shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
keri russell, tiger woods, and julia roberts had babies this week. tiger had a girl named sam alexis. julias son is henry daniel, and keri russel had a son named river russell. at least these kids have normal names. some celebrities are out of their minds with the names they give their kids.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, can any of you recommend a good place to get maternity dresses, like to wear to a wedding?? I''ve got one in two weeks and then another in September, and obviously I''m going to be at very different "bump" stages for the two, but I''d like to use just one dress if at all possible -- so nothing too fitted. All the dresses I have at home now will just make me look fat
7.gif

I found a beautiful one at Mimi, but they have a "no return" policy on special occasion dresses. You can return if you order online, but I don''t know which size I am (the store only had M, and I''m either an XS or S), so I don''t want to pay shipping/return charges for at least one if not two dresses, depending on if either actually fits!

I found a really cute one online at Amazon (Lauren Kiyomi) and it arrived today, and it''s NOT AT ALL what I expected! I got another Mimi one online as well, but it too wasn''t great in person. I''m getting so frustrated! I can''t find anything I like in stores with a decent return policy, and I''m getting tired of wasting money on shipping charges! I found a nice one in Gap Maternity, but the fit was horrible -- an XS was swimming on me! And I did get another cute one at babystyle, but it''s a little too simple for me -- plus I feel like it''s not really dressy enough for Sat. night weddings.

This is so frustrating! I guess maybe I should just stick with the babystyle one and try to dress it up ... but if any of you know any good places to get not-too-expensive-but-still-nice maternity dresses, please fill me in! Thanks!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have gotten two dresses at Express and one at Macy''s (none are maternity dresses but they all work and there is no way your belly is bigger than mine yet). Macy''s had a TON. Gotta love that empire waists/baby doll stuff is in style! I also got a dress from Mimi''s for a wedding in July.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Real quick:

Ellaila: Nordstrom has a maternity section online, only $5 shipping...they have some nice special occasion!

I need to drink more water. I think that''s my problem. I feel better today, but I''ve been drinking tons of water since my "episode" y''day.

Tacori: hahaha, you are nice to your DH. I ask mine for whatever whenever. But he''s the kind of guy who always asks me "can I go get you anything?". I think its because he travels so much, he wants to be helpful when he''s home. My big thing is, I won''t carry big laundry baskets down to the basement. (the small little ones are ok) Not because I can''t, cuz believe me I can totally handle it, but I''m afraid of falling down the hard stairs to the cement floor while he''s not here & my little guy would be stranded cuz no one would know. LOL. How freakin'' dramatic.

The weather FINALLY got nice here. I live in Portland, OR remember? AKA Puddletown. It rains...a lot! Today is supposed to be 81. The last two weeks have been wet & cool. Good news, the grass looks spectacular & I''ve been able to wear my w-ring. I''m glad to see the sun today.

Well gotta scoot...we are dropping Jake off at my dad&stepmom''s for a few hours so DH & I can have a romantic dinner at our favorite Italian Restaurant. They have this intimate, gorgeous outdoor patio....I barely got a reservation---everyone else in town had the same idea seeing as the sun is out and its GORGEOUS today! LOL.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, I AM too nice to him! He doesn''t know how lucky he has it
2.gif
He did offer to go get me ice cream once when I was dry heaving once in my first trimester
20.gif
Typical man. Haha. My birthday is this sunday and it is the first time in HISTORY of our relationship that I haven''t told him exactly what I wanted. I am so curious to see what he will do. I am not expecting much since the baby is coming (and I will get my push present and all). I hinted I wouldn''t mind stuff for our new house (so romantic right?) I take it as a sign of maturity.

Nordstroms is a good idea. I got a cute sundress there from their juniors department. Oh, Ann Taylor as a maternity section now too. If it is not too dressy Target has some. But like I said there are so many workable dresses in "normal" stores out there now. Both my Express dresses will probably work throughout my whole pregnancy.

Ell, that was the first time he felt the baby. I forgot to answer your question earlier. We were pretty excited. (S)he was having a grand old party in my belly last night. I never felt so much movement before!

NYC, I am glad they are "normal" names! Some of the ones celeb come up with are SO silly!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I had to share this b/c it got me all teary this morning! It''s from that twins forum in a thread about the nicest compliment you''ve received while being pregnant:

I was 30+ weeks pregnant, huge and pumping gas into my car one day when a guy in a little sports coupe stopped, rolled down his window and said how happy he was to start his day seeing a beautiful pregnant woman. DH was pretty much obligated to tell me I looked good - but a stranger? Totally made my day!

How awesome is that?! That would make my YEAR, not just my day!! Every time I read it, I get choked up! Hahah, I''m such an emotional freak right now!

Thanks for the advice on dresses, ladies! I decided to just stick with the babystyle one and stop driving myself crazy over this. It''s just that it''s going to be my first outing as a semi-preggo-looking person, so I want to look cute, dammit! But then I keep reminding myself that weddings are about the bride and not the pregnant guests, and then I calm down a little
20.gif

By the way, my husband is in worse shape than I am right now (horrible sciatic pain -- may need back surgery soon), so I''ve actually been catering to him more than him to me lately! I mean, he did stop at McDonald''s for me yesterday on the way home though, so I can''t complain too much
3.gif
I feel so bad for him -- he''s absolutely miserable right now with this back pain. He''s not one to complain so I know how bad this must hurt for him to be complaining about it. It''s just debilitating for him right now. And I know that many pregnant woman experience sciatica too, so now I''m terrified that I''m going to get it, seeing how bad his pain is!

EDD: 1/2/08 -- twins!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock

Curly – So happy to hear little Lily is a dream! I hope she continues to be that way for you guys. That is also fantastic about your PP check up and having lost just about all your weight! I have just realized that I will be trying to get my baby weight off as the holidays quickly approach... YIKES! I will have to ask you how you did it! Thanks for the advice on taking everything from the hospital… I have had several people tell me that, but you are right, you are paying for it either way!

Diver – Sorry about the cramps… that must have been scary! I had a crappy few days last week and realized it was because I was getting dehydrated… crazy how much it can effect you! Sounds like you are back on the right track and hope you stay there! Easier said than done I know. Glad you are getting nice weather… its was 90 something here yesterday with a heat index of 110! Hope you enjoyed your romantic dinner with DH!!!

Ella – We will have gone to 4 weddings by the time this baby is born. I bought these 2 dresses in March dress one and dress two. I had no belly really in March and just wore dress two to work yesterday and still have plenty of room to grow, so I have been very happy with my choices. You can also find nice non-maternity dresses at the department stores if you try hard enough. I found a fabulous formal Calvin Klein dress at Lord and Taylor (wish I had a pic, but I cant find one) to use as my BM dress in my brothers wedding. Of course I lucked out in that future SIL just wanted us to have long black dresses, so I didn’t have to get the matching maternity one. Just look for an empire waist that is not fitted… good luck!

Tacori – Happy birthday a few days early! My DH is actually pretty good about coming up with presents. I am always pleasantly surprised. This year will be interesting since my bday is 2 weeks after my EDD. I know one thing for sure, I will be having some sort of tasty beverage and enjoying every last drop!

3.gif

I had my 25 week check up yesterday and everything is fine. I was supposed to have my GD test, but the A/C was out in the building (office on 11th floor of a 12 floor building) so I have to go back next week. Its just the one hour test, so its no big deal other than another morning out of the office.

EDD: 10.02

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha....rotflmao...

Have fun with those "non" maternity dresses after 25 weeks girls..... I know there are a ton of empire waisted/maternity looking things out there...excellent for first trimest, possibly much of second if its your first baby...but when you get your "real" belly...FORGET IT! lol

Problem is, they aren''t cut to accomodate a belly....so they will pull up about 4 inches shorter in the front than in the back. I''m too picky about things fitting well to be OK with that. I found some ADORABLE gauze tank sundresses in the gap outlet last month...my best friend was like "oooh! $7 each! get every color you''ll live in them!" So I tried them on....she died laughing....it was hysterical....she has a son too, & said "I guess there is a purpose to maternity wear". LOL. We had a good chuckle.

I mean if you are one of those lucky girls like Bridget Moynahan who is so skinny while preggo & has a teeny bump the whole time, it''ll work...but if you are like me & have a REAL belly...forget it.

My belly by the way? 38 inches already! HOLY MOLY! When I went to deliver my son it was only 42 inches. I''m terrified over here--I have 3 months left!!! What a riot.....

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
oooh NJC...those are so cute! Love both the dresses. My fave dress from last time was from Japanese Weekend. I wore it to a formal auction at 16 weeks this time too...I need to find a sundress that is like what you just posted for my shower. There is a cute Mimi on ebay in pink I''m watching. I''m just so "past" buying anything for myself right now. I''m really enjoying wearing my yoga pants & tanks more than anything. Comfy. I did go to Nordy''s and buy cute flip flops so at least there is some flair. LOL.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Diver, you crack me up!!
9.gif

njc, funny, your dress #2 is one of the Mimi ones I ordered too! I did like it in person (more so than in the photo actually), but it just didn't look good on me -- too long, and it hung funny on me in the belly area. I guess my belly isn't big enough yet for it? I love that first one you posted though!!

Yeah, I think I like a lot of Japanese Weekend and Maternal America stuff -- too bad I can't afford it! I did just buy a bunch of stuff online at Gap Maternity though -- some cute stuff on sale! My pants all fit still for now, but I got some cute comfy-looking skirts and a few shirts. Yay!
36.gif
Really cute linen jacket for $14.99 -- yahoo! BTW, Gap Maternity stuff fits awfully strange! Like I said earlier, their XS dress was swimming on me (and honestly, I am not an XS in real life), and last night I was in the store and tried on an XXS jacket (b/c it looked big), and it fit me like a medium. Bizarre!

ETA: I don't think that jacket looks quite as manly on me!!
32.gif
I got it in the lighter color in the store last night and then saw the dark brown onilne today so ordered that too and will return whichever I like less.

gp471808-01p01v01.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2007 1:27:47 PM
Author: njc
7.gif
I just noticed my links didnt show up...

Dress One

Dress Two
I prefer Dress 2. I think Dress 1 with all the white circles would accentuate the growing belly, making it larger than it really is. In the early stages of pregnancy, you might be able to get away with it, but once you really pop, hoo-boy, I'd take Dress 2.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NJC, Thanks for the birthday wishes! I''ll have to wait and see what DH does.

Ell, That is a great story! Wish my husband told me I was beautiful lately (or a total stranger would be fine too). He is a really great man and my best friend. I don''t want you to think ill of him but he isn''t the most sensitive. We have our "Dr Phil" moments. This morning I actually went off on him (which is something I rarely do) He was looking at me kind of critical and told me to turn around. He didn''t say anything so I told him just to say what he was thinking. Well I guess he is not *that* stupid
20.gif
b/c he said nothing but obviously he wasn''t looking at me with lust! So I told him watching my body change was 100 times harder for me than him. I am seeing numbers on the scale I have NEVER seen before and he needs to try to understand that. His comments like "wow your face looks wide" or "wow your belly is getting big. Is it suppose to be that big?" are very hurtful. I am just NOT going to put up with it anymore. Even his guy friends (who aren''t the most sensitive) tell him to lay off and that I''m pregnant! I am suppose to get bigger! Arggg....thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now!

Diver, as of now the dresses still look good, I''ll let you know if they still do next month. The Express ones are VERY roomy so I can''t imagine growing too big for them...I am not sure why non preggo girls buy them. My SIL actually wore one of mine at the shower she threw for me (and she is not preggo) plus I am short so even when the dress gets shorter in the front it won''t look too bad.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I''m sure your DH is a good guy, but sometimes they lack the ability to be sensitive about this stuff. Some guys are not too *excited* about their wives changing bodies, and it can be a total turn off. It doesn''t make them a bad person, its just their reaction. Heck...I''m turned off by my own body. LOL They also worry that the woman they married will disappear into a muumuu or a housedress forever. If you can, take him to your OB appointments & ask your OB about your weight gain & what to expect over the next few months so that your DH can hear it straight from the horse''s mouth. And yes, you will get bigger, a lot bigger -- your baby hasn''t even begun to grow yet!! I''m 26 weeks & she''s only 2lbs! My belly is already huge & she still has another 5.5lbs to gain on average! I''ll never forget the look on my dh''s face when he saw a side view poster (showing an internal organ/baby view) of a 9mo pregnant woman in the childbirth class...He turned sheet white, looked at our instructor & said "where is her stomach supposed to go?". He seriously almost passed out. Of course, I died laughing!

and have him read the sections for the husbands in Girlfriend''s Guide to Pregnancy.........it''ll help....It''s pretty funny too. My mantra with my DH during the first pregnancy was "Respect the Bump!".
9.gif

If you want, I can show you a pic of my belly at 9 months & then a shot of me in jeans & a fitted shirt at 11 days post partum...and that was doing nothing to lose weight but nurse & sleep. I think I looked pretty good considering! The *girls* were big then...lol...your dh will like that on you--hee hee. Let me know if you want to see & I''ll post them. What I''m trying to say here, is that the body is AMAZING, and your dh just isn''t in on the "miracle" of it yet. He''s a guy. He''ll get it...he''ll worship you after he sees you give birth...trust me.

NJC & Ellaila: you guys will have so much fun at the weddings. It seems like everyone is kind of sentimental in mood anyway & you''ll receive a ton of compliments. The bride is BUSY that day, so you''ll be the star of your table. LOL.

BabyShowers: My friends are planning mine & one came over today to bring me an outfit for Delaney & she was so excited about the details, but couldn''t tell me anything!!!
36.gif
I love my friends...they are the best. I hope my friend Jennifer gets pg soon...she''s the creative mind behind our showers, & she deserves a humdinger of one for all the great ones she''s thrown for me & our other good friend. So everyone share your good shower ideas because I am starting a folder for hers. (she went off the pill a few months ago!)

Ellaila: Love the linen jacket..hey I''ve noticed GapMat runs weird too. Same with old navy. I''m a solid Medium at Mimi & Pea in the pod, Babystyle, etc. But at Gap & ON, I''m a small or med..anyone''s guess. I have to order BOTH sizes (tg for free returns at the store--close to my house, but that location doesn''t carry maternity) & see which one fits. There is a CUTE brown strapless sundress I have in my shopping bag right now!

Gymboree: is having Gymbucks right now. They have uber cute baby & kid clothes & for every $50 you spend, you get $25 in Gymbucks to be redeemed in about 2 months. (How that works is, when its time to redeem, you take your $25 coupon, spend $50 & then they take off the $25. For instance, I spent $200 in there in the fall for outfits (sweaters, jackets, xmas, bday & thanksgiving for Jake) and I got $100 in Gymbucks. 2 months or so later they have the Gymbucks redemption sale, & I had to spend $200, but I got to redeem my Gymbucks, so my total was only $100. I got xmas gifts for all my friends babies, some spring clothes for him & a cute Fireman Halloween costume for next year. Its not a bad promo...sure they get you in, but it usually coincides with a huge sale, so you get a TON of clothes.

Tacori/dresses: How those dresses look totally depends on how you carry....every body is different. You''ll know when you get there. but I''m with you, I keep wondering why the heck non-pregnant women want to wear something that looks like maternity. Ugh. I kept seeing babydoll tops at NOrdy''s after I had Jake & I said "no way in hell"...I just got OUT of that stuff! LOL.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diver! He IS a good guy so I don''t want you all to think he is some mean, horrible person. The funny thing is he has his own body issues (passed down from his family). He is unhappy with his weight so that kind of comes back on me. I have NEVER made him feel bad. His weight really is not that important to me (he has been very thin and 30 lbs overweight throughout our relationship). He does come to the doctor''s appointment. One time (not last but my 16 week appointment) I asked the nurse in front of him how much I gained (since I could tell he didn''t believe me) she agreed 5 lbs (oh how I have shot up from there though!
23.gif
) I just wish he was the type of guy who saw the beauty in the tummy (big tummy=healthy baby). The only positive comments he makes is AFTER I call him out on an insensitive one. I think it is getting through to him after this morning. Hopefully now that my belly does look like a preggo instead of the fat stage he will lighten up alittle. It doesn''t help that I am carrying everywhere (though of course he IS happy with the boobs
20.gif
) But the food comments need to stop as well (Sould you be eating that? You are eating a lot? blah blah) Makes me want to hit him (and I am not a violent person!) You are probably right about him being scared I won''t lose the weight. He has always known me as fairly thin/petite.

Anyways enough about my rant! I know watching our bodies grow is hard for ALL of us!

We are going to a wedding in July too (I have a mimi dress for the wedding and am *hoping* I can fit into my shower dress for the RD). I am excited to show off my bump too.

Is it normal to feel really tired again after 20 weeks? I know the baby is growing fast but I feel so drained the last week or so.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I would never think ill of your DH...I sympathize with you both! My aunt always does the weight thing with me. She was here a few weeks ago & said "so what does your doctor think of your progress so far, is he ok with it????" and then looks my body up & down! I told her he was very pleased, and said I was perfect, even a little under the normal weight gain & to keep doing whatever it is I''m doing.

She actually looked at me...incredulous look on her face and said "really?".

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

of course this is from a woman who has never had children & is obsessed with thinness...she''s always commenting on any cousin who''s gained weight. Oh well.

I''m sure it doesn''t help that our hormones are all riled up...I don''t know about you, but I''m particularly sensitive about my weight. Its better now that I have a belly, but my MIL will get here on monday for a week & I''m afraid she''s going to call me fat. She''s always nice enough, but she has a habit of saying whatever she thinks and is pretty blunt. I get pg everywhere...I have chubby upper arms, fat little thighs, lotsa booty...oh well, I guess the baby needs it, I''m not eating that much more than normal...I just listen to my body, have a treat if I want one, but eat healthy the rest of the time.

And I''m drinking LOTS of water. Amazing how that makes me feel better. I took a nap today too instead of doing laundry.

Ok, I''m tired...

off to beddie bye.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, Tacori, I''m sorry your guy made you feel bad
7.gif
I keep showing hubby lots of real belly pics from people online so he knows what to expect! And I also keep showing him photos of babies in bellies (like Diver did) so he can see, OK, that belly she''s getting isn''t just from too many pb&j sandwiches -- stuff is actually growing in there (like, oh eight limbs, two brains, two hearts, 4 lungs, etc.!)!! I''m not super-sensitive about my weight yet, although I def. feel my body changing. (Though it''s funny b/c when I look in the mirror, I totally see a belly, but we''ve been taking weekly photos, and in the photos, I don''t look pregnant at all! Funny how the mind perceives things that the eye doesn''t really see!) I just keep making jokes to hubby about his "fat wife" and then we both laugh about it. Hopefully I can keep laughing as I get bigger ... but I doubt it! I''ve always been small too, so I can see it being a big mental challenge to accept getting so big so fast in the next few weeks. But like you said, big tummy = healthy baby, and that''s what this time is all about!

Diver, I wish I had some good baby shower ideas, but unfortunately I haven''t really been to too many of them, and the ones I''ve been to have been nice but your basic baby shower -- cute cake, cute outfits, and hours of opening gifts! On another note, glad you''re drinking more water. I used to never drink water during the day, and now that I''m drinking so much, I really do see a difference in myself!

My next appt. is tomorrow morning, so by this time tomorrow we''ll have seen the two little beanies again!!
36.gif
Can''t wait!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ellaila: Do you get to have a lot of ultrasounds because you are having twins? Very cool. I am "multiple miscarriage" & "over-35" mom, so I had 6 ultrasounds by 20 weeks. The only upside of all that downer stuff--I love ultrasounds, its so exciting to see the baby. ;-) You have to share more u/s pics when you get them, they are sooo cool!

Tacori: I giggle at your avatar...Baby Power!
2.gif
I swear, she''s rallying her peeps! (and I''m sticking to my she prediction---I''m 100% accurate on all my guesses so far!)

Ok..well, I''m up WAY early (been up for almost 2 hours now) so I''m gonna shower & raid Jake''s toy box before he wakes up(he has a million toys in there he doesn''t play with--but takes them all out & scatters them everywhere...gonna box em up and hide them for a month or two, then rotate them..it''ll be like xmas all over again!)

I am off to Mimi & Gap today to see if I can snag any good deals on some summer mat. wear. But only if there is a good sale....

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with shopping, Diver -- let us know if you get anything cute on sale!! I''m excited to get my GapMat package next week. And yes, I hear you on the free returns to the stores -- for skirts, I ordered my regular size, figuring if they''re a little big that''d be OK b/c of my belly, but for shirts, I ordered XS and S, so at least one is going back to the store! I haven''t done this much shopping in a long time -- I forgot how fun it is
1.gif

I''ll find out tomorrow how often my appts. will be -- and yes, I hope to get lots of ultrasounds! Not that I''m excited to have my full bladder pressed on (ha ha), but seeing the babes makes it worth it!

By the way, my HR person here at work knows I''m pregnant and she asked me today when I''m going to make the announcement and then told me, "I mean, you LOOK pregnant! I think people are onto it and are just being polite!"
6.gif
I mean, I sort of think that too, but I was so surprised to hear someone other than me or my hubby say I look pregnant!

I think Tacori is having a girl too!! Any predictions for my little ones?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thaks ladies! I just think weight is one of those issues with him (not that he wouldn''t love me if I did gain 50 lbs but I know he wouldn''t be happy). His mom is a size 2 and weight is very important to her. His parents make comments to him and his sister when they have gained weight (not that either of them are fat). So I understand where the comments come from (not that is makes it easier or valid). I was actually really worried about what my MIL would say when she saw me but she would just smile at my belly. She knows it is her grandchild. We''ll see what happens in July when I am really big
27.gif
My family is just so different. My mom has never made me feel less than beautiful. I guess everyone has their "issues." Diver, I am getting sensitive about it. I guess I should just cry next time. That would make him feel REALLY bad.

I told DH I would be absolutely happy with a son but I will be SHOCKED b/c I just really feel like its a little girl. Won''t be too much longer now I guess. I am excited x-mas is so close so we can get tons of cute clothes. I couldn''t resist putting an u/s pic as my AV. I just love that one! Diver, I meant to ask do you have pets? I am starting to get worried about how our two cats are going to react. They are like our babies right now (very spoiled). They do not like children (when any have come over). I have a feeling they will hide for the first few months.
7.gif

Ell, hope your doctor''s appointment goes well! I am so glad we all have this thread. It is such a great support and source of info!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: Definitely cry...I know this sounds backwards, but use the prego card--you''ve earned it! LOL To answer your question: Yes, I have pets. I used to have 2 dogs & 1 cat when Jake was born. My 6 year old beagle (female) decided she hated Jake on sight. Little rapscallion stole her limelight. So as soon as he started crawling she started trying to bite him. That was it, her booty was OUT THE DOOR. Not that she was upset about it. she did backflips over her new owner and could not get out of here fast enough. lol. My german shepherd (also female) adores my son. He is her baby. If she doesn''t know you & you approach us in the stroller, she will park her body in front on him & block you. She won''t growl, but she does give you that "back off I''m working here" look. She''s a great dog though. (she''s 3).

My cat liked Jake as a newborn--when he didn''t move much. She''d come lay on my boppy and give him head butts. (that''s how she loves)...as soon as he started getting mobile, she was like.."I''m outta here". I only see her after he goes to bed now. LOL. As a kid, he''s too herky-jerky & spastic for her tastes.

Major score at Gap! Mimi was a bust...I got one cute tank for $9....but that was it. Gap has these incredibly comfy skirts--soft cotton with a roll down waist...got one of those, and then they had some cropped sweatpants with an adorable pocket in back, got 2 of those...a cute grey t shirt, 2 tanks, a thin hoodie with stitching that matches my sweatpants, a really pretty strappy top that matches the skirt, a pair of jeans with the roll panel, a pair of black dotted pj''s (cami & cropped pants) in the softest modal, and a brown nightgown in the same stuff. Everything was SO CHEAP it was insane. Only the skirt wasn''t on sale. But its adorable.

I am so sad. I am out of a Medium for the most part. I''m in a large...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! They are a little big, but the mediums were CONFINING and I couldn''t get them on or off. I was able to buy M''s in the pajamas & sweatpants....its just this dang BELLY. I told you all, I''m only 4 inches away from my belly measurement at 40 weeks & I''m only 26.5 weeks! Cripes! And I''ve only gained 20lbs so far! Hoooboy. I better watch my diet better and start walking again.

Well, I need to get crackin'' my house is a disaster...Jake went into hurricane mode this morning.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here is the skirt...its is so flattering on....and so freakin'' comfy...like wearing a tshirt. But you can dress it up because it is cut so sassy. I think we all need them, they are way too cute and comfy. I got the brown, but I think I want the watermelon too...they didn''t have it in a L (waaaaaaaaaah) in the store. LOL.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6033&pid=488180

This was the top I got to go with that skirt...I may wear this outfit to my shower...
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6045&pid=488144

These are cute & I was able to buy a M...yay!
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7275&pid=488124

These were half of this price in our store...I got watermelon & brown...
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6063&pid=488214&scid=488214022

And then here is my little henley hoodie to match my watermelon ones..
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6061&pid=488100

it too was about 4 bucks less in the store...that''s so weird.

I''m a sahm, so I need comfy stuff 90% of the time right now, but I like to be pulled together---even if its just the library, starbucks, and the market. Plus I was looking for tshirt/sweats stuff, since I already have nice outfits..I just need comfy lounge wear now.

Hint:
Your 6 mo prego size will be what you can fit into when you leave the hospital...give or take a little.....So if you have cute stretchy stuff...you''ll live in that for the first few weeks/2months while your body shrinks back. (just depends on how fast you shrink). You won''t have a "belly" much longer than a week....I don''t even think its that long...it does flatten out pretty quick--but your uterus goes from the size of a plum to the size of a watermelon & takes a little bit of time to shrink back.

Oh...here are the pjs...OMG...these are sooooooooooo soft!!! (they are nursing jammies too)

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=9936&pid=467347&scid=467347032

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=9936&pid=468891&scid=468891032

(I got the black w white dot...good for the hospital...black is your friend...things get..well...lets just say I didn''t wear jammies until my last day..I just kept their dumb gown on & even when I put my jammies on, I only put on the top & just didn''t get out of bed when I had visitors.

But I am not lying when I said I put on these pjs in the store & was like "ahhhhhhhhh, I could lay down right now!" They are sooooooooo soft & stretchy. And pretty. There are some cute nighties on there too...I got one but its not online.

ok...now I have to ebay my maternity wear that is too small...I have a TON of Michael Stars Tshirts, some jeans, and some other really cute stuff in size sm.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish we had a Gap Maternity near me
8.gif
How do their sizes compare to Old Navy Maternity? I know I could return the stuff but it seems like PITA not being able to try on stuff in person. They have really cute stuff!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Usually I'm a lurker on this thread, since I'm not pregnant or trying yet but just information gathering. I have been reading about everyone's experience with body image and such with growing larger and it seems like most of the people speaking up so far are quite petite. I was wondering if anyone started their pregnancy a little larger than their ideal weight and how they feel about the pregnancy body image, comments from others, shopping for cute maternity clothes, etc... I know it's personal but I'd be really interested in your perspective since I am fit and healthy but not "petite" so to speak!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Cute finds, Diver!! I went to the Gap Outlet near me yesterday, and they also have some maternity stuff, and I got a few great finds too (some maternity, some not) -- yay! Tacori, I don''t know how it compares to Old Navy, but the Gap stuff definitely runs big!

So I had my appt. this morning, and all went really well
36.gif
Whew!!! The little ones have doubled in size and are now ~6 cms each, right where they should be! I got that nuchal screening done, and the tech was having a really hard time with getting the babies in good positions b/c I''ve got a tipped uterus, but she was finally able to get the measurements, and they were both good -- 1.3-1.4 mm, which is great! They still have to do the blood tests before they can rule anything out for certain I guess, but all looked good, so I feel good about it. The heartbeats were nice and strong (165/155), and the upper baby was dancing all around in there!! Tacori, I thought of you and your "baby power!" because (s)he was getting in similar positions -- haha! Lower baby was a little more subdued but (s)he started moving around after a while too. UB is def. the crazier of the two -- when the tech was focusing in on LB, UB kept sneaking into the shot like a little attention hog! So funny!! I personally think UB is a boy and LB is a girl, but we''ll find out for sure in a few weeks!!

9.gif
So happy and excited right now to be at the 12+ weeks point!! I feel so relieved!! (In case you can''t tell by my overuse of exclamation points -- haha)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ellaila: When is your due date hon? Congrats on getting out of the first trimester! What a fun ultrasound it sounds like you had, its going to be funny seeing how these two little beans get a long when they get out. How adorable.

Gailmrv: While I don''t consider myself petite/small (was 5''5", 146lbs and a size 8/10 when I got pg this time) I USED to be tinier.... (size 4/6--about 129 lbs before 1st baby...never was able to shed the baby weight. In all honesty, I really didn''t try THAT hard--guess I figured I''d be doing it again, so why kill myself getting thin twice?).

Here''s what I think, & its totally based on being pregnant twice & having all my girlfriends have babies around me...so completely anecdotal.

We all freak out about our body images. Its worse in the first trimester when you just look "thick" around the middle and not pregnant. Its more like you went on a hoagie & donut spree. I honestly doubt we look as bad as we imagine, (probably not at all) but when you don''t have the visual proof of pregnancy (that belly) its kind of hard to accept.

I have 2 girlfriends who are very heavy. Beautiful, plus sized women with curves Ruben would have killed to paint. Technically, they are supposed to gain 10 to 15 lbs (since part of the maternity weight gain is for "maternal fat stores" if you have enough body fat --- you are supposed to skip this) instead of the recommended 25 to 35 for average weight women.

Yeah, well....what-evah! They both gained about 50lbs. Try telling their preggie hormones driving cravings for tortilla chips and cheese dip that they are supposed to gain only 10lbs. One friend used to wake up RAVENOUS in the middle of the night & have a bowl of cereal & fruit every night.

True preggie cravings are something you can''t control. People who haven''t had REAL ones will try and tell you its just willpower, I say they never had the real ones. I think this because with my son, I HAD TO HAVE STEAK. Every day...every meal had to have red meat. I HAD to eat. I would actually get nauseated and very ill if I didn''t eat what I was craving.

This pregnancy? with the exception of craving grapefruit in my first trimester. (thank god a low cal craving this time) I haven''t had any cravings. I don''t get sick if I don''t eat every 5 seconds like I did before, and I eat a LOT less than I did when I was pregnant with my son. In fact, with the exception of a shake the other day, I''m eating so much healthier than I have in years.

Guess what? Gaining the same amount of weight. Looking the same as last time. Getting pregnant in my arms, face, and thighs. Oooh..I have little chubs & dimples on my knees.
25.gif

I think you are just kind of genetically predetermined to gain pregnancy weight a certain way. You can control it a bit by trying to make healthful choices, but if your body wants to pad your arms & legs to support the pregnancy, then it will. I personally carry a ton of muscle (former athlete) so that''s why I can be a size 4 and weigh almost 130 at my height normally....so I think my body wants the fat when I''m preggie.

My really rail thin size 0 & size 2 friends? Well, lets just say my jealousy knows no bounds. True, they all gained about 40 to 50lbs too (recommended gain for underweight women is 40lbs..and they are all tall too) one gains 60lbs with each pregnancy & drops back into her pre preg weight fast! They killed me & my chubby self with their long thin arms, long dimple free legs & cute basketball bellies.

But...they had body image issues too. Each one agonized as her body morphed.

I think its just hard no matter what your body type, or weight gain while pregnancy style. The best you can do is try to eat healthfully as much as you can & stay within the recommended weight gain. I found exercise is a HUGE boost to your pregnancy ego. Everytime I work out, I feel thinner, stronger, and more radiant. I don''t see a chubby chick in the mirror when I''m walking & doing yoga. It was hard for me to work out in my first trimester from morning sickness, but if you can do some sort of exercise the whole time, it does improve your outlook.

Just make sure to eat...if you aren''t getting enough calcium & calories, your baby will just zap your body''s supply of nutrients instead. Baby will actually sap calcium from OUR bones if we aren''t getting adequate amounts.

that said..time for some fage.... (yogurt...got the 2%).

Ok, that was long winded, but then i"m nothing if not overly verbose. Only time you can get me to shush is underwater. LOL
3.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, it was a good appt. this morning all right!
21.gif

Technically, I''m due Jan 2, 2008, but I''ll actually go sometime in December most likely. Seems 34-37 weeks is about how long most twin pregs last, so I could go as early as late November! So weird to not really have any clue at all when we''re going to see them ...

I don''t have much to add yet on the weight gain issue, other than that I agree that every body is different and unpredictable. I''ve heard of people putting on 6 lbs when pregnant with twins (!!!! -- and they were good-sized babies!!), and I''ve heard of people putting on 70 lbs. with one baby, so who knows?! But yes, I think that no matter what, watching your body get bigger is hard.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, you are right. I wish I could tell the extra weight where to go but I can't so there you have it. I imagine women of all size have a difficult time not only with the weight but other, beautiful changes (wierd hair growth, oily skin/hair, stretch marks, roadmap veins...) I don't think I personally am "glowing." I know Singer mentioned she feels more beautiful now but honestly I don't. I was looking at our wedding photos yesterday (probably a mistake
20.gif
). I am happy being pregnant and KNOW anything is worth having a child but sometimes it just gets to you! My self-esteem is *much* better now that I have "popped." But like I mentioned my DH does not help. When people compliment me my reaction is shock (which probably is NOT a good thing) Oh well. We all have our issues. Cravings sounds scary since I don't think I have ever had an offical one. Obviously there are stuff I am in the mood for or stuff that tastes better or worse. I have been seriously mainlining Quick chocolate milk (seriously like crack to my taste buds). I figure the calcium out weighs the fat. haha.

Ell, Congrats mama! I was so relieved to enter trimester 2. I am finally feeling more relaxed about things (it is hard not to worry something is going wrong or going to happen). You probably will go early but prepare to go the whole time. Like I mentioned before my aunt was a week LATE with twin girls. As long as the babies are ready it doesn't matter.
1.gif
I love your u/s story! UB sneaking into the frame. Too funny! Do you get an u/s everytime? I am not sure I will have another one. Depends on the progress. I would order from Gap but am scared b/c of the sizing. Maybe when we go to the wedding in ohio I can convince DH to take me to the mall (yeah right!)

By the way I bought a "Belly Book" from the site Vegas posted (I bought a baby book too b/c they has a really cute one). So even though I am half way done (well over now) I remembered a lot of the stuff. I figured it will be fun for my child to read as a teen/adult and fun for me to re-read during my next pregnancy. I didn't take weekly photos of my belly though (they have a spot for those). Oh well! It has a spot for the u/s and shower info. That kind of stuff. I even put a photo of the positive preggo tests we took.

EDD 10.28.07

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha, we have photos of the "pee sticks" too
21.gif

Have a great birthday weekend, Tacori!!

EDD: 1/2/08

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Gail – I think I am who you are looking for… I haven’t posted much on the weight/image discussion, because well, I really haven’t had much of a problem. Sure I have my fat/frumpy/ugly days, but for the most part, I have had no issue with my changing body and I don’t think DH has either. I am sure he misses my flat tummy, but the boobs arent a bad consolation prize!
31.gif

I am so not petite… size 12/14, 6’ tall and normally around 180-190, but I actually started this pregnancy at 207
14.gif
. I was trying to get my weight back down (went crazy loosing weight for my wedding, then went crazy eating afterwards to “reward” myself) and kept having family problems get in the way and then I got pregnant. Not super happy, but it was what it was. My biggest “embarrassment/belly ache” was having to take a gestational diabetes test at my first appt because I weighed over 200.
40.gif
I was just upset I had gotten caught so big.

Clothes were a little hard to find at first, but once I figured it out, I had no problems. It just took a while to find what I liked. I was being picky on top of needing big and long, but I refused to change my style just because I was pregnant, I also refused to pay $$$ for stuff I would be in for 5 months. I started shopping at women’s stores (Lane Bryant, Avenue, etc) for larger bottoms to help me transition into maternity. I actually have on my non-maternity size 16 jeans from Avenue today at 25.5 weeks. I discovered Lane Bryant had a maternity shop online and bought work pants from there because they were in the style I normally wear and fairly cheap. Motherhood is hit or miss on sizes and lengths, but I have had a lot of success there. At the higher end stores (MiMi, Pea in the Pod), I can only wear tops and dresses since they only go up to large. I’ve just learned what works, just like with my regular clothes, and keep buying from there.

I love watching my body changing. I constantly look at myself in mirrors and reflections. I am seeing numbers on the scale I have never seen before, but its not bothering me at all! I was advised to aim for gaining 20-25 pounds and Tuesday at my check up, I was at 222, so I have gained 15 pounds. I am very happy with that, esp since I plan on not only loosing my baby weight, but getting my weight back down to where it should be. I guess since I have always been big, its not such a big deal to get bigger, esp since I have the best reason in the world for it. I havent had any negative comments from any one either. Of course I had a cousin tell me how fat I had gotten a few weeks ago, but she was trying to be obnoxious I think. Not a big fan of hers anyways. Dh got on a kick one night of calling me his fat wife (actually I think I started it beacuse I was in that stage) but after about the 4th time it got old and I gave him the look of death!
11.gif

Hope that is what you were looking for! And if not, at least you other ladies can always say "at least I dont weight as much as NJC!!!"
9.gif

EDD: 10.02

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results