shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
mara- yes, curious indeed - i''ve had 2 or 3 friends schedule inductions at 38 weeks..... however, i don''t think just because the mom is uncomfortable is a good enough reason to evict baby before he/she is ready.

early in my pregnancy there had been some back and forth between my midwife and a doc i had seen for some early spotting on my actual due date - which doesn''t amount to a whole hill of beans since it was only different by a week - mentally, i want to be prepared for the 18th, but in the back of my head i''m thinking closer to the 25th b/c of the early discrepancies.

when i''m a solid 41 weeks w/o any signs of impending labor at *that* apt i''ll talk to my midwife about an induction.

but moreover, the ultimate reason i''d wait to go that long is the health of the baby. since i''ve had no complications to speak of, and the docs are not concerned about growth/etc. it is so very beneficial to let them bake inside as long as possible (assuming i''m not having any ''old placenta'' issues or fluid level issues). some people think that babies born too early are not ready for life outside of the womb and have a harder time adjusting (makes sense to me). lung development takes place during the last 4 weeks, more fat for baby under the skin etc.

i''m already thinking a little retrospectively here.. but in the grand scheme of things, this time in my life hasn''t been soooo long/bad/awful that i can''t handle another 4+ weeks.. if it means a healthier baby.

CCUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEE bellies everyone!!!! mine is so flat in the front, it''s really quite strange... i love all those round bellies! (always want what ya don''t have right?)
3.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. i''m so jealous of everyone who gets these late ultrasounds... next time i see baby is when he''s OUT..... i''m getting so excited to see what the little one looks like.... gawd i hope it''s me...

tee hee... i keed, i keed.....

kinda
3.gif

tee hee, ok, that made me laugh out loud... and it was my own darn joke.... ahhhh i must be giddy for the weekend.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
viz gotcha, re: the discrepancies re: the dates...that makes sense to go longer just to make sure. my date is set in stone since i absolutely know conception hahaa. i tend to think that the kids are unprepared for the harshness of life in general outside the womb (hello nice and warm and dark inside and then loud and bright and cold outside would be a shock for anyone!)... poor things! i was tempted to consider water birth because it seems like it could have positives re: entry into the world but greg was like no hippie births thanks. one of my coworkers had her baby 4 weeks early and it was 7.5 lbs!! the dr said it would have been over 10 if she had gone full-term.
6.gif
it still blows my mind how diff it can be from person to person! i don't think i would schedule an induction at 38 weeks unless the kid was huge, i will try to go to 40 but inside i am like 'maybe he'll be ready at 38!'...haha.

pg yay for a good appt. booo on the narrow birth canal. when will you know more about if you will go c-sect route? also in your state you don't have sep leave from your 'after birth' leave? in CA we do... i still have to look into it more but i think it's 4 weeks before and then up to 16 weeks after. i will prob only take 2 weeks before...if i am lucky.

is anyone who is nearing the due date going to do the 3D or 4D ultrasound through a third party? we are considering it mostly for the families to have some fun photos (and greg's fam who are scattered in other states)...and just wondering when you plan to do it. Dr told me later is better, aka more fat on the baby=looks less like an alien.

one of my friends is 40.5 weeks and went in for induction, i am so excited to hear her story.

oh and the nugget was on my bladder last nite and seemed to be moving around a lot...it was so hard to get to sleep. i love feeling him move but i am like could you move the action UP a bit?? i have LOTS of room UP more. bladder is a little sensitive. i felt like he was doing aerobics. i still cannot feel him outside on my belly, he's still so low. anyone else having that at about 22 weeks? one of my other friends at 22 weeks said she could see her belly move from the kicks...i am like why can't i???

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 1:02:21 PM
Author: Mara
MP...actually meresal''s comment reminded me that my first US was at 6 weeks (typically at 8 i think but i went in early)...so they can meausre and date the baby and confirm your conception and due date. i''m surprised that you never had that, and no US til 20 weeks is so far out..!! still boggles my mind.

I think I made an error when I told them I knew the date I concieved - because I did! - because they seem totally unconcerned with taking a peek in there. It might have something to do with the fact that I am with a midwife, too, not sure. I will do my best to hold out.

Qti, omg, you are SO tiny and cute! Gosh I am so jealous. My belly is so puffy I look 5 months pregnant already - people have already started stopping me to ask when the baby is due, and seem surprised it''s so far away. I think it''s because I rub it too much lol.

phoenixgirl, the narrow birth canal thing seems a bit strange - it stretches a lot during labor, doesn''t it? And I somehow doubt, well, that your husband is smaller than her two fingers, ahem, unless she''s a BIG German lady
20.gif
That''s funny.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 1:41:38 PM
is anyone who is nearing the due date going to do the 3D or 4D ultrasound through a third party? we are considering it mostly for the families to have some fun photos (and greg''s fam who are scattered in other states)...and just wondering when you plan to do it. Dr told me later is better, aka more fat on the baby=looks less like an alien.

We plan to do a 3D at around 30-32 weeks
1.gif
I''m so excited for it! I love how chunky their little cheeks look all scrunched up in there.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Only have a minute...but wanted to quick post my belly pic for this week.

I''m 19.5 weeks.

Okay. Gotta go teach. Will be back to comment on all the cute, cute bellies!!

burkbelly19.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bellies everyone! I took one today, but it's dark and grainy and I cropped everything because the bedroom is a mess and my hair is awful, but at least it's something.

So here's my belly at 26w2d...

ETA: Ugh, it's even worse than I thought. FYI, my belly doesn't quite reach the edge of the photo... I'm not that huge.
28.gif

anchor26w2dweb.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mandy you look wonderful as usual!!!

viz you are such so tiny!

burk you barely look preggo, can''t believe you''re 19.5 weeks already!!

qt you have such a tiny bump, it is adorable!!

amber you look great!

i was considering getting a belly pic up, but may not just because all you ladies look wonderful, and i just look BIG, which is so weird to me cause i have put on less than 10 lbs, and i''ll be 27 weeks monday.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Before I take my class to the park (yay
36.gif
)....

Madarine~You look fantastic!!

vizsla~Adorable, as usual. I don''t see this flat you''re talking about with your belly. You''re so cute. I never had a round belly, though. Clearly I don''t know, either. I always called Tayva my square baby.

Amber~You look great!

QT~I love your tiny little round belly! You look so good!!

phoenix~Sound like the baby is doing great! Our leave policy works the same way so being off before baby takes time from being home with baby. Lucky for me we had a break right before I had T so I had "free" time off.

anchor~You look terrific!

Puffy~Thanks! I am still in the phase where I''m sure strangers wonder if I''m PG or not. Kind of annoying. You need to post a pic because you are anything but big. You are all baby!!!

Okay....time for some fresh air. Sorry to anyone I missed.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 1:50:09 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 9/25/2009 1:41:38 PM
is anyone who is nearing the due date going to do the 3D or 4D ultrasound through a third party? we are considering it mostly for the families to have some fun photos (and greg''s fam who are scattered in other states)...and just wondering when you plan to do it. Dr told me later is better, aka more fat on the baby=looks less like an alien.

We plan to do a 3D at around 30-32 weeks
1.gif
I''m so excited for it! I love how chunky their little cheeks look all scrunched up in there.
We did the 3d/4d ultrasound at 30 weeks. It was awesome and I would recommend it to anyone who can afford it. Ours was $175 for an hour and we got a dvd with all the live action as well as a CD of photos. My parents came and they loved it. Even DH, who generally thinks this sort of thing is a total waste of money, was raving about ti afterwards and has told all of his freinds they have to do it. It is amazing how clear the picture is and I got a little teary seeing my little girl.

Mara, another reason not to be induced if you can help it is that it usually leads to a longer and more painful labor. The drugs they give you to soften the cervix and dilate you can take a long time to work and the contractions they cause can be much worse than natural ones. I have 2 friends who are labor and delivery nurses and they keep telling me I do not want to be induced for this reason (as well as the fact that it''s better for baby to decide to come on her own) and I also have friends who''ve had induced labors and naturally occurring labors who''ve said the induced labors are much worse.

Everyone''s bellies look great. Here''s my contribution - 32 weeks, 1 day.

novbride32weeks.jpg

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
adorable belly pics! ya''ll all making me feel like i''m HUGE as a first time momma at 20 wks!

drk - ditto on the positive thoughts sweetie! i think possibly having allt he technical knowledge is making you worry EVEN more.

mara - i just started realizing that i can feel the baby kick this past week or so. i can''t see the kicks, but if i put my hand on my belly i can feel the little bumps. actually hubby felt the very first one. we weer jsut lying in bed and i was showing him how easy it is to feel my uterus now and the GingerBaby gave him a nice roundhouse
5.gif
today, GingerBaby is doing the cucaracha on my bladder. possibly in protest because i''ve been hurrying around so much i must be jostling the poor thing. i have to say. i most definitely envy your cube life...i spend all day every day 85% on my feet rushing about. the only shoes i can toelrate now are super soft and flexible flats! even my kitten heels are out!

pg - yay for the good vist...booo on the narrow birth canal. maybe as you get closer things will relax a lot more and widen up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on the maternity clothes front...i hit the jackpot! i asked one of my recently pg friends who looked great throughout her pregnancy at work where she got her clothes. she pointed me towards NY&Company, which i have never really shopped at. Turns out they have these trousers/slack with a, elastic-y back that had a good amount of give. They had a slightly higher rise so they sit comforatble on my belly and the front looks just like regular non-mat trousers. Four colors, including a super cute grey subtle tweedy/plaid-y print, in nice substantial fabric (much thicker than the ones i found at motherhood and pea in the pod) and easy to slip on and sooo comfortable. Size wise -- i''d prob be an XS if i was not prego, i fit the S perfectly now at 20 weeks, so i bought an M that is a bit loose now, but hopefully will last me far into the pregnancy. AND they have petite, average, and tall.

And guess what? LESS than $30 a pop. AND it''s a buy one get one 50% off sale. So I bought all 4 colors for ~$100. SUPER SCORE!

Yeeee! So excited to have comfy clothes to wear to work!

And additional sale news for interested ladies...The sale includes free leggings with every tunic purchase. How perfect is that? They''re not a maternity clothes store but they''re def meeting our needs. I didn''t have time to browse the tunics and leggings because this was a quick lunchtime foray so i don''t know what the selection is like, but i''ll prob go check it out when i have more time.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
here''s my 26w4d pic.

have a great weekend ladies!

puffy26w4d.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
We did the elective u/s at 28 weeks and I wish we had waited a couple of more weeks. The baby looked great but I think a couple more weeks would have made it even better.

Also, it''s definitely worth the money to do the u/s

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls...here''s my 22 week contribution. I feel like I am growing pretty quickly now, but no strangers have asked me due date and things yet. I know for sure people noticed earlier in my last pregnancy. Oh well, I would not ask anyone either unless I was 100% sure!

I have not been having any cramps for 2 days now, yea! I have taken it really easy and completely cut off caffine and I''ve been downing water like crazy. I think all these things have helped. Has anybody felt like this around 20 or so weeks....I have been getting really bad heartburn at night, but during the day I just have this uncomfortable feeling and it is making me not want to eat at all. Today so far I have only had a bowl of oatmeal and half of a kid''s meal at chick-fil-a. And I felt like I was completely full with that meal at the very beginning. I know it''s not good, and I''m about to go make myself eat some yogurt, but I just feel like I am having this "fullness" that goes from my throat to my belly.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and happy weekend!!

PG, yea for your sister having a baby girl!

Lover in Athens, thanks for the additional info on the PTL....it is always good to hear people''s stories.

Tao, can''t wait to see your nursery!

Drk, take it easy this weekend and like other''s said, try not to stress. I am trying to find things to keep my mind off of it and it seems to be doing some good for me.

QT, sorry your little one has been sick...hope she feels better!

MP, sorry about the fever. Hope you are feeling better today.

Meresal, yea for an ultrasound!

Mandi, you are so cute as always. No worries on all the symptoms...I think most of us go through the same thing. I keep waking myself up at night from snoring when I never snored before. Don''t worry, it all goes away!

Viz, so cute! Stay well...hope your hubby doesn''t have the flu.

Amber, your belly is so precious!

Qt, you have the perfect little bump, so cute!

Mara, thanks for the encouragement. We need bump pics from you soon!

Burk, you are so tiny!

Anchor, you are not huge, you are super cute!

Puffy, you don''t look big at all....you are tiny everywhere else and just a cute little bump. I am gaining it all over!

Nov, great pic!

Ginger, yea I LOVED those pants when I had my first son! I wore them for a long time and then I got some more for right after I had him. They are very comfy. I might have to go to the mall to check them out again!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Duh, my pregnancy brain kicked in and I forgot to attach the pic. 22 weeks:

week22bump.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
I love BPF! You ladies look gorgeous and adorable w/ your different bellies.

Drk--
Glad to hear that that spotting has stopped.
If it would make you feel better, I started feeling BH fairly on in my pregnancy.
I believe it was around 11-12 wks.
Initially, I'd feel it early in the morning and late at night when I'm lying in bed.
As the pregnancy progressed, so did the frequency, especially when I'm walking on the treadmill (4-5 w/ hr).
I mentioned to my Dr and he didn't put me on bedrest or anything, perhaps because all I was feeling was the tightening of the ute (balling up).
I didn't have any cramps whatsoever. Anyway, carried my little one till almost full term (2 days shy of her EDD).

Steph--
Sorry about the short cervix.
Hope taking it will keep it status quo.
Hehe, I still think that's hardly a bump.
You are small!
No wonder people don't ask you when you due.

Mandy--
You look great. Always love your belly shots.
Yay for stretchmark free....how nice is that.
Bummer about the eczema though. My friend had it during her pregnancy and she had to take off her wedding rings and wear it on her other hand which is ezcema free.
It did get better after she delivered though.

Meresal--
Yay for the us.
Hope you get a good view of your little one.

vizsla--
Wow, you are tiny for 36 wks.
Though I have to say that your belly does look more rounded out this week.
You and Mandy may be delivery around the same time huh?
Haha, funny about scheduling your last "official" day of work pass your EDD.
I thought for sure that my little wasn't going to come out on time, so I scheduled my last work day a couple of days passed the EDD.
Little did I know that she decided to come out 2 days before her EDD.

Amber--
Looking good.
I'm always amazed at how much baby we short women can carry.
Unfortunately for us, there is only one way that the baby can go :)
Sorry about the swollen feet. Putting your legs up helps tremendously or getting up and walk around a bit (if you have a desk job).
I find my feet swell a bit at the end of the day if I sit for too long.

QT--
I love your bump.
It's so perfect!
And I love that tank of yours....is that a maternity tank or just a regular item?
Where did you get it?

Mara--
YOu'll see your boy on the outside soon enough considering he's so strong and active.
Some people are more sensitive and also depends on where your placenta is.
I felt mine at 17-18 wks from the outside and can see little bumps at 20wk.
My sisters, both are the same small-built, felt theirs at 24 wks.

Burk--
Cute belly.

Anchor--
Hehe...cute belly too.
It's so nice and round.

Puffy--
Ah...you are so tiny.
I don't know what you are talking about being big.

----
Oh wow....didn't realize how long this post is.
Just had to comment on all the cute bellies..
Keep them coming.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey CALIFORNIA girls (or do other states do this too?)! Are you taking the state paid disability the 4-weeks before your due date?? I wonder if I'm going to get bored at home. Probably not! I will be moving into a new house and all. I just don't want to waste my time. Just wondering what you all are doing :)

Mandy, Amber, Viz, Qtiki, Steph looking gawgeous ladies!
9.gif
I forgot to take a pic at lunch today. Maybe I"ll get one tonight. I'm sitting here at work with a bunch of towels stuffed behind my back trying to get comfy. It's not really working
7.gif
My back hurts
7.gif
(Sorry for the complaining)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the additional info re: induction. i'd def rather NOT be induced. i will be on the trampoline trying to get mr baby to come out. anyway my friend who is in the middle of induction keeps updating her FB and so far she just sounds bored. it must be the waiting for the dilation time. plus she is hungry, boo.

you super small ladies with your little tiny bellies who are all like 'omg i am soooo big this week'... you crack me up!!! in a good way. i think it's just HILARIOUS how we all get preggo eyes too along with preggo brain. meaning you feel like you look like a beached whale and EVERYONE else around you thinks you look so cute. everyone looks simply amazing! oh and steph i will prob take another pic in a few weeks, i am way too lazy to do the weekly docs. hehe.

sunkist...this CA girl plans to take the 2 weeks before off from work. i figure if you have the time and it's not attached to 'after' then why not. it will be hard as work is pretty busy, but i think that every mom should have a little bit of ME time if they can. it's your last chance to do any of that before the big change...and get anything else done that you needed to. and just simply relax and decompress. and hello girl you will not be bored, of all people. setting up home? you should take all 4!
5.gif

i was actually just reviewing my friend's leave plan, her last day is today...i am curious and need to get in touch with HR to understand exactly what our benefit is because i thought i would be taking all 12-14 weeks at modified pay, but this gal's says 100% pay for first 6 then last 6 are at modified. obviously 100% is better than modified. so maybe our benefit is better than i thought. and greg will be taking 3-4 weeks after baby i think.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s funny any of you think you look big or small, you just look like pregnant women, and there''s no one size fits all.

Sunkist, I''m a substitute teacher, so I can stop working whenever I want, I plan on working until I physically can''t anymore. I didn''t seek out a job this year because of the pregnancy; the plan is for me to stay home for a while.

Mandy, I drool and snore pregnant or not, so tell your husband he''s lucky his wife isn''t that way all of the time.

MP, It is the obligation of the doctor/health care providers not to order tests, including ultrasounds, for both ethical and insurance purposes unless medically necessary, it sounds like your midwifes'' approach is that less is better regarding tests and such, which is a common approach for a midwife -- much more naturalistic than a typical OB -- and that from your appt., symptoms and such the pregnancy is progessing normally in her opinion, so the ultrasound isn''t necessary. If you are comfortable with her approach that is all that matters. If you''re not, I would call her and tell her you are concerned about not hearing a heartbeat and you would like to have an ultrasound done. If she feels it isn''t medically necessary it would cost about $100-$150 to have one done on your own. I spotted weeks 6-10, had an ultrasound done at week 7 and my OB (who is a less is more sort of doctor) said no to my request for a second one because it wasn''t medically necessary, meaning we already new the baby was fine and my condition hadn''t changed; I absolutely understood her reasoning, but it didn''t make me feel any better so we paid for one out of pocket at week 10, which calmed my fears.

Ginger, I''m glad you found maternity type clothes that work for you. I''m getting a box from a co-worker on Monday. I''m all about the hand-me-downs, looking forward to see what good stuff she sends my way. I need to figure out how much $ I should offer her; she said none, but I can''t just take them, I need to give her something.

Steph, glad the cramping has slowed way down.

It''s our hot, dry season and I''m really stuffed up, not sure if it''s a cold or a reaction to the weather. A kid in the class where I''m working was sent home with a fever of 100 today, the teachers'' daughter was also sent home with a fever. I sanitized the classroom and am hoping I don''t catch whatever is going around.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
Kim - thanks...it''s such a relief knowing relief is on the way. I got a box full of hand me downs also, but my friend is waaaaay shorter than me, so the tops and shorts are working out great, pants...not so much!

So my anatomy scan got delayed..darn OB is on vacation and ended up staying away longer than planned.
38.gif
boooo....

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I don''t think I look as small in person, plus I think I am growing wider. I''ll have to post a frontal belly pic.

Mandy
For some reason, I thought you were 36 weeks already. I hope the boys stay in until 38 weeks.

Meresal
So cute that you look at other people''s u/s to get an idea of your baby progress. And I am jealous that you get u/s every time.

Mara
I think we need another belly pic from you.
9.gif

hehe you need a big meal to look like me. Mine is from before the big meal. It''s bigger after I eat. LOL.
I can feel kicks on the outside, but I haven''t seen it. DH felt it the other day.

Phoenix
Glad the baby is doing great. Sorry that your birth canal is "narrow", but isn''t it supposed to stretch? or does narrow now means narrow for l&d?
Yeah it''s better safe than sorry, but it''s a bummer to have less time with the baby.

Viz
I don''t think your belly is flat either.

sunkist
Maybe you can get one of the padding for your office chair. It''s hard to get comfortable toward the end of the pregnancy period.

MP
Coworkers are starting to ask if I am pregnant. I think some of them noticed earlier, but they didn''t want to ask since Meena is only 1 and in case I was just getting chubby. hehe. I actually think the bump photographed smaller than it actually is.

Burk
You barely have a bump. You look fabulous.

anchor
Your belly is adorable.

November
You look great.

gingerB
Glad you find something that works for you in the wardrobe dept. I''ll have to go check out the tunics/leggings sale.

puffy
Lady, I don''t know what you are talking about. You are not big at all. You look awesome.

steph
Glad the cramps are gone. Hope it continues to get better for you.
You are still so tiny. Barely a bump.

lili
The tank is an ON maternity tank. I actually guilty of wearing it postpartum after I lost all the weight.
9.gif
I hope no one knew it was a maternity tank. LOL.

Sunkist
I took only 2 weeks before last pregnancy b/c I was worried that I would be bored and also in case the baby decides to show up late. But this time, I am thinking about taking the whole four weeks since my EDD is 1/28, so that mean I won''t come back to work after the new year. It''s different for me though since I''ll spend time with Meena.

KimberlyH
You are right about just looking pregnant. We just need to learn to love it.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Lili - that definitely makes me feel a little better! I''m still a freaked out nutcase, but hopefully if things settle over the next week or so, I''ll start to feel more optimistic again.

I''m still having the "balling ups" relatively frequently. Tried to take it really easy at work today. I managed to get my ultrasound in at 11:30am between cases. Cervix was 3.7cm, baby 39th percentile for size. Of course I''m not sure i the cervix is slowly shortening, or if it''s just measurement error. I''ll be asking for another scan next week, after spending most of the week lying down, and will see what''s happening.

I should try to stop thinking about this now, and focus on something different before bed. 17 wks today - 24 weeks seems like a long time away...

Belly pics are all great! I can''t quite bring myself to take another while I''m so uncertain about things. Maybe tomorrow.
Kate

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Argh, insomnia.

qtie, I couldn''t completely figure out what my doctor was saying about my birth canal; it was partly "lost in translation." She actually never used the words "birth canal." I said, "We''ve been doing perineal massage. Will that help?" She said, "No, it''s not your perineum, it''s your spine. You are very narrow." My spine???? Huh? But her two finger demonstration and the fact that this statement was made after/while she checked my cervix made me think she meant the birth canal.

Mara, I''ve heard that in CA women can take the month off before birth without it affecting later leave. That is great! I get 13 weeks no matter when they begin. There is no distinction between maternity leave and other; it''s just all "medical leave" and I can only take 13 weeks per year with a rolling start date (so no getting to take double leave just because your leave bridges the New Year or the start of the school year).

I''m going to meet my niece tomorrow. I''m excited but also feeling overwhelmed about the fact that this might be my last week of work. There will never be a perfect way to go out or leave instructions for my substitute (who has yet to be hired! But they are interviewing someone Monday), but I wasn''t expecting to have to be ready this early. I guess that was shortsighted of me; I am less than 4 weeks from my due date.

DH had the perfect date last night . . . we stayed home! He had offered to take me out to dinner, but I just wanted to relax. So he picked up takeout from one of our favorite restaurants, we had a nice bottle of wine (well, a tiny glass for me) from our collection, we sat on the porch in the crisp air a little bit, and we watched a Netflix movie. We actually decided to cancel our Netflix subscription since we don''t even average $5 per movie in terms of how often we watch them. Plus one of those $1 (per day) DVD rental kiosks just got put on the corner, and we live 1 mile from Blockbuster and could make a fun excursion out of walking there if we wanted more selection. That reminds me. I''ve gotta figure out to cancel it . . .

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking about the birth canal thing. I think this is why DTD is such a struggle now. It really does seem more narrow/tight than usual. I wonder if it''s psychological and/or physiological? Maybe I am clamping up because I want to keep that baby safe? So I''m hopeful that it''s not that I am unusually narrow but that I am just not relaxed down there these days. I''d like to think my body will loosen up when the time is right.

My mom and my sister delivered all six of their babies vaginally. We''re "big hipped" women who have small to medium sized babies. I hope I''m not some kind of exception to the rule! But again, I could wind up with a C/S for any number of reasons. It''s probably good that I am coming to grips with that thought now.

The exam caused some bleeding, which I know is normal, and it turned brown pretty quickly. The only thing is that I''m still getting a little bit of it 24 hours later. Ugh. I hope this doesn''t happen every week after my exam. I only recently learned that you bleed for weeks after birth. I guess I should get used to that thought too.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 11:15:16 AM
Author: phoenixgirl
I''ve been thinking about the birth canal thing. I think this is why DTD is such a struggle now. It really does seem more narrow/tight than usual. I wonder if it''s psychological and/or physiological? Maybe I am clamping up because I want to keep that baby safe? So I''m hopeful that it''s not that I am unusually narrow but that I am just not relaxed down there these days. I''d like to think my body will loosen up when the time is right.
Hi Pheonixgirl, just thought I''d chime in to say that my hubby also mentioned that while DTD these days it''s tighter. He thinks it''s just cause the baby is taking up so much room now, things are getting cramped
5.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix-I found that the internals got easier each week. I also knew there was pp bleeding but I wasn''t prepared for how much. Just get used to the idea of wearing gigantor pads the first 3-5 days and then regular/overnight after. PP bleeding ended at 5 weeks for me.

All of you ladies look soooo beautiful!

I wonder if SoCal had her baby yet. Hmmmm

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 1:26:11 PM
Author: fiery
Phoenix-I found that the internals got easier each week. I also knew there was pp bleeding but I wasn''t prepared for how much. Just get used to the idea of wearing gigantor pads the first 3-5 days and then regular/overnight after. PP bleeding ended at 5 weeks for me.

No baby for me yet. I had a nother appointment on Thursday (my due date), and I am still only about 1 cm, which I have been for the past 4 weeks. I feel like he is getting lower, but the doctor says he is still pretty high. So I don''t think anything is happening soon.

I decided to schedule an induction for next Thursday if nothing happens by then. Since then I''ve gotten tons of unwanted advice about inductions, and how it is such a horrible idea. I really would love for labor to happen naturally, but if it doesn''t, at what point is it better for the baby to get him out?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Socal- do what you feel is best for you and your baby. People will always have opinions for and against but at the end of the day its your decision. I don''t know if walking helps baby to drop but I know that when they were trying to help my body to progress on its own, they had me walk for hours. They said it was to help the baby drop but I don''t know if that works on its own or with contractions which I was having.

Either way its your decision!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 2:09:59 PM
Author: so cal girl

Date: 9/26/2009 1:26:11 PM
Author: fiery

No baby for me yet. I had a nother appointment on Thursday (my due date), and I am still only about 1 cm, which I have been for the past 4 weeks. I feel like he is getting lower, but the doctor says he is still pretty high. So I don''t think anything is happening soon.

I decided to schedule an induction for next Thursday if nothing happens by then. Since then I''ve gotten tons of unwanted advice about inductions, and how it is such a horrible idea. I really would love for labor to happen naturally, but if it doesn''t, at what point is it better for the baby to get him out?
SoCal, you really have to talk to your doctor about that. I think that it mostly depends on the size of the baby and the amount/quality of amniotic fluid. I had to be induced when I had my DS because my water broke 4 days before my due date, but I never had a single contraction, and my baby was still all the way up to my neck - he never dropped at all. I actually requested a c-section instead of an induction, but my dr. advised induction followed by vaginal delivery. Either way, though, the baby had to be delivered within 24 hours of when my water broke to avoid possible serious infection to the baby.

My advice would be to get an epidural as soon as possible. Pitocin makes contractions far more intense, with less than a minute between contractions, so being induced is far more painful than natural labor. I did dilate perfectly (1 cm an hour once they started the Pitocin) but because the baby had never dropped, it was impossible for me to push him out. I pushed for 4 and a half hours before the doctor finally assisted by using the vacuum. Having difficulty pushing is not as common, but I think that the fact that the baby was clearly not ready to be born (no contractions, no dropping) made him much more difficult to deliver.

This time around, I absolutely would not be induced unless, like last time, it was medically necessary for the health of the baby. I have several friends who scheduled inductions so they could choose the baby''s birthday, and I thought they were crazy to put themselves through that.

Ultimately, though, it''s totally worth it if the baby''s health is at risk. I know that if the baby is in there too long, it can get too big to deliver, or the quality of the placenta and amount of amniotic fluid begin to decline, which makes it a much better idea to induce the baby and get it out. You have to talk to your doctor & see what they think is best for the baby, and for you. But if it were me, I would not schedule an elective induction, unless there was a medical reason for it.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Socal~I agree with Fiery, do what''s best for you and your baby. Just wanted to share my induction story so you can hear the other side. I LOVED my induction. (I know there are others on here who did as well) I was induced at 39w 5 d. It was sort of elective: my OB thought she was huge and he was going to be leaving on vacation and I really wanted him to deliver her so I opted to induce. I am SOOOOO glad I did. I thought contractions were tolerable, but I don''t know what non-pitocin contractions feel like so I don''t really have a frame of reference. I was going to get an epidural regardless so I got one and progressed fairly quickly. I pushed twice and had DD after 12(ish) hours of labor. I often worry about NOT being induced this time because I''m such a planner and my first induction was so great. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results