shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY burk, way to go!!!! Sending lots of labor dust your way Momma. Can''t wait to see Kade. Love the name BTW.....
36.gif

Lindsey great US pic!!!
1.gif

Snlee... Congrats lady!!!!!! Just read this now!!!
35.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
jas, Burk, qt and snlee, I was so nonchalant about my 2nd pregnancy that most of the time I forgot I even was pregnant. It's crazy how the 1st time is just so exciting and new and then the 2nd time is just "been there done that", whatever. I felt guilty about it for a while but then realized it's very normal. I also had a little bit of trouble truly bonding with Lucy after she was born because she just felt like an intruder who was messing up my routine for a while but I'm happy to say that it passed pretty quickly! I actually think because 2nd time moms are so much more relaxed, their babies are also more mellow. At least it's true for me with Lucy and because I'm a 2nd child myself!
2.gif

Burk, yay for progress!! Can't wait to meet Kade!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
yay Burk! Hope Kade gets here soon, and the Tayva is better!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindsey, wow! What a gorgeous little guy!

Snlee, congrats on number 2! How exciting! I hope you get to see your little bean soon!

Jas, I feel your pain. I''ve been through entire baby books and nothing really moves me. Something will come to you. As far as websites go, I like Nymbler because it suggests names based on your likes and dislikes.

So today we heard our little lemon-sized baby''s heartbeat for the first time! I''m 14weeks and change. It was so exciting! DH recorded it and has emailed it to his parents. He''s so cute.
21.gif
He likes to keep his questions for the doctor a secret from me until he asks them. I don''t know why. Today, he asked how our doctor felt about "lamaze". What he *really* meant was how does she feel about childbirth classes but has only ever heard of lamaze.
41.gif
The problem is that by nature he is a true planner and childbirth classes would suit him well. I too, like to *plan*, BUT I am a very high anxiety person and if they tell me in those classes of the sliver of a chance that something will go wrong, I will worry like crazy! So...I''m not so sure they''re right for me. Maybe I can send him with a stand in pregnant woman!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Pupp! Today was our first appointment, it was soo long, I think I was there for three hours in total, half of that was spent waiting, the doc was running behind. But I figured since I took the day off I might as well sit there and wait. I''m measuring right on track at eight weeks with a strong hb around 165. So my due date is 9/21, just what I thought it''d be.

We''re supposed to get hit with a bad storm tomorrow, I''m really hoping my office is closed so I don''t have to go in.

SSPX0041.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely little bean, HH! My appointment today was moved from 6 to 2 and I waited much longer than usual. I think they were trying to squeeze in lots of appts in a short time today.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lindsey that is the cutest photo! lol that you got that as a reward for being stuck all night... haha. i love it.
HH great photo of the bean!!
pupp glad the appt went well!
burk...yay any day now! can't wait for the news and pictures!!

the itzbeen, i totally agree re: type of person. my husband really liked it and he was adamant we use it at first, and kept reminding me to hit the buttons, and now that we have for a week we are both totally on board with it and it's part of our routine. it makes it really easy, forget remembering when you last fed him or pumped or changed a diaper. it also helps you know when something SHOULD happen, aka how long has he been sleeping?or was fed? should we wake him up now? or when i need to pump, oops it's been more than 4 hours. etc.

i thought of something else that was super useful to us today and now i can't remember it anymore. doh.

oh one other thing if you plan to bottle feed at all, my hub loves the microwave sterilizer thing. and we use it for the breast pump pieces too... i had multiple moms tell me to be sure to sterilize the moving parts in the pump (anything that touches the milk) to help prevent mastitis (very painful apparently). you just toss some water into the sterilizer bottom, put your pieces and bottles in and microwave for 3 min. and we have a drying rack. done and done!

i have been healing pretty well but gotta say to all the 'about to be new moms'... you don't realize how rough it all is on your body, so definitely plan to take it easy when you get home and make sure you have adequate help. it's been 8 days and i just went out on my first outing by myself to target to get nursing tanks and some diapers etc. it was great to be out for 1 hour alone but my body definitely is slow moving and i feel every little thing. my belly is shrinking up nicely, it looks like i just have a beer gut now, i imagine thanks to the bf'ing and pumping, and i have lost 20 lbs. but i definitely underestimated while preggo how much of a toll the birth will take on you for about a week+...so just an FYI to be kind to your body after birth.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, are you using one of those compression garments? I''m curious to know how they work. Dh saw a picture of one in a magazine and was horrified. I laughed, and pointed out that women need all the help we can get!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Burk!~ Somehow I missed that you''re thisclose to holding your LO! Good luck!!!

HH~ Aww, lovely little bean you have! btw-love your signature! every time I see it, I think of Sheldon...most recently popping up around the ball pit!

RE: Mara''s post about what you don''t expect physically, big ditto!! I was surprised that I felt like I had been hit by a truck. All of my muscles were so sore and tired for days after delivery. I imagine actually PUSHING the baby out would make them more so!

Our weather here was bad today so I actually had the quickest dr appt in my life! I waited less than 10 minutes and was out of the office in under 30 minutes!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Burk, hooray for an induction date!

Ginger, my mom isn''t as pushy as yours, but I have hard time setting boundaries with her. I actually think she''ll be in the delivery room with me, my choice, but I would struggle to tell her to back off, too. Espcially since she was so involved with my nephew immediately after his birth and I''m not going to want or need the amount of things my mom did for them (she basically stayed with them for a month, cooked, cleaned, etc., slept elsewhere but was at the houes all day every day with my sister).

2nd time moms, you''re making me feel guilty for not being wrapped up in pregnancy. I''m definitely excited, but I often forget I''m pregnant, haven''t done much in the way of getting ready for this kid to arrive, don''t think about what life is going to be like after the fact much, I don''t feel that being pregnant is a big deal, etc. I''m a bad first time mom, I guess. Oh well, maybe I''ll get lucky and have a mellow kid, like curly said.

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 1:45:46 PM
Author: Jas12
Ginger--best of luck, any time now
36.gif
Waiting is SooOOoo hard

A ''hello'' to all the other preggies. I read this thread, but can''t really keep up with it, so i hope no one minds if i pop in once in a while.

I am nearly 23 weeks and getting an obvious belly now. I thought i would pop out *much* sooner with my second, but when i look at pics i am the same size and weigh exactly the same amount as i did at this stage last pregnancy (glad i kept a journal, it''s fun to read it now). Have to say tho, i don''t really ''care'' about this pregnancy as much. That sounds bad, but my first i was on here 24/7 and everything was novel and exciting. I researched everything and thought about the baby every minute. This time i just want the DD to arrive
1.gif
. I know i shouldn''t rush it, soon i''ll have a toddler and a newborn (and this time around i know what i am in for!) but that''s just me
3.gif

ETA: forgot to ask what i came on here for
37.gif
Anyone have a fave baby name site? We are stuck. I have lists for both genders but nothing i *luv*. Oy. Makes me want to find out the gender just to narrow it down. I like name berry and baby names world, but need to keep lookin and lookin...
Hey Jas,
I think we are rowing along in the same boat... our due dates are 2 days apart so we may be in the hospital together having our babies! I''m with you on the difference between the 1st and 2nd... I read EVERY book when I was prego the first time and feel guilty when I don''t pick up the new book I bought to check on the process of our little boys growth.. Like you, time isn''t infinate with working F/T and having a 2 yr old (she''ll be three next month) When I get a chance to sit down, which is like never with cooking, cleaning, and doing activities with our little girl I just stare at my books sitting on the end table and end up picking up the laptop and checking this thread that doesn''t slow down.. (I too am having a hard time keeping up to date on everyone.., good time to say sorry to you all for my lack of involvement)
Good Luck in your pregnancy, we will soon have to start posting pics with the rest of the girls as I too am showing this time around.. (so crazy cuz that didnt happen until like 29-30 wks last time) I actually thought about buying some maternity clothes the other day, but can''t bring myself to spending the extra $ on myself and not baby stuff yet!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
HH, what a fun little shot! Did you get the typical gummy bear look?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey, what a gorgeous picture of Andrew! I''m so glad to hear that things are going well so far.

We are going on Sunday to get our 31 week 4D ultrasound, and we can''t wait to see this baby''s features. Our Andrew, our 3 year old, looks just like his dad, so I''m hoping that this little guy will take after me more (a mother''s vanity I guess).

HH, great bean picture!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 7:04:01 PM
Author: KimberlyH

2nd time moms, you''re making me feel guilty for not being wrapped up in pregnancy. I''m definitely excited, but I often forget I''m pregnant, haven''t done much in the way of getting ready for this kid to arrive, don''t think about what life is going to be like after the fact much, I don''t feel that being pregnant is a big deal, etc. I''m a bad first time mom, I guess. Oh well, maybe I''ll get lucky and have a mellow kid, like curly said.
Kim, I''m not a mommy myself now and won''t be down the line, but I just still wanted to chime in and say this:

It''s completely natural for someone who''s lost a child to feel a bit more reserved and "let''s wait and see" when she''s pregnant again, and there''s positively nothing wrong with that. It makes sense that one might have more of a ''one day at time'' view, and most of the gals I''ve known in that situation have said they couldn''t truly breathe easy until post-delivery.

Most emphatically, it doesn''t make you a bad first-time mom.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

Kim, I''m not a mommy myself now and won''t be down the line, but I just still wanted to chime in and say this:

It''s completely natural for someone who''s lost a child to feel a bit more reserved and "let''s wait and see" when she''s pregnant again, and there''s positively nothing wrong with that. I can see where a ''one day at a time'' approach might be the most sensible way to navigate; ''cautious optimism'', if you will.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Wow- this thread is hopping!

Yay for baby #2 Snlee & LIA!
Congrats to MJT and KT. Can''t wait to hear more about your LO''s.
Mara- I LOVE the name Julian. It''s on my top 5 list but DH isn''t too crazy about it. How did you sway Greg??
31.gif

Lindsey- THANK YOU for sharing two precious pics. I''m glad to hear that all is going well
Lulu- Did I see that you''re having a girl? did you have a hunch one way or another? woo hoo for team PINK
Ginger- hang in there, gal!
Jas- stay strong, about not finding out the gender. I''ll be your buddy on this one!
HH- yay for a great 1st appointment. how exciting
Pupp- I also call our bebe by the fruit/veg babycenter likens s/he to- mine is a banana this week!

Hiya DrK, Burk, SS, Mere, JCrow, Kimberly, soexcited, MP, Cara & Jena (hope i didn''t forget any preggos)

I too am starting to sport a belly- it''s not too noticeable yet, but it''s getting there. I took my 1st belly pic at 8 weeks but really haven''t since then. I''m planning to start up again this week. So with the belly comes thoughts of maternity wear. I''ve visited Motherhood Maternity, oldnavy.com and raiding Ebay. Some of my finds have arrived and I''ll be doing some washing and wardrobe arranging this weekend!

**CALLING RPS** I consider you our BF guru, so wanted to ask if you''ve heard about the Embrace Double Breast Pump by Playtex. It retails for about $180, but I have the opportunity to score one (new & sealed) for $100. There doesn''t seem to be much out there about it, but the majority of the reviews on Amazon are positive: http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Embrace-Breast-Pump-System/dp/B0000TYHD2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Would LOVE to hear if you or anyone else has any experience with this pump- THANKS!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 11:07:22 PM
Author: Allison D.

It''s completely natural for someone who''s lost a child to feel a bit more reserved and ''let''s wait and see'' when she''s pregnant again, and there''s positively nothing wrong with that. I can see where a ''one day at a time'' approach might be the most sensible way to navigate; ''cautious optimism'', if you will.

Thank you, Al, for your thoughtful words. Not being a mommy doesn''t make someone unable to understand and I think there''s a lot of truth to what you''ve said here. First time around I was reading and journaling and so consumed by pregnancy, and the complications that went along with it, and with this baby I''m much more day by day. Every time she moves is an exciting experience and I''ve enjoyed being pregnant in general, I''m just really subdued about the whole thing, I don''t talk about being pregnant much, here is where I discuss it the most actually which isn''t a whole lot, and it just sort of is instead of being a major focal point. There is definitely some caution involved, as pregnancy doesn''t equal baby in my world, at least not at this point.

Again, thank you, for giving me some perspective I didn''t have before and for being so thoughtful.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kimi~ ditto to Alj''s post. The first pregnancy I got excited about was JT. All of the other ones were "I''m pregnant today" with no counting on tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with being protective of your emotions. It is a healthy response to what has happened. Whether you spend every minute pining over the baby, studying gestation, or just being normal, the hoped-for outcome is still the same--a healthy baby.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
burk -- yay for progress!!! any day now!!

as for me....
<---- watched pot that just won''t boil
3.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly- I didn''t have a loss before this pregnancy, and I am exactly the same way you are. It may have something to do with planning a wedding for the last year, and promising that I would never let anything consume my every thought, ever again... or maybe the fact that we weren''t trying to get pregnant, but I find myself "forgetting" that I am even pregnant as well. Every kick is exciting to me, and even at 29 weeks, if I am in the middle of a conversation his kicks or movements will shock me and stop me right in the middle of a sentance.

DH and I are trying to be very easy come easy go with the whole thing. Don''t want to get our hopes up about certain things, and would rather stay quite neutral about the whole experience. Now that I say that outloud, it does sound weird...
40.gif

You are not a bad FTM in my book.
1.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lovely--thanks for the baby name site, 2 i haven''t tried!

Jcrow--i totally second the recommendation for the ikea soft-box inserts. They are so great for little socks, bibs, blankets, etc. I have a ton in my son''s room.

Burk--ya for being 2 cms! I bet you''ll go quick with kade. How long was your second stage with T? My good friend had a baby over the weekend and i was visiting her and her middie was at the house for the follow up visit and was talking about how my friend''s pushing was rather short for a first time mom (50 min) and that generally she feels the second kid comes in about half that time! I am nervous b/c i only pushed for about 20 min (3-4 contrax) with Co and i joked to Charlie that this kid may drop out of me (but only jokingly, b/c more likely you tear with a quick 2nd stage i think!). I made up for it with a looong 1st stage however.
Anyway, i hope it''s quick and easy for you!!! haha, i ramble sometimes

Shiny--yep, certainly don''t need 9 mos to get ready. I''ll probably just wash a few things and buy some diapers
3.gif
Totally different ball game this time. My only problem is that we are building a house right now and I am praying it''s livable in time for June!!

So exciting--oh cool, i didn''t know our DD were so close! I actually don''t know when my exact date is. My MD came up with the 12th, but my first scan says June 6th, but i don''t think that takes into account that i typically have a long cycle so i am thinking more around the 9th is a good guess. The 6th would be great but i am not holding my breath since i was a full 42 weeks with my son!

Kimberly--i think what you are feeling is really normal and totally understandable!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh no one is a bad first time mom or mom in general if they aren't all crazy about the pregnancy. everyone experiences things differently, it's what makes us unique. i did not like being pregnant and i wasn't afraid to tell anyone who asked. why lie? i know it is a blessing to be able to have a child and we feel very blessed with our little boy. however, i just did not like the PROCESS that it took to get him. however...it def did teach me some important lessons, first off about control, over your hormones, your body, your self. you have none! and that is what bothered me the most. i am SO HAPPY this kid is out of my belly and my body is mine again. i don't even CARE that my boobs are at his disposal every 4 hours. everything else is MINE MINE MINE once again!

oh and i also didn't read much about pregnancy and/or any of that stuff. i just took it like it came and attributed whatever body changes to the pregnancy. i only got really excited when i felt the baby moving around and as it got closer to delivery because i knew he was almost here. but everything else, bah i could leave it and happily will. heartburn, sciatic nerve pain, restless leg, i abandon you with glee!

one of my good friends is 11 weeks after an early miscarriage and she is having a HORRIBLE time of it. all day nausea and sickness, she is like 122 lbs and has lost 15 lbs. she told me she hated being pregnant and i know she felt guilty for saying it but i was like don't worry, it is what you feel and it's natural for you. it has nothing to do with what kind of MOM you are going to be. and personally i know all you ladies on here are going to be wonderful moms, just the fact that you are so involved with the preggo thread in general, taking classes and doing what you can do speaks to the level of committment you ladies already have to your babies.

charger... re: julian. well honestly greg did not like it at all at first. i didn't think i had a chance with it! but 10 months is a long time hehe. a few friends loved the name and would just call the baby that whenever they could. i think after a while greg just got a bit more used to it. and he knew i loved it even though i wasn't 'pushing' it on him. towards the end we had a few names we liked and he told me... well i am not SO averse to julian anymore. and then eventually it was 'well julian would be a good first name'. i kind of just let him mull it over for a while. he knew that was my top pick and i never swayed from it the entire time. the name he really liked was Dean and we actually were kicking around Dean Julian as well but Julian Dean just *sounded* better. so i'd say time on was on my side in having him think it over.

funny thing too is that one of his reasons for not liking it was 'no real good nickname' like jacob has jake etc. but i am not a huge nickname PERSON. but he really likes Julian Dean because he can be JD as well. so the kid has a bunch of names to choose from on what he wants to be called! or what we call him (mostly piggy).

also charger re: the breast pump, i posted this in the other thread but you should check out the Ameda Purely Yours on diapers.com. it's $149 without the tote and it was highly recommended to us by our LC at the hospital. she said Ameda is owned by same company as Medela and that she personally thinks they are better. PY is comparable to PIS i believe.

burk...i hope there is additional progress for you today! we need more new babies!!
ginger ... GAH well you know what you should be doing right??? pineapple and sex, lady!

random note but i am really excited i have lost 20 lbs so far and my belly looks just like a beer gut now. YAY. who knew beer gut could be so exciting. this breast feeding thing seems to actually work.
5.gif
i took a pic of myself at 5 days PP and will take another one at 10 days and then hopefully collage them to post maybe next week if anyone is interested.

oh re: name sites...check out behindthename.com. greg found it and it has some crazy foreign names on it...we were looking up norweigan and scandinavian names and things like that. greg loved that site.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 11:37:58 AM
Author: Mara!

random note but i am really excited i have lost 20 lbs so far and my belly looks just like a beer gut now. YAY. who knew beer gut could be so exciting. this breast feeding thing seems to actually work.
5.gif
i took a pic of myself at 5 days PP and will take another one at 10 days and then hopefully collage them to post maybe next week if anyone is interested.
Congratulations!!! Me! Me! Me! I would love to see that. You don''t see many people documenting how the weight comes off.
35.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mara--i felt exactly the same way about my first pregnancy. I felt blessed and happy, but didn''t like the process. This time is much easier. I think having a good idea of what will happen is the reason for this. For ex. I know that the fog of the early newborn stage will lift, i know that i''ll get some (tiny) bit of time to myself again & will have time for my DH. I have no big body image issues this time around b/c i know that the weight will come off (with a little hard work
2.gif
). I did worry about all this stuff last time.

Off to check out some baby name sites while i still have some lunch break left! Names are SO hard
5.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you lulu, something, Snlee, Bella,

Kaleigh~Thanks! DH came up with the first name when I was preggo with T and it kind of stuck. Hope he looks like a "Kade"
3.gif

curly~Thanks! I am WAY more relaxed this time around. I think my kids will benefit and so will I. For example, I will sleep when Kade is down even if he''s making funny noises!
41.gif

HH~Great pic!

Mara~Thanks. I''d like for him to decide and come on his own but at least I know Friday is the last day of being preggo!
16.gif
Funny you mention being happy with a "beer gut" because a couple weeks ago I told DH I was looking forward to just looking like I had a beer gut as opposed to my HUGE belly.

Kimberly~Thanks. Like the others said-do not feel guilty. We all feel what we feel regarding pregnancy. I''m SOOOO over being pregnant right now and when people ask I tell the truth. All that matters is a healthy baby in the end!

Charger~Yay for a belly!

Jas12~I walked around at 2cm for 2 weeks with Tayva...ended up being induced. So, don''t have a hole lot of hope holding out to go on my own but who knows. I did have a short second stage with T. I pushed 4 times...so I''m interested to see what this time will be like. Of course a bigger baby (which my OB thinks he is) will play a factor but OB thinks it''ll be pretty fast again. Oh, and I totally joke about Kade "falling out" of me all the time. Is it looking good to be in your house by June?

Ginger~Thinking of you!! Did I miss it...how were your fluid levels?

Been having contrax on and off but no pattern or consistency really. Like I told Jas, I''ll probably end up with the induction Friday. I think my body would stay pregnant forever if we let it!
3.gif
Good new is T is MUCH better today so whenever Kade comes will be great.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to say GOOD LUCK BURK!!! So excited for you and can''t wait to meet your little guy!!!

GINGER: fingers crossed for you too! Hang in there, it WILL happen. Hope things work out with your mom!

Everything fine on my end. 11+ weeks here, and already look like I did at 20 weeks with Coby. It is ridiculous. Oh well. Maybe I''ll be brave enough to post a belly pic Friday. Or maybe not. 3 days ago I weighed myself and was up 2 lbs from starting weight. Last night, I weighed myself again, and I was up 6.5 lbs!!!
23.gif

And I am TOTALLY with you guys on not being very into this pregnancy. I can''t believe I''m already almost done with 1st tri. took FOREVER with Coby. The weeks are just flying by this time...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s not that I dislike being pregnant, in fact I don''t mind it at all, it''s more that it hasn''t changed much for me. I see it as the natural evolution of life and our family and I''m not PREGNANT I''m just pregnant, no big deal it''s part of life. Along with that comes the feelings alj addressed, feeling cautious and unsure that this is really going to result in a baby in the end. It doesn''t make sense when I read that back, but I''m not sure how else to explain it.

Burk, I hope things go smoothly induction or not!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara & Kim, I totally understand what you mean about not enjoying the feeling of being pregnant. I have several friends who just LOVED being pregnant, and my mom felt the same way. I have had two easy pregnancies, but still I just really dislike several aspects of pregnancy. I hate the weight gain, even though I''m totally within the "healthy gain" parameters, I hate the reflux and heartburn, the enormous boobs, the clumsiness, and not being able to sleep on my stomach anymore. I also have been fatigued throughout my entire pregnancy, so I hate not being able to exercise or have any energy.

I am, or course, totally grateful that I am pregnant, and have a healthy child. I would take all the discomfort in the world to make sure that my boys are OK. But still, I think that while some women bask in being pregnant, others like myself just feel like it''s a physical nuisance that needs to be tolerated until the baby comes out. I couldn''t wait to start working out again after I had DS, and I''m sure I''ll feel the same way after I have this little guy.

I always feel bad about complaining about the pregnancy symptoms, especially because I know that some people would give anything for the experience of being pregnant. And I know that I am very lucky to be pregnant, especially because it took us a long time this time. It''s just nice to be able to vent a little to other preggos who are maybe not enjoying the experience so much
emsmilep.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 3:10:39 PM
Author: vespergirl
Mara & Kim, I totally understand what you mean about not enjoying the feeling of being pregnant. I have several friends who just LOVED being pregnant, and my mom felt the same way. I have had two easy pregnancies, but still I just really dislike several aspects of pregnancy. I hate the weight gain, even though I'm totally within the 'healthy gain' parameters, I hate the reflux and heartburn, the enormous boobs, the clumsiness, and not being able to sleep on my stomach anymore. I also have been fatigued throughout my entire pregnancy, so I hate not being able to exercise or have any energy.

I am, or course, totally grateful that I am pregnant, and have a healthy child. I would take all the discomfort in the world to make sure that my boys are OK. But still, I think that while some women bask in being pregnant, others like myself just feel like it's a physical nuisance that needs to be tolerated until the baby comes out. I couldn't wait to start working out again after I had DS, and I'm sure I'll feel the same way after I have this little guy.

I always feel bad about complaining about the pregnancy symptoms, especially because I know that some people would give anything for the experience of being pregnant. And I know that I am very lucky to be pregnant, especially because it took us a long time this time. It's just nice to be able to vent a little to other preggos who are maybe not enjoying the experience so much
emsmilep.gif
I can understand why someone might not enjoy being pregnant, but perhaps I wasn't clear as I don't mind it, it's just not as much a focal point of my life as it seems to be for so many first time moms, specifically those who I work and am friends with and when 2nd time moms here brought up that they aren't so focused on this pregnancy I found it interesting.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Kim, I understand what you mean. I have had a easy pregnancy up until this point, knock on wood, and am pretty sure that I will actually miss feeling our LO once he is out. I think that might be part of why I tend to "forget" that I am sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I understand what you mean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results