shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Vizsla ~

We are having a hard time with boy names, too! I also like Wesley, but my DH isn''t crazy about it. Have you considered Weston? It''s a similar name, but sounds more masculine (I think rugged) and is a little different. It''s one of our forerunners right now. Good luck!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 2:30:04 PM
Author: vizsla

anyone care to do a little name ranking for me? DH and i have had the worst time going back and fourth with names.... he hates what i like, and he doesn''t suggest any.... anyhoo... what are your thoughts on the following.

(in no particular order - and i take no offense to any comments - middle name is Joseph)

Leo
Carter
Wesley
Miles
Samuel (Sam)
Elliott
Charles (Charlie)
Colin
Viszla, my DH did the EXACT same thing when we were trying to pick a name for DS - he hated all my names, but didn''t have any suggestions
emotion-39.gif

Finally, I just ended up bringing a list of 10 names that I liked to the hospital - and when we saw his little face, it was easy to pick the first and middle names - they just fit him, and we both agreed. So, maybe that would work for you guys ...

I LOVE a bunch of the names on your list - my faves are probably Colin and Miles. But I don''t think that you could go wrong with any of them - they are all great names!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 5:32:29 PM
Author: natalina
All the bellies are so cute!

Viz- I love baby cheapskate. Do you do babysteals.com or mambargains.com? They are awesome deal-a-day websites. I have ordered so many things off of babysteals! As for names, my fave is Miles Joseph. I LOVE Miles!!!

ETA: Viz- I know how you feel about finally feeling like you are ready to get the baby out. I decided my wall was the 36-week mark. I am still ok, but just getting markedly slower and more uncomfortable. Sitting, sleeping, walking, just not so comfortable anymore! Still, though, the concept of having a little baby to care for is crazy to me! In a good way...

QT- I really think girl too, but I am usually wrong!

Just had our 36 week check-up. Strep B test and first internal- eek! Strep was piece of cake, internal was not fun, but ok. Doc said I am about 1 cm dialated and my cervix is ''50% thinned-out''. I think that means 50% effaced? Stay put, little girl, we have a trip to Chicago to look for houses next weekend and then our birthing class the FOLLOWING weekend! Oh, and still no closer to settling on a name! I know I have asked before, but any opinions? Middle name is Lake, last name rhymes with Connor.

In no particular order:
Ellison (Ellie)
Emerson (Emme)
Emery (Emme)
Avery
Kennedy
Reese
Mia
Hi Natalina! All the names are really beautiful, but my faves are Ellison, Emerson and Mia. Any would be a great name for the baby though!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your bellies really look fantastic, ladies! I might try to take a picture for next week, I''m guetting bigger every day it seems!

We had our prenantal class all day yesterday. The nurse was a bit over excited, but she knew her stuff and we did learn some useful things so it was good. I''m not so worried about L&D than caring for an infant, though, so I definitely would have preferred a whole day on infant care than just an afternoon.

I''d like to have your opinion... I love sushi. And I mean LOVE it. I read that I can have it while pregnant so I''ve been limiting myself to veggie rolls and stuff, but then yesterday the nurse said we shouldn''t even have it while breastfeeding! Avoiding risks of parasites while pregnant is definitely something I understand, but I''m not sure I understand what risk could be passed on through the milk. I''ll do some research, but just in case anyone already had info on the subject...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Miles too, it's one I am starting to consider. The other night at dinner I pulled up a list of names on my iPhone and we went through them at dinner hahaa. It is funny how both of us really have the hardest time with boy names. There are two that I really like, one that I LOVE but Greg is not totally keen on it...and our camp of friends and family are split between the two of them. So hopefully we can come up with a few more and at least have 5...and then we'll prob do the same thing you did vesper, take them with us and make the decision when we see him. Even though in my mind the one I really love ... I could easily see that for him.

Did some organization this wkd, we put in ceiling garage storage which now enables us to start packing up and organizing things out of the guest room and into the garage storage, so we can clear out the room for starting to get the baby stuff in October. There are also a few other things we have to do to the house to make it really what I want it to be, aka some exposed long kitchen shelving for wine glasses and bottles, and hanging a few more things that are just sitting on the floor. I want to get all this done by Nov/Dec so that the house is 'done' and the baby room is 'done' and we can just relax through holidays. Also I know once the baby comes we won't be wanting to do anything aesthetically to the house (sleep will be priority!), so better do it now!

also viz...i like Wesley (princess bride!) but it doesnt sound good with our last name and I like Ashley for a guys name too.

anchor... i think the idea with bf is that you're passing things to your baby through the milk. you continue to pass your immunities and things like that right? (i think). so i would think you can also pass sicknesses or similar? i am not sure exactly HOW strict to be with stuff like that though. my friend who didn't eat sushi or drink during preggo did both after, while bf'ing..and she had no issues. i have had sushi a few times while preggo, what my dr told me is that if it's a place you have been to like 1000 times and are super familiar with and have not ever gotten sick, chances of getting sick now are extremely low. but don't be all adventurous and try new places while preggo. just limit your chances in general. and i know a ton of peeps who abstained from sushi while preggo who ate it after (as in right after even!) and had no issues.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 3:12:00 PM
Author: anchor31
Your bellies really look fantastic, ladies! I might try to take a picture for next week, I'm guetting bigger every day it seems!

We had our prenantal class all day yesterday. The nurse was a bit over excited, but she knew her stuff and we did learn some useful things so it was good. I'm not so worried about L&D than caring for an infant, though, so I definitely would have preferred a whole day on infant care than just an afternoon.

I'd like to have your opinion... I love sushi. And I mean LOVE it. I read that I can have it while pregnant so I've been limiting myself to veggie rolls and stuff, but then yesterday the nurse said we shouldn't even have it while breastfeeding! Avoiding risks of parasites while pregnant is definitely something I understand, but I'm not sure I understand what risk could be passed on through the milk. I'll do some research, but just in case anyone already had info on the subject...
Anchor, I ate all types of sushi and sashimi the whole time I was pregnant and still do now. It was okayed by all the doctors I saw as well.

If by some chance you were to get a parasite from the fish (which would be unusual from sushi fish which is normally frozen for 24 hours before use) then it might make you unwell if you were severely malnourished and then it might then affect your milk... otherwise it strikes me as a load of scaremongering!

They were iffy about me taking an antiepileptic while bfing and I did a load of research and discussed it with so many neonatoloists/pharmacists/pain consultants etc and in the end opted to keep taking it as there was no evidence of problems. I also take a lot of opiates and less than 1% passes through breastmilk - compared with the 80% Daisy was getting via the placenta.

On the infant care - seriously there is not that much you can learn in a class unless they give you a real live baby! Bathing a dolly is a whole other world from wriggly, soapy babies that can't hold their heads up! But strangely enough you pick everything up so quickly - even DH could change a nappy like an expert by day 2!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Anchor
There are only a few viruses that can be passed through BM, such as HIV and Hep C. Most everything else can''t be passed to breastfed babies through BM. I ate plenty of sushi while I was breastfeeding. I don''t really understand the reason for not doing it.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, you look great!!!!...for me the downhill started before 32 weeks...but I have to say that it kinda goes in waves. Some days I feel pretty good, while other days I''m just tired, grumpy and hurting!. So the good days make up for the bad ones ;-)

Natalina, I like Mia!
30.gif

Qti, that''s a bummer about the gender and no pics!!. The good part is you''ll get to see the little one again...whcih is always fun!

Anchor, in my breast-feeding class they said the only thing they recommend limiting is dairy (to avoid a gassy baby!), coffee (one cup a day) and they said you could have one small glass of wine without having to worry about pumping and throwing it away (if you''re having more than that then they recommend pumping before so you have enough for a full day and then pumping and throwing away the milk from the day after). Other than that they said you can have sushi, deli meats, etc...whatever your heart desires!

I''m having a lazy Sunday...but yesterday we got most of the nursery done! I''ll post a few pics later this week!. I posted some on "that" other site...so you can check them out if you''re my friend ;-)

Tomorrow is my second NST! I hope the boys pass!!!

M~

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
My parents put their name down on the waiting list for our crib set. The Navy Exchange was having a huge sale--Crib, Changing Table and dresser for under $300. The set sold out in one day---but they are taking a waiting list---We are like number 10 on the list, hopefully it won''t be too long of a wait.

My sister is moving out mostly today---She''ll probably spend one more night here and then move the rest of her stuff out tomorrow.

Which means the nursery can get started! I''m so excited.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww, love the bumps, ladies! Happy baby growing to you all!
9.gif

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
HELLO LADIES!!!!!!! My son Logan Jack was born 9/12/09 @ 5:03pm 7.15lbs 21in! He has lt brown hair and blue eyes. he has both our hair color, his daddys eyes and ears, and my nose and chin. We get to come home tomorrow...so i''ll post more in a day or so... but i had a 17hr labor, made it to 7cm''s without ANY meds, not even an IV. Then gave in an got an Epi. Pushed for 2 1/2 hrs...started to tare so ended up w/an Episiotomy (sp?) We are SOOO in love w/our lil guy! and he BF''s like a CHAMP! Got it on the 1st try and feeds atleast 20-30mins each feeding. sorry, i tried to post a pic... but this laptop doesnt have a program to resize pics...so i''ll have to keep you in suspense...anyway...IM A MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
AHHH! Congrats Sapphire! Can''t wait to see pictures of Logan

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire
36.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Eeee yay Sapphire! I''m so excited for you! And thank goodness he came on his own - I can''t wait to see him! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats sapphire!! light brown hair and blue eyes, heartbreaker!! enjoy your new little man!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire! Welcome Logan! Can''t wait to see pictures!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire, Logan sounds beautiful!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire!!

vizsla~Oh, yea, I'll join ya in the work bathroom belly pics! I love the toilet in the background in yours!

I love all the belly pics! We have a ton of super cute preggos!!

Has anyone experienced constant headaches? I'm having multiple headaches a day and have even had a couple migraines. I do usually get migraines (maybe 1 every couple months) but didn't get one while I was pregnant or BFing T so I was pretty surprised by it. My migraine medicine isn't safe to use while preggo, either.
7.gif
Yuck.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk, i have gotten some headaches. i am typically not a headache person so i didn''t know what to do (i would typically just take advil)... but my friend who got some migraines during pregnancy told me that her dr told her that caffeine helped immensely. so if i feel a headache and it''s not going away i just sip on a coke. usually it only takes about 1/2 the coke or less before i feel better, it''s amazing how it helps almost immediately. my friend staved off a few migraines with coke. anyway just a thought...since i won''t take tylenol since i feel like it is useless. i think you can have like 200-300mg of caffeine a day (conflicting reports), and a 12 oz can of coke is something like 80 or 90?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire! Can''t wait to see him!

Burk, Mara is right about the caffeine. I got migraines pre-preg pretty badly, and constantly took Excedrin migraine, which had both aspirin and caffeine. Since I can''t take it now, I take two Tylenol Rapid release with a coke and it goes away. Supposedly, migraines can get worse when pregnant, I don''t know. I just know my migraines also come with huge blind spots and all sorts of neurological issues. Not fun. Anyway, definitely try a coke. Good luck!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for your input on sushi. I don''t think I could hold off more than 9 months...

Sapphire - CONGRATS!
36.gif
Logan, welcome to the world. Can''t wait to see pictures!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire. Welcome Logan.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Sapphire. Welcome Logan Jack!!! He sure sounds like a cutie. You must be thrilled. Can''t wait to meet the littl guy. Enjoy this special time Mommy!!!
35.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Saphire!! His name, Logan Jack, I love it!! Can''t wait to see his sweet little face. Glad you guys are in love
2.gif
30.gif

I feel like I''m stretching and growing again tonight. Can I grow any more?? YES
9.gif
Oh, yes I"m sure I can. This is really making laying in bed with my laptop difficult though
3.gif

Hey have you guys seen the Aden & Anais swaddle wraps at Target?? They are like $10 cheaper than buying them online! I picked up a 4 pack cause I thought it was a good deal. I have a friend that loves those blankets and recommended them. I wondered if the Target ones are different quality than their regular ones. I wouldn''t think they''d do that though.

Mandy can''t wait to see your nursery!
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS Sapphire!! welcome to the world Logan!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Saphire!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
can''t wait to see pics!!!

I just opened a new thread for baby nurseries since the other one is still locked!. I figured it''s nice to have all the nurseries in one place for inspiration!. I hope you guys like it
5.gif

Today is my second NST!!! Wish me luck! I hope the boys pass today!...

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
congrats sapphire!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
GAH! thank you all so much on your name suggestions. last night DH and i took turns crossing off a name on our list that we didn't 'love' until we had a solid list of 3 to take with us to the hospital. wanna know what they are????

we currently have:

samuel (sam) joseph/'roadway' - agreed blen, this is more top 10 then i would have liked, but like you said, i think it's a classic/staple name, similar to an emily or elizabeth :)
charles (charlie) joseph
leo 'roadway'
AND the total wildcard, which DH *suggested* last night (totally out of his character, but i kinda like it) IS finn 'roadway'

we have a VERY irish last name and had we had a girl DH wanted to name her maeve (mae) -- he really wanted an irish first name (but then crossed off colin and liam from my list
26.gif
)

do we hate finn? i think it's kinda cute/different -- but am worried that it's a little *much*. oh yeah, and the FIRST name DH crossed off was wesley.... UGH!!!
14.gif

nat - i LOVE emerson and reese!! i know of one girl who named her daughter (2yo) avery - and i also went to school with an avery, but he was a boy
3.gif
. either way, your list has some GREAT names on it! you are moving right? so your boss won't be your boss forever... so yeah, nothing to worry about there ;-)

sunkist i'm dreading the 'downhill' from here too!!!! i can see it happening - but in a way that's good, probably helps to get more prepared to have this little one ... because right now i'm perfectly fine with him on the inside
3.gif

pandora, qt, socal - yeah i was just as surprised that she mentioned something to me about how much weight i've gained. when i told my sister, she was livid. i think what's even more strange is that for my entire adult life i was X weight. i started working out before my wedding and lost a good chunk of weight which i kept off until getting PG. so, the weight i've gained only puts me about 7 lbs higher than i have been for the past 13 years or so. (which has also made it nice b/c i have lots of pants that fit ;-) anyhoo... i thought it was a strange too.

sapphire CONGRATULATIONS!!! i can't wait to see pictures!! and OMG girl.. 2.5 hours of pushing.... aye yey yeeah
6.gif

burk lol... i always forget to take pictures at home - the real kicker is that i'm a photographer... go figure.

OK, so as promised... here are some pictures of the finished babe's room. i have my final baby shower this sunday! and then DH and i are going out to buy the rest of the items on the registry. i'm so excited to have everything and really really really start preparing for this bugger
5.gif

for the moms out there.. i'm reading so many conflicting reports about waking baby to feed vs. not waking baby to feed. thoughts?

happy monday
3.gif

vizbaberoom1.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
these are DH''s built ins.
30.gif
30.gif
he also made a little hamper with a door to the far left (hard to see) where the wall comes down (we live in a cape that has all of these crazy roof pitches).

30.gif
30.gif

vizbaberoom2builtins.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
crib and changing table/dresser - DH made the changing table topper :)

and umm yeah, those are my dog's legs in the air... sometimes she thinks she's a cat.

vizcribchangingtable.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results