shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok off topic here, but TGal, there are some shockers in the first site you posted
23.gif

(i know, there is a special place reserved in the pits of hell for me)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just checking in on you ladies and wanted to say congrats to Tgal
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in quickly again to say CONGRATULATIONS TGAL!!!!!! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif
I didn''t see the doctor for the first time till I was 9 weeks so it''s totally normal. Just take care of yourself, get lots of rest and enjoy it! I agree with you that being relaxed may actually be the key to conceiving. I have friends who obsessed over it so much and it took them forever. DH and I had the "whatever happens, happens" attitude and it happened right away!

Anyway, glad everyone is doing well. Going back to work on Monday so I''ll have more time to post then. And I''ll definitely be back with photos of my chubby Lily!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay since we have a lot of first time mommies on here I was wondering if the more experienced moms can give us the must have lists (like how many crib sheets do you need? Do you need a bottle warmer? sanitizer? What brand of moniter? baby carrier? etc..) Not sure if it would be better in a new thread. There are just so many brands out there it is hard to know which is right.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sh*&! TGal! Congrats!!! I just posted to Tacori the other night that i needed to catch up on this thread...I just popped in here on the last page and there you are PG, you stinker! LOL! Yay! A little Tbaby! You will make one of the coolest moms ever, great news.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ok, now to go and read the last ten pages I''ve missed.
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, read them, caught up.
3.gif
Diver, you''re doing great, you have the best spirit about this pg thing and Jake is just adorable. Love the chandelier for your lil Delaney''s new room!

Ellaila: wow! The pics you''ve posted so far are just beautiful, you really are glowing and congrats on the boy/girl twins! What luck you''ve had! Plus you are just tiny, that''s something I''ll never be, and especially when I''m PG one of these years. I''m jealous!

Tacori: you made a stunning bride, and you make an even more stunning married pg gal! You''re just beautiful, sans dark tan, etc. Love the new shorter hair, it really suits you. I hope you''ve come to pay no attention to comments from your extended fam, they''re nuts in telling you that you and FI should try to get back to engagement photo looks/weight. Maybe if they ever comment like that again you should tell them you''d like to see them get back to looking like they did when they were first married, lol! J/K. Seriously, though, you look great, you''re taking great care of yourself, and you have a wonderful DH supporting you and that''s all that matters. Glad to hear your showers went well! Wish I could''ve been there for one, you are such a sweetie and I''ve so enjoyed getting to know you on PS. I remember the first time I "met" you, I think I posted something shortly after someone else did and basically said the same thing, and you chimed right in with, "I hate it when people don''t read the whole thread before they post." I thought it was hilarious, and I loved your attitude, but I didn''t want to offend you b/c I was a newbie, and you have always been so nice to me after that. Plus we are china twins! Mwuh! Big hugs.

TGal, sorry i got all excited in my previous post over your news. I just couldn''t contain myself!

St.Bride: you''re adorable, congrats on your pregnancy and hope everything continues to go well for you!

D''oh, can''t remember who else at this point, I''ve just spent a couple hours reading through the past few pages and I''m kind of overwhelmed, LOL!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mon, you are so sweet. You honestly brought tears to my eyes with your nice comments. How funny that I OFTEN don''t read the whole post before I respond now
11.gif
Haha. I guess I have less time than when I once did. I don''t remember posting that but I am sure I did. I can be sassy sometimes!
12.gif
Now I ususally just keep it in (if I am irritated by a post). You signed up 3 days before me so I was more of a newbie than you. Our two years is coming up fast! I can''t wait for you to offically join this thread! You will make a great mom!

I am surprised my FIL never e-mail me or sent me a card (after DH confronted him). It kind of disappointed me. If I knew I hurt someones feelings I would try to make it right (family or otherwise). My SIL called me right away to tell me how sorry she was for being insensitive. I KNOW I need to get over it since he is going to be in my life for a long, long time. I think they are coming in Sept for a visit so I have until then to get over it. BUT if there are anymore comments I doubt I will be as polite and as easy going as I have been. I''ll just blame it on the hormones! I do feel much better about the way I look. I feel like my belly had narrowed alittle and just rounded out. My weight gain seems to have slowed down as well. That was scary for a bit!!!

Belly buttons: has anyone''s popped (or did it?) When did it happen? Mine hasn''t yet which surprised me but it is a darker brown around it. Kind of hard to explain. It''s very shallow but still an innie. I am wondering when and if it will when it pops. Does it hurt when it does?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all....

Dixie: my dh is half jewish & I had testing for tay-sachs...(along with other stuff...but now it doesn''t make sense seeing as I''m not Jewish..., oh well...all the same blood draw & ins. covered it so who cares.)

Tgal: My OB told me its easier to get pg RIGHT after you get off the pill (actually I''ve heard it from more than 1) because your body can "hyper ovulate" that first cycle. I too got pg 2 weeks after going off the pill this time & was worried about twins...but just one little bean in there. As for the 10wk thing, well some have you come in & see a nurse at 5 wks to make sure you are taking prenatals & not eating unpastuerized foods or doing other things that could be harmful...but for the most part, they won''t see you before 10 weeks unless you have other risk factors going on (I have fibroids, history of miscarriages, over 35 etc) so I get in right away...

Add me to the list of "crampers". I felt like period cramps with all of my pregnancies....it really scared me, but I have a son & almost a daughter to show for them. lol...

Well, I''m tired...I''m off to the beach tomorrow for 2 days with a girlfriend...dh is staying home with my lil'' guy....I''ll catch you all later on in the week!

Big HI! to everyone!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, not to scare you but I was a size seven shoe, maybe seven and a half, and now three kids later I am minimally an eight and a half is the shoe runs big and usually I am a nine. I have gone to a nine and a half sometimes too. I did not want to give up some of my favorite shoes.

A lot of the stuff they test for now, both parents must be carriers of the gene, but that is not always the case. Better safe than sorry. They routinely screen for a lot more now then they did years ago, which is scary for a newly pregnant woman but worthwhile.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I had a friend who also went up a 1/2 shoe size w/each pregnancy. I like my little size 6 feet (and my shoes!) -- I hope they don't get bigger!

Thanks, Monnie!! You're sweet
1.gif
It's now been 10 days since my amnio, and they say results take 10-14 days, so I'm practically sitting on my hands to not call the doctor right now to find out the results! I have an appt. in 2 more days, so if I don't hear from him before then, hopefullly he'll have the results by then (12 days) -- waiting is so hard! One of hubby's coworkers is apparently also a palm reader, and she told him we're having two boys, so now I'll nervous that our Katelyn isn't a Katelyn after all ... which I've been worried about anyway. I probably shouldn't have even had them tell us at the u/s what they saw and just waited for the amnio results so we'd know for sure! Hubby keeps reminding me that this palm reader is really a QA software person and not to take what she says to heart but ... Oh well, whatever we get, we'll be happy. (But I really hope our girl is a girl and our boy is a boy!!)

TGal, after your post last week about twins, I looked it up online, and yeah, I found the same thing Diver said -- but again, I never read that in any of my twins forums or in my twins books and my doctor never asked about when I went off the pill (fyi, I was off for four months after being on it for 10 years), so I'm not sure it's a very common cause for twins. Also, from what I've read, having twins is least common in Asian people than for any other demographic. I know it's a lot easier to say, "don't worry" than to actually not worry, but really there's nothing you can do till your first appt., so just try to relax and look forward to that first doppler and/or ultrasound, no matter how many babies are in there -- it's thrilling and exciting and overwhelmingly fabulous!

Tacori, I saw your post in the nursery thread about your changing table -- where are you getting that from? Very cute!

So we moved this past Saturday into our new house finally
36.gif
We love it! Though the cat still isn't 100% sold on it. He's slowly getting less apprehensive, but I think it's safe to say that Saturday was not his favorite day between being locked in the bathroom for hours while the movers were there and then being put into a new house with unfamiliar smells (previous owners had two cats and a dog, and I'm sure he can still smell them) and sounds. Poor little guy. But he's def. starting to get used to it and being his normal loving Monkey self. We've got a LOT of work to do in the house, but we just love this little place. Once we get Internet connection at home, I'll try to post a few before and after shots of the living room -- that's the most drastic change so far!

Have a good day, everyone
21.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2007 8:53:42 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Okay since we have a lot of first time mommies on here I was wondering if the more experienced moms can give us the must have lists (like how many crib sheets do you need? Do you need a bottle warmer? sanitizer? What brand of moniter? baby carrier? etc..) Not sure if it would be better in a new thread. There are just so many brands out there it is hard to know which is right.
I started out with 3 crib sheets, then later realized that the crib sheet savers are a god-send. Crib sheets are a pain to pull off and pull on. Instead these are a whole lot easier because it is a quick change sheet and is also a waterproof absorbent pad. I also got three of these from:
http://www.babyabby.com/43002.html
http://www.babyabby.com/80032.html

Most crib sheets are fitted sheets that wrap tightly around the sides of the mattress. The tight fit is necessary for safety: a flat sheet, or a loose fitted sheet, can pose a strangulation risk. But the flip side of the safety factor is the "pain in the you-know-what" factor: changing a snug fitted sheet on a heavy crib mattress, which itself fits snugly against the crib slats and may even rest under attached bumpers is not an easy task. It''s particularly annoying when it''s the middle of the night and you have been rudely awakened to find your screaming and wet (but, of course, still adorable) baby lying in the equivalent of a toxic waste dump.

This flat sheet is exactly proportioned to fit across the top of a crib mattress, outfitted with several short elastic straps attached at the perimeter of the sheet. The straps are just long enough to fit around the adjacent crib slat and snap closed to form a tight loop. The sheet is securely attached (no strangulation risk), but trivially easy to put on or off (no lifting of heavy mattresses). It is composed of three separate layers: (1) a nice, soft cotton surface next to baby''s skin, (2) a super-absorbent central layer which wicks moisture away from the baby (the manufacturer claims it will absorb four cups of water) and (3) a waterproof backing to protect the mattress. The only downside is that it only comes in white and is put over your adoreable crib sheets, so no cute patterns can be seen.

Wait, I see that they now make them in colours and patterns. Lucky you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a bottle warmer but never used it. It takes too long. Instead, I would nuke a deep bowl of water, then sit a bottle in it. For those who are formula feeding, you can preboil the water and keep it hot in a large thermos. When it is feeding time, just add powder to the bottle, measure out the water, mix and serve.

Never used a sanitizer. Old fashioned soap is fine. A wee bit of germs helps build up the immune system.

As for a baby monitor, I just bought whatever is on sale.
11.gif
No idea what brand. Most likely a Fisher Price item.

Baby carriers are a life saver. I started with a Snuggli, then as baby is older, I now have a hip panda carrier.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono. Those sheet savers look really cool! 4 cups of water is a lot! I will have to look into those for sure. You think three is a good number? Did they wash well?

Ella, walmart believe it or not. For $90 bucks I figured it is a winner. That way even if I don''t use it as much as I think I will I didn''t waste too much money.

Diamondfan, the same thing happened to my mom. She went up 1/2 a size with every baby. Oh well. If my feet get bigger so be it. Luckily they are 6-6.5 now so they won''t look funny a little larger. I guess it is a good excuse to get new shoes
27.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori,
Here''s my reasoning for getting 3; one for the crib, one in case the one being used gets dirty, and a spare if another is in the wash/drying. That said, I''ve only used 2. My third is still in its unopened case. It washes well. I just hang it to dry because I wasn''t sure if it can take the heat of the dryer repeatedly. I''ve used it for baby #1 and now baby #2, so I''d say it''s holding up VERY well.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you all dont mind if I leave some thoughts. I only have time to skim so if my replies are weird thats why. Tacori, my shoe size is still the same & knock on wood I didnt get swollen feet. A lot of women do go up in size though. I read somewhere that if it happens, it only happens with the first pregnancy. Gosh, I''m already a size 9 thank goodness my feet stayed that size
11.gif
My belly button did pop out. I think it was at the end of my 6 month maybe into my 7th month. I had to take my navel ring out-it closed up which surprised me since it''s been pierced since I was 16.

As for supplies: carrier:
Bjorn- at first I didnt like it but once my husband helped me adjust it, it was perfect. Also, I wanted something he could use too since I know he wasnt going to use one of those wrap styles.

Monitor- I have a Sony monitor & I love it. We have not had one problem with it.

Crib sheets- I have a few sheets & a few waterproof mattress pads. You need a few just in case your baby spits up or has a diaper blowout. Some people like to put 2 sets of sheet/ mattress pad on so that if one gets wet you can just take off the top sheet/mattress pad & have a new set already on there.

I never used a bottle/wipe warmer. I think I would have liked a wipe warmer my daughter gets Po''d when wipes are too cool for her taste. As for sanitizing your dishwasher will work just fine. A dishwasher rack like THIS is a good idea. Medela also sells Quick clean Microwave steam bags. Each bag can be used like 20 times.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the assurance...I think I''ll actually still be in my 8th week, but I''m going in as scheduled anyway. Minus the bloating and gas, it''s still hard to believe I''m pregnant, and I want to see it with my own eyes!
1.gif

Thanks Mon, MrsS, and Curlygirl for the enthusiastic congrats! We''re warming up to the idea of TTot quite nicely...

Chrono, thanks for the tips on those sheets! I''ve bookmarked them as they seem an excellent idea. I was wondering what baby bedding was all about just the other night.

Am I the only one who isn''t gaga for baby stuff though? I hate baby showers and don''t want to have one of my own, but the one friend I told about the pregnancy told me I had to have one. I also like the idea of getting stuff secondhand, and craiglist has been fun to look through. Another friend (who doesn''t know about the PG) was disgusted when I suggested this idea saying there could be germs. I''m thinking that''s what lysol is for, not to mention lots of baby stuff seem germ proof!

Fortunately, my friend (the one who knows) has great taste and gave me a crib which is top quality. She also gave me a stroller, which amusingly I bought her for her first child. Poor Ttot, hopefully she won''t feel unloved with all the secondhand stuff...
1.gif

Diver and Ella, I haven''t seen stuff on the net about hyperovulation...just heard it from a friend. I''ll have to go and do some reading for fun. And yes, I''ve heard that we asians are less prone to twins.

Ella, I''m in anticipation with ya! Man, I don''t know how you''d do it...I''d call the doc!! And congrats on your move to the new abode.

Diver, have fun with the gals!

Jadeleaves, I''m right there with ya.
2.gif
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me, a baby will not care if everything is second hand as long as they are loved, fed, and cared for. Mine has a 2nd hand crib (but in excellent condition), a few hand me down clothes and toys. Why pay full price for these items that you''ll only be using for a year or two? As long as everything is clean, safe and in good condition, why not?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Hand me downs are great! There are some things like clothes, jumperoos, strollers, highchairs etc... that are good to get second hand. What you have to be carefull with are cribs-make sure it hasnt been recalled (This applies for anything used really) & if it''s older that the paint isnt lead based, the crib slots are not too far apart, & there are no hard adges that can catch baby''s clothes. I would buy brand new carseats since you never know if one that is second hand has been in an accident. I take a lot of hand me downs. Some women dont like second hand things & that''s fine it''s just a preference thing. My friend was like that until she went out and actually priced out the larger items she would have to buy on her own. She also asks for my daughter''s clothes when she outgrows them.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup VegasAngel, a carseat is one thing I will not skimp on and will buy new. The crib is fine, but I''ll double check on it anyway. And I''m with Chrono....the baby isn''t going to know. I''d rather save money for when they older and have definite "preferences."
2.gif

We''re putting off buying a house, since we probably will be tight on money when I am on leave. But we do have to buy a car at some point, so I guess that will be something new for the baby. Hehehe.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG, I don''t think they will let you leave the hospital without a carseat. Also we talked about this before but I would suggest getting a new mattress (since it was in someone else''s home). Besides that I think 2nd stuff is great (too bad I am the first in my family to start the next generation). Luckily x-mas is close so hopefully we can get baby stuff then (like this amazingly cool high chair I want and stuff that they don''t need for the first few months anyways)

Vegas, thanks for the advice. You always have great ideas. I was sold on the Bjorn until I read people''s complaints about the baby "hanging" and having their legs in the way for sitting and stuff. They seemed to like this other carrier where the baby actually sits. I also want to get one DH will use b/c lets face it. He is never going to want to put our kid down. I think he will be the first to go buy me a BP just so he can feed him/her too. Haha. He is nuts about kids.

Chrono, I think I may have to order two sets. I like that they seem secure since the ones that go over the sheets are a no no (according to a friend). But since those have 4 straps seems safe enough. How long do babies sleep in sleep sacks. I just got one in the mail today (3-6 months) and it seems HUGE. Just wondering if I should return it for the small.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok just quickly posting here before I get stuck into my work:

Shoe size: I went up 1/2 size, which isn't much, but enough so that most of my shoes doesn't fit comfortably .

Cot sheets: I have 3 mattress protectors, and 4 sets of cot sheets (2 sets were gifts). I only bought 1 mattress protector, and went out to get 2 more when Button was 2 months old because, trust me, you'll need them. He had a habit of spewing up (in the cot) all the milk that he had just drank, especially in the middle of the night. The site that Chrono posted is awesome, but I haven't seen anything like that over here. Those would have been good for those middle of the night change!

Bottle Warmer: We bought an AVENT set which had a bonus bottle warmer, and it was a godsend. Button didn't take to breastfeeding very well, so I expressed and gave it to him in a bottle. The instructions said you are meant to switch it on and off as u use it, but it took too long to heat, so we kept ours on the lowest setting which is the perfect temperature for warmed breastmilk. Now that he's on formula, we just leave a sterilized bottle with the amt of water we need to make up his bottle, and when it's time for his feed I just remove it and add the scoops of formula in the bottle and there's no need to wait for the bottle to heat up because it is already at the right temperature.

Sanitizer: Again, the AVENT set we bought had a 6 bottle sterilizer which was perfect for my breastpump as well. We're still using it now that Button's 10 months old, but mainly just for his milk bottles because our doctor told us we have to sterilize bottles used for formulas. His sippy cups doesn't get sterilized, just washed with detergent.

Baby carrier: Baby Bjorn. We ended up with 2. One was the active carrier, and one was the lightweight version for summer. We enjoyed using them, but stopped when Button was 6 months old because he didn't like being in it anymore. I've never used one of those hip carriers, or cloth sling ones, but wished I had one on nights when Button was being grizzly and just wants to be cuddled, because he is getting heavy now and my arms just aches when I carry him for too long walking up and down the hallway.

Baby monitor: We use a tommee tippee one because that was a gift. I probably would have liked a video monitor so I can see what he's up to now that we're in a bigger house with 2 storeys without trekking up and down everytime I hear a pip out of him.

Breastpump: You didn't ask about this, but I will recommend getting one anyway even if you are planning to breastfeed, because it's handy being able to express milk to stash away for emergencies, or just for daddy to give bub a bottle at night so they can bond and give you a break. I used the medela pump in style, and it was the most useful purchase I made, amongst all the bits I bought for Button and myself during pregnancy. I used it for almost 8 months at least 4 times daily, and it was still going strong when I stopped expressing breastmilk.

Secondhand baby stuff: As a new mum-to-be I got carried away with buying everything brand new for Button, plus doting grandparents-to-be wanted to chip in for the bigger purchases too. If I could do it over again, I won't hesitate to get secondhand stuff, but I'm with Tacori on the mattress - get a new one! Our paediatrician has actually told us to get a new one with every baby, due to SIDS. I know somewhere in this thread there might be a link posted abt SIDS and cot matttresses, so it's worth a read.

Sleeping sacks: Not sure whether sleeping sacks & bags are the same thing, but Button loves his grobag, it's like a sleep cue for him, I put him in his sleeping bag, zip it up and give him his Taggie and he just rolls on his side and goes to sleep. I will continue using a grobag till he is 18months probably!

Hope that helps!

ETA: Taggies are great, Button loves rubbing it on his face and fiddling with the littles tags with all different textures and colors.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I just ordered two of those sheets (one white, one blue) and one of their play yard sheet (I like that it is like a pillow case. Thanks again for the site!

Jade, the warmer I registered for is the AVENT so I am glad you liked it. How long does it take to heat? Did you use their bottles as well? We do have a dishwasher so I guess I could use that to sterilize everything. Though the AVENT one is under $30 so if you think it is worth it. Too many decisions and the baby isn't even here yet *eek* Which Bjorn did you like better? I registered for the active but heard the other one is better for your back (the active only good for short periods). We have two friends with the video one who love them. I was also looking into the angel one (that has the sensor) like Diver has. Did you use a hand pump or electric? I was thinking a hand would be good enough for me since I am a SAHM and don't have to pump is mass quanities. I know my mom rented one from the hospital since my brother was in intensive care for 3 months. Okay, so you think the larger sleep sack is ok? When can you use blankets in the crib? The sleeping bag link was the one for the taggies. I am thinking they are similar though. Thanks so much for all your help!!!!
9.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Tacori :)

We left the bottle warmer switched on, on the lowest setting (1) and turned it up to 3 when we needed to warm breastmilk and it warms the bottle (sometimes up to 200ml) in a minute or so. Remember you just need to warm the milk to take the chill of it, so it doesn't take long at all out of the fridge. For formula, we just left the bottle in the warmer on lowest setting and add formula to it when needed. We always have a bottle on the go in the warmer so it's always ready
2.gif
and it doesn't take much electricity because there is a thermostat that kicks in and out when needed. It has lasted 10months now!

The avent sterilizer is great, we use it to sterilize jars for preserving (jams, relish etc) & to sterilize button's bottles. I like using the sterilizer because I can just wash the bottles and sterilize them at night all at once instead of having to wait for a full load to put the dishwasher on.

I used a variety of bottles from birth to now. I started off with medela bottles because Button was only having small amts, and the avent ones that came with the sterilizer were too big (240ml). Then, because Button didn't take to breastfeeding, I was expressing and storing it in bottles and were running out of bottles, so I found this storage and dispensing system on ebay. I ordered it, and it was fantastic, because I can express and fill the bottle up to however much I want according to Button's appetite (which varied from day to day to wk) and pop it on the rack, and I always knew which bottle I needed to use first because it will be the one at the bottom (does that make sense?). When he started drinking more, I swapped to the Avent bottles and am still using them now.

Ok I just did a search - the ones we had was the baby carrier active and the baby carrier air. The active provides more support on the back, so it's better for longer periods, and the air was more 'breathable', so better for summer. I liked both, but prefers the air because it is lighter (takes up less space when u need to store it), it stores in its own mesh bag attached to the carrier, and the warmth of the close contact for baby and mum/dad/whoever is carrying bub keeps the baby warm anyway, wheras the active can be a little TOO warm for summer because it is thicker, and padded more.

I used an electric breast pump, and I bought mine because it worked out to be about the same price as renting one from hospital. I'ld suggest getting/renting a good electric one because you will be so tired in the first few months, and any spare moment you can grab to rest will be good, and hand expressing (for me at least) took so long. I was done in less than 20mins using my medela pump in style because it was a double pump, so I can express both sides at the same time. I felt like a cow at first, but got used to it
9.gif

Oops! The link to the taggies ishere. The sleeping bag link is here.

And you're welcome, geez, I feel like an experienced mum now
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are an experienced mom now! The sleeping bag is the same thing! I know I got a newborn one from one of my showers. How many do you need? So could you still sit and walk with button in the bjorn? (still don't know which to go with. Arg!) The other one I was looking as was Ergo where the baby sits instead of hangs.

I guess you talked me into keeping the Avent stuff on my registry
2.gif
We already got the newborn kit with a variety of bottle sizes. As long as keeping the warmer on is not a fire hazard (sounds like it is not).

Sorry for all the questions. Guess I am just trying to figure this stuff out since October will be here before we know it! Less than 13 weeks now
23.gif
Exciting but slightly scary at the same time (better talk DH to start working on the nursery)

ETA: the taggies stuff is so cute! I have a friend (yes, she is an adult) who is obsessed with the feeling of the satin tags. I should buy her one of those!
20.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I had 3 sleeping bags when Button was smaller, and I bought another 3 when he "graduated" to the 6-18months size. One in use, one for the wash, and one spare. Don''t bother getting the 0.5TOG, because it is basically like a cotton sheet and not much use unless you live somewhere really warm and temperatures don''t change much even at night. The medium and warm ones are great (sorry I can''t remember the TOG rating) because u can put different types of clothing on bub depending on how cool it is. Right now, it''s winter and I have button in long sleeved spencer, pyjama pants and his warm grobag (think it''s 2.0 or 2.5?). If I have to use the medium TOG grobag, I put a long sleeved top plus a pyjama set on him.

I could walk and sit with the baby bjorn on, but I tend to take Button out of the carrier when we''re sitting down anyway, unless he''s fallen asleep.

Keeping the warmer on the lowest setting worked for us, but make sure you always keep it topped up with water and not let it run dry.

Ask away! Glad to be able to help!

Get plenty of rest, and accept offers of help whenever u get it! I love all the furniture you picked too, I''m sure your nursery will look great.

Button LOVES his taggie. He has to have it when he goes to sleep, otherwise he whinges and cries and won''t settle. It''s his security blankie. I have the toss the ball taggie for playtime too, and the taggie books. Kids loves the tags, have u noticed how babies are always drawn to the tags/buttons/zips on things?

LOL abt your friend
9.gif
- hey, the taggie love notes feels so nice, I''m sure she would love one too
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 6:12:58 PM
Chrono, I think I may have to order two sets. I like that they seem secure since the ones that go over the sheets are a no no (according to a friend). But since those have 4 straps seems safe enough. How long do babies sleep in sleep sacks. I just got one in the mail today (3-6 months) and it seems HUGE. Just wondering if I should return it for the small.
I love the sheets and am still using them. My children both used sleep sacks until about 6-7 months old. Basically, once they can roll over well and crawl, they sleep in footed jammies. They would get upset that they can't crawl or pull up in the sleep sacks. The sleep sacks will look huge now but believe me, before you know it, their feet will be touching the bottom of the sack! These babies grow FAST.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, what else do you use in your crib? Do you still put a fitted sheet done? Mattress pad? Sounds like my 3-6 month sleep sack will get used then
1.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies! Back from a well needed week at the beach! I know some of my comments are kinda old, but wanted to share them anyways. Ignore me if you wish...

Ella – Trust me, you don’t want to see my head on any of those belly shots… I take them after rolling out of bed… BAD! That is awesome you are feeling the babies move around… enjoy the flutters because they turn into head butts and elbow swings quick and in some not so comfy places! Its still fun though. Congrats on moving into the new house… how exciting! Hope your kitty is a fast adjuster

Tacori – You look great. I love your round belly! I went to the doctor before we left and since you had asked about how everyone was measuring, I remembered to ask. I was rather shocked when the doctor told me I was actually measuring 2 weeks ahead! Now I wonder if this is something that changes week to week. If not, I guess I’ve got a linebacker on my hands!

Miranda – I have come to accept the square belly. I actually think its funny and like to point it out to friends… its just so abnormal to me! Pregnant = round, not square!

Jade – Button is so cute! I love your mural too… what a fun mommy you are! I bet he loves playing with everything on the wall.

Curly – I cant imagine how hard this week has been for you! We will have to put our little guy in daycare too and I cant imagine how hard it will be! I have heard great things about daycare though, esp when you find the right one. Just like you said, they can do so much more with them than you can think of or even try to do in a day! I am looking forward to hearing about your experience to help me!

Diver – No stretch marks yet, but I think my days may be numbered… the belly is pretty tight! Love that you got the scoop on your doc that will be delivering. Everything will be great! I get one of four when my big day comes… all seem like good docs, others have more personality over the others, but does that really matter? All they need to do is catch the baby right?!

Tgal – Congratulations!!! It’s an exciting and strange trip… you will love it! I’m not super crazy over all the baby stuff either… 31 weeks and all I’ve bought is a diaper bin from a friend’s yard sale and a onsie. We haven’t even finished painting the room yet. I’m all about second hand stuff too, with a few exceptions (crib mattress, car seat). I wouldn’t worry about Ttot too much… they don’t know its used!

Ebree – You are too cute. Time will fly by before you know it!

Sharon – Congrats to your friend! That is wonderful that you and others are helping her out.

LL – I agree with the others… something nice and pampering! Spa, mani/pedi, message, etc. Those are all things I love, but never take the time or spend the money on for myself. I would LOVE it someone gave me something like that!

EDD: 10.02

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 2:35:09 PM
Chrono, what else do you use in your crib? Do you still put a fitted sheet done? Mattress pad? Sounds like my 3-6 month sleep sack will get used then
1.gif
Let''s imagine an empty crib with a new mattress.

Here''s the layers.
2.gif

1. Mattress pad (for added softness)
2. Over that is the fitted sheet
3. Over #1 and #2 is the ultimate crib sheet

Am I making sense?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc, so far they say I am measuring "normal." Whatever that means of course. I have my GD test next week and I am SOOOO nervous about it. Not sure why. Maybe because I love my carbs and can''t imagine changing my diet dramatically (which I would have to). I am ashamed to say the stretch marks had begun for me
39.gif
32.gif
23.gif
I guess they are to be expected since my belly really has to stretch to fit a baby in there. You''ve seen how round/big it is! I noticed them around 25 weeks. They are too bad yet (they are on my sides). I guess they will probably just get worse. I really can''t stress about it. I figure by the time I am done having kids there will be a new laser surgery to get rid of them
27.gif
Plus DH keeps telling me they will fade. I did cry when I noticed them for the first time. Guess its the hormones.

EDD 10.28

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results