shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I didn''t wake up freaked out, thank goodness, I was more like WTF? Then I went back to sleep.

Phoenix, sounds like you''re headed towards labor. Awesome news.

Mandarine, you are just darling.

MP, hope your appt. goes well today. Glad I could shoulder an icky dream for you.

Movement: I''m so ready to feel this kid move, because it seems the next step, but he/she isn''t cooperating.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix
Sounds like things are moving along for you.
Yes you can walk around several weeks being several cm dilated, really depends on the person.
You can DTD when dilated, and it''s supposed to help get things going.
My early contractions felt like period cramps, so maybe your baby will be early.
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, PG, congrats on the progress!!

So we had our appointments galore today. We loved the pediatrician,and definitely want her to be the baby''s doctor. Our u/s went well, too. She is head down with head in my pelvis,her back along my right side, feet and hands moving on my left side. She''s measuring well, guesstimated at 4lb15oz. Holy moly. As per usual her hands were covering her face.

Question: I got a registry item sent to me, not wrapped or anything. It didn''t have a card. Should I just wait until after the shower to see if we get a card? I hate not knowing who it''s from!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
meresal~Thanks!!

phoenix~Our doctor encouraged DTD when it was close to my due date so I think it''s just fine. I was 2 cm dilated for 2 weeks. Sounds like your appt went well!

Big u/s tomorrow morning!! We''re so excited!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
MUST.STOP.CRAVING.ICE CREAM. UGGGGGHHH.

DH was on his way to get some for me from marble slab (love him...), and I called him and told him not too. I don't know how long my strength will hold up.
40.gif

Good luck tomorrow morning Burk!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Burk with the US tomorrow...

And to MP, silly me thought it was today... Hoping all goes well!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 3:59:16 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
I''m back from my 37 week appointment.

I went from:
0 to 2 cm. dilated
20 to 80% effaced
-3 to -2 station

Good job, baby!

My doctor ''feels much better about my pelvis'' now. I really tried to relax before she came in the room, and the cervical check was not painful like last week. Yay pelvis!

So my sister says with her first child she wasn''t dilated at all when she went into labor, and she was only 2 cm. with her baby born last week when she was induced at 3 days before her due date. So she seems to think I must be going to go early. What do you guys think? Can''t women walk around several centimeters dilated for several weeks?

She also told me to stop taking Tamiflu until I know that I have definitely interacted with someone who has been infected. I''m happy with that.

When you are dilated, should you avoid DTD? It seems like you should, but I haven''t read/heard that anywhere.

I''m having more uncomfortable and frequent period-like cramping these days but nothing that feels like uterine squeezing/contractions.
PG!

That''s exactly how it was for me!!! I was at 3cm, -2 station, 75% and having period like cramping for a few days. DD came 2 weeks early.

GL!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls....I just saw the former head of the CDC talking on Good Morning America and he said a new report came out yesterday where 100 pregnant women so far this flu season have been sent to the ICU with H1N1, and 28 have died. So, I am going to go ahead and get mine as soon as my doctor''s office has it in. I just think the risk of not getting it outweighs the risk of getting it at this point. Scary stuff. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about getting the swine flu vaccine or just the regular flu vaccine? or are you all getting both?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mer, unless something changed yesterday the H1N1 vaccine that is intended for pregnant women (the spray mist is live virus and not recommended for pregnant women) has not been released yet. It should be out very soon, they are saying the beginning of October. The regular flu vaccine has been out for a while. I had my regular flu shot on Tuesday when I went to my OB; I'll go back for the H1N1 shot as soon as it is released. I've done a fair amount of research and discussed with my doctor whose comment was "Unless you are allergic to eggs there is no reason not to get both vaccines."

I would call your OB and ask her what he/she recommends and if/when you should recieve each of the shots. I would also do a bit of research on your own, especially if you're nervous about getting either shot, so that you can make the best choice for you.

ETA: I just did a quick search of the news and according to CBS Chicago the H1N1 spray mist is being released next week, there still isn't a date when the shot will be available.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday everyone!!!
35.gif

I want to see some bellies!
9.gif

I''m not getting a flu shot (never have) nor the H1N1 shot. I work from home and DH works in an office with just one other guy (and not in a building or anything like that)...so our exposure to other people is pretty limited. I talked to my Dr yesterday and she said that was completely fine, considering the circumstances.

Phoenix, sounds like you''re making progress!!! So exciting!!!

Kimberly, I hope you can get to feel the little one soon! Its just the best feeling ever!. It does get uncomfortable later, but even now I still enjoy felling them rolling and punching :) (hopefully they''re not punching each other!)

Burk, good luck on the u/s!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
This week''s belly pic is better than last week... So here I am, in all my 27w2d glory.

anchor27w2dweb.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
And here''s from my POV... It''s funny how it''s all flat on the front. My belly button didn''t even pop! DH wanted it to, he''s a bit disappointed.
19.gif

mypov27w2d.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Cute Belly Anchor!

Here''s my shot. 32w4d (taken last night).

amber32w4d.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I have more pics, this is uncovered. Sorry about the spots on my shirt above, I was washing the dog in the tub.

32w4duncovered.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Cute bellies girls!!!

Anchor, there is still time for the belly button to pop!!. Mine didn''t pop until a few weeks ago (I was hoping it wouldn''t!)...not it''s just getting so stretched out that it''s getting flat! haha.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
This is the baby''s foot, the only good shot from yesterday''s ultrasound. It''s super cute!

babyfoot32w.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LAST picture, I promise.

We were given the invitation to the baby shower Paul''s work is throwing for us. It is SO FREAKING CUTE.

amberbabyshower.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 10:44:34 AM
Author: AmberWaves
LAST picture, I promise.

We were given the invitation to the baby shower Paul''s work is throwing for us. It is SO FREAKING CUTE.

That''s so adorable!!!!!!!!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Anchor-You look great! You still have plenty of time for your belly button to pop. It may even surprise you around 37 weeks! Mine never did though but I have a super-duper innie.

Amber-Great belly and love the invites!

Mandy-I forgot to tell you that you look great! Can''t believe there are 2 in there!! And congrats on 35/35 as they say in bump world.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pg... progress! when you are strep b positive they just give you antibiotics right? as for dilation, you can walk around for weeks dilated, i hear it is not very pleasant. my coworker is at 3cm and has been for one week and she is going to dr today to see what they want to do. it's at that point i hear that a fair amt of discharge happens too. she said she is so ready. i told her to jump on a trampoline.

amber, you look great...btw how do you find washing the dog in the tub still? the other day i was bending down in the shower washing portia and it hurt to be in that position for too long, i had to keep standing back up. short of sitting down on the floor with her in the shower, i told greg he might have to take over that duty soon! oh and those invites are adorable.

anchor, belly looks fab, and i love the front down view. i am hoping my button doesn't pop but i figure towards the end how can it not?!??!

can't wait to hear your story about the visit Burk, good luck!

meresal, embrace the ice cream! seriously when i wasn't feeling totally top i just ate whatever. i didn't eat a ton of it but i did indulge and i didn't gain much either. i figure you can't be all crazy strict one way or the other, just eat normally but if you have cravings, it's ok to do it sometimes. have you tried 1% choco milk?? when i wanted a lot of bad dairy i figured it was just calcium and so i started having lowfat choco milk as my treat. or those tapioca pudding things, i ate a lot of those too.

steph, i got the regular flu shot but the jury is out on the H1 for me. i don't want to be the first in line that's for sure. i figure i will wait and see how it does for a little bit, and then decide. but i am a little freaked that it hits preggos so hard. and the dr's told me this is going to be a very bad flu year which is why i got the regular shot (i never have before).

the summer squash was sooo active last nite, greg was even able to feel him which hasn't really happened much before. and then he was active again this morning at 6am when i got up to pee. while i am loving it now i am also aware that if he is this active now, when he is bigger and if he still is this active, owie!!!! greg says he thinks it would be 'funny' to have someone moving around inside of you, but i told him at first that might have been the case (aka thinking about it in the very beginning) but then it just becomes normal and so interesting. our bodies definitely amaze me. i almost don't care that my hips and ass will never be the same again!
3.gif

lastly, one vent...how come none of the reward programs for gift cards and points out there seem to have BRU on their list??? we have like nine hundred million amex rewards, and we both have reward points from work programs that function like amex rewards, companies seem to be doing this more for things like bonuses. it comes in handy when you want to get something from a store on there, but none of them have BRU. PB kids is all over the place, so i could have like $3k in PB kids gift cards if i wanted, but no BRU. and i am thinking i want a set i saw there last wkd. BAH!!!!!! i should write the programs and be like 'please add BRU'. anyway, i am just feeling foiled that i have to pay cash for something when we have all these stupid points good at PB kids and CB etc. why doesnt CB have cribs???? that would be sweet.

i took this picture yesterday to send to greg's family who wants updates. so i have a contribution to the photo day, yay. its an iphone photo and resizing it made it grainy so sorry for the bad quality. i am 2 days shy of 23 weeks. happy friday lovely ladies.

mara 23 weeks sm.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mara, cute pic! Tell Greg that the movement is fun at first, a novelty. Then it starts feeling like someone has put one of those automatic ball rolling cat toys (only bigger and with more pointy edges) inside you and turned it on. It''s really starting to get painful! Right now our girl is head down, but she''s turned, so her spine is along my right side and her face is looking into my left pelvic bone. She has her legs straight out (ah ha, that''s the reason for the "I''ve eaten a whole sub sandwich" look) and it REALLY hurts. As for washing the dog, it''s NOT easy. Woofie is very low to the ground (mini dachshund) so I do a lot of squatting and bending over. I think I''m done with it, Paul''s going to have to take it over- all that bending and squatting leave me lightheaded and breathless. Luckily (?) their skin is so sensitive, so they can''t be bathed too much or it''ll irritate the skin.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yay for all the belly pics ladies! Mara, your little bump is so cute.

And thank you for all the good thoughts ladies - we heard the heartbeat today! She no sooner touched the doppler to my belly and there it was, whoosh-whoosh-whoosh. I cried I was so happy, and my husband was really excited. "Is it supposed to sound like a hummingbird?" LOL. Rating around 150-160 beats a minute and kicking like mad, because we could hear her flailing around in there, too. My midwife thinks I should be able to feel her soon! We are SO excited and happy, it''s like the baby is more real now!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
MP, congratulations!!! Isn't it the most wonderful sound!!!

Are you showing yet?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Mandy, Amber and Mara - You all look great!

MP - I''m glad you got to hear the HB. It''s so great! I didn''t get to hear it before 11 weeks, so I wasn''t worried about your beanie.
5.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Deal alert!!!

http://www.babysteals.com/

Dwelstudio bedding for a girl...so cute and great price!!!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 12:20:42 PM
Author: meresal
MP, congratulations!!! Isn''t it the most wonderful sound!!!

Are you showing yet?

Right below my belly button it''s starting to round out, and now that my bloat is finally going away, it''s more noticeable. I''m hoping I get a good belly
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 12:28:12 PM
Author: Mandarine
Deal alert!!!

http://www.babysteals.com/

Dwelstudio bedding for a girl...so cute and great price!!!!!

Aw I wish I knew what I was having! That is SO cute!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Great pics everyone!!

MonkeyPie, so glad you were able to hear the heartbeat!! Isn''t it a wonderful sound?
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for a heartbeat MP! we actually did not hear heartbeat til like 15 weeks because saw the baby instead, and could ''see'' heartbeat fluttering. but when i finally did it was like, wow that is neato. you keep saying HER, so i was going to ask if you knew it was a girl but maybe that''s just wishful thinking hehee??

i can''t wait til our boy starts doing weird things with my belly, well i CAN wait for the pain it will bring but the look on Greg''s face will be priceless when he sees that. it seems like for the men it seems so much more surreal because they don''t feel every little thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results