carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 2:04:51 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I''ve been super congested since I got pregnant, too. It''s the worst when I first get up in the morning, unless I shower before I do anything else. Otherwise I get horrible drainage that clogs up my throat. Yuck
14.gif

So in my big news - the baby kicked hard enough this weekend to be seen from the outside (above my belly button, holy cow, he''s moving up fast!) and for my husband to feel him! He was soooo excited, and little Micah was having a fit in there so we got to watch and feel him for awhile. It was so cool, I''m so glad my husband gets to involved in the kicking now.
30.gif
Awww, isn''t that such fun??
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
And today is a good day - our two year wedding anniversary, and he brought me chocolate covered strawberries cause I have to work
30.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
LovelyLulu- What a LOVELY u/s!!!! Congrats lady!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 4:33:26 PM
And today is a good day - our two year wedding anniversary, and he brought me chocolate covered strawberries cause I have to work
30.gif

happy anniversary! and how yummy - chocolate covered strawberries... sweet hubby!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I''ve had a permanent cold since I was about 3 months along - so stuffy.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 4:33:26 PM
30.gif
Lucky girl - those are my favorite!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i started a post earlier but then i rebooted and totally forgot to post it before i did. preggo brain at it''s finest.

re: morning sickness... i started at about 7 weeks with just very mild feelings, and it got progressively worse until about week 12. then it kind of subsided but i didn''t feel ''good'' about eating until about 15 weeks in general. and not ''normal'' about eating (meaning like back to my old self with what i used to like (meat being the biggest thing that grossed me out) until about 20 weeks. from then on i have been fine about eating almost everything i used to like, and only sometimes have cravings (mostly it''s potato or milk). everyone is diff....but for me i didn''t get sick and throw up, i just felt nauseated like 12 hours out of the day. i only felt good at night and sleeping. but i know lots of people have it way worse so i guess i was lucky (though it never feels like that at the time).

re: rooming in, i am the one who brought it up since our bf gal was all into it and my hub was too but i am not that keen on it. partially because i kind of want to force myself to start ''trusting'' other people to care for the baby... like nurses where that is their job. also i have heard from some moms who say they really wish they HAD let them take the baby at night so they could get rest. the way i look at it is... at the hospital you have so much help from people, take advantage of it. at home it will just be me and him so i''d like us to be as rested as possible. plus again there''s that trust issue...some friends i have were like ''no way am i letting him out of my sight''...but then they turned into like crazy overprotective moms. i know that is not necessarily going to happen with everyone, but i feel like if i can feel ok about the nurses watching him too then i''ll be setting a ''mental precedent'' for myself. who knows though, maybe when it happens i won''t be able to do it.

re: noses...i have heard it''s super common to get stuffy nose...i kind of have it on and off but not badly. i do however get blood sometimes when i blow my nose now, i think it''s partially the dry heat we have in our house (and CA climate) but also i read that preggo gals blood vessels are thinner and closer to surface in nose. i used to get a lot of bloody noses when i was young, so this doesn''t freak me out, but it sure does freak out my husband! it doesn''t last more than a few seconds so i don''t worry.

i was going to post this on the newborn thread too but does anyone who has kids have experience with the Target brand of diapers and wipes? one of my friends said her mom friend HUGELY recommended them and they are WAY cheaper than pampers. also what about seventh generation, same thing, WAY cheaper. the reviews on target are mixed, some people seem to love them and others say they leak but i am wondering if that is a function of your own kid and their habits??? i might just try one pampers and one seventh or up & up (target brand) just to see. but apparently the wipes seem to be a big hit in general and they are SO CHEAP, like $2 for a container whereas pampers is like $8.

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I understand where you''re coming from with rooming in. I think you will be surprised at how protective you are toward your little one, though. It''s just something that kicks in and you''ll be powerless to stop it! I never realized I could feel like this toward another person until I became a mom. I''m not a violent person at all, but if someone was hurting one of my kids, I would kill that person without a second thought. Sounds crazy, right?

You will learn to trust people with your baby because there will be times, no matter who you are, when he has to be in someone else''s care. I think it''s a gradual thing as the little one gets older, but maybe that''s just me. My 3 year old has never spent a night away from home, although he goes to day care every day and once in a great while, to Grandma''s for a couple of hours. I would probably send him to Grandma''s more often if I didn''t worry that he''s too rambunctious for her (she''s 70) and if our lives weren''t kid-centered right now.

About the Target wipes -- these are my preferred wipes! I use the unscented kind and really like them because the price is right and the quality is good, IMHO. They''re very cloth-like. We just buy the package with the 3 packages inside. Each on is reclosable, so we don''t bother with a container.

I''ve never used their diapers, though.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
MP- Congratulations on being able to see and feel all the kicks! and your Anniversary!

Steph- Glad to hear everything is looking good!

Re: Stuffiness: I've had it since I found out I was pregnant. Just like others, mine is worse in the morning but gets better once I wash my face with warm water. I tried to wear one of my cute scarves last week, and I literally thought I was sufficating! I can't have anything constraining around my face.

We had our "20 week" u/s today, at 20w5d. Everything looks great, and the baby is definitely a boy still. He was laying breach and wouldn't move from the lovely "toilet shot" position. He actually kept moving his bum in the direction of the wand, just to make sure we were 100% sure. I guess he has been listeding to mom talk about not knowing if I should believe the first u/s. lol. No doubt now.
They said that he is apprx 11 ounces now. Still haven't felt any kicks. I'm thinking it will be this upcoming week though.

I'll post a few pics when I can get pictures taken of them.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I don't have experience with the Target diapers, but I did start buying their wipes when Andrew turned about 1 or so and they seemed to be fine. If I remember correctly, they had a sensitive skin version that I used. I never used any other diaper other than Pampers. My MIL gave us a box of Luvs and the things leaked all over the place. I NEVER had 1 leak using Pampers, so I just stuck with what worked. After you have to get up in the middle of the night to change sheets and get the baby back to sleep a few times, you will be willing to pay the extra $$ for the good stuff! I just always bought the huge boxes from Costco or used the $5 off coupons that always came in the mail.

MP, Happy Anniversary!

Burk, hope you're feeling better!

Lovelylulu, cute pic!

Mer, great for a good ultrasound...that's what our tech said too...it's still a boy!

Hello to all the other Mommies/Mommies to be!
35.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
Still here, still alive, still pregnant.

36w2d today. I''m exhausted and have been feeling under the weather, even though I know I''m not. I feel as run down as I did when I had pneumonia earlier this year. It''s ridiculous. I''ve also had this upset tummy "gotta go now" feeling and have had period-like cramps off and on for days.

So, still feeling like poo. What''s new?

Mara, I used 7th gen diapers on a wee one I was a nanny for and absolutely hated them. They leaked so badly! He was on the small side, so this could''ve been the issue but coupled with the fact that they smell weird, I wasn''t a fan. A lot of people like them, but for the people that don''t (from reading the amazon.com reviews) it looks like leaking was the #1 reason.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stuffy Nose: I have a bit of a cold, but I think it''s now being taken over by stuffy nose that isn''t related.

Rooming In: I figure we''ll just see how things go. All part of my big parenting plan: I don''t have one.

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:38:04 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Stuffy Nose: I have a bit of a cold, but I think it''s now being taken over by stuffy nose that isn''t related.

Rooming In: I figure we''ll just see how things go. All part of my big parenting plan: I don''t have one.
Oddly enough, right before I''ve delivered each child I''ve gotten stuffy and thought I had caught a cold. I was super paranoid that I wouldn''t be able to breath during contractions, but during labor the stuffy nose magically went away. Weird.

Kimberly, you have THE BEST parenting plan.
36.gif
I swear, every time I''ve thought I had a plan for something, it hasn''t worked out the way I imagined.

Is anyone else feeling very grouchy these days? Not only do I feel grouchy, but then I feel bad for being grouchy on top of it.

I have 2 major frustrations.

SO ordered a ring for me for my birthday last month, but accidentally ordered a size 5 when I wear a size 6. The website he ordered from has size 5 as the default and he didn''t realize until he place the order. The ring arrived within a week and I sent it back to the company for an exchange. They received it Dec. 4. I talked to customer service via their website last week and was told it would be sent out Wednesday afternoon. No ring has arrived, so I called them today and now the story is that they are MAKING it in my size. What? Something smells bad to me here, which is a shame because there are a couple of other pieces of jewelry I''d order from them.

And my teenage son took it upon himself to trade another kid -- DS''s iPod touch plus $40 for the other kid''s Sidekick. We were not happy at all about this, but luckily DS decided to give the Sidekick back. Last night, the other kid''s mother called DS and told him that her son would give back his money, but was keeping the iPod. WHAT?? She''s mad that her kid traded something without her permission, so she''s going to make my son suffer? Now I''m having to see if the resource officer at the school can help and if not, I''m going to have to file a police report, I guess.

These things make me want to go crawl into bed and stay there for the next 6 weeks.

7.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Rooming in: My hospital doesn''t give us a choice, unfortunately, so I won''t be sending the LO to the nursery. If everything is fine I don''t think they keep you in the hospital for very long anyway, but I would have liked the extra rest.

RPS - Re: frustration #2, I would be LIVID too! That''s stealing!
29.gif

steph and meresal - yay for a good U/S! Any pics to share?

Mara - You just reminded me of someone who told me about Costco and Walmart diapers. One was great and one was horrible... But I can''t remember which...
20.gif

cello - sorry you''re still feeling down. Take care!

38 weeks tomorrow here. The waiting game''s harder than I thought it would be, and I wish I didn''t have to head out in bad weather to see the doctor anymore... Just come out already, will you? Bleh.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Cello: I had period like cramps and gotta go feeling about 2 weeks before I had Evan....I think you might be going earlier than 40 weeks.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:51:16 AM
Author: rockpaperscissors67

And my teenage son took it upon himself to trade another kid -- DS''s iPod touch plus $40 for the other kid''s Sidekick. We were not happy at all about this, but luckily DS decided to give the Sidekick back. Last night, the other kid''s mother called DS and told him that her son would give back his money, but was keeping the iPod. WHAT?? She''s mad that her kid traded something without her permission, so she''s going to make my son suffer? Now I''m having to see if the resource officer at the school can help and if not, I''m going to have to file a police report, I guess.

These things make me want to go crawl into bed and stay there for the next 6 weeks.

7.gif
How old is your son? I''m guessing teenager if he has an Ipod Touch?

I''m sorry you''re dealing with this. I can kind of see where the other mom is coming from though. I don''t think she is thinking about making "your" son suffer, I think she is making her son deal with what he did. My parents were that way with me, "If you are old enough to make your own decisions, then you are old enough to deal with the consequences", kind of household.

If it was my son, I would be furious, don''t get me wrong, but I would give him the Sidekick he traded for, and tell him he can either keep it or try and sell it. Maybe he can buy a new Ipod Touch to replace the one he lost.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: rooming in...rps i hear you a lot of moms have said the same thing re: not wanting to give the kid away after just having him. i figure we''ll play it by ear but i PLAN (hehe) to let them take him at night. we also have my mom closeby and she will be watching him a lot for us, and he will be staying over sometimes as well...i know i will trust her, but others will be harder. it''s interesting because we have some friends who never let anyone else hold their baby til he was like 3-4 months old, which i thought was so odd. and i have another friend who tossed her kid at us on week 1 because she wanted her to be used to lots of people and never cry when someone held her. i like the 2nd model better...hehee.

cello...glad you are still hanging in there!! everyone tells me the last few weeks are the hardest!! it sounds like you might go early, holiday baby?! hehee.

anchor, you too...! i might have said this already but part of me feels like OMG it''s so soon and the other part of me is like STAY IN THERE. the biggest thing for me is just feeling so tired and run down at night after a long work day, so i will be glad for some holiday time off and then i only have 3 more weeks before i go out after that.

rps...i also am feeling more crabby sometimes, but it''s intermittent. i guess i would say i am even less ''tolerant'' of stupid stuff or people than i would be normally (which is not necessarily THAT tolerant to begin with). especially at work where i pride myself on diplomacy and being easy to work with etc. so it''s getting harder for sure, i know for me it''s because i am not as comfortable and that tends to weigh on me.

but overall i know it could be way worse and i am still sleeping full nights so that is a big blessing. food squishing in the belly is not fun, my eating is so sporadic, last nite we went to a holiday party in SF (not that fun for me) and i ate a few finger foods and cheeses and then came home and had a small bowl of cereal and that was it. BUT yesterday at lunch i ate all my pho. so go figure heheh.

oh and my worm is squirming all near the top of my uterus right under my ribs. i am short waisted so it feels like he is right at the very very top and it''s not always very comfy, but it cracks me up because i am sure he is like WHERES MY ROOM IN HERE. it feels like little snake limbs are scraping my belly wall up top. the other day i pressed on something and it created a flurry of activity at the bottom near my cervix. i figure it was him going ''stop tickling my feet'' hehee.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Two pics from yesterday...

Arm and Hand near mouth

12.14.09 20w5d Arm.JPG

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I know this is weird, but did anyone else get RAGING hormones in the 3rd trimester? I am usually such an easygoing person and it takes a LOT for me to get upset, but lately everything has been bugging me. I was this way for about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant and thought it was just a bad case of PMS, but man I need to chill out! I haven''t been taking it out on anyone, just thinking to myself how irritated I am getting at the smallest things, especially at WalMart
3.gif
. Hopefully it will go away soon! Hope everyone has a great day!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
His face... I think that he is going to have DH''s lips.
30.gif

12.14.09 20w5d Face.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 11:34:57 AM
Author: steph72276
Ok, I know this is weird, but did anyone else get RAGING hormones in the 3rd trimester? I am usually such an easygoing person and it takes a LOT for me to get upset, but lately everything has been bugging me. I was this way for about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant and thought it was just a bad case of PMS, but man I need to chill out! I haven''t been taking it out on anyone, just thinking to myself how irritated I am getting at the smallest things, especially at WalMart
3.gif
Steph, I totally understand. My fuse is about an inch long right now, and I''m only 20 weeks.

I already have issues with cutomer service people, so I have avoided them at ALL costs this pregnancy. Unfortunately I found out that there was an overcharge to my CC at a resturant we ate at last week, and I am DREADING calling Wellsfargo customer service to notify them of the charge. I also saw that they are charging DH, as of the last 3 months, a monthly service charge, and don''t really want to get into it with them over that either...
15.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 11:39:38 AM
Author: meresal

3.gif
Steph, I totally understand. My fuse is about an inch long right now, and I''m only 20 weeks.

I already have issues with cutomer service people, so I have avoided them at ALL costs this pregnancy. Unfortunately I found out that there was an overcharge to my CC at a resturant we ate at last week, and I am DREADING calling Wellsfargo customer service to notify them of the charge. I also saw that they are charging DH, as of the last 3 months, a monthly service charge, and don''t really want to get into it with them over that either...
15.gif
Haha, I totally understand... We''re having issues with our life insurance company (basically they charged us for the wrong policy and won''t refund, and we had to pay bank fees to stop the payments on top of it
29.gif
) and DH asked me if I could take care of it. Erm, if I call, I''m going to rip the woman''s head off, so bad idea...
11.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for all the anniversary wishes! We had a regular day except for the strawberries - with Xmas and our move coming, there wasn''t much free cash to celebrate with, so we plan to do it later. Maybe January.

meresal, what cute US pics! You got a much better face shot than I did at 21 weeks - I think Micah was moving too much, everything looked blurry lol. Yay for still being a boy!

steph, I find that my temper is actually WAY better nowadays, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I have a hard time focusing on anything. My memory is shorter than that of a goldfish so even if I get all upset, it rarely lasts. I also have zero road rage now, when I used to be pretty angry on the ride home every day. I guess it''s a good thing, but I feel awfully fuzzy!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Anchor! I'm not alone!

The online-chat Customer Service was MADE for us! However, our cable company who you could not pay me to call with a problem, even managed to irritate me before typing for even 30 seconds.

They have you type in your name, email address, AND your problem before they connect you with the person, and her first question was... "Hi, My name is ?????. What can I help you with?"

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not the only one on a short fuse right now! Haha...hopefully that will go away in a few weeks!

Mere, didn't mean to interrupt your pics...so cute!!

We didn't get many good pics yesterday b/c he was just putting his hands in front of his face and sucking his thumb the whole time! She printed out one that said BOY to show us he is still, indeed a boy. My son wanted to see the pics and when he saw that one, he said what is this...not really wanting to get into that it was his boy part, I just said oh that's his leg to which my son responds, well why does it say boy on here then? Hehe.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Rooming in: The hospital that I gave birth at for my first son encouraged it, but I was honestly looking forward to getting some sleep after my 18 hour labor that ended at 4:30 am - I had been up all night, and pushed for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS. I was exhausted. So, we spent a few hours with the baby, and then when I started falling asleep while holding him, the nurse said that was dangerous and offered to take him up to the nurses'' station for a few hours so I could sleep. It was really great, because after I had a nap, I had my energy back to focus on him.

We were in the hospital for two more nights, and both nights I sent him to the nursery so I could sleep for a few hours. I breastfed, but the pediatrician wanted me to supplement with one bottle a day because he''s always been borderline underweight, and he was showing signs of dehydration. So, I was BFing all day, and let the nurses give him a bottle at night when I slept. We never had "nipple confusion."

With this baby, we are delivering at a different hospital, and they give you the option to room in or not - I think that we will definitely end up using the nursery again at night, so I can get a few hours sleep. You really need your rest after delivering a baby, especially if it''s a rough delivery like mine was.

Diapers: We liked Pampers when DS was small, but I switched to Huggies once he started crawling, because then the Pampers started leaking on me. My friend introduced me to the Kirkland diapers from Costco, and we really liked them - they are comparable to the Huggies. But, I don''t go to Costco that often, so I don''t always get them. I do think the quality is good, though. I''ve never tried Target or Walmart diapers.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
MARA: Re: Diapers. DH and I tried the Up&Up diapers and didn''t like them for our son. They are thin and often leaked. Not worth the savings imo.

Diapers that we''ve tried and liked:

1. Pampers - Swaddlers, Cruisers and Baby Dry
2. Huggies Little Movers
3. Meijer brand Drybabies - very similar to the Pampers Cruisers
4. Kroger brand Comforts - very similar to the Huggies

Of the two store brands the Meijer Drybabies are the best. They are a fraction of the price of Pampers or Huggies and work just as well. We switch on and off with the diaper brands. Just get whatever we feel like. We usually use the brand name for daycare and the cheapo ones at home though.

1.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
Oh oh oh! ME! I''ve become a raging psychopath. I get really irritated at basically everything. I recently made a twitter update for my blog that said: 36 weeks pregnant+pushy sales associate= walking around mumbling like a crazy person "Leave me the F alone. Leave me the F alone!"

I almost KILLED this woman, she was so annoying. Trying to get me to sign up for the email list, the credit card, the sales announcements. I was trying to be nice and decline politely, but it just wasn''t working. She WOULD NOT stop. Eventually I had to leave the store and have DH pay for my Mum''s presents because I had a serious moment of wanting to choke her out.

Lovely.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DD for the diaper feedback. I think we''ll start with Pampers Swaddlers and then maybe experiment with the Up and Up just to see. They might not work for us...but most people seem to recommend Pampers.

Mere...yay pics!! I am totally horrible at deciphering the ultrasrounds (it took the tech and my husband about 5 min to show me where definitively he was a boy when we saw ours at 15 weeks hahaha)....so can you describe where the elements of the face are on the 2nd photo??

re: customer service...lol I can''t stand having to call. It also irks me when they ask you for 500 pieces of info then the first thing they say when they come on is ''can you confirm your name, address, blah blah''...I am like..I just did that for 5 minutes! Definitely not very time effective.

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Good news, I guess, in that the assistant principal called the other kid''s mom and she''s bringing the iPod to school on Friday. It still sounds kind of sketchy because I see no reason she can''t bring it tomorrow. I suspect that she will "forget" about it on Friday and then I can''t do anything through the school until after New Year''s.

Steph, I''m right there with you! Normally, I''m pretty laid back about stuff, but right now, my fuse is very short. I try to simply avoid situations where I could turn into a mega-beast, but just in the past couple of days, things have come up that I''ve had to handle and it hasn''t been pretty. I feel helpless to control it, too! Walmart is enough to put me over the edge at any time, though.
9.gif

Meresal, adorable u/s pics!! It never fails to amaze me when you can see a fully formed human in there.

Mara, wow, not letting anyone hold the baby til 3-4 months? I''m more like your other friend in that I allow pretty much anyone to hold my babies even when they''re brand new. I''m ok with this because I don''t worry about illness much since I bf and I know that when I see a brand new baby, I''m *dying* to hold him/her.

You''re so lucky to have your mom closeby. Yeah, I think you can trust her.
9.gif
If SO''s mom was younger or my mom lived closer, I wouldn''t have a problem trusting them -- I have more of a problem of feeling like I''m taking advantage of them, I guess.

Today we had our holiday luncheon at work and HOLY CRAP, it was amazing. Our CEO makes bagna cauda and we have tenderloin, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, cabbage, mushrooms and bread to dip in it. Then a couple of other co-workers made Indian dishes like chicken curry and some chickpea and tomato dish. Plus, we had about 10 lbs. of chilled jumbo shrimp, fresh fruit and two cheesecakes that looked so amazingly rich (but I don''t like cheesecake, thank heavens). We only have 25 employees and we''ve had a pretty year, so I feel very, very fortunate. And VERY, VERY FULL. I think I''m a good 10 lbs heavier than when I went in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results