Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 3:11:09 PM
Author: ellaila
Ha ha, we have photos of the ''pee sticks'' too
21.gif

Have a great birthday weekend, Tacori!!

EDD: 1/2/08

Thanks! I like that baby''s weekly birthday is on my birthday. So (s)he''ll be 22 weeks on Sunday and I''ll be 27. I''ll have to get DH to take me out to dinner. I know he hasn''t bought anything yet. It should be very interesting.....

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 4:44:44 PM
Author: njc

Hope that is what you were looking for! And if not, at least you other ladies can always say ''at least I dont weight as much as NJC!!!''
9.gif

EDD: 10.02

njc...LOL...you are funny...but seriously..you have, what, like 7 inches of height on me? you are one tall lady! You are supposed to weigh more than us shorties & you sound perfect to me!

Its really great to hear you are having a great experience with your changing body. That is uplifting & awesome.
36.gif

As long as our docs/midwives say we are doing good & the baby is healthy--that''s all that matters.

You know what my favorite part of gaining weight is? Not having to suck in my belly! LOL! Oh that & I''m at that "I love my bump" stage. I think with my son I loved it thru the end too...

I don''t know about you guys, but my outlook brightens considerably when I am definitely showing, I always find myself absentmindedly rubbing my tummy or resting my hands on it. Love this little girl in here.

Tacori: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
35.gif
you are funny....leaving your dh to his own devices...mine gets me strange things when I do that. An electric throw blanket was one. (huh? Oooookay).

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Diver and NJC,
Thanks very much for responding to my post. I really appreciate both of your candid responses! That''s great perspective to have. I''m pretty tall as well, and a size 12 now. I used to be much slimmer, and I''ve been frustrated the past few years that I can''t seem to get back to where I was. I eat healthy and exercise like a fiend, (did 4 triathlons and 2 half marathons last year and a number of other road races), but this size just seems to be where my body is happy being. Most days I''m OK with it. NJC, I think your attitude about pregnancy weight gain is perfect and I hope when my time comes I will have a similar outlook!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diver! I usually pick out my gifts but my birthday snuck up on me this year (I guess I was busy with baby stuff) and thought it would be an interesting experiment. 80% chance I'll be diappointed
15.gif
but I am honestly not expecting much. We need SO much for the baby and our house that I would be happy with something for either. If he totally bombs I can guilt him into a good anniversary gift in August
27.gif

EDD 10.28

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: Ok -- now you realize...if you left it up to him, you can''t get *too* disapointed, right?

Ok, I''m exhausted...bored -- (dh is out of town still for one more day) and need to go watch some tv, read, then go to sleep.

nighty..

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Ella - So happy to hear your little beans are doing great in there! Do you have any silly names you call them? So funny how they have personalities already! What a ham UB is. Congrats on making it into the 2nd trimester too... it is a relief in many ways! I was very happy to get rid of my morning sickness!

Diver - I know I am tall and it sure helps to "hide" all this weight! No one ever really believes me when I tell them how much I weigh. Hahaha... i have been enjoying not sucking in the tummy. I have also started using "my shelf"... last night I had the TV remote on it and DH laughed at me. Hey, its there, might as well use it right!?

Gail - I have always worn the same size clothes (roughly), but in HS I weighed about 160. I have never been able to get back down to that and it certainly hasnt been from lack of effort. Of course in HS I was playing basketball and softball 365 days a year, but I eat really healthy, excersice regularly, I even walk about a mile to/from work, but nothing has really done the trick. The only thing I can think of is my birth control, since I started that in college. So I am really looking forward to not being on it (maybe) after the baby.

Tacori - Happy birthday! I hope your DH gets you a fabulous present and pleasently surprises you! You never know...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 9:13:25 AM
Author: njc

Tacori - Happy birthday! I hope your DH gets you a fabulous present and pleasently surprises you! You never know...

Happy Birthday Tacori
emgift.gif
emrose.gif
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
njc: umm...unless you want 2 kids under 2..(and let me tell you, being pg with a 2.5 year old toddler is beyond exhausting) you might want to rethink that whole birth control thing. I found one that doesn''t cause weight gain, in fact it averages a 2lbs loss with patients: Yasmin. I love it. No side effects for me either.

Of course I''m simply ecstatic about after this baby... I might have to have a c-section if my fibroid on top of my cervix is blocking the exit path & if that''s the case, I''m getting my tubes tied! wahhoooooooo!!! no more b/c EVER! *happy dance/cabbagepatching*. I''d rather have a regular delivery (easier recovery) and if I do have a normal delivery DH is already looking into vasectomies (whatta guy!). We are so D-O-N-E! I''m almost 37, he''s 42, we are too old in our own books (by no means a judgement for anyone else who chooses to have a family later...this is just US) for any more kids. I forgot to take my pills about 100 times after Jake was born. Oy. I can''t imagine how forgetful I''ll be with 2 kids!

Oh, and if I had a nickel everytime I heard someone say "but I heard breastfeeding was birth control" YEAH RIGHT! Can I tell you how many kids I know who are 13 to 18 months apart? It can suppress ovulation...but its no guarantee. My stepmom will concur..her boys are 18 months apart---she was nursing, but its not effective b/c.

Ok...my boy is climbing all over me. I''m going to take him for a walk. I''ve been avoiding exercise this week after my episode last monday...but I think I''m properly rehydrated/rested, so I''ll bring my cell & head on out. Dh is still out of town until tonight. boo...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks njc & Skippy! You ladies are so sweet!

Diver, I broke down last night and ask DH if he needed any ideas. He said maybe so I just told him to get me something for the baby or the house. I just couldn''t stand it!

I agree with diver about the risk of NOT being on BC. I seriously am going to on the progestrone only (which I think is the only one that is safe for breast feeding but I could be wrong) ASAP. Because we concieved so quickly it kind of freaked me out for the future b/c I want ideally around a 2.5-3.5 age difference. I cannot handle (well, don''t want to) 2 little babies at once. I know a girl that just had a little boy. She had a really rough time during and after (depression) and was so excited she finally lost the weight and was getting ready to go back to work...oooppps.....got preggo again! She finally has accepted it but was really upset about it. Her babies will be a year and a half apart.

Do any of you get numbness? My outer left thigh has been feeling semi numb for a few days. It doesn''t affect my walking or anything. I just notice it when I touch it. I am guessing a nerve is being pinched and I doubt there is anything to be done. Do you think I should call the doctor on Monday?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: hahaha, you cracked!!! Yes, the prog-only pill (mini pill) is ok while bfing--I was on that until I weaned Jakey, then I went back on Yasmin. I dunno on the numbness...I always call when I have a question. No such thing as a silly one. Are you celebrating tonight? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
36.gif

Good news, all those size Large items I bought at GapMaternity wound up being too big, like my whole chest exposed cuz shirt too big... WHOOOOOHOOOO. I had to go exchange them for M''s. It wasn''t even funny...I swear trying on clothes with a toddler in the dressing room is dangerous business. I got the M''s and there is TONS of room to grow. I feel much less depressed on that one. hee hee...so shallow.

AGH! I keep forgetting to tell you guys...Victorias Secret has GREAT bra extenders for like $10. They have small double hook ones (unlike motherhood etc..they only have the big ol'' industrial ones) that work with all my pretty bras. So far, I''ve only had to buy 2 new bras & I bought the "barely there" microfiber, seamless, wire-free, more like a cropped camisole (but surprisingly supportive) and those are more for comfort.

HTH

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks diver! I did crack. I just couldn't stand it! At least I just hinted vs. showed him exactly what I wanted (like ususal). My birthday is actually tomorrow so I'll make DH take me out to dinner. Congrats on staying a medium! Not shallow, just honest
2.gif
I'll call my doc on Monday. My dad said he thought the baby was pinching a nerve (and DH pulled out his old college textbook and found out which nerve it was
20.gif
) but my dad didn't think it was anything serious but since he is not an OB he agreed I should call mine.

ETA: thanks for the extender idea. I didn't even know about those. I did buy a few new bras b/c I went up a whole cup size
23.gif
but it might be a solution for the third trimester.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add I agree that one of the best things of being preggo is not having to suck in my belly! So wonderful! I noticed it at my shower b/c usually when I am sitting I make an effort to sit up straight (to avoid major rolls) and I didn''t have to. Haha! Love it!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Diver - Good to know about the extenders. I have noticed the last week that my cup size is okay, but definately need more room in the band! I know BFing isnt any kind of b/c, I am just so sick of freakin' pills! I was on NuvaRing for a year and it was heaven, but as long has I am on any kind of b/c, I'm not going to loose weight... ive tried it all. I know it wont be easy with a newborn, but I temped and was able to prevent for 2 months, so I am hoping to give that a go again. I'll have 6 weeks of pelvic rest right? I'll see... need to talk to DH and the doctor.

Tacori - I know what you mean about being worried because things happened so fast. This is actually our second pregnancy and both happened the first month. I havent had any numbness anywhere, but agree its probably a nerve being pinched and wouldnt hurt to call the doc Monday.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
njc: You can totally lose weight on Yasmin! Have you tried it? It''s relatively new (2000 or so) Its not estrogen based. (estrogen can make some bodies hold onto fat). It also has a potassium like substance in it which acts as a diuretic. Trust me, I am neurotic about what I weigh, and at my ideal weight, Yasmin didn''t affect it at all. It made me drop a couple pounds. You could also do an IUD. They have ones without hormones....and yeah, you''ll get 6 weeks of rest...and trust me, you won''t want dh anywhere near you for at least a couple months...LOL. ok, maybe its just me who''s lame, but it was like 3 or 4 months. Oh well, the desire for sleep was so much stronger for us...LOL!

Well, my MIL is flying in for a weeks visit in the morning. Joy joy...I love her, but she''s in bad health, so we always give her our master suite (on the main, has a bathroom attached with safe walk in shower---all on main floor, since she can''t go up & down stairs...our guest room is downstairs) and the bed in the guest room is nice, but its small (full size) and not as comfortable as my brand new pillowtop back supporter king sized bed...I''m gonna be one cranky preggo by the time she leaves. I may make dh sleep on the den sofa bed so I can pad myself with pillows galore. LOL. I just hope MIL remembers to bring her hearing aids. She hates wearing them, but is completely deaf without them & its very hard to have any sort of conversational exchange with her.
20.gif
I hope she has fun with Jake, I''ve busted my behind today trying to make sure this house is more than clean, its "MOTHER IN LAW CLEAN". She has bad asthma, so I''ve been dusting, vacumming, shampooing carpets, dusting again, and I''ll vaccuum once more before she gets in tomorrow. I was even up on my bed with the vaccuum attachments cleaning my ceiling fan. Oh THAT was comfortable. My back is a wreck right now. But hey, the house looks AMAZING. (its always clean, but this is like spring clean").

Later gators & I might be scarce for the next week.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hope your birthday was happy, Tacori! Did hubby do well?
2.gif

Good luck with the MIL visit, Diver -- we''ll miss you! You know we''re always here if you need to vent ... not nec. about your MIL in particular (sounds like you have a good relationship), just being displaced! I hear you on the Gap stuff being big in the chest -- that''s the problem I had too. I''m the most well endowed right now I''ve ever been (and believe me, it''s still not that big! but to me, it feels huge!), and the XS dress was swimming on me in the boobs area -- huh?! Not sure who is working on their sizes right now, but they should get fired. Though on the other hand, I suppose there''s nothing wrong with a little vanity sizing for a pregnant woman, right?
21.gif

Not sure if I already asked this, but what kind of prenatals do you guys take? I was taking Rainbow Lite (got them at CVS), and they were great for me -- easy on the stomach, never made me nauseous. I ran out on Friday, which was the day of my dr. appt, so I asked him about the prescrip. ones w/DHA so he gave me a sample of Citracal w/DHA -- I took them Fri, Sat, and Sun, and every day I had the most horribly painful gas pains (sorry if TMI)!!! I''m wondering if it''s coincidence or related?? Have you any of taken these, and if so, did you have gas? I know that gas can just be a side effect of pregnancy, so maybe it''s that and it is just funny timing that it happened the day I started those pills ... ? I was saying to hubby, "How will I handle labor if I can''t even deal with gas?!" but it was just SO painful!!
7.gif

njc: "Ella - So happy to hear your little beans are doing great in there! Do you have any silly names you call them? So funny how they have personalities already! What a ham UB is. Congrats on making it into the 2nd trimester too... it is a relief in many ways! I was very happy to get rid of my morning sickness!" -- thanks, njc!! There''s something called vanishing twin syndrome and I was an absolute nervous wreck about it (even though having already seen two strong heartbeats at 9 weeks, we were in pretty good shape, but still there''s no guarantee), so yes, I feel *very* relieved to be at almost 13 weeks now and out of the danger zone as far as that is concerned!! No nicknames yet, they''re just UB and LB to us, since we don''t know if they''re boys or girls yet. We still laugh at UB being such a ham -- I wish we had gotten a photo of that moment with him sneaking into the shot! It was just priceless. Definitely a story we''ll be telling to the babies when they''re older!

So, Diver, Tacori, and njc, are you all due in October? I don''t mean to exclude anyone else, I just don''t remember who else is lurking here and not posting as often as we are!

EDD: 1/2/08 -- twins!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to check up on all of you! Sounds like everyone is doing great!!

Diver, good luck with the MIL. Hope things go smoothly and she doesn''t drive you nuts!!

Tacori, hope you had a great birthday. What did DH do for you??

ellaila, I was on Duet DHA prenatals--I''m actually still taking them out of habit! They are prescription and while they are gentle on the stomach, I found that I was in a lot of pain when I took them in the morning on an empty stomach. So I started to take them at night, after dinner before I went to bed and had no problems. I would suggest trying that...

I love hearing how everyone is doing. I totally miss being pregnant. DH and I were looking at some of my belly shots and I can''t even believe I looked like that. I really miss my big belly!!!! Now it''s just a big jelly belly!!!!!!
2.gif
Even though the nine months feels like forever, when it''s over, it''s really over!! Try to enjoy it as much as you can and don''t stress out too much about the body stuff. I''m still struggling to get back to my "fighting" weight and shape but it''s not my biggest priority anymore. I''ll try to post a photo of my real priority!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is my pride and joy a few days ago--almost 7 weeks. She''s wearing her little mittens because her nails are super long and she keeps scratching herself. I have to try to cut them while she''s asleep!! She has been smiling and cooing and it''s really pretty adorable. Thanks for letting me share!!

CIMG3097.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, that is soooo huge--I''m sorry!!! I still can''t figure out how to resize!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Curly, what a doll!!! She looks like such a happy little girl!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly, she''s precious. I remember those long newborn nails so well. I had a hard time clipping my daughter''s as well and someone suggested using one of those big black nail file things instead. it worked great and i never had to worry about accidently clipping skin if they moved or flinched.

anyway, would love to see more pics of your sweetie...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Curly she is precious! I love the big picture! She is a little angel!!!!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curly baby is so CUTE! Such a sweet smile.
1.gif

I''m taking PrimaCare ONE. It has Omega 3 included. I call it my purple pill. It''s easy to take since it''s in a capsule form.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhh, curly - she''s BEAUTIFUL! truly!

diver - glad you had success with yasmin. i haaaated it. made me GAIN (water?) weight even though i could barely eat anything the 2 months i took it b/c i was so nausated. bleck. funny how each body reacts differently. i''ve decided against b/c all the ones i''ve tried sucked. sigh.

**back to lurking**
5.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh curly your girl is too cute. I have to clip my daughters nails when she is sleeping too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Hubby did very well. We went out to dinner, then ice cream, then a movie (Mr Brooks, which was very good by the way) I figure movies are only going to happen for the next few months so we might as well as often as possible now! And for my gift....many might think it is odd, but it is something I have wanted since we moved into our house 6 months ago. Our house was built in the 90s so it is a brass palace. We slowly want to change out everything (door handles, bathroom facets, lights, etc...) well I have been wanted really modern, stainless steel handles for our kitchen cabs. I felt really guilty b/c of course the ones I *love* are $7 a piece and we need over 50
32.gif
Well DH bought them for me!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am glad I waited for what I REALLY wanted instead of settling on something cheaper to get them sooner.

Ella, like Chrono I am on PrimaCare ONE. I take it at bedtime and have never had any trouble.

Curly, Lilly is SOOOOO cute! Thanks for sharing!

Diver, good luck with the MIL. I totally understand MIL clean. My MIL is a clean freak so I always get so worked up that everything looks perfect when they visit (which is only a few times a year).

Sounds like I am one of the few that actually LOVED my BC pill. I was on seasonale (I think they have since change the name) had no bad side effects and loved only getting my period 4 times a year. I was very sad to stop it and once I finish BF will go back on it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, Lilly is just the cutest baby!!! Love her smile!!

Tacori,
Happy belated birthday, sounds like hubby came through!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lisa! He did come through. It is something I have been wanting for awhile. The new handles look so great!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
What a perfect gift -- go Tacori''s hubby!! Funny how as we get older, birthdays/holidays become so much more practical. I have a friend whose husband gave her a Coach bag for Xmas, and she told him to return it and get her a TOILET instead (they just bought a new house that had a pink toilet in it that she wanted to replace) -- hahaha! She will never live that one down!!

I went to CVS yesterday and saw that LifeFitness has a prenatal plus DHA (two pills), so I decided to try that instead of the Citracal/DHA because I really do think that was what was hurting my stomach. These have a money-back guarantee on them so if I don''t like them, I think I''ll just go back to my Rainbow Lights. Now that I know the benefits of DHA though, I feel like I''m being negligent if I take prenatals without them! Jeez, sometimes ignorance is bliss, isn''t it?
20.gif

Have a great day, everyone!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, I HAVE to stop lurking here.... Lily is such a gorgeous baby!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Yesterday my husband's friend (best man in our wedding) and his wife had their first baby together.... we drove to Baltimore so we could be with them at the hospital, and got to spend the afternoon hanging out and holding their new baby son!! DH even made a few "I want one..." comments...
31.gif
But I think we will still wait for January to start TTC. I don't mind waiting as long as I have some sort of timeline to plan around (not that babies ever happen according to timelines!)

Also, we have spent a lot of time recently debating the pros/cons to having our first child here in the city... we live in a doorman building in a great location, so I don't think safety would be as much of a concern, mostly just size... our apartment is 1-bedroom, 970 s.f. Has anyone else managed the first year or two with a baby in an apartment that size? Any advantags or disadvantages that people have found to staying in the city? We would probably plan to move to the suburbs when the baby was around 2.

We live on a park that is always filled with mommies and strollers, so I know other people do it... maybe I should start interviewing them to see how it works!!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having a baby in a small place is a plus in the first year. The baby will most likely be close to you wherever you may be for feeding and awake times. It''s also nice to be near when baby is sleeping - you don''t want to constantly trek upstairs and downstairs for naps times and believe me, newborns sleep alot, like every alternate hour. I spent the first few weeks stuck upstairs in my bedroom. When baby is mobile, a slightly bigger space is nice to have for them to roam about is a specially created safe place.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results