shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Four pages in one day?? Wow!

Congrats to the new preggos. Hang in there.

Hi to my twin mommy cohort!

Still preggo...26 1/2 weeks. Measuring 34 cm. Another 1hr glucose test tomorrow. Now that I know what to expect, no big whoop.

To an earlier point (snlee''s?) -- lots of random people are touching my belly uninvited. To people I know, I will often smile and say, "Yeah, my behind is getting bigger, too. Do you want to touch that?" Random strangers will touch it first and then say, "Do you mind?"
20.gif
That may be a function of the places I hang out. There must have been a belly rubbing memo sent out at one point.

Take care, all.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and to all who recommended for watching Happiest Baby on the Block DVD -- Thank you! Watched it last night. Really good stuff!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
thank you to ellaila, regalada, Kay, lover in athens, ephemery1 and jas for the warm welcome and kind words
1.gif

PS is such a great community.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 7:32:57 AM
Author: jas

To an earlier point (snlee's?) -- lots of random people are touching my belly uninvited. To people I know, I will often smile and say, 'Yeah, my behind is getting bigger, too. Do you want to touch that?' Random strangers will touch it first and then say, 'Do you mind?'
20.gif
That may be a function of the places I hang out. There must have been a belly rubbing memo sent out at one point.
Jas, I am totally going to steal this response from you! Although knowing our friends, they'd say "sure!"
32.gif
Some of our friends have immediately wanted to touch it, but I haven't been quite as bothered as I thought I'd be. Other than one, who got down on his knees so he could cup his hands and speak directly to my belly... that was a little weird.
20.gif

But so far I haven't had any belly-rubbing from strangers... either I'm not showing enough, or like Tacori, I give off some sort of "hands off!" vibe. If/when it starts to get excessive, I have full intention of following up with "...and can I touch yours too??" and giving THEM a good belly rub in return. Nothing like making people uncomfortable to get them to realize something might be inappropriate!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, babies are so funny! I''ll let you know how it works. I got it as a gift but it was on my Target registry. It also works for restaurant highchairs.

eph, I bet you were adorable. Doctors LOVE fat babies.
2.gif

Kay, I love my babytrend snap ''n go and it is only $50. (Just a thought). My friend has the space saver high chair and loves it but she does wish she could wheel her daughter around like you can on full size highchairs. I am still loving my boon. I personally never used my bottle warmer and KNOW I would have never used a sterilizer. I would get the microwave bags and if you find you ARE using it than buy one.

snlee, I am uploading pics from my camera right now. It is listed as an accent table. My crib and dresser are both urban (so matching collection). Changing table just a white one from wal-mart. Side tables, I got lucky they are the EXACT color from Target. They are a different texture (faux grain vs. the nice wood as my urban) but good enough for me.
1.gif

msb, he was so angry with himself. Oh well. It is just a car!

Jas, memorize those Ss. They REALLY work!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee, this is for you!
9.gif

Tessa_sidetable.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also I had to post this picture. So funny! She was in her jumper in DH''s office and I went to go check on her. She was passed out! Jumping is hard work. Not sure how *that* was comfortable.

T_so-tired.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Cute photo, Tacori! Gabe falls asleep in the jumperoo all the time too ... it baffles me how that is comfortable, but he does it ALL the time so it must be!

I don''t think anyone touched my belly when I was preggo! Maybe like one person?

As for "stealing mom''s beauty," I gotta say I felt pretty darn cute when I was preggo and I got two cuties out of the deal, so ... pffffft to that theory! My skin was better than ever (don''t ask about my PP skin though -- like three, four months PP, ugh!), my hair was nice and thick, and I was all belly until the end so I really felt pretty good about my appearance. (It wasn''t until about 30 weeks that I started feeling like a ton of bricks. Fat bricks.) So to all the newly preggos, don''t worry too much about how BAD you''re going to look -- you may be surprised with how GOOD you look!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies, thanks for the welcome! And all the cute pics!

So here''s a question following up on Ellaila''s post: did y''all find that it was easy to keep to healthy eating and only increasing your calories by the amount you need? Or did stress and cravings make you put on more weight than the 25-35 recommended pounds? Any tips or thoughts?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and Tacori, that nursery is adorable!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori! The table looks very nice! It looks a bit darker than my espresso though. Not sure if it''s the photo but it looks more black? The picture of Tessa asleep on her jumper is so cute and funny!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ella, aren''t babies so funny!

Indy, you do NOT want to know how much I gained
14.gif
but looking at her I forget about that. It doesn''t matter (much). I know with time I will lose it. It is hard though. I was never overweight until I had a baby. Did you see my nursery pics in the nursery thread? I had such a good time putting it all together.

Snlee, it might be a little lighter in real life. Hmmmm...it matches my espresso crib/dresser PERFECTLY. I would check out Target. They had some other side tables in different colors. I did change the hardware on those.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori -- that picture on the swing is hysterical. They are so bendy when they are little! Yes, I may watch the DVD a few more times just to make sure. I''m already worried I''ll jiggle their little heads to hard, but I''ll get the hang of it.

Ella -- I feel the same way! I feel pretty darned attractive and proud of my planetary belly...my 1st trimester, though, I was one big pimple.

Indy -- congratulations, first of all...sorry I flew through the last few pages and missed your original announcement. I think if you focus on healthy eating, rather than on caloric values, it helps. I''m already up 30 pounds and may gain up to 20 (or more) additional pounds before this is all over, but I feel good knowing most of that weight is from good lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies, and the occasional pint of Ben & Jerry''s. Listen to your body, especially when it tells you that you''re not really hungry. I had a few times when food just tasted so good I wanted more, even if I was full. I''ve been pretty lucky in that I''ve had a baby on my stomach for awhile now, so I''ve never really been hungry...I eat because I have to. Trust yourself.

Ephem -- Use the line, I think I stole it from someone else. Hope you are feeling great.

Am at my folks for the week while DH is on a well-deserved boys'' fishing trip. Three dogs to keep me company! I''m in heaven.

The nursery is almost done but for the painting. We have only one crib but aren''t worried about a second one for a few months. Also have a changing table, dresser, glider. Need a garbage pail or diaper genie.

Starting to really think about big questions, like nursing. Lots to decide and only about 10 weeks to decide (if I can clench and keep them in until 37 weeks.)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jas and Tacori!

JAs with twins, I assume you have to gain double the weight and double fat reserves, right? So then it sounds like you''re right on target.

I''m jealous that y''all have nurseries. I''m going to be living in a rented apartment next year, away from home when the sprog pops out. Not like we have room for a nursery in my 1 bedroom condo! But at least it''s ''home''. But, whadaya gonna do.
26.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, my neighbor is nursing her twins so it can be done. Just do whatever is best for you. I wish I had felt good about myself while preggo...oh well. I am glad you are feeling good. Can''t wait to see your nursery. That thread needs to be revived for sure!

Indy, I think it is hard for most women (gaining the weight) but honestly you get to the point where you just deal with it. Healthy baby is the most important thing.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:08:57 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks Jas and Tacori!

JAs with twins, I assume you have to gain double the weight and double fat reserves, right? So then it sounds like you''re right on target.

I''m jealous that y''all have nurseries. I''m going to be living in a rented apartment next year, away from home when the sprog pops out. Not like we have room for a nursery in my 1 bedroom condo! But at least it''s ''home''. But, whadaya gonna do.
26.gif

Actually, with twins it''s a recommended 50% increase over singletons (i.e. we''re supposed to gain 35-45 pounds.) Most twin mamas gain at least 50, often closer to 60 or 70. I think I had double the fat reserves in my tushie before I even got pregnant.

"Sprog" LOL

I hate decorating, so this whole nursery thing is more a PITA for me than a joy. Thank goodness for wallies stickers. Instant cute!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, too bad I don''t like in WI anymore (you are in madison right?) I would totally decorate your nursery for you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehehe...love all the new pics as always.

Congrats Indy!

LIA, yay for your boy!

Jas, that story was scary...you had mother''s intuition for sure. Eek, that really just gave me goosebumps...I have nightmares of something happening to my little girl.

lili, Amelia HATES tummy time. I feel like I''m torturing my child when I do it, but I know it''s good for her. That''s great that J can flip back over...she''s advanced for sure!

lisa, eek on that stroller! My friend and I tested a Jeep stroller as she was interested but it just felt so flimsy compared to the BOB. She opted not to buy it.

Curly, you and lily look great!!

lia, 18 weeks and tiny...wow...

msb, I love your little cheeky prince.

Tacori, that is too darn funny...Tessa is such a ham...even when sleeping! Congrats on the new car!

Janine, I have a mesh bumper, same as Tacori. As Amelia is not even three months and during around in circles in her crib, it''s scary to find her pressed up against the side. I sleep more peacefully with that mesh bumper and can''t imagine using a plush one.

snlee, not only did a waitress at outback steakhouse totally rub my belly...she then turned to my 50+ year old boss and asked him if he was the father!
23.gif

welcome sbde!

mela lu, I hear ya on the fatigue. I was just dead tired the entire first trimester, often going to bed by 7 pm and struggling to get even there...

Re: girls stealing your looks. I had no acne, but boy did I have the greasy hair! I didn''t feel that much uglier, so I am not sure if we support that theory...

Kay, if you are getting a graco carseat, you may want to check out the snugrider stroller, which is Graco''s version of the snap and go. Although I''m sure the Maclaren is going to steer better, I do like the fact that the Graco one is made for those carseats and the carseat actually does "snap" into place.

Jackie, hehehe. I said the same thing re: growing butt when people wanted to touch my belly. I offered a "gut and butt" touchy special.
9.gif

Hey MrsS, how is Jake doing with the miracle blanket? I am beginning to wean Amelia off hers by leaving an arm free. I have LONG since not bundled her her legs...I just use it as a straitjacket around her arms. She still loves it.

Anyway my date night last week was great, but the movie (the new Indiana Jones) was AWFUL. Oh well..at least we had fun together. TGuy is out of town again for the next few days...I kind of dig it.

So any of you moms experienced growth spurts? A few weeks agom Amelia woke up screaming about 2.5 hour from when I put her down. It stopped after two days. This past weekend, TGuy said he would watch her Sat night so I could do a girl''s night out. Of course, Amelia picks that night to start up her screaming again. TGuy had never heard it (he was out of town the first time it happened) and freaked out. An hour after trying to console her, he calls me frustrated and asks me to come home.
20.gif
You know...why is it that men think it''s an option to call their wives to come home and take care of a crying baby? I know I am not the first person this has happened to. We would never call them to come home and take over baby duty....

Well, I got home and he was still trying, even though he told me on the phone he was giving up. I suppose I could have gotten irritated at him, but I just kissed him, thanked him, said he did a great job and gave her a bottle and put her right back to bed. The next day TGuy was supposed to watch her for a few hours during the day while I went to get my hair cut. I thought for sure he would say he couldn''t handle it, but he got right back in the saddle without a word, and it went so much better. So I was glad I took the encouraging route with him, and was very pleased that he just keeps trying. I think sometimes I forget that he''s just not as used to her as I am.

Anyway, re: the growth spurts, Amelia woke up crying every 2.5 hours that night and this went on again for 2 days. I fed her extra bottles and she was fine. I''ve heard other babies doing something similar, so it might be good for y''all to know that if your baby seems extra fussy and is acting "weird", s/he might be going through a growth spurt and may need a bit of extra grub.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, she is very dramatic. Sounds like you had a fun date night (even if the movie was bad).

ETA: Oh, poor TGuy. I swear Mr Tacori drugs T every time he watches her b/c she is perfect (and usually asleep!) I am impressed you got your hair cut. I haven't since she was born
6.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
eph~I think baby rolls are adorable! I''ll be praying for ya that you don''t have to pop out a 10 lb baby on your first try!
2.gif

Kay~Glad to hear your aunt''s house is okay. Great list btw!

jas~glad everything is going well. I thin we could use a recent belly shot of that beautiful belly of yours!
9.gif
2.gif

sbde~Don''t know how I missed this earlier, but congrats!!

Tacori~That pic of Tessa is so cute. Babies do some of the craziest stuff. I''m constantly giggling at T.

Kay~I know Tacori said she didn''t use the bottle warmer and I have friends that didn''t either, but wanted to let you know that we were in the camp that did. We just got the cheapest version. But, T was a little picky so when DH fed her breastmilk he always warmed it and now that she has to be on ready to serve we have to keep it in the fridge and she likes it better at about room temperature so we warm it a tad. Just FYI.

Independent Gal~I never really stressed about gaining weight. I ate when I was hungry. I tried to be conscious of what kind of foods when in my mouth, but that doesn''t mean I didn''t occasionally have myself some icecream or french fries. I gained 45 lbs. My doctor was happy with my weight gain my entire pregnancy so I didn''t stress at the number on the scale. It''s different for everyone but I lost it all by about 4 months.

Tgal~While I''m sorry you had to go home early from your girls night, I''m relieved to hear that someone else''s husband has struggled like mine. My DH is so sweet and he tries so hard but for the longest time he could not calm T down when she was upset. Just lately he''s found his own way and is doing MUCH better. I''m so glad because he was really so upset. He kept saying that she "just likes you more."
8.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:08:57 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks Jas and Tacori!

JAs with twins, I assume you have to gain double the weight and double fat reserves, right? So then it sounds like you're right on target.

I'm jealous that y'all have nurseries. I'm going to be living in a rented apartment next year, away from home when the sprog pops out. Not like we have room for a nursery in my 1 bedroom condo! But at least it's 'home'. But, whadaya gonna do.
26.gif
Indy, no nursery for me!! We are also in a 1 bedroom condo. So is Curly, actually... she already has 1 baby, and another on the way, so she's our resident expert.
1.gif
Are you planning on setting up the baby stuff in your bedroom or in the living area? I've heard of people doing it both ways, but our plan is to have the "nursery nook" out in the main living area, and kinda play it by ear from there. I'm really not too concerned about space issues... too many other things to think about instead!

As for weight gain, I have always had a HUGE appetite... as in, I typically ate more calories a day than my 6'0, 185lb husband. But as soon as I get pregnant and the morning sickness set in, I lost my appetite completely. I've been feeling better for about 6 weeks, but still don't eat quite as much as I used to. I think my stomach shrunk! I've gained about 8 lbs total, but most of that was in the past month, so I have a feeling it's going to pile on quickly now. I've never been an obsessive scale-watcher, but it IS unnerving to see the number creeping higher and higher each week. My main issue is I KNOW I don't drink enough water... I really need to work on that.

Tacori, that is SUCH a great shot of Tessa in the swing... one you guys will always look back on and laugh! For such a tiny girl, she has those perfect chubby baby thighs too! Seeing your pix reminds me... I need to start researching a new point-and-shoot camera. I think that's going to be my main bday request in August. Mine is only a few years old and still works great, but it might be nice to have something new. Any suggestions from the techie people out there?

ETA -- Burk, I appreciate your "average-size baby" prayers!
2.gif
Especially since I am still considering the whole drug-free birth thing. My mom had us naturally and acts like it was no big deal (other than the 3rd degree tearing... ugh), but I REALLY can't imagine.
23.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ephemery, I think if we actually go to stay in my very own 1 bedroom condo it would really be OK. The problem is that we have to move to the east coast for several months, so I''m actually going to be living in someone''s else''s place when the baby is born. Aaaaand I haven''t even found a place yet. So we''re kind of homeless! But I''ll find something.
5.gif

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

This thread is so crazy, I don''t think I''m going to be able to keep up! But rest assured, I''m enjoying everyones'' pics and stories.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s been a crazy week since my mom moved into town last thursday -- seems like i haven''t slowed down! Last tuesday I had a tooth abscess (never had that happen before and i have been putting off the extraction for a while since i didn''t have insurance...it''s a wisdom tooth and it''s coming out next thrsday!) -- poor girls got to be drugged for a few days b/c tylenol 3 (with codeine) tooth the edge off after regular tylenol and ibuprofen did nothing.... I felt guilty about taking it, but at the same time, i use a steroid inhaler daily for my asthma/allergies that i can''t go without and it''s a class "c" med too -- was on it with all 3 of my boys and they were fine. but still....

So last thursday was my "big" u/s (even though i get one every time) -- both babies were definitely confirmed to be girls (which we expected, but baby A''s last pic was vague at best) -- and both babies are still measuring a few days big. (yay!) baby a was 11 oz and baby b was 10 oz (at 19 weeks) so i was happy -- plus everything else looked and measured well. I''ve gotten even larger, but am loving it when i''m not cursing the various aches/pains
20.gif

Congrats to the new preggos on the board and as always, i''ve enjoyed catching up with all the wonderful pics! My pic disc from the u/s didn''t work (again!) so i can''t post pics of the girls, but they are partying away (and DH finally got to feel them move!)

Have a great evening -- i''ll be back sooner rather than later....

ps Tacori -- my boys used to fall asleep in their jumpers too! That pic brought back lots of happy memories for some reason
1.gif

jen (20 weeks today)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
jen, sorry to hear about the tooth problem. I need to get a filling redone that I''ve been putting off. My dentist is very conservative and wants to wait till after I deliver. From what I''ve read though, it''s okay to have work done. Good luck! Yay on a great u/s and healthy girls! And happy half way point! Well, more than half way since you''ll deliver before 40 weeks!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Snlee -- thanks! yeah, i WAS trying to wait and put things off until after the girls come, but the tooth had to go and abscess and at that point, there''s no putting it off. No fun! How weird to think i am "past" my halfway point!
jen

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!
Sad news...that bleeding turned out to be the beginning of a miscarriage. I lost the baby this afternoon and didnt even make it to our scheduled u/s. I''m going to my Dr. tomorrow to confirm the m/c.
DH and I are just laying low for now, but hope to be back on this thread in the future.

All the best to the Mommy''s and Momma''s-to-be!!
emhug.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
So sad, Ms. Mela...

My thoughts are with you and your husband
7.gif

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Mela...I''m so sorry to hear your news. I''ve been thinking about you today. Big hugs and hope to see you back here really soon!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Jen...congrats on the 20 weeks! I forget that we are so close in due dates (only 5 days apart, but I guess I always think of you as further along because we know you''ll go earlier!). I''m glad the u/s looked great! Would love to see a belly pic! :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooo sorry, Mela. My thoughts and prayers are with you. *Hugs*.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results