shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginger, congrats on baby Aidan. What a looker!

Vesper, I''m loving that ring. It''s beautiful....off to search the internet for July and August birthstone.
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Vesper- Your ring is Beautiful!!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 2:02:32 AM
Author: gingerB

sorry to continue the thread jack but vesper that is GORGEOUS! wonder if i could talk hubbs into wrapping his mind around the concept of a push present
3.gif
Thanks so much everyone! I can''t wait to wear it!

Ginger, I was lucky in that my old OB made a comment to DH about getting me some jewelry as a "reward" for carrying his baby during an appointment a few months before our first baby was born.

Then when he came to visit the day after I delivered the baby, he asked my DH if he had been to Tiffany''s yet to buy me a push present. So, the precedent was established during my first pregnancy, because DH didn''t want to look like he was slacking in front of the doc.
emwink.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
ginger, Aidan is SUCH a cutie! I love those big open eyes, congrats, what a sweetheart.

That ring is gorgeous, vesper. My push present was a couch
3.gif
But I wanted it really bad lol.

But we are fully moved in to our new house and our new bed is all kinds of fabulous, so I slept like a big ole rock all weekend. DH too - he even slept all night with me, which is like a novelty now with him working overnights.

I think I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday. I was sitting on the couch watching tv, DH was asleep, and the baby was SUPER active - my belly was jumping all over the place. And then he crammed himself over completely on the left side of my belly (kinda funny, my stomach was all lopsided), and then my whole stomach tightened up for about 15 seconds and Micah stopped moving. I touched it and it was hard as a rock and it felt sooo weird, like how a cramped muscle feels but no pain. And then it was over. So strange. He's sitting REALLY low, I can actually feel his head turning from side to side right behind my pubic bone like he's trying to engage already. And of course now I am like, noooooo, you can't come yet, I'm not ready! Even though when he's being mean to me I wish he was out now lol.

At the ultrasound last Friday they inclined me upside down to try and get him to rise up out of my pelvis - they couldn't even see his head at all he was so low. The pressure relief was quick and lasted until this morning, but now he is back in my pubic bone. Everyone seems to be freaking out about this (my family and DH), as they seem to think this means he will come early, but I am not feeling too worried. He will come when he's ready!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 11:01:37 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
ginger, Aidan is SUCH a cutie! I love those big open eyes, congrats, what a sweetheart.

That ring is gorgeous, vesper. My push present was a couch
3.gif
But I wanted it really bad lol.

But we are fully moved in to our new house and our new bed is all kinds of fabulous, so I slept like a big ole rock all weekend. DH too - he even slept all night with me, which is like a novelty now with him working overnights.

I think I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday. I was sitting on the couch watching tv, DH was asleep, and the baby was SUPER active - my belly was jumping all over the place. And then he crammed himself over completely on the left side of my belly (kinda funny, my stomach was all lopsided), and then my whole stomach tightened up for about 15 seconds and Micah stopped moving. I touched it and it was hard as a rock and it felt sooo weird, like how a cramped muscle feels but no pain. And then it was over. So strange. He''s sitting REALLY low, I can actually feel his head turning from side to side right behind my pubic bone like he''s trying to engage already. And of course now I am like, noooooo, you can''t come yet, I''m not ready! Even though when he''s being mean to me I wish he was out now lol.

At the ultrasound last Friday they inclined me upside down to try and get him to rise up out of my pelvis - they couldn''t even see his head at all he was so low. The pressure relief was quick and lasted until this morning, but now he is back in my pubic bone. Everyone seems to be freaking out about this (my family and DH), as they seem to think this means he will come early, but I am not feeling too worried. He will come when he''s ready!
MP, congrats on being all moved into your new place - your new bad sounds fabulous. There''s nothing like a good night''s sleep at 8 months pregnant, you lucky girl!

Hopefully the fact that your baby is low means that you''ll have an easy delivery. My baby never descended, and getting him out was not fun
emcrook.gif

Your couch story totally cracks me up - my DH bought me a treadmill for Xmas 4 weeks after DS was born. All of my friends & family were horrified (like he was trying to give me a hint now that the baby was out) but it was actually a gift that I had asked for. He was sort of embarrassed because he didn''t anticipate everyone''s reaction, but I thought it was funny.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
We had our first U/S today, I am 8 weeks 5 days by measurments. Everything looked good so far, we could make out the head, spine, legs/arms and we could see the heart beat but couldn''t hear it on the machine. The doctor said it was a strong heartbeat at 173! It was such a relief to actually see it and it made it so real!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Jena! I''m glad to hear everything''s right on track!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 3:21:43 PM
Author: Jena17
We had our first U/S today, I am 8 weeks 5 days by measurments. Everything looked good so far, we could make out the head, spine, legs/arms and we could see the heart beat but couldn''t hear it on the machine. The doctor said it was a strong heartbeat at 173! It was such a relief to actually see it and it made it so real!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations! Such a cool thing! Just wait till you hear the H/B! The beginning is so exciting!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 3:21:43 PM
Author: Jena17
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

yay! isn''t seeing the little baby for the first time the best?!
36.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hello ladies
35.gif

I feel like I''ve been away from this thread for ages! So much to catch up on. sorry if I miss anyone.

ginger - aiden is gorgeous. so many congratulations again to your family and hopes for a very speedy healing!!

mara - thanks so much for the pump review. My SIL has the PIS and really likes it, but I am very much drawn to the closed system. I don''t want to be fussing with tubes, etc. My only hestitation, aside from not knowing what my supply will be, is the fact that I can get all the medela stuff in person, where as the ameda has to be ordered online, that''s not been a pain has it?

jcrow -
14.gif
about the glucose test, but it sounds like you are very informed and I''m hopeful that you''ll be able to manage things without meds! I''m also glad that you have support from both family and some people on this thread.

kim - now I''m rather partial to stripes
9.gif
, but regardless you look fab! seriously fantastic!!

drk - your belly is just the picture of supple, smoothness. perfect bump.

mer - definitely a skinny day for that picture. you are a gorgeous pregnant lady!! and hurray for 30 (and now plus) weeks!!

vesper -
30.gif
your ultrasound photo! such an amazing image. also, your ring is so elegant. I love the alternating shape of the eternity ring and the fact that you have it in your paws now
3.gif
excellent job mr. vesper. must start working on mr. lulu
9.gif

monkey - congratulations on moving in and settling in!! a couch is a most excellent present!!

so excited -
36.gif
congratulations on your engagement!! sorry that the employment news had to follow so shortly. but glad that you''ve been hearing positive news about the non-compete, etc.

congrats jena on your first appointment! such a special time.

Things around these parts have been pretty much status quo. heart burn is the pits
14.gif
. I''m at 23 weeks and my belly is definitely popping. in a good way (for now).

This weekend we purchased a second car. We recently moved from the city to a more suburban neighborhood and found that when the wee one comes we''ll be needing two rides. Kids, expensive before they''re even here
2.gif

I''ve also made some major progress on our registry (thanks in large part to all of the advice I''ve received here) and after a test drive of a different sort, went ahead and purchased a stroller.
36.gif
36.gif
very good stuff.

In the most exciting news, I''m officially starting a countdown to our *much needed* getaway. Destination relaxation in NINE days.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies, this is my first post in here! Just got two BFPs and I''m shaking a bit, haha.

I booked a Drs appointment today so I guess they will take a blood sample etc.

DH is at work so I''ll wait till he gets home to tell him the news! eeee!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
CoralQuiz - yay! congrats and welcome :]

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Coral, and congratulations.

Jena, so glad you got to see the baby. Lots of fun.

Lulu, it's amazing how quickly it all adds up! I needed a new car too, and I love it, but I loved having no car payment for 3 years.

I was monitored this morning and then had my 37 wk appt. I'm 2/3 effaced and between 1 and 2 centimeters dilated. She stripped my membranes and I'm scheduled for induction Thursday evening. We made it to 37 weeks, which is what I really wanted, so I'm good with the plan. I'm a bit overwhelmed that it's happening so soon, but so very excited.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Coral! How exciting! Let us know how he reacts
36.gif

Kim, yayyyy! Moving right along there, you''re so close. Here''s hoping your LO arrives without induction necessary
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
jcrow, so sorry about the GD. I hope you can monitor it with diet and exercise.

LIA, hope your NT scan went well! I think the NT scan is the best u/s!

vesper, beautiful ring! nice choice!

ginger, good luck talking your DH into getting you a PP. I got a baby ring after D was born and I already know what I want to get for baby #2. It''s going to take some convincing this time around. Hopefully I have enough time since I wouldn''t buy it until the end of this year.
2.gif

Coral, congrats and welcome!!!

Jena, congrats on a great first u/s! I LOVE seeing the heatbeat for the first time!
30.gif

lulu, which stroller did you get? Where are you going on vacation? How exciting!

KimberlyH, how exciting! Sending you lots of labor dust!

MP, how are you feeling?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Coral! Welcome...

Kim, get crackin! Or baking, or... resting up? Well, good job on getting your little one this far and good luck!

Jena, congrats on your good scan! Its such a relief isn''t it? I''m looking forward to my 10+ week appt, hoping I''ll get another little peak. And our little one was not particularly humanoid-looking at the 6ish week scan, it would be nice to see something a little less tadpole-like at the next scan. ;-)

Lulu, awesome on the car. I see us heading this way too, though it worries me. Hubby''s car is old and on the blink again, and he does nothing to fix it ever so its always on me to take it to the shop and get it running again... While we can currently get by on one car (which hubs is perfectly happy borrow mine and let his sit there til it rusts over), we will need two starting next summer when his job changes so we should probably get a more reliable one. But my job situation after this year is uncertain and I''m hesitant to use saving or go into debt for a new car... And clearly I want something new or newish so that it is less of a reliability liability.  My car is no spring chicken as it is. Hem-Haw. If only the old one would have held out a bit longer before being so unreliable. But its been irregular now for 1-2 yrs now so its probably time to give up on it
7.gif

Snlee, good to know I am not alone! I too hate the first tri. I am amazed that wrecking my proper body functioning is good for growing the baby. Also seriously questioning signing up to do this again - many people such as yourself apparently do - but I figure I will have to count on selective amnesia for any subsequent voluntary pregnancies. That and lying to myself. Holding out for relief in the second tri, speaking of which-

LIA, you give me HOPE. That is what I do now, click off days. 9 and a half weeks. Please let the MS end with the first trimester, or taper off earlier! Pretty please, gods of the nausea?

Today not so bad thus far, knock on wood. Actually went for a walk this am, and the pregnancy+sloth-like behavior has definitely done a number on my conditioning! Will have to kick myself out of recluse mode ASAP to recover a bit of aerobic capacity in the 2nd tri. Nothing crazy mind you, but... 9 mo of couch potato is not a good plan.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I had another u/s today!
36.gif
Ended up waiting 45 minutes with a full bladder (no fun!) because I thought they would do an abdominal u/s but they ended up doing transvaginal. We saw our little blobby and the heartbeat!
30.gif
What a relief! HB was strong at 140. It measured 6w6d so my DD is 10/12/10, which is very close to my son''s DD just 2 years ago so their birthdays will be close. With these measurements, I ovulated 3 days after we DTD. I''m thinking it''s a girl since X sperm live longer. We don''t have a strong preference for either. One of each would be great but also having another boy since we have lots of boy clothes already and I''m sure two boys would be best buds!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
cara, don''t worry, it WILL get better! I was just telling DH that I don''t remember feeling so sick and tired when I was pregnant with D. I guess it''s really true - you forget all the pain or at least it''s a very distant dull memory. Either that or this m/s is worst this time around. Also caring for a toddler takes lots of energy so that adds lots of extra work! Yeah, is it time for bed yet???

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
For those with bad m/s - there are things out there that are safe and really help.

I had hyperemesis and nearly ended up in hospital in the first tri - I had 24/7 nausea and was throwing up 20+ times a day at one point. It finally went at 26 weeks - however my GP took pity on me and put me on 10mg of promethazine a day which made a HUGE difference.

I''m told vitamin B6 is also very effective.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu... i haven''t ordered anything yet for the ameda but it comes with a few extra things to start...so in terms of ''replacing'' things you wouldn''t need to do much at least for the first few months at least. it gives you extra little valves (2 sets) and you can order an extra flange set if you want right away so you don''t have to clean as much. i already had a set from the hospital pump that works with the PY. i will need to get a larger flange set as my nipples are bigger, so i will need to order that. also in terms of getting medela locally... whenever i go to target they never had much in stock anyway so i would still need to order it online so it seemed mostly the same. plus again once you get the few things you need to have two working sets or whatever, i couldn''t think about what ''extra'' i''d need to have easy access to from the store.

cara... i hear you re: not wanting to do pregnancy again. well i''m in the newborn phase now, but i couldn''t see wanting to do this part again either haha. i love my sleep WAY too much and my bones are way too creaky. as TG would say, i''m TOFTS...haha. and pregnancy too. this body just wanted to do all this once, and i''m good now thanks hehe.

i do know women who just LOVE being pregnant though. i am definitely not one of them, but more power to them...i am amazed at the power of our bodies and what it can accomplish for sure and i am glad i did it once.

re: nausea... there are def things out there to ask your Dr about, but i have a friend who did try the drugs and they gave her other side effects and didn''t help the nausea..i don''t know details but basically she has lost like 15 lbs and she was tiny to begin with. she might have to go on disability because she can barely do her job, thankfully she can WFH most of the time but man...it''s been extremely tough on her. funny hearing things like that puts the nausea i dealt with in perspective.

hope all the other preggos are doing great!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Cara, I''m so sorry about the nausea, it can be debilitating. Hang in there. Try ginger (ginger altoids helped me, I hate ginger and couldn''t stomach much else).

Thanks for the encouraging words. I don''t want to go into labor today or tomorrow, I''m working tomorrow and we have dinner plans.
1.gif
It is pretty exciting, but I would like to push the pause button and slow things down, it all feels like it''s happening so fast already, I hate to think how fast time will go by once she arrives.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh random note to you preggos!!! even though sleeping is prob not that fun right now, def wake up and SAVOR the silence in the house and the fact that you can lay there and stretch your toes and look outside at the winter sun or trees or whatever and your time is STILL YOUR OWN! this is one thing that no one reminds you of before birth..afterwards your time is pretty much all the new little baby''s schedule and when you wake up it''s to pop out of bed immediately and see to the baby...
3.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if we''ll end up deilvery day twins KimH? They didn''t tell me how effaced I was at today''s appointment, but I''m 1cm dilated and the head is below spines already. I get little runs of BH contractions in the evenings, then they settle down again. Guess they''re having some effect! The OB said he doubts he''ll be seeing me at the appointment I have scheduled for next Wed. I think DH was ready to flip out when I told him that.
Time for bed! Baked two quiche lorraines tonight to keep on stocking the freezer with ready-made meals. Weren''t half bad.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 5:20:35 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Welcome, Coral! How exciting! Let us know how he reacts
36.gif

DH is very happy
1.gif

He said we should wait until the weekend before telling anyone.

I already have a midwife (yay) who said keep the pregnancy under your hat for as long as you can.

I really want to tell our parents and friends tho.

How long did you ladies wait before spilling the beans??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kimi and DRK~ Good luck, ladies!! It would be fun to have another baby boom this week!

Coral~ Congratulations!! We told everyone pretty much immediately. I found out in Nov and everyone knew by Thanksgiving. I get really sick and they''d have figured it out anyway on Thanksgiving day. It''s really up to you and your DH for when you feel comfortable sharing the news.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
coral - congratulations!! when I first found out I was busting at the seams to tell everyone around me, but knew that I wanted to wait until I was sure this pregnancy sticking around. I find secrets challenging
9.gif
, so we wound up sharing when I was around 10 weeks because it feel on Thanksgiving and we were with our family for the holidays.

mara - thanks for the info. my other question is are bottles other than the ameda brand compatible with the pump in that you can pump right into a bottle without having to transfer (hope that makes sense) and though I seem to be waking up a bunch at night these days, I will be sure to savor that I don''t have to get out of bed
2.gif

snlee - 2 years sounds like pretty perfect spacing. hurray for a strong heartbeat! and hope that you and cara are feeling better asap!

as for the stroller - we went with the uppababy vista. We''ve been doing a lot of research and test driving and this stroller fits best into our lifestyle. DH will likely be taking the little to and fro daycare via a metro on some days so we needed something that was city-friendly and I love how it now has an optional second seat that you can add for another little.
31.gif
yes. thinking ahead. It also includes a bassinet and a lot of accessories that are a la carte on other strollers. I managed to get it for more than $100 off the price with a store coupon combined with a cashback deal. no tax. free shipping. baby bargains would be proud. Another strong contender at a much lower price point was the city jogger mini. It''s a great stroller and I have a great friend that loves it. close call.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Coral! to answer your Q we waited till 10 weeks to tell parents and 13 for friends...6months and change for FB. I am glad we waited, less intrusive questions and more time to adjust to the changes in store.

Lulu, that is an awesome stroller, my sister has it, love it! we got the bumbleride indy, it is so pretty! My MIL is jealous she says, we were all just pushed in fabric umbrella strollers!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
snlee, thanks for asking
1.gif
I''m doing well but the pressure of that big ole noggin on my pubic bone is getting to me! I''m hoping he''s gearing up for for his appearance because I can only do so many handstands at this point, lol. How are you today?

Coral, we waited a few weeks until I had a confirmed blood test and my first midwife appointment - by then I was 8 weeks, I think? I knew at 4 weeks and that extra month waiting to tell my family KILLED me.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coral, we didn''t tell anyone until 12 weeks. That was a REAL challenge but it was kind of fun that it was just between us for a little while.

Kim and DRK, you guys are SO close. I can''t wait to hear your babies'' names and hear your birth stories and see pictures. I''m so excited!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Drk, it would be funny if our kiddos were both born this week. You were ambitious, baking food to freeze. We close escrow on Monday, I''m doing nothing, and I mean nothing. Anyone who saw our house and knew we were having a baby this week would tell us we''re insane.

Coral, we told my parents and a dear family friend (and someone at work out of necessity), we waited until the second trimester to tell anyone else. I''m glad we waited, although it was very hard.

I was going to work today, but was up from 1-6. Had some braxton hicks and just couldn''t sleep. So here I am at home. I''ve been told not to do much more than shower and eat, so packing isn''t an option (working shouldn''t have been either, but I felt desperate to get out of the house). So here I sit. We''re going to dinner with friends tonight, should be nice. My parents are coming Thursday after my NST.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results