shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Yay Tacori! It''s also great that you''ll have both sets of grandparents there! By the way, my husband says that you must be having a girl since they always take forever to get ready for things. Says the man who was born 2 weeks late.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 5:33:36 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I love you guys! Baby T and I feel so loved. I have an induction date!!!! I am going to be induced this Sat. which means I will go to the hospital Friday night. I love my doc
1.gif
he''s on call this weekend and called the hospital to make sure I could do it on the weekend. The end is near. He HIGHLY doubts I will go before them. I am only *maybe* fingertip diulated. My body just needs some help. They did a non-stress test. I was hooked up to the heart moniter for 1/2 an hour. I am glad my mom was with me so I had someone to talk with (to pass the time). Also they did an u/s. Baby is not stressed and there is plenty of fluid. He walked me through the process. Plus now my inlaws are coming for the birth since it hits the weekend. My mom is changing her flight and staying an extra week and I am a happy lady!
9.gif
So now I just have a few more days of pain and discomfort. By Sunday I will be holding my baby!!!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes. Sorry I don''t have time to respond to everyone. I hope all the pregnancies are going well. I''ll be on later.
Now, now, that''s no way to talk about your last days of peace and quiet!
9.gif
2.gif

Yay!!!!! I''m so happy for you Tacori.
36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 5:33:36 PM
I love you guys! Baby T and I feel so loved. I have an induction date!!!! I am going to be induced this Sat. which means I will go to the hospital Friday night. I love my doc
1.gif
he''s on call this weekend and called the hospital to make sure I could do it on the weekend. The end is near. He HIGHLY doubts I will go before them. I am only *maybe* fingertip diulated. My body just needs some help. They did a non-stress test. I was hooked up to the heart moniter for 1/2 an hour. I am glad my mom was with me so I had someone to talk with (to pass the time). Also they did an u/s. Baby is not stressed and there is plenty of fluid. He walked me through the process. Plus now my inlaws are coming for the birth since it hits the weekend. My mom is changing her flight and staying an extra week and I am a happy lady!
9.gif
So now I just have a few more days of pain and discomfort. By Sunday I will be holding my baby!!!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes. Sorry I don''t have time to respond to everyone. I hope all the pregnancies are going well. I''ll be on later.

That''s great Tacori!! Good news all around--the end is just a few days away, you get a november baby, and your mom by your side.
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so glad that your mom is able to extend her trip and stay longer. Oh, yay for her being able to get a glimpse of the baby. I was hoping that the doctor would do a u/s so your mom can see. So did she get teary eyed?
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that is great news tacori...so only 3 more sleeps in your own bed b/f the arrival of baby T (if not sooner
2.gif
) so glad your mom is staying too!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Tacori!!!!!! At least now you have a real date to look forward to!!!! So excited for you, can''t wait to hear all about it!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Tacori -- YAAAYYY!!!!
36.gif
November 3 is a great birthday
36.gif
I''m so excited for you!!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, Baby seems to be happy in there and my body seems to be doing a good job taking care of it. I wonder just how long it would take if I wasn''t going to be induced (not enough to wait it out though!)

Ebree, I will update ASAP but it would probably be sunday at the earliest. They are starting the labor around 8 am so it *could* happen in the wee hours of sunday morning but I am hoping my labor won''t take THAT long. My friend who was induced had a 12 hour labor which sounds good to me. I can''t wait to meet baby T either. Feels so surreal.

Snlee, I am SOOOO glad the doc I wanted is on call this weekend so he will deliver my baby. My dad won''t be there (he has to work so he''ll be with OTHER birthing women) but the other three will. That''s good enough.

Skippy, isn''t it great it is a sticky?!? I think I would be going crazy if my mom wasn''t here. She has a calming effect on me.

Blen, well I was 3 weeks early and DH was a few days late. I am SOOO glad they aren''t making me wait until the 42 week mark. I would cry.

Ellen, I should clarify, physical pain. This last month has taken its toll on my body in many ways.
8.gif
BUT baby is worth it. Since there is really no chance of me going before Sat my mom and I are trying to think of fun things to do.

Lili, she didn''t. I think b/c she was concentrating so hard on what we were looking at b/c she has been known to cry at commercials. We couldn''t get a head view (since the head is down and low) but she liked seeing its ribs, we saw the beating heart, and its little hand. She was excited and obviously liked listening to the HB. We even found a decent one way ticket back for Nov 11 (under $100!!!!) So everything is working out.

MrsS, I would be SHOCKED if it happened before but I guess you never know. Luckily they will give me a sleeping pill on friday night b/c I know on my own I would NEVER be able to fall asleep on my own. I am going to be WAY too excited.

Curly, it is amazing how having a date just calms you right down! I am so relieved.

Ella, I just keeping maybe I should change my mind from a sapphire ring to a golden citrine in YG
18.gif
What a problem to have
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori:

Congrats! I keep checking on you too! Good luck on Saturday. Hey, did you remember how I was talking about not getting induced with Misoprostal (cytotec) as a cervical ripener? And remember Dani coming on and saying her hospital discontinued using it 8 years ago? Risks of uterine rupture very dangerous. Its not an obstetrical drug, its used offlabel (its an ulcer drug i believe) but its cheap & fast so its popular in induction procedures. You might want to request Cervidil or Prepadil as a cervical ripener if you need that. (I didn''t with either, I was dilated enough for just Pitocin and having my water broken). You can do a google search on misoprostal to get informed, but its really not a safe drug.

Other than that, I LOVED being induced. I didn''t find htat hte Pitocin made my contractions bad at all than before I got it. Both times I labored for quite awhile after getting the pitocin and it was just a steady increase in intensity---not bad at all...

Good luck on Saturday, I''ll be thinking of you!!! I hope you have a wonderful labor & delivery. Just try to remember, birth is an amazing, exciting, experience. The pain has a purpose & its a productive pain, so don''t be afraid of it. If it hurts more than you feel comfortable tolerating---epidurals are wonderful. If your epidural doesn''t take right, tell someone, they can adjust it until it does, don''t think you have to suffer silently. And breathe...breathe through each contraction and remember your baby is almost there. You will be in good hands & the moment you are handed your child, well....there aren''t words for it. (at least none I can think of) I''m soooo excited for you. I''m sitting here kissing my Delaney and snuggling her cute little head and lemme tell ya....its HEAVEN!

I cannot wait to hear if its a boy or girl....I think girl, because you were on the citrus train with me in the beginning. Heck, I''m off to start a poll. LOL.

Ok...

Had my 6wk post partum appt today, my pap didn''t hurt, surprisingly! Wow. I mean, the metal thingie never feels good...but oh well. You think they could make it out of something nicer? Like microfiber, or fur, or silk. LOL....

My girl isn''t sleeping much more yet...4 to 5 hours at a stretch. Yawn....
24.gif
Jake was 8 weeks when he started sleeping 8 hours...I''m not holding my breath, but she only wakes up for hunger, so I''m hoping as she gets bigger & her tummy gets bigger, she''ll sleep longer. Its not like she''s waking up and getting upset for no reason, which is good. They say they sleep thru the night around 12 to 15lbs....Jake did at 9lbs, but Jake was weird. Still is. LOL.

She is awfully cute and I can hardly stand it. Here is our Halloween pic from this weekend....Delaney is a dalmation... Jake is my fireman...and yes, that is faux fur on my vest....lol. (Old Navy only makes polyester fur..)

Later gators!!

P1020311.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 5:29:30 PM
Author: EBree
Fingers crossed the doc can give you some answers, Tacori! It''s funny, I check this thread like, 5 times a day to see if baby Tacori is on his/her way out.

*labor dust*
9.gif

hehe- me too!

clammer

Shiny_Rock
hello all. I popped in a while back, but everyone was so excited to be a new mommy and I really wasn’t feeling it at the time. I was happy, but I was also terrified of all the changes that were going to happen in our life. Fast forward until my last doctor’s appt. It was a fast, in and out, listen to the heartbeat, draw some blood, push on my belly, but that did it. I realized that we are having a baby. Now I feel like I’m so behind with researching and getting things done so any websites would be appreciated.

Just want to send a big fat congrats to everyone that is expecting.

Tacori – Congrats. It looks like you will have a citrine baby after all.

TGal – I now your worries about traveling to Oz. Last Christmas I sat at home on Christmas day while dh was at work since it isn’t celebrated here in China. When dh got home I told him that this year we would be going home. So I have a 16 hour flight over Christmas. After a lot of soul searching, we decided that I would come home to give birth so that’s another 16 hour flight at the end of February or beginning of March. Dh is coming home for the birth but he will probably have to come back before baby so I will have to travel back alone with the baby so I’m slightly nervous about the whole thing. After reading the last few pages, I’m super bummed about the exit row but I bet everyone is right. I don’t need the extra legroom, but I like not having someone’s head a foot from my head for 16 hours.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diver. I am pretty sure they are using Cervidil. I know it started with a "C". He said it is in a flat, tampon and I will get Friday night (sleep in it). I obviously need something since nothing is happening down there. Love the halloween pic! So cute! I can''t wait to find out either. I still think it is a girl but as I get closer I wonder a little.

By the way, I know it can be a lb off either way but the doc guessed the baby is around 7.5 lbs. Sounds perfect to me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG- you are cute. Thank you.

Rebot, citrines sure are pretty.
30.gif
Sounds like you are doing well!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diver--
That picture is too cute
30.gif

I see Jakey is taking his monkey trick-or-treating as well.
You were not kidding about Jakey taking him everywhere
1.gif

Rebot--
Sounds like you are doing well. So have you been doing your doctor''s appt. in China?
Anyway, some of the recommended websites that offered good info are:
babycenter.com
whattoexpect.com
(i also peruse womenshealthcaretopics.com)
Hope those help.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robot, if you haven''t signed up at babycenter.com, i''d go there. it''s a great resource, you can enter in your due date and get weekly emails detailing what''s going on in your body along with the baby''s growth and development.

diver, love the pic of you, delaney and jake. are you guys trick or treating tomorrow night?

tacori, i''m so excited for you. now that there is a definite end in sight i hope the time flies for you. I can''t believe in just a few short days you will be cuddling your own precious little on.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
Well, here I am. I just found out I''m pregnant yesterday, so this is my first post. DH and I are still a bit shocked but thrilled!

I have read this thread as we were TTCing and learned a lot, and dreamed about the day when I could post. I''m just realizing that I did not research pregnancy as well as I researched trying to get pregnant, so now I have to catch up quickly and have tons of questions.

My first question is about the first appointment with the ob/gyn. I''ve been told that the doctor doesn''t necessarily do a blood test. If so, can I wait a week to go see the doctor? Does it matter if I don''t go right away?

My other question is, how do I stop worrying that the baby will not stick? I''m worried since I''ve never been pregnant before and I''m a control freak and feel like maybe there is something I should be doing to make sure it''s fine. Should I just assume that the pregnancy will go fine, stop taking my temperature and taking pregnancy tests every morning? It''s so hard not to worry!

Hope I''m making sense.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 9:18:18 AM
Author: regalada

My first question is about the first appointment with the ob/gyn. I''ve been told that the doctor doesn''t necessarily do a blood test. If so, can I wait a week to go see the doctor? Does it matter if I don''t go right away?

My other question is, how do I stop worrying that the baby will not stick? I''m worried since I''ve never been pregnant before and I''m a control freak and feel like maybe there is something I should be doing to make sure it''s fine. Should I just assume that the pregnancy will go fine, stop taking my temperature and taking pregnancy tests every morning? It''s so hard not to worry!

First off, Congratulations...

Depending on your OB, many don''t do the first appt. until you are 8-12 weeks. I''d just call your office, tell them you took a home test that is positive and the receptionist will probably ask the date of your last period and tell you when you need to come in. I personally wouldn''t bother with going in just for them to run a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. those little home test are pretty darn accurate
2.gif

as for the worrying, it''s somewhat normal, especially in the early weeks but you just have to accept there is nothing you can do to prevent it from happening. it''s all determined inside your body so worrying doesn''t really do a bit of good. the best thing you can do is make sure you take your prenatal''s. no need to continue taking your temp or any more pregnancy tests either. Just try to relax and enjoy where you are today. if something happens, then you can deal with that then.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Yay Tacori--When I read "by sunday i will be holding my baby" it made me tear up!!! It must be surreal that your pregnancy is soon coming to an end and you''ll be a proud mommy in a few short days..

Good luck on saturday (maybe you''ll go before then--you never know!)

***HAPPY HALLOWEEN***
to all the moms and moms to be--I think we all deserve a couple mini chocolate bars today
3.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:04:05 AM
Author: Jas12
Yay Tacori--When I read ''by sunday i will be holding my baby'' it made me tear up!!! It must be surreal that your pregnancy is soon coming to an end and you''ll be a proud mommy in a few short days..

Good luck on saturday (maybe you''ll go before then--you never know!)

***HAPPY HALLOWEEN***
to all the moms and moms to be--I think we all deserve a couple mini chocolate bars today
3.gif
Ha ha, Jas - I already ate one peanut butter cup, and it''s only 10 am!
21.gif

Congrats Regalada! Yep, I agree with MrsS on everything she said: just call your doctor, tell them you took a test, and make an appt for as soon as they''ll see you -- which very likely won''t be till you''re 10 weeks along. My OB''s office doesn''t do blood tests, I had to see my primary care for that. The first trimester can be very frustrating b/c you''re a nervous wreck the whole time, waiting for your appt. to arrive already!! In the meantime, just take your vitamins, eat healthy, and assume that you''re doing a good job growing that baby in you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe, love the pic Diver!!!

Tacori, new day, so I gotta say I''m thinking ''bout cha again!

Jas, chocolate...mmmmmm....yes!

Rebot welcome back! And wow...16 hour flight...where''s home from China?

Regalada, the biggest thing that helped me not stress in the first trimester was the simple fact that I feel that stress can''t be good for the body or the baby. It''s not scientific, I know. But I felt being happy and just doing what I needed to do was the best way to make the baby stick.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regalada, the worry of a M/C was ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I think you become a mother the day you see that second line and therefore the worrying begins. Taking HPTs will not do anything since you can still get a positive while you are M/C (takes awhile for the hormones to leave your body) BUT obviously you would have symptoms, BAD cramping, bleeding, etc...You just need to try not to think about it. Stay positive. Enjoy this time! Like MrsS said there is NOTHING you can do to prevent a M/C. It simply means the baby was not healthy. Nature is very smart that way. Meanwhile this thread is so wonderful and I am sure you will find all the support and comfort you need!

I did have a blood test but you are right they are not routine. I just found out SO early (3 weeks) it was the only way they could confirm my pregnancy. I tested on a Saturday and went the doc that Monday.

Jas, chances are I will not go early but when I woke up this morning I played MrsS''s game and thought "only 2 more nights of sleep at home before I go to the hospital." I can''t believe the end is SO near! Happy Halloween to you too!

TGal, baby still cooking. What can I say? I have a VERY comfortable womb!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 8:34:16 PM
Ellen, I should clarify, physical pain. This last month has taken its toll on my body in many ways.
8.gif
BUT baby is worth it. Since there is really no chance of me going before Sat my mom and I are trying to think of fun things to do.
Aw, I''m sorry.

Hang in there, it''s almost over!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Diver, that photo is adorable! I wish we could see Delaney and Jake''s cutiepie faces more close-up though!

Tacori, how is DH doing this week? Is he calm? Freaking? TWO more nights to go till the excitement begins!!

yahoo_ts.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, love the pic!!! I bet Jake is excited for Halloween. What is he going to be, and are you dressing up Delaney??

Tacori, is your bag packed?? You must be soooooo excited.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ella, love your celebrating emoticon (if that''s what you call them)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Lili! I stole it from my twins forum -- there''s lots of cute ones there that make me laugh.

Tacori, as excited as I am for you to have your baby, I gotta say, I''m gonna miss you! With you and Diver gone, I think I''m the next regular (and by regular, I mean obsessive) poster on this thread to be a mom! Holy cow!!

Jas, you asked the other day about whether both babies are active at the same time or I can tell which one is doing what. It depends. Sometimes it''s really obvious -- like when my belly is totally lopsided because Baby Girl is curling up and doing things on my right side while Baby Boy is kind of chilling out lengthwise so my left side is "flat"! It''s really funny! Also, he seems to be getting the hiccups lately, but I don''t feel them on the right side so I don''t think she''s getting them. Other times though, I don''t know who''s doing what inside of there! My next u/s is next Wed., so I''m really looking forward to seeing how they''re lying in there these days and where all those feet and hands and bums are
9.gif

Rebot, welcome back! It''s surreal when you actually realize that yes, you''re pregnant, isn''t it? It''s pretty abstract at first until you hear the heartbeat or see an u/s. Then it''s 100% real!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, its ok, the back pain, belly pain (so tender!), heartburn, etc...is almost over. These last 3 weeks has intensified, If you saw how HUGE my belly is you''d understand!

Ella, DH is really excited. He is excited I am being induced b/c it makes it less stressful. Ella I will miss you guys too. I''ll try to make time though!

Lisa, bags are packed.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Tacori, TTot is excited for you. I first started feeling it substantially when my friend went into labor about a week and a half ago. After she had her baby I felt nothing for days. This is now my third day straight where it''s been going nuts, so it must know I''m awaiting another baby to join us in the world. TTot must be in there with pom poms doing kicks and jumps cheering for the impending arrival of your bundle of joy!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 1:55:20 PM
Lisa, bags are packed.

Remember to pack the laptop too so that you can post the first pic of the baby at the hospital
9.gif
Just kidding.
It''s so exciting, I bet you everyone on here is going to be on this thread Saturday checking on you. I know I will.
Did they say when on Sat. you will be induced? AM, noon, PM? Or is it base on how busy the day is?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 1:52:28 PM
Author: ellaila
Tacori, as excited as I am for you to have your baby, I gotta say, I''m gonna miss you! With you and Diver gone, I think I''m the next regular (and by regular, I mean obsessive) poster on this thread to be a mom! Holy cow!!

Haha, Ella, you may be the next regular poster here, but I bet you no one is more obsessed with this thread than me.
I stalked it 8-10 hours everyday. I just rarely post
41.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 2:12:38 PM
Author: lili
Date: 10/31/2007 1:52:28 PM

Author: ellaila

Haha, Ella, you may be the next regular poster here, but I bet you no one is more obsessed with this thread than me.

I stalked it 8-10 hours everyday. I just rarely post
41.gif

Hey lili! Have you found out what you''re having yet, or are you going to be another in the surprise camp?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results