shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Haven YES!!! I've been checking and waiting for an update from you! Congratulations mama!! Love the name! Hope you are doing well and loving being a mom!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Huge congratulations to you and your husband, Haven! As everyone else has said, being a mommy to a baby boy is the best thing ever. I hope you are both doing well and getting rest. Can't wait to hear more and see a picture of your little man!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Haven many congrats to you and your husband! Welcome to the world Baby Breinz! Love the name too.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Haven - so happy to hear your little one is here safe and sound.

When are you returning to work? I believe I live like a mile away from your work - so if you ever need me to run errands for you, or even watch the boy. I have no day job so I have all the free time in the world. Do not hesitate to let me know.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, I'm so, so, so happy for you! I can't wait to *meet* Brienz! Congratulations!

:appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Haven! :appl:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yayayayayaya Haven!! Congratulations on your bundle of joy and love!! I'm so excited for you!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Haven! Boys are great! We have four and I have loved being a mom to boys. You will love it. They are so black and white.(love my daughter too!) So happy for you! Can't wait to see photos!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Haven!! Hope you're enjoying your son!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Haven! Wishing you, baby Brienz and Mr. Haven all the best.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the congratulations, everyone! Brienz is sleeping on my chest so I figured I'd pop in to say thank you and post some pictures.

We came home Saturday evening after four nights in the hospital. The first night home was a trial, but last night was much better and we are just so in love with our baby boy I can't stand it. I'll have to type out my birth story at some point, but I don't have the energy right now.

So, here's our newest mini-PSer, Brienz!
ry_3d400.jpg
ry_3d400b.jpg

Prana, you're next!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... He is a handsome little guy. Congratulations!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven he's so beautiful :love: and you are looking fine if i may say (cant believe you just gave birth!) :bigsmile:

Hope you and your family have an amazing first Christmas together :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Haven--such a wonderful picture--you both look gorgeous! Once again, congrats!!

cheers--Shaorn

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, he's such a handsome boy! And, woman, you look FANTASTIC! Congratulations again and here's to a quick recovery for you!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMGoodness Haven, he is perfect!! And you...well...you simply radiate beauty! I never thought you could look any more beautful than when I first met you, but I was wrong....oh so wrong. Congratulations a GAZILLION times over!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
He is beautiful, congrats! Love that name, too! Very cool. Is he named after the Swiss village?

On another note... Holy cow, motherhood looks good on you!! You look amazing--I covet your glowing skin, shiny hair and bright eyes. I can't believe you just gave birth! You are one gorgeous mama.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations Haven! He is a beautiful boy!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mlk - Such a sweet photo of your little guy!! Would love to hear an update on how both of you are doing.

Haven - He's just perfect! Congrats mama!!

Welcome to motherhood ladies!! It is the best!! :love: :love:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Haven, what a beautiful baby and a beautiful new mama! Congratulations. Hope things continue to go well for you! See you in the mommy thread once you get all settled in!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
haven what a handsome fellow mr. brienz is!! and, lady, how do you look so good after giving birth?! I look like a swollen train wreck in the few photos I allowed to be taken of me in the hospital! you? look ready to walk down the catwalk! big congrats again!!

Congrats Haven! He is gorgeous. haha I hope I look that good after giving birth too! :cheeky:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven...way to go gurl...you look faboosh and Brienz is a total cutie pie.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sooo behind!!! But congrats to DandiAndi, mlk, and Haven on your beautiful baby boys!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
DS, you're right, we've had quite the Baby Boy Boom here on PS.

Congrats Haven. Mr. B looks just gorgeous! So happy for the whole Haven family!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Haven! You look great, and the baby is adorable!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Haven, what a beautiful little boy! And you look stunning!

I owe you some book recommendations. I loved Dr. Sears' "The Baby Book". Whatever your thoughts are on AP, it's a fantastic reference book for so many things that come up in the first two years (bright green poop? Rash around mouth? What temperature should his room be at night? Etc). Also I love "Healthy Child, Whole Child". It's an integrative medicine view on kids' health that is totally common sense yet very interesting and helpful. Also love "Simplicity Parenting." Something about your posts makes me think you'd like it too. :)

In the first two weeks of my first son's life, my hubby and I camped out on the couch nursing, changing diapers, cuddling and watching the entire Battlestar Galatica series. It was awesome. :)

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
haven he is so beautiful! And you look so happy, you are just radiant!!!! Congratulations!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I have been away for a while, so boy do I have some catching up to do! Congratulations, HAVEN!! :appl: :appl: :appl: That is one beautiful baby, and one beautiful new mom too! So glad to hear you guys are settling in well. Hope you are able to get some rest too! I can't wait to hear the story, especially how you found out it was a boy. ::)

Prana, it won't be long now! And don't worry, I'm sure that 3 year old in there won't delay as bad as you think. ;)) And I cannot believe that I am next after you - how in the world??

I'm at 33 weeks as of yesterday. Lots of baby movement these days. I'm finally realizing what it means to be kicked in the ribs - it only happens at night when I'm laying down, but boy is it uncomfortable, haha. The insomnia seems to be kicking in a bit too - I've started to have to run to the bathroom about once a night now, so sometimes getting back to sleep is pretty tough if my brain gets going. I think the hormones are making me hot at night too, which seems to add to the already sometimes difficult task of getting some comfortable rest, haha. Oh, I've also had some nosebleeds - not so fun - think it's the combination of the extra blood volume and the dry air, despite our humidifier - I had one this morning WHILE I was washing my face, talk about inconvenient (and gross). Otherwise, just trucking along... My first/main shower is scheduled for this Saturday, but we've had a death in the extended-family-by-marriage, which impacts many of the planners and thus may impact the shower, so we're waiting to see what needs to happen with those plans.

I've posted the latest weekly picture too - wore the red for Christmas. :))

Hope everyone else is doing well - prana, puppmom, mia, bean (I'm sure I'm forgetting people, help me)... how are you all? Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday! :wavey:

20121226_016_33weeks.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA for so long, Oscar is asleep so I thought I'd take the chance to type out my birth story!

So on the morning of Wednesday 12-12-12 I woke up with a few niggly contractions at about 12:30am. I dozed on and off as they were roughly 20 minutes apart at that stage, but by 4am I was pacing around the house and in a reasonable amount of discomfort. By 5am they were 4 minutes apart and I sat in a warm bath for an hour while DH had a shower and packed up the car. I rang the hospital and we arrived there at about 6:30am. As it's the hospital I work at we were very warmly greeted by the midwives as I know them all fairly well!

I wandered around my room for a bit and my OB came in and checked me at 8:30am, and I was 3 centimetres dilated at that stage. He was pleased with my progress at that point, and left us to it. I got straight into the bath and managed there pretty well with no pain relief. By 11:45 my contractions were really painful and close together, so I got out of the bath and into a hospital gown, and knelt on the bed with some gas. I was only getting about 20 seconds reprieve between contractions, so at 12:00 midday my midwife called the OB thinking that this baby was well on its way! DH was so fantastic, wiping my forehead with a damp cloth, making sure I drank water between contractions, and never leaving my side.

My OB was running a bit late and arrived at about 12:30 in the afternoon. By then I could barely breathe between contractions and couldn't speak at all. Admittedly I was really starting to struggle. My OB checked me again and I was only 4-5 centimetres dilated! Grr! He told me that me and Oscar were both working really really hard, and the lack of progress meant that there was atill a long way to go, so he gently coaxed me in to having an epidural, which I warmly welcomed! He rang the operating theatres upstairs (where I work) for an anaesthetist, and thankfully my boss knows which ones I like and don't like, and he got me a good one! :bigsmile: He was down straight away and popped the epidural straight in, my goodness what a relief. I think I professed my undying love to him a few times. :cheeky:

After another 4 hours or so I was checked again (after a much needed sleep!) and no further progress. OB then decided to put up some Oxytocin to try and speed things up a bit, but then discovered Oscar had flipped posterior and his head was engaged, but locked to one side. Poor little guy was well and truely stuck.

At 7:30pm my OB came back to check me again, and I was only 6 centimetres. Oscar's heart rate was way up, and both of us had a raging temperature. I was roasting! He then suggested a few things like trying to turn Oscar, but that I really needed a caesarian. By that stage I welcomed the idea! OB called my favourite anaesthetist who came in from home (BLESS!) and up to theatre we went. I was a lovely experience actually, as I have worked the late shift in the OR on a Wednesday for the last 8 years, so my whole crew was on shift to look after me! There were no other theatres running so they were all over us like hens with one chick, it was really fun and exciting!

After topping up my epidural I was popped on the table, and our beautiful boy was born at 8:48pm. I was so exhausted afterwards, after 20 hours in labour, plus I lost about 1000ml of blood, but didn't need a transfusion thankfully. The surgery itself was very smooth and my recovery has been a cinch pain-wise. I stayed in the hospital for another 6 nights.

We have been home for 9 days now. My emotions have been really up and down, I've cried so much and my appetite in the evenings is dreadful, but O is feeding like an absolute champ, and sleeps fairly well. I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself, my mum is here every day doing the housework and watching O while DH and I sleep, she is a godsend. She and dad stayed here for a bit on Christmas Eve while O slept, so DH and I could do some shopping. I have been feeling really isolated and have serious cabin fever, so it was lovely just to get out of the house for a bit! I can't drive for another 4 weeks, by then hopefully I'll feel up to heading out and about with our little dude.

Whoa, sorry about the novel! Here's an updated pic of our little guy having a bath with daddy, and with me in hospital at 2 days old. Much love to you all!

bath_time.jpg

mum_and_oscar.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results