shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Chris and I are home safe.

I was able to listen to my little guy's heartbeat for almost 8 full hours today.
After being admitted into Triage, I was hooked up with the monitors for an hour. Chris was timing my contractions, and they were averaging about 5 minutes apart. The nurse came in an hour later and told us that the monitor wasn't picking them up. Great... now I look like a paraniod preggo...
She moved the band down over my middle belly, and they started coming in loud and clear... there was no missing them on the monitor anymore, still 4-5 minutes apart. About 45 minutes later (6:30pm), she came strolling in with my first IV bag. They were definitely contractions. She checked me for dialation, and I had none, so HUGE positive. She determined that they were not "labor" contractions since they were not making my stomach hard up at the top of the fundus. They were more than likely muscle spasms in my uterus (???). Anyway she put the IV in (umm, ouch), and then had me order dinner. After eating an hour later, she gave me the first of 3 muscle relaxer shots.

I checked in at 1:45 and we checked out at 9:30. At least I got to see the inside of the L&D area. Everything feels good now, and I'm hoping to fall asleep pretty quickly tonight.

Burk- I hope your night is starting nicely!!! Tomorrow will be here before you know it!!!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of luck tomorrow Burk!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Burk, thinking of you! Hope your induction goes smoothly! Can''t wait to meet Kade!

meresal, glad you''re back home and it wasn''t PTL. The best part (and only good part!) about spending way too many hours in L&D with my first pregnancy was getting to listen to my son''s heartbeat. I loved it.

LIA, now I remember what you said about the shots. I need more info, as I''m not sure what the risks are or any details. If they will keep my uterus calm and prevent PTL/bed rest I''m all for it. We''ll probably meet with high risk doc around 9-10 weeks.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Burk-Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Re: Baby blues- Have you ladies ever experience this? I tend to feel like this at night and feel all hormonal, it''s so annoying cuz I get teary eyed for EVERYTHING! Please let me know, I feel alone.
15.gif
Thanks.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mere, so happy to hear you and the LO are OK.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
meresal - yikes! how scary. i''m so happy you and the babes are okay! could you feel the contractions at all or where they just showing up on the equipment?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
mer - glad that you are home safe and sound and that it wasn''t PTL!!!

best luck burk
36.gif

mtjoya - sorry that you''re nights are rough right now. I can''t chime in about baby blues from any personal experience, but I do know enough to know that you are NOT alone. perhaps the newborn - 12 month mommas might have some insight and definitely your dr. hope it passes soon
35.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mere, I''m so glad to hear you and your LO are a-okay!

Burk, I hope all is going well this morning!

Kim, maybe it''s just me or the angle of your pic but your belly looks like it has dropped!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I passed out last night. I couldn''t really *feel* the muscle relaxers, but I''m pretty sure I was dead to the world within 10 minutes of writing my post last night.
12.gif

I am at work this morning, lots of stuff to do, but my lower abdomen is so sore. I am getting a small feeling of how worn out my muscles will feel after hours of labor and *actual* contractions. Right now, it''s like my legs felt after running a 5k without training. I imagine after labor it will feel similar to a marathon, or two.
38.gif

Jcrow- I can definitely feel them. I have been having these things once or twice a day since about 23 weeks, we just assumed they were BH, but yesterday they just started happeneing in sequence. So weird. Just glad they have stopped!

Happy BPF everyone! (and hopefully, happy Birthday Kade!!
30.gif
)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
(Wtf, I have been deadlocked a million times doing this post! Grrr!)

mtjoya, I have had them off and on since I got pregnant, I hear it''s pretty normal. But it can be annoying, because there''s no reason to be upset, it just happens! You have my sympathy - hopefully it will pass for you soon.

Mere, I''m glad all is well! How nice, though, to hear the heartbeat for so long, though I wouldn''t have wanted the reason for it! I''m glad baby is still cooking right along.

Burk, thinking of you today!!!

-----------------

Today is my baby shower at work! I am SO excited, it''s better than Christmas lol.

Since it keeps giving me an error, I''ll post my pic later, maybe that is the problem.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ll try my picture again. 33 weeks.

aimee33weeks.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 9:55:56 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

Today is my baby shower at work! I am SO excited, it''s better than Christmas lol.

Since it keeps giving me an error, I''ll post my pic later, maybe that is the problem.
Yay for work parties!
9.gif

FYI- Everytime you try to post it and it doesn''t work, you have to change the title of the picture. Not sure if you knew that...
5.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Quick check in...didn''t get to come to the hospital until midnight b/c they were busy, busy!
39.gif
I wanted to just wait and come in first thing but my doc preferred we come in. Got cytotek at 1:25am and contrax got strong and close pretty quickly. Epi at 5:45am. When she checked me an hr ago (8am) I was at 7cm. Hopefully it won''t be too much longer!!
36.gif
Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I''ll check in when he gets here!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Burk, thinking about you!!

Mere, glad you are feeling better. Try to rest as much as possible!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Quick check in...didn''t get to come to the hospital until midnight b/c they were busy, busy!
39.gif
I wanted to just wait and come in first thing in the morning but my doc preferred we come in when the hospital had room at midnight. Got cytotek at 1:25am and contrax got strong and close pretty quickly. Epi at 5:45am. When she checked me an hr ago (8am) I was at 7cm. Hopefully it won''t be too much longer!!
36.gif
Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I''ll check in when he gets here!

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
BURK - hope you''re holding your LO or just about!!! thinking of you and can''t wait to "meet" Kade!!

mtj - can''t comment on the post partum, but i can tell you for someone who is usually pretty even keeled and still so throughout pregnancy, the last few days have been rough emotion wise. so i can imagine post partum when your body''s hormones are spinning wildly trying to get back to pre-preggo state that it''s not surprising you feel that way.

mara - oh trust me, we have been doing EVERYTHING. pineapples, turkey basting
2.gif
, walking, my car has ridiculous shocks so the bumpy car ride thing happens, i live in a 3 story townhouse so plenty of stairs, i''ve nested till there is absolutely nothing else to nest. gingerbaby is just waaaaay to comfy where he is
9.gif

mer - glad to hear everything is ok!

china - the u/s showed lowish fluids but not low enough to induce jsut yet (obviously). gingerbaby gets until next tuesday before he gets his eviction notice
3.gif

mp - you ARE glowing! love the pic!

==================================

weather not much better today...told gingerbaby i have plans this weekend so unless he makes his appearance before midnight tonight, he needs to stay put till next week
3.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
monkey - a shower and it''s friday - definitely sounds like a great day!!

burk - so close. can''t be much longer now
36.gif
36.gif

here''s my BPF contribution. a straight on shot for week 21.

llweek 21.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Cute pics, everyone!!!

Best of luck, Burk!!!! It wont be long now!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Burk, sooooo close! I hope he arrives asap!

lulu, your belly is so cute, I love this pic.

Thanks ladies
9.gif
Today will be a good day!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk_
36.gif
36.gif
As if you posted that composed msg at 7 cm. Man, i want an epi this time
3.gif
. I hope you are P-U-S-H-ing as i type. Speedy brith dust to you!!!!

Ginger--you are bringing back memories for me--i tried everything to induce too...nothing worked, but it was kinda fun (minus the castol oil, that was tres terrible!!) baby will come, i promise
1.gif
No one is pregnant forever, and that''s what i told my grumpy self every day.

Mer-glad the contrax stopped!!!!

Mara- i found at day 10 i noticed the belly start to ''tighten up'' i was brave enough to go back to the gym that day (according to my journal, cuz i barely remember those early days) and although i def. still had a little belly, it was drastically reduced from the week before. It''s cool how you can feel it contracting while nursing, isn''t it?

lulu--your bump picture is just sooo darn pretty!

Monkey--don''t be scared about delivery. Really, it''s hard, not going to lie, but it is such a finite amount of time, and gets wonderously erased from your mind quickly. Knowledge is the best prep however, i think knowing what will happen to your body and what is normal takes a lot of the fear away.
have fun at the shower--you look grrreat btw!!!

I''ve promised a pic for a while, but keep forgetting to take one. Hopefully this aft i''ll tackle that.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Running out the door, but wanted to say quickly:

Mer- So glad all is ok.

Burk- You rock, can''t wait to see pictures of baby Kade!!!!

Mtjoya- Come on over to the newborn thread, you will find tons of support over there. The answer is yes, the majority of us went through huge emotional swings in the first few weeks. I cried all day long over nothing, even when I wasn''t sad. Your hormones are just going crazy right now, but things will settle down. Come vent with us!!!!

Cute belly pics ladies!

Ginger- Ok, so if he''s staying put then he''s going to be a Tiger baby! Hope you have a great "last" weekend!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Baby Kade is here!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I don't have any other details but I'm sure Burk will update us as soon as she can.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Burk! Welcome baby Kade!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats Burk and family!!! welcome baby Kade!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Welcome to the world Baby Kade!
36.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yay baby Kade! Congrats mama Burke and big sis Tayva!

Lovely, your photos are always delish. You look really great too. What do you use/do when taking/processing the pics?

HH, well, I think I''ve noticed my preggo megab&!ch rearing her head a few times this week. I''ll just be struck by this overwhelming desire to ring out my husband for various things in the morning and rant about stuff... If I manage to leave the house without going off I will still be planning my diatribe in the car.
29.gif
29.gif
Seems worse when my post-brekkie MS kicks in, at the midling level enough to make me crabby but before debilitating. While I have been able to tamp down on things a bit before sharing my sentiments, it seems entirely possible that I *woln''t* catch myself one of these days, and that my ''light'' ranting/emotional statements are still over the top. Or at least the hubby has already made some comments...

GingerB, gingerbaby is getting close to V-day!
32.gif
32.gif
Have you thought of using your magical doctor powers to speed things along?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snlee for updating! I can''t post on PS from my phone so had to wait to get to my computer. Kade was born at 10:10am. He was a tiny 7lb 1oz but was 21 inches long so super long and skinny. I''m very lucky and had another easy delivery. I''ll post the story when I have more time. I just got out of the shower and need to feed Kade and take a nap!
9.gif
Thanks everyone for thinking of us! PS is great!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snlee for updating! I can''t post on PS from my phone so had to wait to get to my computer. Kade was born at 10:10am. He was a tiny 7lb 1oz but was 21 inches long so super long and skinny. I''m very lucky and had another easy delivery. I''ll post the story when I have more time. I just got out of the shower and need to feed Kade and take a nap!
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 3:08:54 PM
Author: Burk
9.gif
Congratulations Burk and family! Welcome baby Kade! Glad you had an easy L&D. Can''t wait to hear the details. You ended up getting on PS fast! Hope you didn''t mind me telling everyone. So excited for you!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Burk, you are SUPERMOM posting so soon! Yea, glad all went well and can''t wait for a pic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results