Ideal_Rock
ginger-- Congratulations!! So thrilled for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Ginger!

OK, I''m late again to BPF. Never seem to get to it fast enough now that I''m back at work. And sorry for the crap photos - if I don''t take them during daylight, I have trouble getting a decent not-shadowed shot. Oh well, you''ll get the idea. Pics are from 38 weeks (yesterday).

I was having a few more tightenings than usual last night, but no mucus plug or any regularity to them. Guess my uterus is just toning up for the big day. Our basement renos are still ongoing. 4 weeks turned into 5, and I think might finally be done by the end of next week (6 weeks total). Most of the noisy dirty stuff is done though - just painting, finishing the electrical etc left to go. We''ll see if it ends before the baby arrives. We still have masses of organizing and cleaning to do here. Must do a couple loads of laundry today now that DH finally got out of bed. And the whole house needs vacuuming badly - dust bunnies are everywhere.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

38wks.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Drk, you look great!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking good DRK!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys. I''m starting to feel more unwieldy. And the pelvic pressure has definitely started getting a little worse in the last day or so. Not long to go now though. Too bad all I really feel like doing is lying on the couch watcing TV or reading. And eating sweet stuff. I have to stir myself and get our toolboxes organized so we can shift them out to the garage and make a little more room in here.

I think I''m getting a little more irritable - poor DH gets me annoyed just by sleeping in till 10:30am, since I went to bed way earlier than he did and was up before 8am. When he doesn''t remember stuff I said, or is a little too slow on the uptake, it bothers me too. Hopefully I''ll be more patient with our baby!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol drk re: patient with baby. we are in the end of our third week with our creature and he's getting to be more and more of a handful as he continues to 'wake up' and notice the world. wants to sleep less, fuss more, wants to be held more, etc. it def takes patience! last nite the baby was crying after his 1:30am feeding and greg was snoring and i was like OMG why am i the only one not making any noise??? hahaa. my men are driving me crazy! BUT i wouldn't put him back in my belly for anything.

you look great btw, i can totally see baby in there finally!!
3.gif

where are all the BPF's???

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Mara-This happened last night too! He always says I am soooo tired! I am like okay, are you breastfeeding too? Losing sleep is not kewl and not kewl when you are tending to a yelling fussy bebe!
38.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I thought perhaps the horizontal stripes would help achieve a more pregnant look rather than people continually assuming I've just gained weight.
9.gif
I'm a day of shy of 37 weeks.

ETA: That picture is HUGE! Wow.

kha36w6d.JPG

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
ladies, i''d like you to meet our darling little tiger ginger baby -- aiden
30.gif

atl21510.JPG

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
he is a literal carbon copy of hubbs
30.gif
30.gif
even our pediatrician had to comment on it. that''s my fave pic of him, literally thirty seconds after he arrived and they plopped him on my belly...so calm and wide eyed. i, on the other hand was a quivering crying mess
5.gif

things have been tough, but are slowly getting better as hubbs and i feel our way through this whole new world day by day. the exhaustion is crazy, and this is coming from a recently graduated resident with crazy call schedules
3.gif
but the not a single second would i trade any of it for anything.

we are finally getting to the point where bit by bit hubbs and i are trying to fit pieces of our old life back in -- meaning the xbox for him and pricescope for me
9.gif
. i haven''t been able to catch up totally on this thread but just wanted to say:

jcrow - sorry about the GD. it''s tough, and much props to you for attacking it in a positive light. lots of healthy baby and easy sugar control vibes to you!

loving all the belly pics!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
ginger aiden is so precious!! congrats again

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
ginger, Aiden is so adorable!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 4:02:06 PM
Author: gingerB
ladies, i''d like you to meet our darling little tiger ginger baby -- aiden
30.gif
Oh Ginger, Aiden is just the cutest!!!!!
30.gif
12.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
What a cutie Ginger!

Mara - I can see lots of blow-ups at DH in the near future when/if he leaves me to do it all, and continues to stay up late on his computer and then sleep in in the morning. It will not be pretty. The whole patience thing is going to be very very hard for me.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
GingerB
Aiden is so adorable. Congrats again.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, Aidan is just adorable! I love that picture!

Mara, I meant to post a belly pic this week - I just turned 32 weeks and the belly got HUGE - but our camera isn''t working! I''m going to need to pick up a new one this week. Also because my push present arrived early from ID Jewelry, and I can''t wait to post pics of that either (even though I''m not allowed to wear it yet)
emembarrassed.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 4:57:30 PM
Author: vespergirl

Mara, I meant to post a belly pic this week - I just turned 32 weeks and the belly got HUGE - but our camera isn''t working! I''m going to need to pick up a new one this week. Also because my push present arrived early from ID Jewelry, and I can''t wait to post pics of that either (even though I''m not allowed to wear it yet)
emembarrassed.gif
Oh what did you choose Vesper. You must be wanting to wear it so badly. Can I ask how you liked dealing with ID jewelry??
Sorry for the thread jack ladies..
5.gif

Mara, hoping all is going well today. How is the healing going?? Are you pretty much back to normal?? I ask just cause I had C sections, so don''t know how that process goes, down there, lol!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Drk- You look great! So close! I have a feeling your stomach is going right back to normal after that baby pops out!

Ginger- Love the name Aiden, and he is precious!

Kim- You look great! Your legs still look so tiny, I bet that has something to do with it!

Re: The irritability. Mine hasn't been directed at DH (yet...), but at ALL other people, specifically other drivers. My road rage has become attrocious
32.gif
. I joked with DH that I should really just spend the last 2 months in the house, becuase I am so irritable.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
ginger, Aiden is adorbale! I love his name! That''s my son''s middle name, same spelling.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Awweee, Aiden is adorable. Congrats.

KimH, great pic, brave woman wearing the horizontal stripes. Thanks for asking about me, I have been only mildly nauseous lately but near comatose on the energy level. Just got up from a 4 hr nap, and yes I slept a lot last night
2.gif
, I think its my way of hiding out from people and more serious MS. Yesterday I was similarly comatose until I got this burst of energy around 4-7pm, and I spent this morning hoping to get a similar one today for, oh, life maintenance''s sake, but then I remember the fully-caffeinated latte I had around 3:30 yesterday. Oh. Maybe THAT was what caused me to wake up, rather than some evening letup in my hormone drip. But at least I can smile
1.gif

DrK, good luck woman! I can''t believe you are almost there. Tell those contractor''s there''s a baby coming. Well, maybe that''s stupid advice, they probably know already...

snlee, how are you doing? I am also 9 weeks so I think we are close in distance?

Vesper, congrats on your push present. How silly that your hubs wants you to actually *push* before wearing it. Is there an additional carrying present?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 6:18:15 PM
Author: cara
snlee, how are you doing? I am also 9 weeks so I think we are close in distance?
Congrats cara! I'm about 7 weeks. I'll find out exactly how far along I am at my u/s on Monday. Can't wait! Looks like we're about 2 weeks apart! I've been feeling pretty yucky lately, which is why I haven't been posting much. I'm so tired and I have m/s all the time. It's been really hard keeping up with work and my 17 month old. All I want to do is lay in bed and sleep! I'm sick of being sick! I hate the 1st trimester. I know it will be better though. How are you feeling?

Love all the belly pictures! You all look great!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, ginger!! such a precious tiger baby!!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS GINGER! what a beautiful baby!! and i love his name! hope you continue to heal and do well!! i know what you mean about the sleepless nights...NOTHING (not even residency!) can even remotely prepare you for a newborn! :)

JCROW: so sorry to hear your news.
7.gif
hopefully diet and exercise will be all you need!!!

DRK, MERESAL, KIM: great belly pics!

SNLEE, CARA: hope you guys are feeling better soon. thankfully, my m/s seems to have disappeared (or significantly reduced) in the past couple of weeks. I''ll be 13 wks on tuesday, and it seems to have gotten better around 10 or 11 weeks or so... i still intermittenly have feel nauseated, but NOTHING like before. and thank goodness, b/c it didn''t disappear until like 14 weeks with coby!!

not much else to report on my end. i have my NT u/s on monday and can''t wait!!!

xo,LIA

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats GingerB
36.gif
he''s beautiful, love the name Aiden too
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats Ginger, he is sooo cute. i love that your hand is in the photo. isn''t the first ''lay them on you photo'' the best?? J was totally looking at us all quiet too.

so i posted about this in the newborn thread originally but just for anyone looking at breast pumps... i got the Ameda Purely Yours because our hospital rents the Ameda Elite so we are used to it. i like the closed system meaning your milk can''t get out and into the tubes so you don''t have to clean or sterilize them (Medela is not a closed system) and it''s FDA approved and can be ''passed on'' safely to other people because of this closed system. i found it on diapers.com for $149 without the tote (umm i have lots of purses i can use!) and the extra cooler with bottles (we already use avent storage bottles and you can get a cooler tote for like $10 at target, the same pump with the tote and cooler and storage bottles is $199. anyway, it arrived next day for free ship and i am just finally using it now. i really like it...the suction is strong, same as the hospital one seemingly in terms of how high i put the setting. also you can modify cycles, aka how often the pull is. it''s super easy to use and the unit itself is tiny (less than 1lb). the only downer, which might just take some getting used to is that there is a continuous beep along with the pumping motion (typical). i don''t love the beep but i guess you prob just get used to it. i do love that it was basically $100 less than PIS, and it''s closed system and easy to use. so for anyone considering the PIS...i am really happy with this for the price and also our LC recommended it (her hub used to work for Ameda and apparently it''s owned by the same family company as Medela so she said the quality is comparable).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, that is one gorgeous baby!

Thanks for the compliments.

We went to CPR/Infant Child Safety class today and I highly recommend taking the time to attend a similar class. It was well worth the time. Lots of good information.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 6:14:21 PM
Author: KimberlyH

We went to CPR/Infant Child Safety class today and I highly recommend taking the time to attend a similar class. It was well worth the time. Lots of good information.

good to know. we''re planning on taking one as well. it''s not taught through the hospital like our other classes, but our teacher for our child birth classes had a recommendation on someone who teaches infant cpr class. hubs is certified in cpr, but i still think we should take an infant cpr class.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 6:24:41 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 2/21/2010 6:14:21 PM
Author: KimberlyH

good to know. we''re planning on taking one as well. it''s not taught through the hospital like our other classes, but our teacher for our child birth classes had a recommendation on someone who teaches infant cpr class. hubs is certified in cpr, but i still think we should take an infant cpr class.
I walked away from this class with new knowledge about infant/child CPR and just some general safety stuff that I might not have thought of otherwise. It was definitely worth our time; I didn''t feel this way about the CBE or breastfeeding classes (my husband was glad to have attended the CBE class, though, so that made it worthwhile).

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 5:04:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 2/20/2010 4:57:30 PM

emembarrassed.gif
Oh what did you choose Vesper. You must be wanting to wear it so badly. Can I ask how you liked dealing with ID jewelry??
5.gif

Mara, hoping all is going well today. How is the healing going?? Are you pretty much back to normal?? I ask just cause I had C sections, so don''t know how that process goes, down there, lol!!!
Hi Kaleigh, since our baby is due in April, his birthstone will be diamond (my DH likes the push present to be the baby''s birthstone) but I already have tons of diamond stuff, so I chose a diamond & blue sapphire band to symbolize that we''re having another boy. The stones go 3/4 way around the band, and it''s gorgeous. The only problem is that it''s a little tight, so I''m going to need to have it sized either 1/4 or 1/2 size up. At first I thought that maybe my fingers were just swollen, but all my other rings still fit, so I think it definitely needs to be sized up.

Yekutiel has been wonderful to work with. In fact, the reason that we ordered it so early was because he thought it would take up to 6 weeks, but it came less than 2 weeks after we placed the order! So, I will have time to have it sized before we actually have the baby :)

Here''s a pic:

idjring12.jpg

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 9:47:37 PM

Date: 2/20/2010 5:04:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh

5.gif
Hi Kaleigh, since our baby is due in April, his birthstone will be diamond (my DH likes the push present to be the baby''s birthstone) but I already have tons of diamond stuff, so I chose a diamond & blue sapphire band to symbolize that we''re having another boy. The stones go 3/4 way around the band, and it''s gorgeous. The only problem is that it''s a little tight, so I''m going to need to have it sized either 1/4 or 1/2 size up. At first I thought that maybe my fingers were just swollen, but all my other rings still fit, so I think it definitely needs to be sized up.

Yekutiel has been wonderful to work with. In fact, the reason that we ordered it so early was because he thought it would take up to 6 weeks, but it came less than 2 weeks after we placed the order! So, I will have time to have it sized before we actually have the baby :)

Here''s a pic:
sorry to continue the thread jack but vesper that is GORGEOUS! wonder if i could talk hubbs into wrapping his mind around the concept of a push present
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results