shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal, I really think those who are going to get stretch marks, will no matter what. No amount of lotion will stop them.

Lili, no offense taken.

Anyone else's baby turn to stone when you get the camera out? Seriously Tessa will be adorable, smiling, just so cute and as soon as I point a camera at her, nothing. So disappointing. I am just so grateful for digital cameras otherwise I would spend a fortune in film and prints.

Here is the pink and white diamond band. What does everyone think? Nicer than the antique style one I posted before? I think I can work on DH. My manipulation...errr...I mean polite, subtle hints are in the works...
12.gif

ETA: I had them quote me on having the stones only go 1/2 way around and it is only $200 cheaper so part of me wants to just get it as is if this is what I decide. But I am gun shy about the sizing issues. Maybe get it a little loose? I don't know...plus Tessa probably will have different size fingers so if I want her to be able to wear it someday...maybe a small sizing bar will be enough.

1-376534.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori- That ring is gorgeous! I love the two different colors of gold. and you can always tell DH that the pink stones represent you and tessa and he is the diamond! whatever works!!!

Yes, Ian is the same way. He is so cute and playful...even when the camera is out...just not by the time you take the picture. I think I''d be better off taking more video. Seriously 1 out of 50 pictures are cute! However, I just made a book on shutterfly and it turned out so cute and I was amazed how many really good pictures I have!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MsF, you are lucky blue sapphires are so popular. You can get a nice band for under $500. I even saw a pretty one at a local B&M for under $300. Pink sapphire jewelry is MUCH harder to come by. I am sure your belly will tighten up with time. At least you only have 10 lbs to go! I have 20
15.gif
25 if I want to get back to wedding weight
38.gif

ETA: We did video too and she still turned to stone. Then I hid the camera and DH was playing with her and that worked. Cooed up a storm. It was adorable.

ETA 2: I really wanted rose gold (or part rose). The other ring is just WG. I like the two pink diamonds= Tessa and I. That is cute!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s pink diamonds....even lovelier
3.gif

And it couldn''t be more representative of you and Tessa.
Love the rose and white gold combo.

That''s funny about Tessa clamming up when the camera is present.
You may just need to take more pictures so that she''s used to having a camera in her face.
My niece is the opposite. Well, I don''t know how she was when she was a baby, but now, she''ll strike a pose when she sees a camera.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I love it, can you post the other for comparison?

Ms. Flutter: that kidseatz site is awesome. I just emailed the link to my friend in L.A. who is expecting #1. I had a national carseat technician teach me how to install mine, because, if your kid spits up a lot, gets carsick, etc...you have to take the seat out, take off the cover, wash it, clean the car, etc...or that smell is HORRID. So my son was carsick a ton, and I have probably taken his seat out about 349 times. You can''t always drive to the tech to get it put back in, especially if no one is home to watch your kid. It''s a skill every parent should have down pat.

ok..i''m off to a preschool forum. 30 preschools within the area at one place so you can meet & greet. dropping Jake off at a friends & I''ll put Delaney in the bjorn & take her with me. but I have until Feb 4 to decide where to send him & then I have to wake up early & get in line at whatever school I want to sign him up with. Plus, in case I can''t get him into the one I want, I can at least get 2nd or 3rd choices.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori,
I love that band, it''s sooooo pretty!! What a nice way to represent you and baby Tessa.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the other band I like. Which does everyone like better?

L1502PA.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first one!!
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Tacori!

I mainly lurk here but I wanted to chime in. I love both rings but if it were me, I''d probably choose the second one. The first one is a little more unique though and it''s very pretty as well. So uh, I''m no help, am I?
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, something about those pink diamonds in rose gold huh?
18.gif

Zoe, DH would like you since that one is cheaper
2.gif
I think both are pretty. What tough decisions to have!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
Both are yummy, but I personally prefer the second one just because of its clean line.
And those pink really popped against white.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
This thread is jumpin tonight (i am fully addicted to PS now--since i check every few hours!)

Tacori--luv the first one--reminds me of a Tiff & Co celebration ring that i really like--but the 2nd one is lovely as well
I say go with what you really luv if you plan to keep it in the family, which you do.

Tgal--the 10 more weeks part is freaking me out a little--esp. since i crave sugar 24/7 now--jujubes are like the most appealing and gourmet food i can think of at the moment. I just keep saying to myself corn syrup, food dye, empty calories BAD--but i can''t say it''s working all that well
This is random but i think my nose is bigger (wider)--i''ve heard this is somewhat common! And since i already have a wide nose this is an unwelcome development--i am applying more mascara to distract ppl
20.gif
haha. At least this hang-up is getting me away from obsessing about the belly/thighs for a while.

Eph--thanks for the children''s book ideas--i''ll look at those as well--

I am going to treat myself to some after work shopping since it''s my b-day tomorrow--clothes shopping just doesn''t do it for me right now--esp in a town with no maternity shops, so baby stuff it is
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy early birthday Jas, have fun baby shoppping!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 11:24:57 AM
Author: jas

So I have to have a new routine in the morning. I used to just have a cup of coffee and do my elliptical training. I have modified the elliptical training so that my heart rate stays fairly low and it''s more like a long stroll than an intense workout (little-to-no resistance, lots of water, keepin'' it like a low-impact walk).

jackiejas, check with your dr. but the rules have changed a bit re: heartrates and pregnancy. basically, if you were working out at a certain lever before pregnancy you can stay there even when pregnant. So you don''t have to lighten up unless you want too
2.gif
I taught spinning through my first two pregnancies and although I wore a heartrate monitar my heartrate never stayed at the recommended beats per min. My dr. basically said I''d been teaching for years and I didn''t need to worry about it. My sister still takes high intensity dance classes and is 23 weeks preggo. anyway, listen to your body, I just didn''t want you to think you HAD to take it super easy. I have found continueing to workout really is so helpful during pregnancy, labor, delivery and recovery, so good for you for doing it
36.gif

So, I had my GD test today along with anemia testing and a nice shot of rhogam in the bum due to my blood type. BabyS is doing great, nice strong heartbeat and I''m measuring right on track despite my 30 lb, yes 30 lb weight gain thus far
39.gif
I did see my chart when I was preggo with Lily and was reminded I gained 40 lbs with her so I''m right on schedule to hit that mark again. My dr. did say that the fact I went into labor early with both my other 2, he thinks I''ll repeat and expects me to deliver at around 38 weeks...that would be wonderful!! i go back in 4 weeks and then we''ll switch to the 2 week visits...holy cow, it''s really getting close!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 9:40:24 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Happy early birthday Jas, have fun baby shoppping!!!
36.gif

Happy early b-day Jas...baby shopping sounds so fun!!

tacori, i like the first ring better too
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Happy B-day Jas12!
Enjoy your shopping!

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
Don't worry. I'm sure every one of us preggos had a huge gain this past checkup.
Damn those holiday pastries and delicacies
3.gif

Also, since it is cold, the added layers you were wearing probably added a good 5 pounds on the scale.
That's why I always remove my coat when they weigh me
3.gif

Anyway, hope your GD and anemia tests come back ok.
It's a PITA to have to take the glucose tolerance test.
You need to fast for at least 8 hours and then you get to drink a double concentrated sweet drink and, of course, get jabbed 4 times.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Morning preggies, thanks for the b-day wishes!!--treated myself to a hot chocolate for my birthday brekkie-oh the simple pleasures of sugar, cocoa and milk (i know i''ll pay for the milk part later with a tummy ache and itchy skin and be cursing myself, but right now it''s worth it
18.gif

MsS. You and I seem to be gaining in tandem--i was up 27 lbs at my last appointment so i will definitely be at 30 lbs for my check-up on tuesday. I asked my Dr. if she thought it was too much and she said "well no, but try to keep the gain over the next 11 weeks b/w 5 and 8 lbs"...HAHAHA....so i did the math and that would be close to 100% baby seeing as this bambino needs to put on around 5 lbs. Sooo it aint gonna happen...not with hot chocolate for brekkie
Anyway, we are getting so close!! Lucky you for being prone to early labor--i can only hope--but family history is not on my side. We should have a poll as to who''s going to deliver first outa the bunch of us due around the same time!

jackiejas--i just read an article about the latest research on exercise and pregnancy (i don''t work in the field right now but i do have my personal training/class instructor certification and subscribe to a few fitness education journals ) What MsS. said is exactly what this article was saying--you can pretty much maintain your level of fitness while preggo, and listen to your body. It''s women who all of a sudden start a fitness regime or drastically change it when pregnant that need to be careful. I am still doing what I did pre-pregnancy at 30 weeks, but with some modifications (like using a deep incline while lifting weights, ab work etc.) and I am starting to make adjustments like dropping the weight I squat b/c I do have a good 30 lbs extra to lug around. So all in all intensity has not changed, but common sense is used to adjust for bodily changes.
Obviously the work outs did not equal low weight gain for me--but i am hoping my recovery etc. will be quicker or maybe an easier labor? Who knows --better get something outta it or i''ll be pissed!!
20.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. S when is that awful glucose test for you? Ugh. Why does it seem like you''ve been pregnant forever to me? Weren''t you preggers the whole time I was & D is now 4 months old??? LOL. I hope you are feeling good...

JackieJas: One more fitness instructor chiming in here. I taught spinning, cardio salsa, yoga & I worked out when I was pregnant. My first pregnancy I was with a professional dance troupe. Kind of a tap/riverdance thing...so high impact, high intesity. OMG...the stuff I did 9mos pregnant. I gave up running when I was pg because I didn''t like the feeling of baby on bladder...You can get your heart rate up. That "stay below 140bpm" is outdated & incorrect. As long as you were active before pregnancy, you can maintain the same thing while pregnant. Just lighten up your weights as you progress because your center of gravity changes & your ligaments loosen. So you do have to be careful about avoiding injury.

Just drink lots of water while working out (keeps baby cool & you hydrated) and wear loose layers you can peel off as you heat up. My heartrate when I work out is always high (175) its just the intensity I like to work out at....so I just did my thing & didn''t worry. Of course my 1st trimester I felt so punky, I avoided getting out of bed when I could. LOL.

If you weren''t active, then walking and water aerobics classes, as well as prenatal yoga are good options. Walking is always good for everyone.

Well, I''m gonna git the kids packed up and head on out to the Children''s Museum. my mom''s club has story time there & my friend got us a family membership, so I need to activate it. Later!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I just love the first band you posted. So beautiful! If it was me (hey, it will be soon enough, LOL!) I would go for that with a sizing bar if possible.

I had an appointment with my midwife today and we listened to a big strong and healthy heartbeat! Although I''ve seen scans, they don''t have sound here so this is the first time I''ve actually hear a heartbeat. It was quite emotional!

Jen

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 12:08:55 PM
Author: divergrrl
Mrs. S when is that awful glucose test for you? Ugh. Why does it seem like you''ve been pregnant forever to me? Weren''t you preggers the whole time I was & D is now 4 months old??? LOL. I hope you are feeling good...

diver, I took it yesterday. i have no idea how long it takes to get the results?? i''ve never tested positive so they''ve never called...anyway, they usually get morning lab work done pretty quick so i''m hoping no news/call in the next couple of days means i''m in the clear. believe me, It feels like I''ve been preggo forever to me too...lol...about 10 weeks left and counting...

jas, your idea of a poll on which one of us would be fun. once we all get a little closer, i''ll cast my vote....

jas

Brilliant_Rock
See -- this is why I love this thread! Thanks to all of you for the workout information. I did look it up further today and you are all correct (not surprised! This is the smartest darned place on the web.)

I was in the process of really getting into rather good shape before getting knocked up...and the "lighter" workouts did nothing for me. But, as always, the "listen to the body" approach is best. I will keep the weights down on the Bowflex though, as time goes on. More reps, lighter weights, but yeah, it would be nice to get off the elliptical and actually feel like I did something other than take a stroll.

Happy Birthday JAS12! Whoo! And OF COURSE the prenatal exercise will mean we will snap back into shape. It had better...I don''t just want to do it for my health. Pffft.

Mrs. Mitchell -- congrats on the heartbeat! That must have been so exciting for you! Please remind me, when are you due again?

Mrssalvo, you get the pinprick prize for the day. Here''s to maintaining good delivery trends!

Tacori -- Love ''em both -- ya can''t go wrong! (I personally would jump on the second one, but that''s me).

And Kaleigh I also need to add my thanks for starting this thread. It''s rather comforting! Y''all are the only one I share this stuff with, at least until we drop the big bomb in March on our families.

All right, I have to get ready for my Second City class. Bringing on the funny...one more day before I''m done with work! Yea!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the votes ladies. Both are beautiful. Something to think about. I wish I could try them on.

Jas, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your last b-day with just you and your DH. Stay out extra late, do nothing, sleep in, take a long shower, enjoy the silence, do all the things that you will soon miss
2.gif

So I have been watching a lot of Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby (something I refused to while preggo) since her nursing sessions are loooooong.....I get so emotional. I seriously cry every time. I didn''t even cry at Tessa''s birth and here I am blubbering over these strangers on TV. I guess it just brings back all the emotions.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif

Date: 1/17/2008 3:12:00 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks for all the votes ladies. Both are beautiful. Something to think about. I wish I could try them on.

Jas, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your last b-day with just you and your DH. Stay out extra late, do nothing, sleep in, take a long shower, enjoy the silence, do all the things that you will soon miss
2.gif

So I have been watching a lot of Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby (something I refused to while preggo) since her nursing sessions are loooooong.....I get so emotional. I seriously cry every time. I didn't even cry at Tessa's birth and here I am blubbering over these strangers on TV. I guess it just brings back all the emotions.
Not much time to write, but I had to reply to this because Tacori, I'm right there with ya, honey! I wouldn't watch any baby shows when I was pregnant (ignorance is bliss!), but now I watch both A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby in both the mornings and afternoons, and I cry during every Baby Story episode! And I hate to admit that I totally judge all the parents in BHB
2.gif

As for the rings ... hmmm. My first tendency is toward the second, although I def. like the delicateness of the first ring as well. I wish we could all see them in person to help you decide! But like others have said, they're both gorgeous and you can't go wrong with either!

Happy Birthday, Jas!! Have an extra big box of Jujebes
21.gif

Quick update: the babies are doing pretty well, although Katelyn's eating issues are making me absolutely nuts at times. Hopefully the Prilosec will do the trick because it's really draining when you bottle feed her for an hour, and all she gets in is 2 ounces b/c she's crying so much. Poor little babe. This morning I was ready to anonymously drop the two of them at the doorstep of a local daycare, but now they're sleeping and looking awfully cute and sweet, so I guess we'll keep them. Question for Moms: have you all read/followed any baby books in particalar? Diver, I think you did the Baby Whisperer, no? I seem to remember you talking about the EASY thing. Has anyone read Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Child? It's widely rec'd on the twins forum, so I ordered that today. A friend is sending me her copy of Baby Whisperer, so hopefully between the two books, I can learn a thing or two and see what works for us!

I can't believe that so many of you are getting down to two-week appts. already! WOW!!!! So exciting -- so many new PS babies will be here soon!!!

ETA: One more question -- ummm, what did you guys do with your babies when they were six weeks old? Other than eating and sleeping, the babies aren't really interested in much (tummy time, play mats, etc.). I do read to them, but other than that I feel like all they do still is eat and sleep. Am I being negligent? Or is this still really all they do? When do they start to interact more? Any day now, yes?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tessa loved her play mat at 6 weeks. My favorite thing to do with her is prop her up on the boppy and just talk and make faces at her. Also the swing is hours of fun for both of us. I just read to her the first time yesterday. Felt a little silly. She hates tummy time. I am convinced she will never be strong enough to crawl.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I need to remember that they were born four weeks early and to adjust for that when I start to look for their milestones. I''ve gotten two smiles from Gabe so far though, and those were right on track for the six-week mark, which is what all the books say (not that I pay attn to everything books tell me). Cute!

All you exercising pregnant ladies are killing me here! I think I''m going to take a Lose the Mummy Tummy class at the very least. I don''t plan on going back to work (for the time being), so I don''t think I can really ask hubby to get me a gym membership now since he''s going to be taking over my car payments and credit card debt! I CANNOT wait to start taking the babies out on walks!! For all of you who live in cold climates, what temperate is TOO cold to take babies out on walks? And how warmly do you dress them? I am so nervous about underdressing them or overheating them on a sunny but really cold day.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cold is it there?? Layers always worked for me, but DD was always a hot baby, and at almost 20 she's still one to be hot when I am freezing, isn't that funny how that works....
My son was more of the chilly type, so bundled him up more than DD.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ella, I always went with the babies probably felt about the same as me. if I was hot, they probably were, when I was cold, good chance they are too. As long as it''s above freezing, I''d bundle them up and go for a walk. Do you have any stoller fit classes in your area? that might be a fun way to get out and about, meet other mom''s and get in your exercise all at the same time.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ella--I am not sure what the ''experts'' say about cold--but i always hear the general rule to give them one-two more layers in the winter months than an adult.
It gets unhumanly cold in this part of the country but on regular Jan-Feb days when it''s around -10 or so I see strollers out all the time, with a weather shield over the front of the stroller. Winter is deadly and loooong here so i think there would be a lot of nutty moms if it were not possible to get out once in the while-k and G are still pretty tiny but i think if it''s a nice day i would get out if u can.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I usually bundle my babies up similar to me. Of course, if I''m pushing the stroller, I''m warm from working out so I have to keep that in mind. I am also concerned with blocking wind.

if you put your hand on the nape of their neck & its all sweaty, you have them too warm. If its not,they are fine.

If you live in a really cold area, follow normal frostbite recommendations.

If its high 30''s to 40''s here, here''s a sample of Delaneys cold weather garb:

long sleeved onesie, socks, fleece one piece warm romper/sleeper (preferably footed), hat, and then I put her in the stroller in the "bundle me" with another thin blanket on her inside it. Oh last time i forgot to put her socks on her hands (thicker than those nail scratch prevention mitts) and she kept pulling them out from under the blanket. It was in the low 40''s but she still got cold fingers. Jake finally tossed his mittens off on the way home (he was eating) so I put his mittens on her.

FWIW, I put Jake in a tshirt, sweater, jacket, jeans, socks, shoes, hat & mittens. How heavy of a coat depends on how cold it is. Heavy coats aren''t recommended for carseat safety, so he has a lot of hoodie sweatshirts & I keep extra babyblankets in the car & carry his coat so if we are walking around I can put it on him as I get him out of the car.

HTH.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results