shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Msflutter -- oh my goodness, I didn''t read very carefully and missed your post about the accident. I am so glad you are ok...I sympathize with what you are feeling -- I had a terrible accident in November (me vs. semi vs. median) and totalled the car. I am still squicky about driving. I am SO glad you are ok, girl!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Labor dust all around!!!

Tacori~Glad Miss Tessa was a good traveler! Sounds like a great trip! I am interested to know how many lbs your dad put on Tessa!

Jackie Jas~ Sorry about the insensitive comments. Some people just don''t think before they speak. You were very PC!

MrsF~So sorry about the accident. Glad you and Ian are okay.

Gemma~Congrats and welcome!

Ella~Yea for Gabe and rolling over!!

Lili~YOU ARE TINY!!! You look like I did at 30 weeks!!!

So, today is my first day back at work and it''s MISERABLE!!!! I cried the whole way from the sitters to work. I keep thinking of all the things she''s doing that I''m missing. The only thing keeping me sane is that my good friend is a SAHM and is watching her.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Jas -- sorry you had another rough night! I hope you''ll pop soon
2.gif

TGal -- looks like tomorrow''s your day
1.gif
I loved your conception story and LMAO for the first time in a long time at the "tw*t snot" reference! Try not to sweat the pitocin contractions -- should you get them -- I''ve been through ''em both ways and I''ve had 1 c-section and 2 VBAC''s and for me it was getting my water broken that brought the contractions on the hardest, but it was much faster labors after induction.... at that point you''ll just be grateful to being on the way to delivering TTot anyway :)

And FWIW for all of you -- my c-section was NOT my most difficult recovery (it actually wasn''t too bad at all!) -- my 9 lb 10.5 oz VBAC boy was the worst... so for those of you fearing a section, i hope this gives you *some* comfort!

Lili -- you look amazing! I''ll take those legs right now!
2.gif

MrsS -- i know you''re ready and it''ll be anytime now!

Tacori -- glad to hear your trip went so well!!

Jackiejas-- those comments killed me. Haven''t any of them been pg before? I''m so impressed that you didn''t bite anyone''s head off! :) Oh yeah, the very first day I had an ultrasound picture to show people I got "well it''s better you than me" and " double trouble" all from the same person... whatever happened to "congratulations"?
20.gif

Ella -- I wonder what it is about the nursing question that people feel like it''s ok to ask? The only people I would EVER consider asking that question to would be close family members or friends that I would talk openly about *anything* with -- or people on a baby bulletin loard, of course. I used to get it with singles and I''m betting everything rude is worse with twins. I''ve already had a few what-I-would-consider-rude comments (everyone thinks they''re a comedian) and I''ve also been told by 2 adult students of mine that me having twins makes sense b/c they thought I was farther along than I thought I was -- and oh, how i am gonna be huge. gee thanks.
20.gif
Do tell what else you had to put up with!...

Gemma -- congrats!

Ephemery --- iced tea is one of the few things that''s good (to me)right now -- decaf works wonders
1.gif

everyone else -- hiya!! hope you''re all doing/feeling well!

I got a lot of sleep this weekend and am dreading skating this afternoon -- saturday morning my blade came totally unscrewed from the bottem of my boot and that could have been a nasty unexpected fall if i hadn''t caught it when i did, so my skates are being fixed today (they''re in HORRIBLE shape!) and i''m even more on edge about skating now! But since i *do* already look 4 months along, i probably won''t be reaching those skates to tie ''em for long... i hate to admit it, but i am really looking forward to sitting on the side to teach. i just don''t have enough energy! oh, and i fell in love with watermelon all over again this weekend -- so i have something besides toast to eat :)

Have a great day!
jen

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk....I just weighed her. Looks like she put on .8 of a lb in 10 days!
23.gif
Pretty good! I still have 10 days before the doc''s appointment so I am aiming for a full lb in 1 month.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Way to go Tessa! That's good eatin.
3.gif
Tayva was 12 lb 13 oz at her 2 month...hopefully she passes my piglet up!
6.gif
Oh, and love the new pic!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 2:33:27 PM
Author: Burk
Way to go Tessa! That''s good eatin.
3.gif
Tayva was 12 lb 13 oz at her 2 month...hopefully she passes my piglet up!
6.gif
Oh, and love the new pic!

Tayva is normal! My dad said they are suppose to double their birth weight at 3 months so she is healthy. Tessa probably will NEVER be a big girl b/c genetics are against that! But I hope she hasn''t been starving for the past few months
7.gif
That would make me feel horrible! I still don''t know if it is me not making enough milk (how ironic after all of this!) or not feeding her often...or b/c she spits up a lot....or just likes formula more (falls asleep or doesn''t get down to business when nursing) Who knows. I wonder if I can buy the high cal stuff at the store. It was nice getting it for free though
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gals, daily check in from me. add me to the sleepless night club. i toss and turn and am up all the time too. no signs of anything yet either. i''ve got one diamond baby so a second will make quite the *mother''s ring*...lol...

tacori- so glad your back and she was so good for you. we missed you around here.

Jackiejas-you creak me up...

snlee- hey girl, how are you feeling?

burk-i can''t imagine how hard it must be for you to leave your little one, but sounds like she''s in great hands..i''m sure it will get easier..

jen- be careful on those skates girl...that is scary!!!

lili- you look soooo itty bitty, since we have basically the same due date I''ll post one last pic of myself, this will show you how little you really are because i have a HUGE belly. i''m 5''3" by the way. and seriously, this will be the last preggo photo i will post publically
3.gif
i''m 38 1/2 weeks here..

mrs3839lastpic.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS you look great! My belly was the size of yours too but I had to deal with the heat
14.gif
You are much smarter than I! I can''t wait to "meet" little Jake. I missed you girls too!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. S, my dear, you are ALL BABY! SO cute!

Really......you look fantastic. You look healthy and happy....who could ask for more.

NOW LADIES - BRING ON THOSE BABIES!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, here is a new few pictures from our trip. Here is the happy baby!!!

Tessa_happy-girl.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parent's lab LOVED her. They had fun together. Here Tessa is petting her.

T-petting-L.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not even the dog''s kisses scared Tessa.

L-kissing-T.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you can see the size difference! The lab is 80 lbs. Tessa was kicking her and the dog could have cared less. Labs are so calm.

L-kicking-T.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, the new photo of Tessa is adorable!

I don't know what type of insurance you have but you should ask your pedi if s/he will submit a claim fo your ins. to cover the higher-cal formula b/c Tessa is low weight. Ours does! For the past two months, we have gotten 30 cans a month (15 per babe) FREE. That's $450 worth of formula per month FREE. So it's definitely worth it to ask!! We just switched to hubby's insurance and I'm not sure if his will cover it though, so our good thing may be over soon
39.gif

Wecome Gemma! Congrats, mama!

MrsS, you are seriously too cute for words. Two words for you: all. belly.

ETA: T, I was writing when you posted photos. ALL the new photos of Miss T are super cute!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Iam back from yet another lunch date--i feel like a "lady who lunches" b/c i''ve been on so many lunch dates with SIL, MIL and GIL . No wonder this bebe does not want to come out--he/she has never been better fed!
Started to get some cramps but they stopped again--damn the false alarms!

MrsS. --your belly looks fake! Almost like you are holding something under your shirt b/c you are so small everywhere else. Might i add that you are so young looking as well. You look about 20 in your pics!
Sux to not sleep doesn''t it. I was almost in tears last night with frustration. 2 nights with maybe 4 hrs in total--painful. I think it is a combo of discomfort, peeing, nerves, excitement, worry. At least i can nap during the day--u have to run after the girls!

Tgal--That is a great conception story worthy of an April Fools baby--only the ''fool'' must be explained as the baby saying "see, fooled ya, you didn''t think you''d conceive me then, and you thought i was due March!" vs any other interpretation of the word ''fool''
I was thinking about my conception as well. Iam pretty sure it happened on our wedding night--the first time in 11 years of dating that we didn''t use a condom (i''ve never been on the pill) that''s pretty flukey as well since I *never* thought the first time would be *the* time! If it wasn''t then it was our first night of the honeymoon, which started in Rome. If that is the case, it would better explain being overdue b/c that was several days later. I guess you are pretty positive of your due date based on the "one snot wonder" Ha!

Eph--> I remember lemonade tasting soooo good early in my first tri. You could try that if you want to cut back on caffine.
I drink around a 1/2 cup to a cup of coffee now and thru most of the pregnancy (i totally did not want it the first 14 weeks and then one day-bam-i craved it again) a little caffine won''t hurt i don''t think.

Tacori--luv the new avatar--sounds like Tessa is becoming quite the easy going traveler--that''s super. I am hoping i have the same luck come Oct. when i have to bring baby to Europe. I''ll need your expertise.
--i know this baby will come soon, its just hard to sit here and wait. I know you know the feeling all too well--I am 5 days over now and although that''s not so out of the ordinary, i just feel like crap so i am thinking ''what''s the hold up''?!

MrsF. --Glad you are okay!! Scary!

Ella--make sure you write down the ''roll over'' milestone. That''s so neat watching the two of them start to do new things at different times, and with 2 to keep track of you''ll need to keep a little journal so you can look back on it.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, great new Tessa photos--luv the doggy ones!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ella & Jas. Ella I''ll have to ask my doc. Free is always good!

Jas, do you have an induction date?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
tacori~ Adorable pics of Tessa!! We have a chocolate lab and he''s super gentle with Tayva. Gotta love labs. Tayva is in the 90th percentile for weight and 95th for length so she''s a big girl, but I am tall and so is DH so it''s not much of a surprise. Genetics are a crazy thing!

Mrss~You are ALL belly. So cute.

Jas~at least you''re keeping busy with the lunch dates!
2.gif

My first day of work is over.....I''m off to pick up my baby. I missed her so much! This was seriously the worst day ever!! I can''t imagine having to do it over again tomorrow! I keep hearing it gets better with time. I hope so. At least I have summer break to look forward to (I''m a teacher.)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome new Tessa photos. I love the doggy ones and her petting him and getting kissed. Awwww..

MrsS, you look great! What Jas said is what I thought...it almost looks fake because you don''t look like you''ve gained an ounce anywhere else!

Jen, watermelon was TOTALLY my first tri thing. I could not get enough of it. I still dream about watermelon, but they are not that good yet. I am going to eat tons of watermelon after TTot is born. And I think you should stay off the skates...boy it makes me nervous for you!

Jas, I hate not being able to sleep. I keep thinking, if I DO go into labor, I''m already tired at the starting line! I''m just wired. I can''t figure it out. But last night I also had pain...like I ate something bad and I am still feeling it today. Just icky tummy feelings on the upper half of my belly. Nothing below my belly button. I am wondering if it is in my stomach.

And I remember when you came back from your honeymoon and announced you were preggo. I was like, whoa! That was fast! Just shows you that whatever is to be, will be.

Well, 40 weeks into my pregnancy, I have had my first REAL craving. I was in bed this morning feeling icky and then a random thought came into my head...I thought, man, chocolate cake sounds good! Never mind that I am not supposed to have too much in carbs this week! And coincidently, I have everything I need to make chocolate cake in the house since last year when I was reading the WWT, Mara posted this recipe for chocolate, low guilt muffins. I just might have to cave and have warm chocolate cake. Maybe if I have something yummy smelling in the oven, this bun in my oven will want to come out and check it out?
41.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Tacori -- great pictures! My heart just melted a little!

Question -- I''m coming up on 16 weeks soon...my next appt. is next Monday. They will ask if we want an amnio. Is it ridiculous to want to wait for amnio until after the 20 week anatomical US...if we see a problem with the US THEN we would do an amnio? Or is that just backwards?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 4:13:40 PM
Author: jas

Question -- I''m coming up on 16 weeks soon...my next appt. is next Monday. They will ask if we want an amnio. Is it ridiculous to want to wait for amnio until after the 20 week anatomical US...if we see a problem with the US THEN we would do an amnio? Or is that just backwards?
Jackie, I think for me, it depend on whether I would do anything if the baby wasn''t "healthy". At 20 weeks, it would be very difficult for me emotionally to terminate if anything were wrong. Easier at 16 since I was feeling anything then. Once I felt the baby move, all bets were off. I think unless it was something life threatening to the child, I would not have terminated the pregnancy.

So if you are going to keep them both regardless and are just having the amnio to prepare mentally for any challenges, then I would say waiting until 20 weeks is fine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I *really* hope it gets easier
8.gif
At least summer break will be here soon! I am not a dog person but labs are sweet. I think she thought T was one of her puppies.

TGal, don''t worry about the carbs! Indulge in all of your cravings.

Jas, thanks. I can''t answer your question since I didn''t have one.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Salvo, I agree with the others you are ALL BABY, you are darling!

Tacori, Tessa is so beautiful; I love that first picture!!! The other ones are super duper cute too! She is adorable, what a fun baby
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skip. She has a great personality. The first few months were rough but of course worth it. Now if she would just SLEEP life would be really good! Haha.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, you ARE all baby, you look amazing!!!

Tacori, those pics of Tessa are so darling. Gosh you just want to eat her up. What a cutie!! Glad you had a nice time seeing your parents!!!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lisa. We did have a nice time.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 4:19:43 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Jackie, I think for me, it depend on whether I would do anything if the baby wasn''t ''healthy''. At 20 weeks, it would be very difficult for me emotionally to terminate if anything were wrong. Easier at 16 since I was feeling anything then. Once I felt the baby move, all bets were off. I think unless it was something life threatening to the child, I would not have terminated the pregnancy.

So if you are going to keep them both regardless and are just having the amnio to prepare mentally for any challenges, then I would say waiting until 20 weeks is fine.
Thanks Tgal -- we would do it for emotional preparation only. I was just wondering about timing of all this.

Appreciate the info!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo -- I can only reiterate what everyone else has pointed out -- you are all belly and you look divine!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 4:39:09 PM

Date: 3/31/2008 4:19:43 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Jackie, I think for me, it depend on whether I would do anything if the baby wasn''t ''healthy''. At 20 weeks, it would be very difficult for me emotionally to terminate if anything were wrong. Easier at 16 since I was feeling anything then. Once I felt the baby move, all bets were off. I think unless it was something life threatening to the child, I would not have terminated the pregnancy.

Thanks Tgal -- we would do it for emotional preparation only. I was just wondering about timing of all this.

Appreciate the info!
Then I think you could wait. BTW, my post should have said I "wasn''t" feeling anything at 16 weeks. They can''t make you have an amnio if you don''t want one. But they say 17-20 weeks is the timeframe...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Still no babies?!?!? Wow, ladies. I hope you''re all hanging in there. So sorry about all the sleepless nights. It''s gotta suck. I''m telling you, I had no indication that I was going to go into labor. My due date was on a Sunday. I worked that Friday and told everyone I''d see them on Monday. DH and I went out to dinner that night, had ice cream, took a walk and made all of our plans for the weekend. Wouldn''t you know that I went into labor that night (actually early the next morning). So never know when it might happen. I''m sending lots of labor vibes to all of you!

mrssalvo, you are precious!! Seriously all belly. That''s how I looked too. It''s so funny to be tiny everywhere else and then have that big bump in the middle. You look great!

jackiejas, I''m pretty sure they''ll do an amnio up to week 22 or 24. After that, I think it becomes more of an issue if you decide to terminate so they would rather do them in that 16-22 week period. I could be wrong about that though so don''t quote me! But for you, if it''s just for informational purposes, I don''t see why you couldn''t wait a little longer. The last time around, I had my 20 week scan at 17 weeks and everything looked great but I did the AFP which came back not so great to me so I had my amnio at 19 weeks. I''m sure if you decide to do it a few weeks later, it will be fine. But like TGal said, you may opt to not do it at all based on what you see at the big anatomy scan and that''s fine too! I''m actually having mine next week at 15 weeks. Of course I''m hoping for a healthy baby and I don''t think I have reason to worry but it will give me peace of mind for the rest of my pregnancy. But I''m also older than you are so it was a no brainer for me. Plus, I''m really dying to find out the sex!!!

Tacori, welcome back. Miss Tessa is just scrumptious. She is such a cutie and looks adorable with the doggie!! Lily had her first doggie encounter when we went to visit cousins in Georgia in December. She had never been up close with them and we were worried when we heard loud barking when we rang the doorbell and were greeted by a golden retriever and a yorkie! Lily went crazy--absolutely LOVED both of them and they showered her with kisses. She giggled and got so excited when they would come near her and even when they barked!! It''s amazing to see children and pets together--too cute! Glad you''re back, we missed your posts!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results