shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mela I''ll be interested to see if your theory is right. My hair is much greasier and I have MAJOR cystic acne, also all along my chin. I''ve been "feeling" that it''s 2 girls...so we''ll see if our hypothesis holds for me too. I''ll let you all know of course as soon as I know!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NF, I think that is one of the reasons I really thought I was having a girl. Greasy hair was my first symptom! Gross.

Kay, oh okay....I was just going to say I got side tables at Target that match the expresso perfectly and they are even on sale now. I didn''t want to pay $300 (or whatever they costs) per end table for a baby! She already has nicer furniture than us! At least someday it can be a full size bed.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick post before heading home from work.

About Baby girl stealing mommy''s beauty, my ex-coworker said the exact opposite because she had two boys and she said she was really ugly when she was pg with them (swollen face, acne, discoloration, you name it). Either way, I hope my daughter is cute as the baby and big girls on here because she hasn''t really been stealing my "beauty". Considering I have really bad acne throughout my HS and college yrs and broke out every period, I am surprised that I didn''t broke out during the pregnancy. I will trade bad acne for a cute baby. hehe.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 7:00:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
NF, I think that is one of the reasons I really thought I was having a girl. Greasy hair was my first symptom! Gross.

Kay, oh okay....I was just going to say I got side tables at Target that match the expresso perfectly and they are even on sale now. I didn''t want to pay $300 (or whatever they costs) per end table for a baby! She already has nicer furniture than us! At least someday it can be a full size bed.
I hear ya! This little girl is going to have waaay nicer furniture than I did growing up. I don''t remember what I had when I was really little, but in jr. high and high school I had a twin bed with a metal frame (no headboard or footboard), oak laminate bookshelves from K-mart and a hand-me-down black painted dresser. The bookshelves and dresser followed me to college and grad school. I was in my 30s before we bought really nice furniture. I would have loved to have this Munire furniture when I was younger.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 6:50:25 PM
Author: Kay

Date: 6/17/2008 6:05:58 PM
Who is getting the urban in espresso?!? I can't remember!
I thought it was one of the other October moms, Snlee or Ephemery, but am not sure. I loved the Urban in espresso but alas DH did not. I think we are getting the Munire Park Avenue, but are waiting for the store to get in floor samples.
I think it was Eph? I got an espresso crib but not urban. Our baby will have nicer furniture than us too! LOL Tacori, what side tables are on sale at Target? I tried searching online but couldn't find it.

I'm still looking for a dresser with no knobs or handles. Maybe Ikea will have something that'll work. I don't feel like paying that much.

Q, I'll trade bad acne for a cute baby too!
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 7:20:07 PM
Author: snlee
Date: 6/17/2008 6:50:25 PM

Author: Kay

Date: 6/17/2008 6:05:58 PM

Who is getting the urban in espresso?!? I can''t remember!

I thought it was one of the other October moms, Snlee or Ephemery, but am not sure. I loved the Urban in espresso but alas DH did not. I think we are getting the Munire Park Avenue, but are waiting for the store to get in floor samples.

I think it was Eph? I got an espresso crib but not urban. Our baby will have nicer furniture than us too! LOL Tacori, what side tables are on sale at Target? I tried searching online but couldn''t find it.

I''m still looking for a dresser with no knobs or handles. Maybe Ikea will have something that''ll work. I don''t feel like paying that much.

Q, I''ll trade bad acne for a cute baby too!
2.gif

Snlee: We have some dressers from Ikea that don''t have handles. IIRC they have a number of styles like this.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 7:00:19 PM

Interesting Tacori...if that is a sign then I MUST be having two girls.
2.gif
My hair has gone from needing to be washed every 4-5 days (no joke, I have super thick wavy hair) to needing to be washed every 2 days or so. Crazy!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
thanks Tacori. Kay, Q. NF and all for your nice words. I''m not giong to call my dr., as i know first tri bleeding is normal. I have mild cramping (like pre AF style) and when I go pee the water is ever so slightly stained and there is red and brown blood, and light clotting on the TP. humph. My regularly scheduled period ''would'' have started next monday (6 days from now). does that qualify for ''breakthrough bleeding'' while pg? *or whatever the tech name is....

I''m already really hormonal and emotional, so this is not as easy to manage as I thought it would be. My Dr told me as soon as she confirmed the pg that spotting was normal. i''m just going to breathe and rest. breathe and rest.

my u/s tomorrow should shed some light as to if there are any dev''p problems or irregularities. If there are, then I''ll call my dr. Otherwise, I''m just going to pray that this passes.

send me some sticky dry vibes girls!
10.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I just love the pictures, everyone. So gorgeous, these babies!

I also love reading this, seeing how different lives are once a baby comes along. I can''t wait!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, I have never heard a mom of a boy say that. Huh. My neighbor gained 50 lbs with her daughter and only 30 lbs with both of her sons. I guess it is not scientific anyways
2.gif
3.gif
I must have a super model baby b/c I was UGLY! Or at least I thought so.

Kay, we STILL don''t have a headboard!
20.gif
But we are doing our downstairs first since that is what people see. Someday....

snlee, I think she is getting the urban in white. That''ll be easy to match. Not sure if Target has the tables online. I''ll check. They were $99 (I think) and I saw them yesterday on clearance for $68. They are the perfect espresso, two small drawers, and polished silver hardware. I replaced them to brushed (more my style). If I can''t find it online I''ll try to remember to take a pic tomorrow (if you are interested). The monster is sleeping right now and nothing short of the house being on fire could force me to go in there.
9.gif

NF, my hair felt greasy while I was STILL IN THE SHOWER (after washing it)!!! It was crazy.

mela, hope you are feeling better!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Mela: i'm thinking about you! i hope the spotting is nothing!! i had some bad bleeding around 14 weeks and it was SO SCARY. please keep us posted...

Jas: well, i'm glad that they found an answer for the insomnia. i give you a lot of credit for sticking with the bf! hang in there! we're always here in case you need to vent!

Igal: yay...welcome to the preggo thread! i felt REALLY tired from about 6 weeks and had a tiny bit of nausea. around 9 weeks the vomiting hit FULL force and lasted until about 13.5 weeks... but everyone is different! hopefully you want have the vomiting. it's NOT fun!!

MSB: your son is SOOO cute. i LOVE his hair!!

SBDE: welcome and congrats!

kay: if you don't mind sharing, i'd love to see the list you've compiled!! you're so funny about your intimidating rep going downhill!! :) so exciting to feel the little one moving isn't it?? i LOVE it! also, i know they're not very attractive, but have you tried support hose? they really help with the swelling and can prevent varicose veins (esp if you're on your feet a lot).

softly: i think it's interesting to see what happens with friendships... there around about 5 couples that dh and i are really close to. EVERY SINGLE ONE has had a baby within the past 24 months or so. we've actually managed to maintain most of the relationships...i give a lot of credit to the parents; i can't imagine it's been easy. although sometimes they try to include us in "family" things and right now, we're just not that interested (i'm sure that will change in, oh, about 5 months!)

diver: congrats on the mac. keep us posted about your ongoing love affair. i'm still with good ol' windows, but i've been sorely tempted to make the switch lately...

tacori: LOVE the new avatar! btw, i FINALLY got over to smtr. your ring is STUNNING. truly beautiful!

regarding the pimple issue...i had a few more than normal (which is usually very minimal) the first couple weeks and suddenly again on my chin. OH NO!! dermatologists aren't supposed to have zits!! as you know, i'm on team blue for what it's worth... my hair hasn't been any more oily. i certainly do NOT, however, have the preggo glow!!!

i wore clothes to work today for the first time in about 2 weeks (instead of scrubs). i had literally 10 people tell me that my belly was "so cute." and 2 people who didn't know i was pregnant congratulate me. FINALLY! :)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Glad your doctor appt went well! Is Seasonique the one where you only have your period 4 times a year? Is that what you were on pre-Tessa? Did you like it?

LIA~ Your weather sounds horrible! There''s another storm in the forecast for tonight, but our daily temps have been beautiful so I can''t really complain.

Regalada~Congrats on making it 37 weeks! Regarding help: I had my mom and aunt come over to help but the help I wanted was laundry, meals, cleaning. I am pretty anal about the house being clean and knew I would over do it with new baby, no sleep, ect so I specifically asked for help in those areas. I did not want them taking care of the baby while I did those things!
2.gif
9.gif
And for outfits, I brought a few with because I wasn''t sure how big she was going to be (doctor thought at least 8 lbs) so I had one for pics and one to take her home in.

Curly~You and Miss Lily are such a beautiful pair! YOu look fantastic in your gym wardrobe!

Q~Thanks, it''s been nice not having to spend the evenings in our basement b/c of tornadoes!
2.gif
And yay for being all belly!

Kay~Thanks! I hope your family hasn''t had any big losses! These storms have been horrible. We lost a big part of a tree in our front yard, but luckily it went into the street as opposed to into our house! Good luck registering. I found it very stressful. I will add that an exersaucer or a jumperoo are a MUST for the later mos. My T LOVES her jumperoo. Oh, and she still uses the play mat. It''s handy.

msb~your little man is so handsome!

Jas12~I''m so sorry about your insomnia. I''m sure you feel some relief finally having an answer, though. My goal was to BF 6 mos. We all know that didn''t happen. Yes, it was hard at first, but I made the best decision I could for my child. You will too. Hang in there!

mela lu~Enjoy your us! So fun! oh, just read about the spotting. You''ll be able to relax after that US tomorrow! I spotted through my whole first trimester.

Independent Gal~Congrats on your pregnancy! My morning sickness did get worse, but as others have said, eveyone is different. Mine also didn''t go away until 15 weeks
23.gif
. I woke up every day after week 12 wondering if it would be the day I didn''t feel hungover!

Diver~Yay for new computer! I''m a mac girl all the way. I was converted when I started teaching at my current job and they had all macs. LOVE them!
I''m sure I missed something...threads a hoppin'' as usual. I''m off to the baby stuff thread to see if anyone has posted about convertable car seats. T is going to be out of her Chicco in no time b/c she''s so long......
6.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lia, wished you lived here! I need a good dermatologist! Thanks for the compliment about my ring. Today I wore it stacked with my wedding band and really liked the look. Perfect for days I don''t want to wear my e-ring.

Burk, I loved it! I was actually sad to get off it. I can''t remember how long I was on it. More than a year. I get cysts and I never had one on seasonique. I am really looking forward to getting back on it. We have a Britax Roundabout but haven''t used it yet. T is a shortie!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Interesting. I just picked up some new samples at my OB's the other day because I wasn't loving the pill I was on. If I don't like this Yaz better, I'll ask for the seasonique.

My top two choices are the Roundabout or the Sunshine Kinds Radian. I am leaning towards the Radian. My biggest issue is that we need two car seats and I do not want to spend that kind of money on two carseats! Since the second one will be in DH's vehicle and used rarely, we are considering getting the Evenflo Triumph for his vehicle. Thoughts?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, 80lbs?!?!? That is like an 8th grader? What is the ht. max. on the chicco? My friend''s baby is very tall (90%) and still in her''s at 11 months.

I did not have any problems on seasonique but my SIL had spotting. Everyone is different but only having my period 4x a year! Ahhhhh.....so wonderful. Speaking of...wonder when my honeymoon is over.
15.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Ha! That''s Tessa as an 8th grader and Tayva as a 2nd grader!
3.gif
9.gif
No, the Radian also has a 60 lb seat which is also a front runner. I just don''t know what to do for the second seat. I obviously want something safe but don''t really think we need the "bells and whistles" that the Britax and Sunshines Kids get good reviews for if we''re not using it that much. I don''t know. As for the chicco-30 inches is the max and she''s 27.5 already (at 5 mos). She looks like she''s too big for it already although her feet don''t quite hang off the end. I''m also tired of toting around the infant carrier.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I misspoke....the Britax Boulevard is my other front runner since it goes up to 65 lbs. This stuff is so confusing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got our Britax when they had their big sale. You know you always could leave the infant carrier in your car and use an umbrella stroller. T is 16 lbs and she does get heavy!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Good idea about the umbrella stroller! My T is 17lbs and sometimes it''s such a PITA to carry her and whatever else I have in my hands at the time. Like yesterday I needed to run into target and exchange my husbands razor blades (I got the wrong ones
20.gif
) and it''s just such and ordeal with the infant carrier ya know.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 9:49:56 PM
I got our Britax when they had their big sale. You know you always could leave the infant carrier in your car and use an umbrella stroller. T is 16 lbs and she does get heavy!

tacori, Tessa is only 2 lbs heavier than Jake..that is just so funny to me. My jake really is a big boy..

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!! Checking back in after another busy weekend... I finally did all my cleaning/organizing! YAY! Considering my usual tendency toward procrastination, I'm feeling very proud of all my proactive "nesting".
2.gif
I've been full of energy (that 2nd tri honeymoon period, I guess!) but feeling lots of unfamiliar aches and pains. I'm pretty sure I've got some Round Ligament Pain going on... although it's lasted almost all day, 3 different days. I heard it was usually more of a sharp pain that only lasts a few seconds? I have my 24 week OB appt on Thurs, so I'll ask then I guess.

I tried to read back through everything I missed, but don't know how thorough I was... here goes nothin':

Mela, SBDE and Indy, congrats!!
30.gif
It is crazy to welcome newcomers to this thread when part of me feels like I'm still a newcomer myself! Mela, I had spotting 2 different times during my first 8 weeks. Definitely scary, but from what I was told, not unusual. Fingers crossed for you! Indy, my "24/7 sickness" started around 6.5 weeks, and lasted through 16 weeks, ugh. It stayed pretty consistent throughout... just intense nausea that got worse as the day went on, but no real vomiting. Hopefully yours doesn't get any worse!

Jas, sorry to hear about the estrogen issues but it's great to get some answers. I agree with Ella and the others, do what you have to do to be a healthy, happy mommy... if that means stopping breastfeeding earlier than you planned, no big deal.

MSB and Curly, thanks so much for the pix!! Curly, I had the same gorgeous chunky thighs as Lily when I was a baby... although with about a trillion more rolls! Actually, Burk, I have a feeling I had a similar build as Tayva... always the biggest baby in the church nursery, my mom likes to remind me!
9.gif
I was an almost 10-lber at birth... I'm wondering (apprehensively) if Lyla will take after me.

Softly, Diver, and others who commented on the "friendship" topic... I love reading everyone's thoughts on that matter. I feel like I've become much more of a "quality over quantity" friendship person over the years... I have an absolute best friend that I talk to multiple times a day, and a few others that I talk with over email/IM primarily, but I've already let go of a lot of the "acquaintance" type friendships I'd accumulated over the years. I'm a bit lazy/impatient about friendships I guess... I don't like pretense or pleasantries... I need people who I can totally be myself with, or else it's just not worth the energy to me. Still, I'll be the first of my friends with a baby, so I wonder how much that will change things... and whether I'll end up meeting new people when I enter this whole new mommy-world in October.

Tacori, I'm getting the Munire Urban in White, so fortunately shouldn't have too much trouble finding matching stuff. Great find on the tables though! I am soooo excited for the furniture to come in... I know it's going to take forever though. My stroller gets here on Thursday though, yay!! Can't wait to have something new and fun and gadget-y to play with (right, TG?
2.gif
) I told DH I was going to push my raggedy old baby doll (yes, I still have her, she will be celebrating her 29th bday with me this year) around the park in it. He's terrified that I really will.
31.gif

Neat, glad everything went well at the ultrasound! My baby girl has definitely been "stealing my beauty" as well. The acne on my forehead/chin was CRAZY for the first 4 months (much better now). Now I'm dealing with a lovely case of bacne, ugh... I went to try on bras today at VS (semi-annual sale!) and cringed when I looked at my back in the mirror. It is BAD. My hair has actually been less oily than usual though, which is a nice change.

Diver, congrats on the new "baby"! Fortunately my Dell is still going strong, but Macs are awfully tempting. Maybe someday. You know this means we're going to expect lots more pictures from you, right??

ETA -- Forgot to say congrats to Tacori on the new car!! Talk about fun new gadgets, that definitely beats my stroller!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, does she sit yet? I always forget her age....anyways I hear ya on PITA it is to run in somewhere quickly. I have one of those big fabric things that go in the shopping cart. I am going to try it out next time I am out with Tessa. I figure since she can sit well, she should be able to in the front of the cart right?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~She''s 5 mos (tomorrow
21.gif
). She doesn''t sit yet without a little assistance. She falls to the sides while reaching for toys. I''ve seen the fabric things and I think I''ll have to get me one. Let me know how Tessa does with it.

Eph~So funny that you were like my Tayva. She is a big girl!
21.gif
The outfit she wore today was 12 months (and she''s only 5!
6.gif
) Good work getting your cleaning/organizing done. Oh, and my mom had all big babies and Dh and I are both tall (5''10" and 6''2") so my doc thought my T would be large as well. We induced at 39.5 weeks for my fear of a HUGE baby. She came out at 7lb 11 oz.
2.gif
9.gif
She''s making up for it now, though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, she might be closer to 17 lbs by now but she is a little thing. Oh well!

Burk, love the new AV. She is so cute. I am not usually a germ-a-phobe but something about shopping carts really grosses me out. Plus she puts her mouth on everything.

eph, no your stroller is exciting too! How funny! I can''t wait to see pics of the urban in white. I am sure it will be lovely. I was so excited to find these side tables it was kind of pathetic. Now I need to find new storage bins...stupid recall
29.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Thanks! Did I comment on your new av? It is such a darling pic of Tessa! I have some issue with germs...and on shopping carts would be one of them (I also struggle with hand rails...just thinking about how many people touch them...ick) Everything goes in my T''s mouth as well. Speaking of-tonight during her bath, Tayva decided she wanted to put the washclothe in her mouth, which wouldn''t have been that big of a deal, if I didn''t have it under water!! I stopped her right before her head went in, but it scared the crap out of me!

Ack....was going to work out (we have a treadmill)....now a shower and bed sounds so much better....I''m terrible!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 10:21:30 PM
Author: Burk
Tacori~She's 5 mos (tomorrow
21.gif
). She doesn't sit yet without a little assistance. She falls to the sides while reaching for toys. I've seen the fabric things and I think I'll have to get me one. Let me know how Tessa does with it.

Eph~So funny that you were like my Tayva. She is a big girl!
21.gif
The outfit she wore today was 12 months (and she's only 5!
6.gif
) Good work getting your cleaning/organizing done. Oh, and my mom had all big babies and Dh and I are both tall (5'10' and 6'2') so my doc thought my T would be large as well. We induced at 39.5 weeks for my fear of a HUGE baby. She came out at 7lb 11 oz.
2.gif
9.gif
She's making up for it now, though!
I'm so glad to hear there's hope that Lyla won't come out too ginormous!! I was 9lb 13oz, and my brothers were 10lb 3oz and 9lb... and we were all born early! My mom also keeps warning me not to buy anything in 0-3 month sizing because it may never fit her, so I've been buying everything big. I guess there's no way to really predict though. The funny thing is, even after that roly-poly first year, I was always a small kid and now I'm only 5'5". DH is 6'0, but he was a small baby. Tayva is probably much more proportional than I was... I really did have a LOT of rolls. Cute rolls, though... even though DH thinks my baby pix are hysterical.
31.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Diver, congrats on the new MacBook – sounds like fun!

Mela, sending dry sticky vibes your way. Let us know how your appt goes tomorrow.

Burk, my family is ok. My aunt had a couple windows broken in her sun porch from a neighbor’s tree falling. A couple others lost trees/landscaping but had no house damage.

Eph, congrats on finishing your cleaning and organizing.
36.gif
I feel like that process will never end.

LIA, I haven’t tried support hose yet. I sit at a desk all day, so I don’t know if I need them, although I would hate to get varicose veins. I wear sandals to work now, so hose would add another lovely layer of “fashion” to my currently less-than-impressive work wardrobe. I don’t mind sharing my list, but it is long. The first 2 pages are the top picks for the biggie items based on reading Baby Bargains, PS and other research. The 3rd page is my checklist of smaller items I don’t want to forget to pick up. The 4th page is excerpts from Tacori’s list that were most relevant to me – I’m not posting this page because everyone should read Tacori’s entire list and decide what is most relevant for the individual’s situation.

Biggie Items:

Car Seat: Graco SnugRide or SafeSeat Infant Car Seat plus extra car base

Stroller: Maclaren Easy Traveller (“snap ‘n go” style for car seat) ($70 at Amazon/BRU/BBB)

BundleMe: JJ Cole Urban Infant Bundle Me (Colors: Stealth or Ice)

Playard: Graco Pack ''n Play Portable Playard with Bassinet & Changing Table (Colors: Margo $80 at Amazon; Mondo $105; Bancroft $100; Clara $108)

Highchairs: Fisher-Price Healthy Care $90-100 or Chicco Polly $110-130 or Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair $50 (straps on regular chair)

Swings: Graco Sweetpeace newborn soothing center ($170-180; $144 at BBB w/ coupon) or Graco Silhouette $100 or Fisher-Price Rainforest Open-top Cradle Swing $120

Bouncers: Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer $40-50 or Fisher-Price Learning Patterns Infant-to-Toddler Rocker $35-45

Play Centers: Evenflo Exersaucer and Tiny Love Gymini Activity Gym

Monitor: Sony BabyCall NTM-910, 900 Mh, 27 channels, rechargeable batteries, $40 (available at Sony Style; dual receiver model available for $70)

Bath: PRIMO EuroBath tub ($24 at Amazon or BRU) and 4moms Digital Bath Spout Cover with Built-in Thermometer

Carrier: BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Active ($96 at Amazon in Black/Silver)

Mobile: Tiny Love Symphony-in-Motion Mobile with Remote Control ($50 at BRU or BBB)

Bumper: BreathableBaby Padded Mesh Crib Bumper ($28 at BRU)

Safety Gates: Kidco Gateway (pressure mounted; metal) $65 [avoid plastic gates] or First Years’ Hands Free Gate $50

Breast Pumps: Ameda Purely Yours $150 (Lansinoh Lightweight Double Electric Breast Pump at Target is same brand $150) or Medela Pump in Style Advanced $280-330

Bottles: Dr. Brown’s (avoid polycarbonate = BPA) polypropylene OK

Sterilizer: Avent Sterilizer Express – Microwave $30 or Avent IQ 24 Electronic Steam Sterilizer $90

Warmer: Avent Express Bottle and Baby Food Warmer

The Top 4 Best Toys for Infants (per Baby Bargains):

1. Stride to Ride Walker (Fisher Price, $25). 9 mo+ Your child must be able to stand to use it. First, it is a push toy. Then it converts to a ride-on. Has music, lights and more—or quiet mode.

2. Lamaze Soft Sorter (Learning Curve, $20). 6mo+ Various fabric cubes and shapes have different textures and sounds. The “sorter” has special size openings for each shape, teaching baby how to sort.

3. Buffoodles. (Mary Meyer, $10) Infant+ Cute, colorful puppets in soft velour. www.marymeyer.com.

4. Ocean Wonders Fishbowl (Fisher Price, $15). Six months and up. Babies love this mesmerizing toy, with music, lights and sound all set to an aquatic theme.

From PS: Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium

Mattresses:

Foam: Colgate: Classica I $100; Visco Classica (w/ memory foam on toddler side); 2-in-1 (½ foam, ½ coil) $140; Natural I (line sold at Children’s Land)

Coil: Simmons Super Maxipedic Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress, 160 coil, $115 at BRU; or Sealy Baby Soft Premium Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress, 204 coil, $100 at BRU; or Sealy Natural Rest Mattress, 204 coil, $80 at Target

Organic: NaturePedic NO-COMPROMISE ORGANIC COTTON CLASSIC Baby Crib & Toddler Mattress, 150 Coils $260, 252 Coils w/center support $300, sold at USA Baby

Smaller Essentials:

Cloth diapers (for spit rags/burp cloths)
Disposable diapers (Pampers Swaddlers) and/or G Diapers
Baby wipes (Huggies Natural Care Unscented)
Diaper rash ointment (Butt Paste, Triple Paste or A&D)
Baby shampoo/body wash (California Baby or Burt’s Bees)
Baby lotion (California Baby or Burt’s Bees)
Nail clippers & emory boards
Brush
Pacifiers
Washcloths and hooded towels
Diaper pail or covered trash can
Changing pad & cover(s)
Dishwasher basket & steamer bags
Mirror for car
Diaper bag + holders for diapers and wipes
Layette:
Swaddling blanket 1-2 (Miracle Blanket or Halo)
Sleep sacks 2-3
Gowns 2-4
One-piece footed sleepers 4-6 (zippers easier than snaps, make sure have access to both legs)
Tees & Onesies: 6 of each size, at least 3 kimono type short or long sleeve tees
Caps 1-2
Socks 3-6
Pants 2-4
Receiving blankets 4-6
For mother:
Prenatal vitamins
Lansinoh Breast Cream
Maxi pads
Tucks
Colace
Nursing pads
Nursing bras/tanks

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, if it''s not too much trouble to get a picture of your new side tables, I''d love to see. Then I''ll try to stop by Target to see if they carry it. It''s hard to find matching espresso furniture. How did you shop for matching furniture? Our other furniture doesn''t match so I guess it''s not a huge deal. We didn''t have a headboard either for 3+ years. We just recently bought a bed frame. We need to pick it up still. I can''t wait for it to be all set up!

I''m a germaphobe so I''ll need to get over this after the baby comes. Shopping carts are icky! I don''t know what I''ll do when my baby boy starts putting everything in his mouth!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Kay: you rock...thanks for posting that! it must have taken a ton of work to put it together! would you mind posting it in the baby finds thread too? figure it will be easier to find that way!!!

Regarding the pressure stockings...even if you sit all day, it might really be worthwhile. or at least make sure you''re elevating your legs under your desk. it''s amazing how much fluid can accumulate while you sit in a chair (we deal with old people''s incompetant leg veins all the time and it''s always a battle!).
the hose can be kind of expensive (especially if you go with jobst brand which runs about $50-60 per pair!!). i like "allegro" and they''re much less expensive (about $10). the website brightlifedirect is great to get them!

Eph: glad the organizing thing is done! must feel sooo good... i need to get started packing up my phoenix house and then packing up the tucson house so we can move into our new home (we close on thursday...yikes!!)

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori: My DH did the exact same thing with mine! he kinda scratched one of the rims, so i was like ''PHEW!! it wasn''t me who did the first time around ;-)''

ellaila/Kay/LIA/Burk/emph: thanks on ur lovely comments about little K

mela: Hope all is okay!!

Softly softly: i kinda drifted apart from ALL my friends at the beginning only coz i was so busy with my son and by the time i had some time to breathe, i just wasn''t in the mood to entertain or be entertained....after he grew up a bit and things were on track and on a schedule, things became better and i got back in touch with all my friends (mommy friends and single friends)...its hard to adjust, and there many times where i have to decline a ''sudden'' outing that my single friends had coz i couldnt leave my son at the drop of a hat with no advanced warning..but they have grown to understand my priorities and family commitments and respect me for that..but i can totally relate when u just want some ''quiet me'' time...

Diver: Congrats on the new laptop =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results