummy thread until he's home but hope to see you all over there soon!

photo_160.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
mlk soooo precious!! glad you are home & hoping your little fellow can join you real soon :)

haven I hope all is going well & that little one has made a safe arrival into this world!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dandi, congrats! :appl: I :love: the name Oscar!

MLK, so glad you're health is on the rebound and your little guy is doing well. Take it easy. I'm sure this has all been very tough on your body so be kind to yourself.

Haven, I missed your post earlier but I sure do hope that was labor and your little peanut is in your arms!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MLK, your son looks like such an angel! I want to cover him with kisses!

Dandi, more pics of your son too!

Ack! The squishy babies are just so. freaking. cute!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dandi and MLK, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Such beautiful babies, mommas! hugs :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at that beautiful baby, MLK!

Well, I was indeed in labor. We started timing and contractions were three to four minutes apart so we called the hospital amd they said get in the car and get down here NOW! We arrived at the hospital at 8 PM and we had a baby at 10:02PM! It's a boy! Brienz Hart was born on 12/18/12, weighed 8 lbs 13 oz at birth and is 20 inches long.

I am so in love with my boy. I'll post more details and pictures later when I'm on a computer, I'm no good on my mom's iPad.

Love to you all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delurking to say CONGRATS HAVEN and Mr. HAVEN on the arrival of your little angel!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
HAVEN!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :appl: :appl: I was refreshing PS all day to see if you checked in, I had a feeling that was it for you!!! How are you feeling?? I hope everything went well and that you are doing great!!! Get up and get walking, girl!!!

I love the name you chose for your little boy!!! Arent boys the best??? Cant wait to hear all about it and see pics of the little man!!
Congrats to you and your DH again!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Haven!! :appl: :appl:

Did you have any inclination it was a boy? So happy for you, little boys rock :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boys are great Haven; Congrats!!!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yay for Haven!!!!!! Little boys are so fantastic. Congratulations!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Haven!!!!!!!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enormous congratulations! Mazel tov!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haven, congratulations on your new arrival!! He's a very lucky boy to be born to someone who is going to be a fabulous mom.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Haven! im so happy for you =) :appl:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, what wonderful news!!! :appl: Being a momma to a boy is going to be AMAZING! I can't wait to hear more.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: haven!! congrats!! I love the name choice, so special & unique! can't wait for pics :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YAY!!! Congrats to the Haven clan and I CAN'T wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheer--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results