carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 2:14:30 PM
Author: EBree
Hey lili! Have you found out what you're having yet, or are you going to be another in the surprise camp?

I'm still on the fence about it. I guess if it was just me having the baby, I'd probably hold out until delivery.
Since it is DH's baby too
41.gif
and he's the type of person who likes to be prepared. We'll see. I guess
we'll make that decision when we get the call for the amnio result next week or when we go in for our sonogram on Tuesday.
Let's see if I cave.

How's the prenatal vitamin your doctor prescribed for you working for you?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh ooh...I think if you don''t go in with a will of steel, you''re going to cave. Decide beforehand, tell the sonogram tech and don''t look back if that''s what you decide. I almost wanted to cave even though we were sure we didn''t want to know. It''s tough when the carrot (so to speak) is dangled in front of you. Eeeee!

regalada

Shiny_Rock
mrssalvo, thanks for your reply. I will stop with the temps but will do one more test tomorrow. My tests have not been dark enough yet, so I want to see a dark one before I stop :).

travelingal, I''ll do my best to relax. I''ve never been good at that so we''ll see. It''s weird to think that something so amazing only requires me to relax, eat well, take my vitamins, and sleep. It will take some getting used to that idea!

Tacori, thanks for taking the time to write with you being busy waiting for your delivery and all :). I wish you a happy and safe delivery
1.gif
. You must be so excited!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Regalada,
Congrats and lots of sticky baby dust to you.
Like others have said, there is nothing you can do to stop a MC from happening.
All''s you can do is eat healthy and relax -- just basically provide a safe place for your baby to its thing.

Regarding the first appointment. Different doctors and hospital handle it differently.
Most doctors will not see you until you are at least 8 weeks along.
If you happen to be with Kaiser, which I am, you can set up a prenatal class with them as early as 6 wks.
They will ask you to go into the lab and take a urine test to verify that you are indeed pregnant.
At the 1 1/2 hour prenatal class, they''ll go over the pertinent do''s and don''ts while you are pregnant, go over you and your spouse history, then ordered
a bunch of blood work to check for your immunities, iron level, blood type, etc, and set up your initial visit with the OB/GYN.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 2:29:12 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Ooh ooh...I think if you don''t go in with a will of steel, you''re going to cave. Decide beforehand, tell the sonogram tech and don''t look back if that''s what you decide. I almost wanted to cave even though we were sure we didn''t want to know. It''s tough when the carrot (so to speak) is dangled in front of you. Eeeee!

Will do. I was actually planning on asking the technician to just write down the sex in an envelop for me and sealed it.
Then I''ll take it home and decide later if I could trust DH to keep it to himself. He''s more the one who''s more likely to cave
since he''s the type of person who likes to be prepared.

So where are the u/s pictures of Ttot?

Hehe, I kept picturing this dancing baby from Ally McBeal whenever anyone mentions anything about baby dancing up a storm in the belly.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 2:53:19 PM
Author: regalada
mrssalvo, thanks for your reply. I will stop with the temps but will do one more test tomorrow. My tests have not been dark enough yet, so I want to see a dark one before I stop :).

girl, i''ve got a 5 year and 3 year *faint* lines running around me right now...lol..seriously, the color doesn''t matter, you either have the pregnancy hormone if you''re pregnant which is any color line, or you don''t have the hormone, not preggo, no line. if it makes you feel better, by all means take another one but light line still equal''s pregnant
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:07:27 PM
Author: lili

Will do. I was actually planning on asking the technician to just write down the sex in an envelop for me and sealed it.
Then I'll take it home and decide later if I could trust DH to keep it to himself. He's more the one who's more likely to cave
since he's the type of person who likes to be prepared.

So where are the u/s pictures of Ttot?

Hehe, I kept picturing this dancing baby from Ally McBeal whenever anyone mentions anything about baby dancing up a storm in the belly.
I can't post them. They're too scary. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with skeletor. I'm posting him/her on my door tonight to scare the trick or treaters away.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:13:44 PM
Author: TravelingGal

I can''t post them. They''re too scary. I''m having a hard time coming to terms with skeletor. I''m posting him/her on my door tonight to scare the trick or treaters away.
OMG, that just made me snort with laughter! We''re in the opposite mindset right now -- we were saying that we''re going to need to take TorTers names, addresses, and ages so we can have a list of people to babysit for us in a few years!

MfrsS, are your faint lines dressing up for Halloween tonight?
2.gif

Regalada, I think the second line is almost always pretty faint. Hubby was also in the "I don''t know ... I think I see it but I''m not sure" denial camp even though it was SO obvious to me that there was a second line there! We took a digital photo of our tests and looked at it on the computer and there was NO DOUBT when we did that that the 2nd line was there! I think the directions even say something about the line being faint, don''t they?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I miss you guys lots...we should start another thread...

New PS mommies, or PS mommies (open to all the ps-ers of course...whether or not they have babies, like this thread is)

whatcha all think?

Kaleigh: I guess you can''t see it well in that pic, but Jake is a fireman & Delaney is a dalmation(she looks more like a ball there....lol)...how are you?

Mrs. S: we are going trick or treating. my mom''s club hosts a huge party at the local firehouse (great for Jake''s costume this year) and then we are meeting our good friends (our sons are bff''s) to take the boys trick or treating in the ''hood. Jake got into it last year, knocking on doors & saying "tickoteet!" so he''s excited. He''s gotten to wear his costume to 2 other moms'' club events, so he''s been carrying around his pumpkin basket and saying trick or treat.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, you and your kiddos are adorable!!! Fun Halloween costumes!!! I think it is so cute when baby''s are dressed up too!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I feel so bad for your pain right now. I was achin'' and whinin'' and cryin'' my last few weeks. My dh said everyone in the town we live in was commenting on how I looked like I was extremely uncomfortable. Ummm thanks... I remember one night I had such a bad BH, and had to pee, but I was laying on my sofa, DH tried to pull me up and I just froze in pain & couldn''t walk. It was a riot. Ok, well not funny then. But I am STILL thrilled that I lay down in bed & it actually feels good again. So just know, you are going to feel GREAT sooner than you think. Hang in there, it sucks right now & you are doing great!

Tgal: Bundy...lol....I have found myself laying like that lately in my bed. hardeeharhar... Oh well. How are you feeling?

Ella: how are those twins?

Rebot: welcome back hon! How are you feeling?

Regalada: congratulations! I hear you on pregnancy fears, I was terrified through both of mine. And as soon as the miscarriage fears subsided, I found new things to worry about. Then when the baby gets here you worry about SIDS....then as they get older you worry about kidnappings, accidents, illnesses, and then they get their driver''s licenses
6.gif
. LOL. Welcome to the Olympics of Worrying: Motherhood, you''re gonna love it!!!!!
9.gif
The good news is, most pregnancies progress just fine with no problems...

Ok...that''s it from here! I need to do some laundry...ahhh laundry.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 2:24:47 PM
Author: lili
Date: 10/31/2007 2:14:30 PM

Author: EBree

Hey lili! Have you found out what you're having yet, or are you going to be another in the surprise camp?

I'm still on the fence about it. I guess if it was just me having the baby, I'd probably hold out until delivery.

Since it is DH's baby too
41.gif
and he's the type of person who likes to be prepared. We'll see. I guess

we'll make that decision when we get the call for the amnio result next week or when we go in for our sonogram on Tuesday.

Let's see if I cave.

How's the prenatal vitamin your doctor prescribed for you working for you?

I really like it, thanks for asking! It tastes like those Flintstone vitamins you can buy for kids.

It might be a cute idea to have the doc write the baby's sex on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and open it Christmas morning. I heard about a couple doing that a while ago and thought it was SO cute!

When I'm pregnant, I'm going to want to know the sex as early as possible.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Double post.
41.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
my fireman & dalmation (i didn''t put delaney''s hat on till we got to the parade)

P1020307abc.JPG

snlee

Ideal_Rock
EBree, I want to find out the sex too ASAP! Although, my friends recently thought they were having a girl and had a boy. This also happened to someone else I know. If it was between knowing the wrong sex or not knowing at all, I wouldn't want to know! I don't know why, but I was surprised that my mom didn't know what she was having through both pregnancies. She didn't want to know and thinks that you only have a few surprises in life, so why not make this a surprise? Maybe I'll change my mind, but as of right now, I would want to know!

diver, your Halloween pictures are so cute!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Awe Diver your kids are cute!

Tacori, getting closer & closer....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, best of luck to you, sweetie! You are going to do fabulously!!!! It won't be long now!!
36.gif

Diver-Jake and Delaney are beyond adorable!!! Glad to see that you are all doing well! Happy Halloween!!!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, your kids are so cute! I love how their outfits go together. I felt okay until around 37 weeks. These last four just plain hurt. My belly is SO stretched and huge. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable it must be when baby drops. I am guessing I will not experience that this time around. People are telling me I look great but I don''t feel it
5.gif

We only had maybe 10 trick or treaters. Oh well. They were cute (for the most part
2.gif
) I am counting down the days. So soon! Hope everyone''s halloweens went well. Enjoy the left over candy
18.gif

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just thought I''d introduce myself. I have a little girl, Penny, who was born in January this year. And I''m pregnant again!!! Before anyone asks, yes, we know what causes it!

Penny will be 17 months old when her little brother or sister arrives, all going to plan of course.

I''m about 7 weeks now. Penny has been a little angel since conception, never giving Mummy any grief during pregnancy and sleeping through since she was a couple of weeks old. This one, however, is giving me a bit of nausea. wonder if this means a boy??

Look forward to hearing all about your journies.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the group Shelly!!! Your daughter is precious. You are a strong woman to be preggo and take care of a baby at the same time. Bravo to you!

Diver--your kids are adorable--esp. love the cozy Dalmatian suit! i am thinking of checking out baby-gap this weekend to see if i can pick up something like that on sale for next year.
Had a friend visit me with her 5 month old last night--he was dressed in a monkey suit and looked as precious as can be. When I see babies now i just can''t WAIT for march to come around. In some ways the past (almost) 5 months have gone by quickly but right now March seems like an eternity away! DH is going nuts as well he talks of nothing but baby--i am prepping myself for that last month when everyone says the wait is excruciating (Tacori, you’re living it right now, eh ;-)

I burnt my arm last night--I was making butternut squash soup for dinner and put some in the blender to puree--must not have had the lid on properly and it went flying all over! It had cooled a bit before so I am shocked at how much damage it did--i have about a dozen little burns in the inside of one arm and a couple have started to blister--urgh. I laid in bed last night, my belly, boobs and right arm exposed to the world, slathered in vitamin-e oil--what a sight I must have been.

5.gif

Wondering if any of you guys deal with eczema?? Mine has been awful since preggo--i have a prescription cream (it is the only thing that works for my hands) but have been using it sparingly b/c i worry about applying any sort of powerful cream/drug while pregnant--problem is, now my breasts (around nipples) are drying out and cracking. It is SO itchy and uncomfortable. I tried using Lanisohl to moisturize but like all my other eczema spots--non-prescription creams just eventually worsen the problem. Anyone dealt with this and have any suggestions? I am just so worried that once i start to breast feed I''ll be a mess. i am hoping to clear it up now if possible.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all and welcome shelly
35.gif

so, we''ve had a crazy couple of days with all the halloween stuff going on. i''m glad it''s over, i''m wiped out. but it was fun. here is a pic of my crew.

halloweekpsul.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i thought this was a cool picture of my favorite little witch!!

wickedwitchhall7.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a solo pic of my little cowgirl..

littlecowgirlhall7.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Shelly -- and congrats!!! Are you going to find out if the new baby is a boy or girl when possible?

Jas, burns are the worst!! I'm always amazed at how painful a little tiny burn can be -- I can't even imagine how excruciating it must be to have all those little blisters
39.gif
Vitamin E is the best thing for them though, I think, so you're probably doing all you can. May be worth it to call the dr. though to see if there's anything else they recommend. So sorry you're in so much pain.

I've never had eczema, but I've noticed too that my nipples are getting kind of dry and flaky, and I've been a little nervous too about how bad breastfeeding may be if this is happening already! I've heard great things about Lanisoh, so I guess I should try it now before it gets worse. If I were you, I'd just check with the OB about what creams you can use while you're pregnant so you can hopefully get some comfort!

Tacori, we got NO trick-or-treaters!! Well, no, we did get one group, but they were teenagers so that doesn't count. I didn't get to see one little cutepie baby or toddler dressed up. I was SO bummed! I thought for sure we'd get some -- I mean, we live in the suburbs now for crying out loud! But nada. I think the town had some type of thing a few days beforehand where the kids could go to the stores on Main Street and go trick-or-treating, but still -- no one takes their kids out to houses anymore? How sad.

ETA: MrsS, you were posting the same time I did so I didn't see your photos till after I submitted. What cuties!!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--you have a BEAUTIFUL family!

Ella--you are right, it is sad that kids don''t come around to homes as much. I once heard talk of having kids trick or treat at a mall--eek how awful. I love community spirit and it would be depressing to move Halloween events into a commerical venue--it''s already commercial enough.
We only had 6 kids come by and we live on a busy street and had 4 pumpkins carved, candles lit etc. boo.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Shelly, welcome and congratulations!!!! My baby will be 6 months old on Monday and I''m already dying to have another one! I totally envy you and am excited to go through your pregnancy with you!!

mrssalvo, what a gorgeous family! Love your kiddos halloween photos--too cute!

Diver, Jake and Delaney look so precious!!!!

Tacori, how are you doing? Are you all finished nesting? I''m sooooo excited for you!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Now that a few of us have been posting on the "babies over 35" thread, I''m curious about all our ages because I think that a pretty big group of us are over 35 (or at least over 30), right?

I''m 36, got pregnant at 35. I know that Diver, Curly, TGal, and I were all 35+ when we got pregnant -- MrsS I think is 33 or 34? What about Tacori, lili, Rebot, Bobo, and MommaBear? And njc, you too if you''re still lurking around (which I hope you are b/c, woman, we need some photos!)
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks curly and jas, i think they are all pretty cute too
16.gif

ella, i was 34 when i got pregnant but am now 35 so that moves me into the higher risk group.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ella--I am 28 (will be 29 when baby arrives)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, I don't think I ever really nested. Haha. My house is such a mess! Just waiting to go to the hospital tomorrow night. Hope they don't decide to turn me away
39.gif
By Sunday at the latest I should be holding my baby!!! Lily is such a sweetie. Are you going to TTC again soon?

Penny, welcome. Please let us know the EDD (if you know it). From what I heard every pregnancy is different so I don't think you can tell the sex by your symptoms. I cannot imagine being preggo with a baby.
23.gif
But I had a rough start with my pregnancy (and a rough ending) Oh well!

MrsS, your girls are SOOOO cute! Hope your halloween was fun.

Ella, what a disappointment! We live in a sub division so I expected more kiddies. DH already told me to hide the extra candy from him. Too much temptation. Maybe I will bring it to the hospital with me for the nurses.

Jas, yes the last month is the worst (for me). The wait is so hard plus the added physical discomfort. Talk to your doc before you use any skin meds. Many are unsafe during pregnancy. I got acne but didn't use anything (too nervous). I am planning a trip to the derm. after I deliever. Remember those tabloid pics of katie holmes where it looked like she had a beach ball under her shirt (really unnatural)???? That is how I feel. My belly is SOOOO round like a big ball just stuck under there.

TGal, how exciting you can feel the baby externally. Don't worry the movements will move up (so you won't ALWAYS be sticking your hand down your pants). I asked my mom if she remembered any painful kicks. She said no. But her babies were smaller than mine seems to be. Last night they almost brought tears to my eyes. Ouch! Baby T is strong!!!

ETA: Ella, I guess I am the baby in the group. I just turned 27 this summer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results