shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sapphire: What a sweetie!! Daddy looks very proud!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Have any of you guys gained inches but almost no weight? I am 9 weeks, but I haven''t been able to fit in my regular size 8 jeans since I was about 6 weeks (this is my second baby, and I heard that you pop faster the second time, but this is crazy!)

I finally broke down and took out my size medium maternity jeans, and they''re a little baggy, but way more comfy than my old jeans which I can''t even button. Even my size 10 jeans (leftover from the last pregnancy) are totally uncomfortably snug around the waist and hips.

I also look now at 9 weeks like I looked last time at 18 weeks. Depressing.

However, when I get on the scale, I''ve only gained 3 pounds.
emotion-40.gif

Could it just be water bloat? I didn''t bloat or retain any water with my last pregnancy, but I already have a bump! Also, isn''t water heavy? I feel like I look like I should have gained at least 10 pounds, not 3.

If there are any other second or third time moms out there who went through this, I''d love to hear your experiences. Thanks!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:20:35 PM
Author: vespergirl
Have any of you guys gained inches but almost no weight? I am 9 weeks, but I haven''t been able to fit in my regular size 8 jeans since I was about 6 weeks (this is my second baby, and I heard that you pop faster the second time, but this is crazy!)

I finally broke down and took out my size medium maternity jeans, and they''re a little baggy, but way more comfy than my old jeans which I can''t even button. Even my size 10 jeans (leftover from the last pregnancy) are totally uncomfortably snug around the waist and hips.

I also look now at 9 weeks like I looked last time at 18 weeks. Depressing.

However, when I get on the scale, I''ve only gained 3 pounds.
emotion-40.gif

Could it just be water bloat? I didn''t bloat or retain any water with my last pregnancy, but I already have a bump! Also, isn''t water heavy? I feel like I look like I should have gained at least 10 pounds, not 3.

If there are any other second or third time moms out there who went through this, I''d love to hear your experiences. Thanks!
Hi vesper, I''m a first time mum, but I didn''t gain much of anything until 19 weeks (less than 5 pounds), but I had definitely popped. I''m 23 weeks now and I still haven''t gained much, but I''m the side of a house. It might be water retention because I''ve been ordered by a doctor to drink water in excess and to increase my salt intake. The bright side is that it''ll be less weight to get off after the baby is born.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
sapphire he is adorable!!! and i love the pic with your DH smiling and holding him!! so precious.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire
Logan is so adorable. Your DH looks so proud. Very sweet.

vesper
I bet you are just bloated. I had crazy bloat this pregnancy, way more than last time. I also took out and wore my maternity jeans earlier this time, but I wasn''t gaining as much weight as last time (well until I put on 7 lbs in 3 weeks recently =P).

lili

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire. Logan is precious. And the proud papa picture is just priceless.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Steph--
I'm glad that your little boy is ok.
Take care to hydrate yourself, especially in this heat.

Mara--
Man, you can see your muscle tone in that picture.
You'll bounce back to your pre-preggo state in no time after delivery.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, congratulations!!!

Sapphire, he''s SO beautiful!

Steph, I''m glad everything turned out to be ok! I''m sorry for the scare with the doppler though.

Amber, I panicked about all those same things . . . signing up for the classes, how to figure out maternity leave, pediatrician etc. Sorry to hear that the classes are hard to fit in.
7.gif
We have signed up for the newborn care class 5 times. 5 times! Each time we sign up, we''re like, crap, that''s the bike race you wanted to attend, or that''s Back to School Night, I knew there was a reason we didn''t pick that date originally . . . and then I caught a cold when we were finally going to go. I cancelled the first two classes, but really I''m just too embarrassed now so we just haven''t been showing up (the classes are free so I guess the only concern is if other people aren''t getting to sign up). So our latest date is two weeks before my due date. That''s uncomfortably close, but nothing else really worked. I do have a breast feeding class in two weeks.

For the pediatrician, I asked my OB at my 32 week appointment for recommendations and then called the one located closest to our home. We have an appointment on the 24th for a consultation with the doctor. But they said that if I have the baby before the consultation, they''d just show up at the hospital and be my baby''s doctor without the meet and greet first. Since pregnancy is such a finite period of time, I think most of the "baby industry" is used to women signing up just a few months before they need the doctor or the daycare or the time off. It''s usually not a problem.

I also just picked up my FMLA/other leave packet two weeks ago, at 32 weeks, so again, I think you''re fine! The packet explained things really clearly; definitely ask if your employer has one.

I got the preservative free flu shot today. I didn''t know they recommended that one for pregnant women until I left work early to go to the pharmacy, only to have them say, oh sorry, we don''t have the one for pregnant women . . . But luckily I just went to another one closer to home and got it.

In only slightly baby-related news, I am enjoying the quiet hum of our new Mr. Slim ductless air conditioner. We have central air upstairs, but we just had a loud, poorly insulated, non-removable window unit downstairs. The quiet is better for hearing the baby, we won''t smell our neighbors'' cigarette smoke any more, and we''ll save on heating costs in the winter. Yay!

Also, I have started worrying that Baby Girl likes to hang out in her diagonal position, which sometimes seems almost horizontal. Today I got more kicks up towards the center (still to the side but not nearly as much), so I''m hopeful that she''s getting a little more vertical. I''m glad I''m getting the ultrasound at 36 weeks so that if she''s transverse, we can do acupuncture/anything else they recommend to try to turn her.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire, he looks GREAT! What a little sweetie - and dad looks pleased as could be!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire,

What a precious and gorgeous little boy! Congratulations!!!
9.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphire- Logan is precious and you DH is so sweet with him. Congrats!!!! Hope you are feeling well.

Kimberly- welcome! So happy to have you here!!!!!

Viz- thanks for the opinions on our names. And I LOVE Finn!!!! I say go for it! Your nursery is fantastic! I cannot believe your DH built all those cabinets. I am so jealous.

Re: mat/pat leaves- Our company typically allows 12 weeks leave (6 short term disability and 6 unpaid that you can use any saved vacation/sick time), but I will be starting a new position on Feb. 2, so I negotiated to be on leave until then. Depending on baby''s birth date, that should give me about 16 weeks
36.gif
. DH is planning to take 1 week off. He is in a fairly new position, so FMLA does not apply, and we don''t really want him to burn all his vacation time.

Steph- I am so relieved to read that your little guy is okay in there. You scared me!

Amber- girl, don''t freak me out! I will be 37 weeks Thursday, and we haven''t done MOST of the things on your list! Okay, nursery is ready other than hanging things on wall and getting chair cushion from seamstress. Otherwise, forgot ALL ABOUT getting a pediatrician (thanks for reminding me!!!), scheduled to attend birthing class in 2 weeks
23.gif
(oh yeah, at 39 weeks- how''s that for last minute!), haven''t even signed up for childcare or BF classes. While I am a big time planner in some cases, with some things I just wing it. I hope child care and BF''ing come naturally to me
2.gif
. You''ll be okay. Don''t worry.

Oh- and I guess I need to pack a hospital bag. Can someone please tell me what I need? All the websites say different things. Will I really use music or a picture to "focus" on?!? We only live about 2 blocks from hospital, so DH can always make a quick trip, but I would like to just get settled in and not have him leave.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphire,
Congrats Mommy!! Logan is just as cute as he can be. I love the pic of your hubby holding him. That''s so precious and sweet.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Another selfish post here...sorry in advance!

Baby A didn''t pass his NST again
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

This time though it was a major pain!. Since it was after 5pm, they basically needed me to go to the hospital (to Labor & delivery) to get a prolonged NST and an ultrasound...

We were there for over 4 hours! This after already spending 2 hours at the Drs office. I am exhausted...

After the tests, they decided to let me go (thank God) and said everything looked good. It was so scary though...you don''t want to be in L&D before it''s time!. They didn''t even want to give me water just "in case" they needed to act quickly on a procedure (meaning deliver the babies!).

They said I had a few contractions during the time I was there (plugged in to the monitors for 2 long hours). I didn''t feel a thing though!. Both babies were reactive during the tests so that''s good. Both their heart rates dropped a bit for like 4 minutes but they said that''s normal and it bounced right up...it could have been that I changed positions and they maybe squeezed their cords or something.

On the ultrasound they both looked absolutely perfect (and if I may say so myself, gorgeous!...we took a peek at their chubby little faces!)....they both got 8/8 for scores, so they passed with flying colors (they measure them on heart rate, breathing and movement)

In any case, I''m home now...SO TIRED!!!. I did learn a valuable lesson: never get an afternoon NST!

I had a serious talk with the boys because we just can''t keep on failing these tests!!!!

Oh and I managed to gain 4 lbs in 6 days, I seriously don''t understand how this happens!

Ok, that''s my update...off to the couch now to watch Jay Leno!.

M~

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine- Sorry about your long night. So glad that both boys ended up passing with flying colors, though. Enjoy Leno and get some rest!

Anyone have a baby book they love? I need to get one and can''t find one I love....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, phoenix and natalina.

That is one darling baby, Sapphire.

Vis, not sure this matters but Finn really seems to be rising in popularity, at least where I live (Southern CA). I hear it a lot now in the newborn set. It''s not top 10 or anything, but overall its'' popularity has been rising extremely fast in the past several years.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire - Your son is beautiful!
30.gif

Kimberly - CONGRATS! How are you feeling so far?

visla - Gorgeous nursery. About your waking/not waking and other feeding concerns, here's what was recommended in our prenatal class. You don't have to wake the baby to feed him; rest when he's resting and feed him when he's awake. Introducing a bottle and/or a pacifier is not recommended before 4-6 weeks so there is no confusion between the rubber nipple and the breast; when bottles and pacifiers are introduced too early, the baby may end up refusing to breastfeed.

so cal girl - There is a government-based paternity leave system in Quebec, and DH would be allowed to take 5 weeks off at 70% of his salary. He hasn't taken any holiday since he started his new job in March, so he'll take that first after the 5 days off that are required to be paid by the company by provincial law. So he'll have 3 full weeks paid for sure. Despite the system in place, he may not take the additional 5 weeks because money is kind of tight. I'll have 18 weeks at 70% salary, then 32 weeks at 55%. I might ask my mom to come and help for a couple of weeks once he's back to work, if she can.

vesper - I started showing early, but took me a while to start gaining weight. At 16 weeks I already had a good bump and had only gained 6 pounds... 5 weeks later I was up to 12 pounds! I wouldn't worry, if you're like me you'll start gaining soon, and fast! I have an appointment tomorrow, we'll see where I'm at at 25 weeks.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/14/2009 5:10:28 PM
Author: steph72276

Hey! Thanks for all the advice. I called the doc and told them what was going on, and they wanted to see me as a precaution...so I just spent the last 3 hours driving and waiting to get in. Anyway, the little one was stubborn and they couldn't find the heartbeat at first, so I was pretty worried, but they finally found it and everything was good. She checked my cervix and it was still closed, so good news. She said I was a little dehydrated and that could cause cramps, which makes sense b/c I was running around like crazy over the weekend and probably didn't get enough liquids and it is hot here in FL. Sooo, I just have to drink lots of liquids. Whew, this little boy is already causing mommy stress! Anyway, thanks again for all the advice!

I meandered over to this thread earlier today when I learned that Mara and anchor31 were expecting. I saw that you had concerns, Steph, so I came back to see how you were doing. I am so glad that all is well. Does swimmer also post to this thread? I just learned tonight that she is expecting, too.

AGBF
34.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey All, I''m fasting tonight for my glucose test in the morning. Can I drink water???? I thought I read about it online before but I can''t find it now. Thanks!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, I''m not sure that Swimmer''s started posting here, but she gives little miniature updates on the TTC thread. I ask her baby stuff all the time... Excited for her!!
9.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
boys boys boys... stop scaring your mama! what exactly does the NST test measure? i'm so jealous that you get to see your boys all the time. my midwife practice follows a 'less is more' approach. saw the bean at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan, and one more time (b/c my GF is my midwife and she wanted to take a peek ;-) but typically i wouldn't see the babe again until delivery. anyhoodles, i'm glad everything turned out ok and you didn't become a 'mom' last night... stay put a few more weeks boys.... i can't believe we are so close.... i think i'm only about 2 weeks ahead of you, but think we'll probably end up having our babies close to one another :)

kimberly - interesting re: finn.... i'm in the midwest and 'finn' is as popular here as naming your baby apple
3.gif
- but good to know all the same. i think it might be a liiitttlleee out there for my comfort level.

last night i tried to ask the nugget what he wanted to be named... weird, he didn't answer... does anyone else feel like choosing a name is harder than, say, deciding to have a baby?? i have so much anxiety about it.

anchor - i did read that we should wait to introduce a bottle until 4 weeks. my sister swears her kids 'never took a bottle' - which is why i'm freaked out. my gf also had a really hard time getting her daughter to take a bottle and BF - i think that's why i have anxiety about it. it would be AWESOME if DH could take over a night feeding after a few weeks... and if babe would take a bottle so i could be more mobile... i guess only time will tell... and stressing about it now doesn't help
3.gif

i don't really have anything else to update about. i did get up this morning and realized i have 2 pairs of pants that fit and huffed my way thru getting ready. DH, who doesn't get up the same time as me, made a comment about how much noise i was making - to which i exploded "you try getting ready when 4 things fit and you work where i work (at a clothing company)!" i maaaaayyy have said an expletive and mentioned that i was over being PG.
6.gif
aaaaaaand immediately felt guilty for saying anything when i'm so lucky to be pg in the first place. but, yeppers.... i think i'm about ready to have this baby.... the lack of sleep, the backache, the heartburn, the peeing, the clothes, the anxiety, the inability to put on underwear like a normal humam
3.gif

great.. now i feel guilty again.... sorry baby
15.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 8:35:41 AM
Author: vizsla

kimberly - interesting re: finn.... i'm in the midwest and 'finn' is as popular here as naming your baby apple
3.gif
- but good to know all the same. i think it might be a liiitttlleee out there for my comfort level.

last night i tried to ask the nugget what he wanted to be named... weird, he didn't answer... does anyone else feel like choosing a name is harder than, say, deciding to have a baby?? i have so much anxiety about it.

but, yeppers.... i think i'm about ready to have this baby.... the lack of sleep, the backache, the heartburn, the peeing, the clothes, the anxiety, the inability to put on underwear like a normal humam
3.gif

great.. now i feel guilty again.... sorry baby
15.gif
Vizsla- I live in the midwest too- for some reason I thought you were in the Southwest... anyhoo, I agree with Kimberly that Finn is gaining popularity fast. I just think it's so cute. I understand the whole comfort level thing, though. My mom is pushing hard for Zoe, and while I think it's very cute, it just seems like it's trying too hard or something. I definitely think the name is the hardest decision with all of this.

I am having a harder time with sleeping, etc too. Belly is the only thing that's getting bigger so clothes are okay, although I have noticed that even some of my maternity tee's are getting a bit too short now, so I layer a tank under them to avoid the belly sticking out below the hem. Nice. Strange because I really am not all that big still. I think I just have a really long torso. Isn't it crazy how much the belly gets in the way of normal things like rolling over in bed, putting on pants, putting lotion on your feet? I never realized before how uncomfortable it would be. I think because the uterus is so full and hard, it makes it like a basketball in there, not squishy like if you were ust overweight. This whole process is still so crazy to me. I do think it's good it gets like this towards the end to help with wanting the baby out, because I am still freaked out about that as well. I know it will be okay, but I just can't imagine being a mom yet! Scary since it really could happen anytime!

Don't feel guilty. I know we've all been frustrated or overtired at this point. I know the overtired part is just going to get worse, but I cannot wait to feel "empty" again (notice I did not say "thin" because I am not under the delusion that baby will pop out and I'll be back to my normal size
3.gif
). Oh, to be able to eat more than 3 bites without feeling like I swallowed a whole turkey!

ETA: Sunkist- I am sure I'm too late too help, but water is fine when fasting for glucose test.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist:

I drank water, but since my appointment was so early (8:30am our time, took the drink at 7:30am) I wasn''t wanting anything. I did stop eating/drinking at about 7pm the night before, though. Gross: I didn''t even brush my teeth that morning, my doc said even sugarless gum can affect results. I hope you pass!!! (I should also mention that my doc said that I could eat a high protein breakfast with no carbs)

Viz: I hear you on the name thing. We are lucky it''s a girl since we''ve had that name picked out for what seems like centuries. I was freaked out when we had to come up with a boy name- it''s basically because you''re choosing your child''s FUTURE. I guess I think a name really determines a lot about you (said AMBER- the only one in my school growing up) and it''s something they''re going to keep forever! It''s not like they can come out and veto whichever choice you make. Ugh. There are so many different things to consider: how it sounds with the middle or last name, possible nicknames, possible celebrities with the name, how trendy it is, morons with the name... I know I''m making this more stressful for you!! SORRY!!

Natalina: I noticed one of my maternity tanks was a little short in the front this morning. Unfortunately, I''m already wearing it.
20.gif
I totally know what you mean about bending over. Yesterday was the first time it was PAINFUL to bend over (I was picking up a lucky penny!), it''s just such a basketball that I get frustrated that I can''t shape it or move it around. I feel huge, then I realize I have ten more weeks to get bigger.
23.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
nat - nope... i''m smack dab in the midwest... i guess ''technically'' i''m in the northeastern midwest .... i''ve been trying to get out for YEARS
3.gif
but that darn cost of living and having family and friends close by keeps me right here ;-) i actually tried moving overseas for awhile, and always thought i''d end up in germany or something..... ahhhhhhhhh, the good ''ol days :) it''s why i''m sooo jealous you are moving to chicago... i luuuuvvv chicago... i think it''s just the perfect big city :)

lol about feeling full after 3 bites..... it''s CRAZY right? i''m sooooo starving and then sooooooo full in about 2 mins.... oh, and then sooooooo starving again :)

and i totally get you.. i''m not really big - long torso too - so up until this point i''ve been totally cool with everything.... and could still tie my shoes, pick up dog poo from the yard, no problem.... i don''t know what happened in the past week but i''m doing a lot more knee bends to pick up things and actually had to have DH put my sandals on my feet for me this weekend.... darn buckle!

:)

sorry - it''s def. the lack of sleep talking today...... or complaining.... or babbling....
ugh, i should get something productive done today
39.gif
39.gif
do naps count?
2.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:28:35 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Sunkist:

Viz: I hear you on the name thing. We are lucky it''s a girl since we''ve had that name picked out for what seems like centuries. I was freaked out when we had to come up with a boy name- it''s basically because you''re choosing your child''s FUTURE. I guess I think a name really determines a lot about you (said AMBER- the only one in my school growing up) and it''s something they''re going to keep forever! It''s not like they can come out and veto whichever choice you make. Ugh. There are so many different things to consider: how it sounds with the middle or last name, possible nicknames, possible celebrities with the name, how trendy it is, morons with the name... I know I''m making this more stressful for you!! SORRY!!

23.gif

darn freakonomics
3.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
lol.. ok i''m cracking myself up over here... this is my last random post of the day.
buuuuttttttt. does anyone else get freaked out when they see a ''sell by date'' on food that is close to their due date? like, i just got out some fage
18.gif
and the sell by date was 2 days before my due date. just makes it all seem soo close...
organic milk freaks me out too.... we have a 1/2 gallon at home that has a use by date of oct. 20th..... soooooo weird...

ok, over and out!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, I''ve been nauseous since week 4; it seems to be tapering off and it hasn''t been awful. It''s typically in the evenings and I retch a lot but no throwing up.

Vis, the boy name came quite easy for us (picked before I was pregnant). We''ve got a list of about 6 girls names and I told the husband if it comes out a girl I''m going to say each name until she responds to one and whichever she picks is it. I have a different favorite all of the time, and the husband didn''t like one of them and then fell in love and I was like "Wait, I''m not certain that''s the right name yet!" It''s a good thing he''s patient.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
viz don''t feel guilty. I am over being preggo and i am only halfway. i would like to skip fwd to the part where we have the little creature already!!! (after the birth of course). It is hard to feel like your body is not your own (and who likes a hairy belly?).

re: taking the bottle and feeding... i was talking to a friend who has a son and is preggo again and about to pop. she said that her son had a horrible time wanting to take a bottle and her doctor finally told her... here''s the deal. you need to leave the house. the kid can smell your milk. and your husband has to sit there while you are gone and make him take the bottle. so she said it was super hard, but she left the house for like 2-3 hours and went to the mall. her husband took him outside in his bouncer (take him out of routine the dr said) and put him on the patio table. then tried with the bottle. so it was (a) unfamiliar routine (b) unfamiliar feeder (c) mom wasn''t around and kid couldn''t smell the milk he''d much prefer to have from the boob. she said it worked after about an hour, and yes he cried a lot but her husband was like ''we are doing this'' and it worked. so after that they didn''t have issues.

i always find stuff like that super interesting. she said as the mom the dr said you are conditioned to not want to hear the baby cry, not want to ''deprive'' them etc etc but bottom line is that if the kid is THAT hungry it will eat from whatever. but mom''s really won''t want to let that get to that point. so i thought it was interesting using the hub who was more ''steeled nerves'' kinda thing to help out. good teamwork.

sapphire, your little nugget is sooooo cute. i love the hat!!! and that pic with daddy is adorable. kimmy, i walked yesterday so i broke my streak of ''doing nothing but laying on the couch'' yay. i felt extremely sore last nite in my uterus too, boo.

steph so glad that all is well. i haven''t felt much movement in the last day or so but yesterday i swear he kicked me right in my bladder. i was like ''thanks buddy''...hahaha. but i''ve made a mental decision to not be so paranoid, it''s too draining... at this point, halfway through i know chances of something bad happening are extremely slim so i figure i''ll just try to ''enjoy'' as much as possible because i think the time will pass quickly, esp with holidays coming up! hang in there!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Bottles... I introduced a bottle when Daisy was 5 days old and did mixed feeding until 5 weeks when I was fully breast-feeding. Since then she has had the odd bottle and will also drink from a cup.

Never had any issue with nipple/teat confusion - but I did use a breast-shaped bottle and a slow-flow teat so she has to work at it a bit. Daisy was okay with formula at first but spits it out now unless I''m not around and there''s no other option!

My mother/baby bonding person says that she rarely sees nipple/teat confusion but does see babies who refuse to take a bottle if it''s introduced late - her advice is from 2 weeks giving the odd feed of expressed milk in a bottle.

Books - I like the Baby Whisperer and the EASY routine. My life just wouldn''t work with a strict schedule and I think some babies just wouldn''t cooperate! I would NEVER wake a sleeping baby unless they went over 5 hours in the first few weeks! You could always feed them without waking them up...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Viz and Natalina!

I''m so exhausted today....can''t even concentrate at work.

Viz, don''t feel bad about thinking that way sometimes...you actually read my mind...word. by. word.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara and Amber for the info on the headaches. I find the caffeine thing very interesting and since I still have soda around (since the second tri) I have been having one when I feel a headache coming on. Luckily I haven''t gotten a migraine lately (I get the kind with the weird lights, lose feeling in my body parts or feel numbness,ect) so I''m at least happy about that. What is so odd is I can be sitting and feeling fine, but the second I stand up BAM my head is pounding again.
14.gif

viz~I didn''t realize you are a photographer!! That makes it even funnier about your belly pics....can''t wait for this weeks. he he.

Steph~So glad everything is okay! I went through an almost exact situation a couple weeks ago to the point where my cramps were so bad it felt like contractions but everything looked fine and I have been told I must drink 80 oz of water a day now!!
23.gif

Kimberly~Congrats!!!

vesper~I started looking "chunky" way earlier with this pregnancy (second) as well. Unfortunately getting to that point faster hasn''t meant I''ve gotten to the point where actually look preggo faster. What can ya do, though.

Re: introducing bottles/pacifiers, I agree with Pandora. We introduced a bottle at 4 or 5 days and never had any problems with nipple confusion. We then introduced a pacifier at around 1.5 weeks and it was a savior and again no nipple confusion. If anything, I was worried about her not wanting to take a bottle at all if I nursed exclusively without introducing a bottle and then when I had to go back to work, her starving to death.
41.gif

Hi to everyone else!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results