shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Cara,

Thinking about you, lady. Hoping for a miracle and praying for your strength and your husband''s strength, whatever the outcome is.

(By the way, never feel like those who''ve been trying longer are upset when someone gets pregnant right away; we rejoice over each pregnancy!! And I''m thinking very positive thoughts for you, knight girl!!)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, a baby boy!! Yay!! Your mommy instinct (and stalking of the videos) was correct afterall!! Yay!!!
9.gif
He''s a cutie!

Peony,

TWO boys! YIPPEEE!!! I was finally right (at least half right) about the gender for one person on here! Awesome!! So excited for you....

Sunkist,

You''re having a boy, too? Congrats, lady!! How was your babymoon? Is there a thread about that out there somewhere?

November,

You''re far enough along to know the gender already? Golly... time flies! I think I remember reading that it''s a girl... is that right? Congratulations!!

So excited for all of my preggo friends!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Robbie!

lili

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats Robbie and welcome to Desmond!
Can''t wait to "meet" your little guy and hear your story.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Robbie! Welcome Desmond to our world!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Robbie and Mr. Robbie!!!
Welcome Desmond!!!
Can''t wait for the pics and birth story.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Robbie, Mr. Robbie and Desmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
36.gif

I can''t wait to read the birth story!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done Robbie!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just talked to Robbie, and she and baby Desmond made it through their first night! I got some more details about her labor, and she was able to go natural! She was having some back labor, and she said the worst parts were when she had to be hooked up to the monitor because moving around was what really made her able to get through the contractions. She is having some trouble breastfeeding, but I''m sure it''ll get easier! She''ll be in the hospital till tomorrow, and she''s working on writing out her birth story, but hasn''t gotten a chance to finish it yet.

As for me, I woke up this morning with this stupid PUPPPS rash spreading even more and it''s really getting to be unbearable. It''s spread to my hips and thighs and arms, and the worst is where my clothing/underwear hits, and there doesn''t seem to be much I can do about it.

Mrs, thanks for that link. I''ve tried a lot of the stuff suggested (and ordered pine tar soap), but I have a feeling nothing is really going to work. Unfortunately, I can''t be treated with the steroids that some said make it go away because of the GD. I don''t know how I''m going to make it through 5 more weeks of this!

And without further ado...here''s Desmond Jacob!

BabyDesmond.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Cara - I''m so sorry for your loss.
39.gif
7.gif
I''m thinking of you and praying for strength for you and your DH.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear everything went well...and Desmond is so cute!!! Adorable!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sabine, thanks for the updates....gosh I am so sorry about the rash
7.gif
it sounds really painful!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie and Mr. Robbie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Desmond Jacob is an adorable little munchkin!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Looking forward to hearing your birth story!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Robbie!
36.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
robbie - A Boy!! it IS raining men! congrats on your little one, he's adorable! hope recovery is swift.. can't wait to hear your story.
36.gif

cara - i'm so sad for you too
39.gif
i hope you will heal quickly both emotionally and physically. i'm so sorry.

tao & nov! - way to bring some pink into this thread! congrats!

china - funny... i'm not blond either :) you're assumptions are right.. i have brown hair with some maaaajahhh highlights... i alternate between light light brown in the summer and dark brown in the winter... keeps things interesting
3.gif
and you are sooo lucky you haven't had any boobage increase... oh how i hate them so. i loved my little bubbies.... poor DH doesn't know what to do with them now.. i think he's more in shock and awe with them then my belly.

i also think that going to a day care really brought it home for me that we would have one of these little monsters of our own
6.gif
- it's so strange. i just tell DH every night.. pray that we have a funny kid with a sense of humor.. i love me a little smart alex.... (i know i know, be careful what you wish for :razz:

mandy - we are so close in due dates you make me so jealous you already have your crib(s) and nursery somewhat put together
21.gif
DH and i took a lithograph to be framed this weekend (holy
22.gif
22.gif
batman) and i thought i was being all smart by picking an inspiration color directly off the poster....
14.gif
looked like baby barf on the wall. back to square 1.

fiery - grrrrrrrrrrr about your MIL. mine is a little (read: a lot) pushy. we've decided not to call either set of parents until after little one arrives safe and sound for exactly what you are describing... we would have all of our town in the waiting room or on the phone b/c MIL thinks *everyone* wants to be a part of it. she has some boundary issues we need to work on. i swear she thinks i'm going to come home from the hospital and hand her the baby. i guess what i'm rambling on about is that i empathize with you... stay strong mama!

sunkist - cute belly!

sabine - icky
14.gif
pupps! hope you find relief somewhere..

as for my weekend it was busy busy... yet another wedding
3.gif
and another 2 hours of dancing... although, i think the baby likes it... he was rocking and rolling in there.

on saturday night i did notice some odd sensations in my lower belly.. but didn't think much of it. then last night after another day of walking and running around all day - when i finally sat down i noticed them again. they were like little punches in my lower belly.. almost like when you have (TMI) really large gas pains and they 'pop' in your belly.

so, of course, i get on the internet (bad viz
38.gif
) and read that BH can start about this time... and i kinda got bummed. i've read that other women are actually feeling lots of movement and that their husbands can feel movement by now... and all *i've* felt are flutters. anyhoo, then i started to freak out because i was having lots of these BH and NO flutters. of course my hormones went into overdrive ... i started crying.. DH is telling me if i'm freaked out to call the dr - which is freaking me out even more...

this morning i called my sister to tell her about my BH (which she never had) BUT she swore to me that when her babies started growing/moving more - what i was feeling was exactly the same. so now i'm thinking that i don't have BH at all and these ARE baby movements. what do you think? does it really go one day from flutters to 'big gas punches' - i tried to read the descriptions of BH but don't know if that's really what i'm feeling or not... i'm so confused.

that's all the news that's fit to print with me today. chat at you all later.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Viz,

I am moving along quickly on the nursery only because it''s twins...I think I wouldn''t even be close to moving this fast if I was having a singleton!. I''m just afraid that they may put me on bedrest or that they come early (but pray everyday they cook until they are more than ready!). I think I''m having a similar effect on my friend that''s only 2 days apart from me...she''s freaking out that I''m so far ahead, but I''m a planner and with twins I just want to make sure I get to enjoy the process!. So I think you are fine...no worries
9.gif

The baby movements feel EXACTLY how you''re describing it. Pretty soon you''ll see the belly move too...and your DH should be able to feel them!. My "bellyquakes" have gotten much much stronger everyday, but they started like 2 weeks ago. So that''s defintiely the LO moving and saying hello to mommy!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie- CUTIE PIE Desmond. Aww, so precious. Thanks for posting the pic, Sabine.

Sabine-
14.gif
on the PUPPS. As if there isn't enough making you uncomfortable. Hang in there.

V- Ha, I am "blonde-ish" as well, definitely only thru highlights. Funny, when you said you loved "smart alex", I think you were saying like smart aleck- but I read it as you were naming your kiddo "Alex" and I was like, whoa, another Alex!!! You don't know what you are having yet, right? Also, perhaps you should keep the baby barf color, less clean up for you.
3.gif
Kidding. Don't feel bad, I'm at 34 weeks and my nursery is not done or painted yet. Also, I am pretty sure you are feeling KICKS!!! Not BH. It's so hard to tell what things are by how they are described, plus it's different for everyone. BUT BH are more of a tightening, not necessarily flutters or gas pains. Though at first I thought my BH could be a different kind of kick, now I can tell and it's definitely more like a tightening. Beginning kicks do feel like flutters or gas pains/punches.
36.gif
36.gif
Soon you will DEFINITELY be able to tell that they are kicks, trust me. My guy does kung fu fighting all the time, things sticking out from my belly at odd angles.

As for me- not much to report. Had my last shower this weekend, it was a lot of fun. A friend quilted us this gorgeous quilt, it's so amazing. Took her every weekend since MARCH to finish it, how awesome is that? I think we overdid it this weekend, trying to get stuff off my to-do list- I am exhausted today, plus have bad pain in my hips and back. Had to work, then the mall plus Cost-co plus grocery store plus errands yesterday equals too much walking with extra weight. And like I've mentioned already, it's over 100 degrees here. I am getting worried I am going to end up on bed rest or in early labor, I really need to take it easy. But I just have so much to do, it's hard. Which is weird, cause generally I am a happily lazy person, doesn't take a lot of convincing for me to lay around and do nothing.
3.gif

Hope everyone's well.

Btw, where is MS. FIERY????? Hope you're just busy- or did you sneak off an have your baby too, leaving me and Sabine all alone at the top???
32.gif

ETA: Mandarine, I totally called my early kicks baby earthquakes too! That's exactly how it felt. So cute. I love the kicks.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 8:45:27 AM
Author: Sabine
Well, I just talked to Robbie, and she and baby Desmond made it through their first night! I got some more details about her labor, and she was able to go natural! She was having some back labor, and she said the worst parts were when she had to be hooked up to the monitor because moving around was what really made her able to get through the contractions. She is having some trouble breastfeeding, but I''m sure it''ll get easier! She''ll be in the hospital till tomorrow, and she''s working on writing out her birth story, but hasn''t gotten a chance to finish it yet.

As for me, I woke up this morning with this stupid PUPPPS rash spreading even more and it''s really getting to be unbearable. It''s spread to my hips and thighs and arms, and the worst is where my clothing/underwear hits, and there doesn''t seem to be much I can do about it.

Mrs, thanks for that link. I''ve tried a lot of the stuff suggested (and ordered pine tar soap), but I have a feeling nothing is really going to work. Unfortunately, I can''t be treated with the steroids that some said make it go away because of the GD. I don''t know how I''m going to make it through 5 more weeks of this!

And without further ado...here''s Desmond Jacob!
Thanks for the updat on Robbie, Sabine! What a cutie!

So sorry to hear you''re suffering so much with the PUPPS! I hope you find some relief somehow!! I remember how awful it is. Your dr can''t give you the steroid cream even if you are REALLY diligent about your diet and blood sugar? (Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I don''t know much about GD).

am04

Shiny_Rock
Robbie- He is beautiful! Congrats again!

Sabine- Sorry to hear the rash is spreading. I hope you find some relief soon.

Vizsla- I''ve never felt BH or a baby flutter, so take this with a grain of salt, but what you describe sounds more like the baby moving to me.

China- Hope you are able to get some rest tonight.

Nothing new to report here. I''m 10 weeks today. Still feeling tired, but am so thankful to have escaped the morning sickness thus far (hopefully that didn''t jinx me). Happy Monday everyone!

AM 10wk0d

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
mandy - that''s the thing.. i am *so* a planner and it''s killing me that we don''t have a lick of baby items
3.gif
- DH likes to do everything in stages.. so first he has to measure for the crown/casing/base - then he has to install it - then he has to build the built ins - THEN i can paint - THEN we can order the crib etc. PLUS he''s freaking out about me buying anything before i have a shower... men are clueless about nesting. his typical response is "don''t people buy you these things? why do you want to buy them now? can''t we just wait and see what you get at your showers?" - which makes me feel like a charity case.. but i digress. i *want* to just buy everything myself.

i''m glad what i''m feeling is just the next stage in baby movements ... i thought since the flutters decreased and these ''other'' feeling were taking over that something was wrong. it is so crazy how quickly it changes!

china - what i *really* wanted to write was that i hope we have a little smart a**
3.gif
3.gif
but tried to think of a more appropriate way to say it..
9.gif
9.gif
which, of course, i misspelled. (outing myself as the WORST speller on the planet.. thank heavens for spell check and those little red lines) and we did find out what we are having but are keeping it a secret from everyone IRL. i know, we''re weirdos.. but mainly it was b/c i didn''t want to tell my MIL
3.gif
. anyhoodles we are having a boy
5.gif
5.gif

so sorry about the heat... and it''s probably not that ''dry'' heat i hear about either is it? i''ve yet to experience this mythical dry heat :razz: i''m from the midwest and we have the humid heat. but we do have spring and fall which brings the *best* weather.. and makes it all worth while to live here when it snows for 4 months a year
3.gif
. actually, this weekend has been great weather-wise.. i dread august.. all big and pg and hot and humid
14.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations robbie...he is beautiful!!!!!

WELL ON WEDNESDAY MORNING I WOKE UP AT 5 AM AND LOST MY MUCUS PLUG...I WENT IN AND TOLD DH TO CALL OUT SICK BECAUSE I WAS HAVING SOME MILD CRAMPS....(sorry for the cap locks...hit it by accident) a half hour later he says so should i go to work----
20.gif
...i laughed and said i don''t think thats a great idea......so we take my son to his last day of "school" and drop him off....my back starts to hurt, but nothing horrible---i knew i was bneginning labor so i told dh to take me to mc donalds for a large chocolate shake because i knew it might be awhile before i ate again
9.gif
. we get home and i tried to rest as best i could but i was having mild contractions every 10-20 minutes...nothing regular...then at 1pm i went to take a shower so i could relieve some back pain. after the shower the pain got stronger--but nothing horrible like when i was in labor w/ds. my dh said why dont we just call the dr. and see what he says....so doc says come in and lets see where you are at right now........i got there...he checks me and says ....you are almost 7 cm dilated!!!! go to the hospital...i''ll meet you there
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif
23.gif
...i couldn''t believe it...dh panics and blows through some lights to get to the hospital...lol....we gotr there at around 4 pm....i got the epidural because by the time i got to the hospital the contractions were every few minutes---best invention by far
9.gif
...my doc came in checked me and said its time to push.....that was at 6:30..he broke my water, 2 pushes later and.....6:34 Sofia Alexa was born........i don''t have pics up yet, but soon.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
just want to say congrats to robbie! And once again my radar for predicting boy / girl is 100% off! What a cutie
emsmile.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
NYC, congrats! I often hear stories of how fast labor is with #2. I hope I am as lucky! Welcome Sofia!

ROBBIE, he's beautiful!

Thanks for the update SABINE! Sorry to hear about the pupps. Hang in there!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations again Robbie! Desmond is so perfect. You are such a rockstar!!
36.gif
36.gif

NYCSparkle-Congratulations and welcome to the world Sofia
36.gif
36.gif

So many babies. What a wonderful week for PS!

I''m going to catch up with everyone as soon as I can. Nothing new to report over here. I''m still 3cm/50%/-2station. I haven''t felt any contractions at all just some minor cramping. We took our childbirth prep class this weekend and we did a hospital tour. It was a really long weekend. The birthing suites are really wonderful. And the best part is that they don''t bring the baby to the nursery unless you''re a c-section mom and even then the baby onlly stays in the nursery until you have had time to recover.

Just a waiting game for us but I don''t see any activity happening any time soon.

38w today!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 12:33:00 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
congratulations robbie...he is beautiful!!!!!

WELL ON WEDNESDAY MORNING I WOKE UP AT 5 AM AND LOST MY MUCUS PLUG...I WENT IN AND TOLD DH TO CALL OUT SICK BECAUSE I WAS HAVING SOME MILD CRAMPS....(sorry for the cap locks...hit it by accident) a half hour later he says so should i go to work----
20.gif
...i laughed and said i don''t think thats a great idea......so we take my son to his last day of ''school'' and drop him off....my back starts to hurt, but nothing horrible---i knew i was bneginning labor so i told dh to take me to mc donalds for a large chocolate shake because i knew it might be awhile before i ate again
9.gif
. we get home and i tried to rest as best i could but i was having mild contractions every 10-20 minutes...nothing regular...then at 1pm i went to take a shower so i could relieve some back pain. after the shower the pain got stronger--but nothing horrible like when i was in labor w/ds. my dh said why dont we just call the dr. and see what he says....so doc says come in and lets see where you are at right now........i got there...he checks me and says ....you are almost 7 cm dilated!!!! go to the hospital...i''ll meet you there
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif
23.gif
...i couldn''t believe it...dh panics and blows through some lights to get to the hospital...lol....we gotr there at around 4 pm....i got the epidural because by the time i got to the hospital the contractions were every few minutes---best invention by far
9.gif
...my doc came in checked me and said its time to push.....that was at 6:30..he broke my water, 2 pushes later and.....6:34 Sofia Alexa was born........i don''t have pics up yet, but soon.
Congratulations NYC!!!! Welcome to the world Sofia Alexa! I hope you''re both doing well!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Viz DHs are so clueless sometimes
5.gif
. Maybe if you get one of the pieces of bedding 9and register for the rest) you can at least start thinking of the wall colors, etc. I gotta say, starting to get everything is ready makes it feel so much more real!. There are a lot of things to think about...so while I'm ahead, I think you can still try to get other stuff organized...like registering! (biggest PITA in my opinion!).

China sorry about the heat!...it's not 100 in FL, but humidity is like 350% so it's pretty miserable some days!

Where is Fiery!!!??

NYC CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the name Sofia. If we would have had two girls they would have been Gabriella and Sofia
9.gif
I can't wait to see pictures!. Sounds like it's was all pretty fast! That's great!!!
9.gif

ETA: Oh, there you are Fiery!!!!
9.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Robbie and NYC!!!
36.gif
36.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to NYCsparkle!!! And welcome Sofia Alexa!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Vizla, I think your timeline with everything sounds ok except maybe for ordering the crib/dresser. If you don''t order from someplace like Walmart or Target (in other words, a fancier place) I''ve heard that it can take a surprisingly long time for the furniture to come in. If it does come early, you can just wait to put it together until the room is ready.

There is so much baby gear to put on your registry that I think it''s ok to get yourself the decorations/accessories for the nursery or ask your mom or a close family member to get that for you now. I ordered my nursery stuff from three different websites and wouldn''t have been able to get everything I wanted from just one place, so waiting until people started buying me stuff off my registry didn''t make sense. Plus I am in full nesting mode! I''m ok with waiting for someone to get me the car seat and the Pack n Play etc., but I really want to get the nursery in place. It'' s a big project! And I''m looking forward to having it be the baby''s room and not some junky remnants of an office. I imagine going in there and sitting in the chair and rearranging the clothes until it''s just right. But like I''ve said before, I don''t think I would be worrying about it this much at 23 weeks if it weren''t for being a teacher with the summers off. This is my time to worry about this, and then in the fall when I go back to work I won''t have to.

I too think you are experiencing kicks. You even described them as punches. I just this minute saw my stomach moving for the first time! Maybe you thought they were BH because you feel them on the uterus wall, and the only other times I''ve ever felt my uterus moving are when I''ve been, well, you know . . . so uterine contractions are the closest thing to compare them to.

OK, nursery updates: rug from PBK arrived today. I resisted the urge to open it because it felt too heavy to carry upstairs myself and wanted to let DH figure out how/where to open it. We also got our lamp and the notification that our furniture is at Walmart for pickup. We just need to clear the room and paint so we can put all this stuff in. DH needs to drill a hole for the cable from one room to the next so we can move our computer desk into the guest room. Unfortunately, we are going out of town on Wednesday so everything will most likely be on hold until next week. It''s kind of frustrating because normally I would surprise DH by moving/lugging most of the stuff by myself in his absence, but I know I should be careful now. Not that I''m afraid to carry normal stuff but I realize that I shouldn''t, say, hoist up the washing machine to level it or move a heavy couch by myself like I''ve done in the past.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats NYC!!!!

Robbie, sooooo cute awwwwww :) Congratulations hon.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats NYC!!

So many posts, I don''t know how to keep up!

Sabine: so sorry about the PUPPS. That couldn''t be any more horrible to me (a lifelong eczema sufferer). I hope you get a bit of relief soon, you poor thing.

Viz: congrats on the baby punches!!

Sorry if I skipped anyone, I was out all weekend doing a bridal shower for my cousin and I''m STILL wiped.

I do have one question: I''m 19w1 day today, and I have yet to feel ANYTHING. No flutters, no swimming feelings.... NOTHING. It''s killing me. When do people USUALLY feel them. I know I''m a little more padded so they said it may take a little bit longer, but why? It''s not like I''m trying to feel anything from the outside. I have a posterior placenta, I believe, since I haven''t heard anything about it NOT being posterior. I''m just worried.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
NYC you stealth girl you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
congrats! i hope my birth is as 2 push fantastic as yours! can't wait to see pics!

phoenix- we are getting the (drumroll) ;-) olivia crib from walmart as well... i was debating between the dwell studio crib and this one.. but since the reviews are MUCH more favorable for the walmart crib that is what we are getting. my in laws have already told us they would love to buy us our crib (which is totally sweet) but right now, until the room is painted etc. we don't have anywhere to put it, ya know? as for a changing table we are getting the malm 6 drawer dresser from ikea (b/c there is no way i can give up an entire closet for the babe
3.gif
) and just buying the changing table topper from land of nod. that's the only 'furniture' that will fit in the room.. me thinks... DH is going to do built in bookcases and a toy box under the window (awwwww). this is where my stress lies. i just want him to get started so the rest of it can fall into place. every weekend is so busy for us... i can see this project dragging into september - UGH. if the trim work was done then i could paint, order crib, buy rug, set up crib, buy dresser.. nnnneeeeessssstttttt :) :)

BTW how necessary IS a rocking chair... i really don't think one will fit in the babe's room... and don't *really* want to swap out any of our living room furniture for a rocking chair... i guess i'm just wondering if they are absolutely necessary or if they are just 'nice to have'.

ETA: amber - i didn't 'feel' anything until like wk 18 and even then i didn't know if i was feeling flutters or gas. it wasn't until i really paid attention and it was the same feeling for like 2 weeks that i realized that it was the baby moving. as you probably read from my earlier post i'm no expert when it comes to baby movements so i wouldn't worry :razz: maybe just try drinking juice and laying down really still and see if you can feel anything tonight....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results