clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:35:59 PM
Author: Dani

Date: 3/31/2008 9:34:00 PM
Author: mrssalvo
YAY t-gal..my water broke with my first. i wasnt'' feeling any contractions with here. I waited a couple of hours and went to the hospital. they waited 4 hours and i was still not feeling the contractions and was only dilated to a 1 so i got pitocen. hopefully, you are progressing and no need for the meds..good luck gal, we''re all thinking and praying for you tonight. i can''t wait to meet little ttot too.

dani- you really think i 9 lber???
32.gif
..we''ll that''s a few more lbs instantly gone at least
3.gif

YES, MrsS!!! I really do. And I have a great reputation around my floor for guessing baby wts from the outside....My record is almost flawless, I usually come within ounces.....LOL!! Granted, this is based on a pic and not IRL, but I am still pretty confident in my approximation!!!
2.gif
9 lber! They think TTot is 9 lbs maybe. We''ll have bookends! Hee hee.

I''m definitely feelin cramps come and go. Hooray....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:37:49 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 3/31/2008 9:33:20 PM

Ha ha!!!

Seriously, if you arent GBS positive, just chill at home for a bit. Take a bath/shower, walk around, etc. Once you get to the hosp they are going to slap the monitor on you and make you stay in bed, at least for awhile.....And that will get annoying.
Dani, we are sitting here discussing this. I think that is what we want to do. We will wait another couple of hours. We are comfy at home and joking around and I am having crackers and water. We haven't even timed contractions yet.

I am GBS negative. I'm being careful and clean down there (not that I'm normally dirty!) so I hope it's OK. I know there is risk for infection but TTot is moving and it doesn't seem anything out of normal. We'll wait two hours, I think.

Yes, this is definitely fine. Hang out at home, unless any of this happens:

- baby's movement decreases
-you start having frank vaginal bleeding (bright red, flowing out)
-the fluid coming out turn greenish or brownish, instead of clear/yellow
-your contractions get so painful that you need meds/epi

Sound good?
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal, you are awesome. So calm and composed. I think most people kind of freak out when their water break or is that just in the movie. hehe. Keep walking around.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:39:59 PM

Date: 3/31/2008 9:37:49 PM

Date: 3/31/2008 9:33:20 PM

Ha ha!!!

Seriously, if you arent GBS positive, just chill at home for a bit. Take a bath/shower, walk around, etc. Once you get to the hosp they are going to slap the monitor on you and make you stay in bed, at least for awhile.....And that will get annoying.
Dani, we are sitting here discussing this. I think that is what we want to do. We will wait another couple of hours. We are comfy at home and joking around and I am having crackers and water. We haven''t even timed contractions yet.

I am GBS negative. I''m being careful and clean down there (not that I''m normally dirty!) so I hope it''s OK. I know there is risk for infection but TTot is moving and it doesn''t seem anything out of normal. We''ll wait two hours, I think.

Yes, this is definitely fine. Hang out at home, unless any of this happens:

- baby''s movement decreases
-you start having frank vaginal bleeding (bright red, flowing out)
-the fluid coming out turn greenish or brownish, instead of clear/yellow
-your contractions get so painful that you need meds/epi

Sound good?
2.gif
Sounds like a plan. The fluid before looked more brown, but I think it was because it was still mixed with blood. It''s TTot''s movements that have me most concerned, so I will monitor closely. It sounds like AF, yes? Thanks Dani, I feel better with you "around."
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:43:00 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Tgal, you are awesome. So calm and composed. I think most people kind of freak out when their water break or is that just in the movie. hehe. Keep walking around.
Qtiekiki, I believe I''ve said before, I do not fear L&D. I am worried that I am sitting here with TTot unmonitored, but I am having faith that s/he''s OK. We won''t wait very long if TTot stops moving, believe me.

Take a lot of time and read positive birth stories...of all kinds. Epis, natural, csections. It will be amazing what it will do for your confidence. Right now I feel very calm and poised on the brink of a very cool race.

However, talk to me in the morning and I will bet there will be swear words.
3.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
No problem, TG. I 'm glad I can be here for you.

It definitely sound like AF, especially since you have continuous leakage. If it was bloody fluid no problem, that is normal. I was just wanting to make sure you are aware that if there is meconium-stained fluid it would be more of a greenish/dark brown color, you know? Not clear at all. Because meconium fluid warrants going to the hospital and getting monitored now vs. waiting it out....But honestly if you had meconium you would know...its looks like poopy water!!!
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal, i''m so impressed with how calm you are and that you are still posting. if/when my water breaks i''m making a mad dash for the hospital b/c i don''t want to miss my chance for my epidural. heck, if i start having any type of consistant contractions i''m hightailing it out the door
3.gif
. good for you though, you are just going to do great and i really do hope you get to deliver the way you want. obviously dani is right, they will hook you up when you get there so it''s good you are staying at home as long as you can.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:50:06 PM
No problem, TG. I ''m glad I can be here for you.

It definitely sound like AF, especially since you have continuous leakage. If it was bloody fluid no problem, that is normal. I was just wanting to make sure you are aware that if there is meconium-stained fluid it would be more of a greenish/dark brown color, you know? Not clear at all.
Yes, I had read that so I did the thong examination and sniff test. Ew gross TMI. But the first pass was totally and completely clear. If there was meconium, I was wanting to go to the hospital asap. I''ll keep checking though. Maybe I''ll make TGuy look.
11.gif

Now I''ve graduated to some special granny panties (size LARGE) I bought and pads. Labor is sexxxxxxxeeeeeeee....

lili and Jas..this is what you have to look forward to as FTMs!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Dont worry, TG. It sounds like its clear fluid. Just hang out for a bit, and if any of the above happens (list I mentioned before) head over to the hospital. Good luck! You are going to do awesome....I will be around if you need anything else.....So excited for you!!!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:57:22 PM
Dont worry, TG. It sounds like its clear fluid. Just hang out for a bit, and if any of the above happens (list I mentioned before) head over to the hospital. Good luck! You are going to do awesome....I will be around if you need anything else.....So excited for you!!!!!
36.gif
Thanks Dani and Mrs S. Hugs to you all. Maybe I''ll go to the SMTR forum and check out some bling.
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hey TGal-
Don''t forget to get one quick snapshot of yourself in your preggo state before you become a mommy.
Also, now may be a good time to do it too since you are probably still fresh looking and not screaming like a maniac
3.gif

Hehe, like others, I am really impressed at how calm and collected you are. That''s great...
I think you''ll go through labor with flying colors.

Can''t wait to meet Ttot or should I say Amelia
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting TGal!!!! My AF was bloody and gushed out with every contrax
14.gif
My water broke AFTER my contrax started though so I can''t advise you there (about when it gets painful). Mine did have meconium so beware. Look out for it like Dani said b/c they need to know about that.

Dani I was huge. I would have been curious what you would have through Tessa''s weight would have been.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck TGAL wishing you and MR TGUY a lovely sprog soon
36.gif
(Ask Mr TGuy what that means i think its an Adelaide term
1.gif
)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:58:36 PM
Maybe I''ll go to the SMTR forum and check out some bling.
1.gif

Or go bake that chocolate cake so that you can eat it after your delivery
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, did it smell?

Katebar, I will ask him. He''s in the loo right now...I think he may be hiding.

lili, I think I WILL make that cake. I can bring it to the L&D nurses...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my water broke with Ash, it was at a restaurant. No clue what it looked like. I was thankful I had finished my meal, roast beef in fact!!!
18.gif

I was just trying to get out of there without causing a scene. The waiter was asking if we wanted desert. Hubby said, well normally we would but my wife's water just broke. The guy was OMG, her water broke!!! He yelled it to the roof tops. So much for a quiet exit.
20.gif

Hanging out at home is going to be way more comfortable than hanging at the hospital. Dani is the expert, you are lucky she's here to help you along. Again, all the best wishes, you'll do GREAT.

I admire you, you are a strong gal, with a kick ass sense of humor. Best combo around.
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 10:16:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh
When my water broke with Ash, it was at a restaurant. No clue what it looked like. I was thankful I had finished my meal, roast beef in fact!!!
18.gif

I was just trying to get out of there without causing a scene. The waiter was asking if we wanted desert. Hubby said, well normally we would but my wife's water broke. The guy was OMG, her water broke!!! He yelled it to the roof tops. So much for a quiet exit.
20.gif

Hanging out at home is going to be way more comofrtable than hanging at the hospital. Dani is the expert, you are lucky she's here to help you along. Again, all the best wishes, you'll do GREAT.
I admire you, you are a strong gal, with a kick ass sense of humor. Best combo around.
9.gif

Lisa, you poor thing.
They didn't give you a complimentary dessert to go?
3.gif

That's one of thing DH is concern about. He suggests that I wear a pad starting wk39 just in case
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey I was in so much pain by that point I wasn''t really paying attention but I don''t REMEMBER a smell. I actually LIKED being monitored and in the hospital but I am strange like that. I am a worrier. I am sure the nurses will LOVE you after you bring them cake. Not sure when you are suppose to STOP eating in case of a c-sec. I am sure Dani can clue us in. I think I went 14 hours from my last meal until she was born. I never felt hungry until AFTER she was born. Don''t forget the ice cream!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili not sure if a pad would help. At least not how my water broke.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
TGal I would get to hospital before the contractions really start ok? Driving during contractions is probably one of the world''s most uncomfortable experiences IMO and if your husband is anything like mine he found every bump and pothole etc. Things were tense to say the least by the time we go there
1.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
ACCCCCCCKKKKK! I KNEW it....just KNEW KNEW KNEW she was gonna be an April Fool''s baby.
9.gif

I think it''s Amelia, checking in for her first diamond round!

T-mom, you''re going to do GREAT. Will have you in my thoughts and hoping for a smooth delivery and a joyous experience for you both.

Tell T-guy to come out of the loo. LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal, hubby was forcing me to watch Rooster Cogburn (sp), so I got on here instead. I have not been in here in weeks. But something told me to check in, and here you are, about to deliver!

You go girl. I'm rootin for ya, au natural!
2.gif

BTW, I'm adding you to the, "You know you're a PS'er when", you should be going to the hospital to deliver, but instead you change your av and keep posting.
9.gif

GOOD LUCK!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
TGAL STILL HERE????

This is so fun laboring w/you!!! You are even funnier in labor.......

once my kids go to bed,i''m opening up some wine in your honor!!!! cab. sauv.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also I heard answering their million and one questions once strong contrax start is horrible. Just a thought.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Can I join? I cant believe Tgal is posting while in labor LOL. I remember when my water broke I got up, took a shower then left. Halfway to the hospital the pains all of a sudden got reeeaally bad. I''m still not over the nurse asking me questions (A million) during contractions & then get mad when I couldnt answer right away.

Goodluck Tgal!
emrose.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wow TGal, you are pretty amazing! When my water broke, well before any contractions started, I went to the hospital as fast as possible. No way I could''ve been calm enough to wait it out a bit, nor did I know nearly enough info. to realize that was an option.

Good luck! I''m excited for you!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cake is in the oven. TGuy called out what I was doing when he heard me in the kitchen, and I said I am baking a cake. He said "you''re sh*ttin'' me!" I''m thinking, he''s doing that fine on his own, it seems.
14.gif

Then my bro came by unexpectedly to film. So we have cake making on tape. I told the camera I am probably one of the few wackos washing dishes while in labor. Hee hee.

I am having a BITE of cake. No one can stop me. Don''t mess with a woman in labor!!!

Tacori, you''re not weird. I am a worrier to some degree too. I also like finding the shortest lines and always am anxious until I get into one. I am type A in many things. I''m surprised I''m not rushing to the hospital to make sure I get a "good" room and not an overflow one. This is not like me.

We''re staying here until at least 9. I told my bro to come back then. That''s 4.5 hours from my water breaking.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
tgal---you r killin'' me........hey..btw, i''ll be in LA in Oct.....w/kiddos!! Let''s meet @ the Grove!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh tgal...you are totally cracking me up. i completely understand about the cake. when i baked the red velvet cake on easter I wanted a piece so badly I said I didn''t care if i went into labor i was eating a piece of cake b/f i left. so, here''s to you for making good on the promise I made..hehe...enjoy that cake!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal motherhood is ALREADY mellowing you out! I am the same way with lines. Even if I am not in a hurry. It is a sickness really. I am so excited for you!!!! I hope that cake tastes often and SHOULD be the cake you make on TTot''s birthdays. How special and fitting. I still think it is a boy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results