clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 5:36:18 PM
Author: lili
Oh crud...my GD test just came back high
15.gif

Guess I''ll have to take the extended test.

Wish me luck.
Good luck lili! When''s the test? Keep us posted.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 1:09:12 PM
Author: Jas12
Welcome ''other jas''
35.gif

and many, many congrats on the exciting news--it is so great to have a community of moms to talk to, esp when you haven''t spread the news yet and are itchin to talk pregnancy.

I jumped onto this thread about 60 pgs in and did a quick scan to get caught up, you''ll be in the thick of things in no time!

So i am working on the nursery today--i am having so much trouble finding art work/decor for the walls that is a) affordable and b) not cheesy.

I was thinking of buying a copy of one of my favourite classic children''s book and framing some of the pics. The room has a bit of a vintage feel in keeping with the rest of the 100 yr old house--so this makes it tough, i need an older book--any ideas?

I''ll post pics soon--along with my 30 week belly (if i get up the courage)--i think i have dropped a little--i don''t seem to be quite as high, but my goodness have i gotten big in the last 3 weeks or so. So many women commented at the gym this morning to confirm this--tight clothing tells all!

Yes, Jas, I have a great idea for a book to frame pages on the wall for your nursery! I had this book when I was little, The Real Mother Goose

I love the illustrations, they are old, I think it would be wonderful in your old house. I''m pretty sure there are full page drawings but it would even be cool to frame pages that have poems and drawings on them. I saw this and a whole bunch of other books at Barnes and Noble this Christmas. There was also Aseops Fables, A Child''s Book of Verses, Hans Christen Anderson fairly tales. They were all in a nice large format.

Oh here, I just found the series at BN.com LINK I think they all look great. I wanted to buy all of them at Christmas, but thought it was silly cause I don''t even have a little one on the way or anything. Hope these give you some ideas!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
jas, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What an exciting time in your life! We didn''t tell anyone till we were past the first trimester so I know what you''re going through but you''ll have a lot of support here so you''ll be able to discuss your pregnancy and not worry about us spilling the news!!! I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months. Looking forward to sharing your pg journey with you!

Tacori, I''m always on poop patrol with Lily! They say it''s normal for them to only go once a week but I don''t buy that. If you want to try to stimulate her, as gross as it sounds, you may want to put the thermometer in her little bum and kind of move it around a little bit. Works like a charm. Also, I think for extreme cases they say to give a little prune juice but I can''t really speak on that since I never did it. As long as she doesn''t seem uncomfortable, she may be just fine. I think you have to worry when they are really pushing and it comes out hard.
3.gif
Gotta love mom talk--poop, pee, spit up. What a blast!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly DH tried that. We might do it again later tonight. They said it is unusual for BFed babies to get backed up....I don''t know. She seems to be fine but I am just worried she will be in a lot of pain when she finally DOES have a BM. I am going to call the ped again tomorrow if she doesn''t poop before then. How pathetic are DH and I that we *HOPE* she poops at every diaper change. It''s all we have talked about today! Reminds me when I was in the hospital and we were monitoring my pee
20.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist--thanks so much for that idea!!--I am going to look at the bookstore this week! And go right ahead and buy books even before you have kids--if you don''t have kids of your own someone in your family will benefit--books are always a justified purchase IMO. I buy kids books all the time--i started when I began teaching primary school b/c i wanted some copies for myself but even now, teaching young adults, I will occasionally buy a book that catches my eye.

Tacori--when you had your clogged milk duct were you supplementing with formula? (can''t remember if that was you or someone else) if so, i bet that could be a cause. But if not then possibly something in your diet? Have you been eating a lot of or avoiding any particular foods lately? I don''t even know it that could cause constipation, but just an idea.
Oh if only babies/boobies could talk eh?

Speaking of boobs--so i took a nap today in just a t-shirt (braless) and when i woke up my right breast, which i has been leaning on while sleeping had leaked milk through my shirt and left a large damp spot (about the size of an apple)!!! My boobs have been leaking a little (mostly just the right side), but i was not prepared for this. I am assuming it''s normal in the 3rd tri--but stil, it was odd.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Jas, that''s wonderful news!

lili

Ideal_Rock
jas--
there's always room for another JAS.
we love to have more people here. the more the merrier.
congrats to you and your hubby.
when is your first pnv appointment?
hope you have a healthy and smooth 9-months.

Jas12--
love your idea of framing artwork in children's book for your nursery decor.
Sunkist's suggestion is great. i think it would work well the vintage feel of your home.
can't wait to see your nursery and of course your 30 wk belly.
so has your bambino/a flipped head down already?
is that what's causing you to dropped a bit?

Lisa--
every time a new member joins the thread, i am always reminded of you for starting this thread :)
i think everyone of us are really grateful for it.

snlee--
i waited until i was 2 week late to test.
i resisted testing earlier because i didn't want to get my hopes up and then have it shattered by a negative.
i've been disappointed many times during the 3 yrs that we were trying.
every time i was a day late, i thought that perhaps that was the month, but AF always seem to show up.
finally, i just not even bother keeping track of my cycle (of course i kept track of my window, just not when my AF is due).
good luck to you and your hubby.
hope the new year bring you your sweet bundle of joy!

tacori--
as much as i hate the thought of sitting in the lab with an empty stomach for 3 hours,
i do hope that the doc will order that test to rule out that i have GD.
what a pita it is if i have to monitor what i eat.
14.gif

has tessa had her bm yet?
hope she has one soon.
oh, that is a very nice comment from the lady at the pharmacy.
i know it is well deserved because you probably look fabulous.
like jas12 said, we probably are our own worst critic.

pennquaker09--
congrats on your twins.
you must be so excited.
oh, i have to say that your home is just beautiful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 11:35:33 PM
Author: lili
jas--
there''s always room for another JAS.
we love to have more people here. the more the merrier.
congrats to you and your hubby.
when is your first pnv appointment?
hope you have a healthy and smooth 9-months.

Jas12--
love your idea of framing artwork in children''s book for your nursery decor.
Sunkist''s suggestion is great. i think it would work well the vintage feel of your home.
can''t wait to see your nursery and of course your 30 wk belly.
so has your bambino/a flipped head down already?
is that what''s causing you to dropped a bit?

Lisa--
every time a new member joins the thread, i am always reminded of you for starting this thread :)

snlee--
i waited until i was 2 week late to test.
i resisted testing earlier because i didn''t want to get my hopes up and then have it shattered by a negative.
i''ve been disappointed many times during the 3 yrs that we were trying.
every time i was a day late, i thought that perhaps that was the month, but AF always seem to show up.
finally, i just not even bother keeping track of my cycle (of course i kept track of my window, just not when my AF is due).
good luck to you and your hubby.
hope the new year bring you your sweet bundle of joy!

tacori--
as much as i hate the thought of sitting in the lab with an empty stomach for 3 hours,
i do hope that the doc will order that test to rule out that i have GD.
what a pita it is if i have to monitor what i eat.
14.gif

has tessa had her bm yet?
hope she has one soon.
oh, that is a very nice comment from the lady at the pharmacy.
i know it is well deserved because you probably look fabulous.
like jas12 said, we probably are our own worst critic.

pennquaker09--
congrats on your twins.
you must be so excited.
oh, i have to say that your home is just beautiful.
Awww thanks lili. I knew that there was a need for this type of thread, had no clue it would grow and grow like it has. It''s been such fun for me to be a part of it, I love reading all the posts, offering advice when I can. When I was pregnant, we didn''t have the internet, so the support you guys get here is truly amazing. And seeing all your precious babies, it just doesn''t get any better than that!!
36.gif
Lisa

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Jackie/Jas :) Wishing you a healthy and easy pregnancy....this thread has been a great source of advice and the ladies here have been very kind to take time from their busy schedules to respond to all the random questions posted here :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2008 3:54:13 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Had a bit to drink Mon?
2.gif
Bust-ed....you caught me...that was one of those evenings I guess! That''ll teach me no to go drunk-posting anything on the PPSr thread, or any other thread for that matter. Sorry...*hangs head in shame* (but only momentarily.)
9.gif

I''m still looking forward to going to my SIL''s shower next weekend...I don''t think I''ve been this excited about an event since my own wedding.

Can I pose a question here? In advance of all answers I am going to post it: Is it ok to host a welcome shower after the baby is born (let''s call it 3 months after), if the mommy-to-be has already been given a shower by a family friend?
33.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Monarch--as for the ''welcome'' shower question--i don''t see why not--i think it would be very nice. Question: Do you want guests to bring gifts? If not, I would word the invites like Welcome Celebration or Welcome Luncheon (or something along those lines) I am sure she''ll still get some gifts but not to the same degree.

Lili--i am not sure if the baby is head down or not? Is there a way to feel around for that? I do think he/she has shifted however, b/c i used to get a whole lot of movement in one spot, and now it has changed. I am still very high, but not as bad as I was 2 weeks ago with my toobie body.

Tgal--been meaning to ask you, do you have names picked out (my apologies if you''ve already posted them and I''ve forgotten)

So one of my close friends who lives out of town just had her first, a baby boy. on Dec. 27th. She is a crazy busy person and we didn''t get to talk pregnancy much but I did finally get an update email from her. In a nutshell it sounded like this:
Labor was not that bad at all
Charlie latched perfectly and feeds really well
Charlies sleeps in 5 hr spurts through the night
I am well rested and feeling like my old self--lost most of weight
I am comfortable brining Charlie out and about during the day by myself

W
hat''s up with that!?!
6.gif
3.gif
, no one has it that good, do they? I am so happy for her--but i honestly think she must be a freak of nature--cuz you can bet I''ll be complaning about something when the time comes!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw lili! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Congrats and welcome Jackie! May you have a very breezy pregnancy.
1.gif
Oh, and it''s worth scrolling through...I found the topic very interesting and was easily able to scroll though about 50+ pages when I joined the thread.

Tacori, how''s Tessa doing? Any luck?

Mon...no need to apologize...I am happy to have wine vicariously through you. Hehehe. And I do think it would be lovely to host a welcome shower.

Jas, I think my baby''s head is down lower...when it gets the hiccups, that is where I feel it (just a guess though). Do you feel hiccups yet vs regular movement?

And your friend...I am sure that such freaks of nature exist. Personally, I do not not know of any though.
5.gif

Names...yes...Aaron for a boy, Amelia for a girl (that whole America/Australia combination). We have been running a poll for the middle name though, as we are down to three. Since you asked, hopefully you all don''t mind if I ask here?

Here they are:

1. Amelia Renee - have run this one by you ladies here before. It''s still in the running. No significance on the name...just felt it flowed with Amelia.

2. Amelia Kate - again no significance...just liked the simplicity of the name with Amelia.

3. Amelia Skye - I''ve always like the adventurous spirit and independence of Amelia Earheart, and Skye is just an extension of that. Amelia obviously loved flying and being in the Sky. Also thought of the fact that I want the sky to be the limit for our daughter. However, Skye is a bit "different" for a name and I am not sure we are the type of parents who name their daughter "Skye." Maybe we are not "L.A." enough?

There definitely is a front runner in the poll, but I''ll keep that info to myself for now...

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
lol, jas! maybe the docs sent your friend home w/some "happy pills"?
2.gif
i think some people are afraid to complain about pregnancy, labor, etc. b/c then they feel guilty like they''re a bad person for not being over-the-moon thrilled of every second at being preg/a new mom. i know that i felt that way a little with being preggo at times. and yes there are wonderful moments being home with newborn babies of course but there are def. hair-pulling ones too that your friend isn''t telling you about!

congrats jackie!!!
36.gif
yay, i love when people that i knew from the brides thread are here now!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--ohhh, yesssss, i do remember that name selection process you had going on, I think it was around the time i lurked more than posted--okay, here is my vote: Amelia Skye > I think Skye is really pretty, fits your lifestyle/dreams for her and flows well with Amelia.....and, since it''s a middle name you can be a little more ''out there'' with your selection.
I really love that name BTW-- like I mentioned sucker for the ''ah'' sounds. What would her nick-name be or would you not have one? I always think about that...
As for hiccups--yep, I ''ve felt them several times now--cute--and come to think of it they always seem below my belly button, so possibly baby is head down...hmmm...if so, hope he/she stays that way for another 10 weeks!!
To me they feel like gentle rhythmical pulses/bumps--is that what you are feeling?
MsS, you must be getting this now too--but it''s all old hat for you
2.gif

Ella--ya, i wondered about the ''selective story telling'' on the part of my friend--but she is really an honest person--i think it might actually be true--b*tch --haha, just kiddin.

Tacori- any luck with Tessa?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the vote Jas! I''ll let everyone know what the leader is in a little while....

I haven''t thought of nicknames...I think we''d call her by her proper name. Do you names picked out yet?

And yes, gentle pulses/bumps is exactly what what I feel.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
TG, my vote goes to Amelia Skye too. I think that''s a very pretty name and I really like the meaning behind it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 1:39:56 PM
Author: snlee
TG, my vote goes to Amelia Skye too. I think that''s a very pretty name and I really like the meaning behind it.
Ditto. I think it''s lovely, and love the significance behind it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, I was supplementing but not that much. She only had a total of 6 oz of formula (2 oz for three feedings) and she had a BM after that. Love the children''s book idea! I too hate cheesy baby stuff so I painted my own wall art. Your friend is either lying or got VERY lucky! No way to predict how your recovery, baby, etc...will be but even in the worst cases you CAN and WILL get through it! Even though Tessa is STILL nursing every 3 hours (except she does one 5-6 hour stretch which I love) all she has to do is smile and it is hard to be annoyed with her.

lili, I don''t know about fabulous but at least I got my face back. Progress has been made for sure. I think I will have to go down a jean size soon. By the end of this I will have jeans in 5 sizes!

TGal, love Amelia Skye.

Okay, Tessa poop update (what you ALL are waiting for!)
We had to give her a suppository
23.gif
32.gif
and pray to the poop gods. Funny thing is she didn''t even seem bothered by it. Babies are strange. She did have one BM. Took a little over an hour. It was very runny and not as much as we expected. Maybe there will be many more tonight. I am just glad she had one. Right now she is swinging in her swing talking to herself (and boy is she a talker!)

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! It's so nice to have a place to get advice and some giggles!

I will post more regularly (and respond to people better) next week -- I'm wrapping up my job this week.

It's so odd right now...other than a little (and I mean very little) "floopiness" first thing in the morning, I don't feel any different. I think the professionals call it "shock".
41.gif

DH has been absolutely hysterical to watch during the last 48 hours. He, apparently, has had a boy's name picked out for years, and quite frankly, we settled on a girl's name in about 90 seconds. Because that's how we roll, people. Didn't have an OB/GYN at that point, but we sure we going to be able to name that pup the second it pops out!

DH's first response (beyond the goofy grin) was to mutter stuff like, "Paint...bunnies...bunnies...paint" -- I guess the male mind wanders to Home Depot and stuffed animals in times like this. He also randomly looks at me and says, "BABY!" He's decided he wants twins, ya know, cuz of the efficiency of it all.
20.gif
So he now issues directives to my belly button. "Twins!"

He's a dork, but he's my dork.

I, on the other hand, was all a twitter just making my first dr. appt (Feb 11!!). It was so weird to be congratulated. Also, the receptionist asked me how far along i was...I said 1 month...she asked me my last period...and then assumed this wasn't my first because I "got" the whole weird dating-from-last-period thingie. I think I got total bonus points.

We're waiting to tell people until the end of the first trimester (which will be in March...I really found out pretty darned early)...just in case...but DH and I are the worst secret keepers in the world.

I am just so excited to be here...I've lurked on this thread since it's inception (conception?) and can't believe I'm actually posting! Whee!

So, I promise, next post, I will stop making these exclusively about me and start joining in the conversation.

Until then, have a wonderful night mamas and mamas-to-be.

-- Jackie

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jackiejas, we''re so happy to have you join us here!! that is just soooo cute about how excited your hubby is. I''m glad you''re feeling good too. I didn''t really have any morning sickness with my first so wishing you babydust that you don''t have any at all!!
The first dr. appt is always fun b/c things start to seem to really sink in. You are taking a prenatal right? If not, make sure you start one ASAP. it''s soooo important, especially early in a pregnancy. Good luck with your final week of work too. Although I don''t post much in the WWT I still follow it every day and am up to speed on Zippy the Pinhead''s antics. yay for the final work countdown!!

tacori, yay for you for getting close to going down in jeans. I promise you will get back to normal. glad tessa is doing better too.

Jas and tgal- i''m with you gals, feeling the baby doing gymnastics all the time, no hiccups that i''ve noticed yet though. I am starting to feel HUGE. it''s cold here this week to the added layers of clothing make me feel like a big snowman. I did hit the gym this morning for some walking on the treadmill.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jas: Ya know, its not all that bad. I''m like your friend, but its because I have laid back babies who sleep. My labors went great (once I got my epidural at 2cm, I had zero pain, even through pushing & only had to push for 25 mins each time) and I had fast labors.

Both my kids slept 4 hour stretches by 4weeks, 8 hours by 8weeks, and my 3 year old sleeps 10 to 12 hours at night and Delaney is almost there too at almost 4 months. Pure luck, but I''m grateful, thankful, and I''ll take it.

I dropped 90% of Delaney''s baby weight in 2 weeks. (still battling the last 5, damned holiday food) But...I have 15lbs left over from Jake that never budged & he was a breastfed baby...go figure. OH well, one pound at a time right?

I was out and about with Jake by myself when he was 2 weeks old, and with Delaney, I was out with both of them by myself at 4 weeks. (I wasn''t supposed to lift anything ---Jake---for 4 weeks because of my tubal, so my parents stayed here and helped out..which ROCKED. I got a ton of sleep, which contributes to a happier mommy. Sleep deprivation will make the world a very icky place, so nap when you can).

And, I have a DH who travels 80% of the month, so I do it all by myself every single day. Its not hard, you just do it. And I am so not a super woman type. I have a nice pace to my life, but I am not superbusy--in fact I love just hanging at home. I keep a clean house, but not spotless. I do a pretty good job staying on top of the laundry, but I do one load a day (major secret to not having piles of laundry...just one a day.....even with 2 kids!).

Of course breastfeeding was HELL for me, so its not all roses.

My biggest advice to new moms? Pick up after yourself & get some sleep whenever you can. You don''t have to be perfect, just picking up after yourself for 5 minutes here and there makes all the difference in the world.

www.flylady.net She is my hero.

Ella: I need some advice...a girlfriend of mine just found out she''s preggy with twins. They were on the fence about trying for baby #3, (her kids are 3 and 1 years old), but decided what the hell & wound up preggy with twins. She''s inconsolable. Terrified. At a counselor. Dropping off the face of the planet. Her financial means are fine, so that''s not an issue, but she''ll have to give up her job, and she thinks that her life will change drastically. No more vacations etc. I think that would be the same with 3....so 4 wouldn''t be that different for daily logistics, with 3 you have to buy a larger car, which would fit 4 etc.....but if I were in her shoes & wound up with twins now, I''d be floored too. What can I tell her to give her hope? I''m so worried.

Later!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So it finally happened....Tessa has tears. DH was holding her last night and she choked on spit/vomit/who knows (her mouth is like a fountain and only worse now that she has become a drooler) and she got really scared so cried that horrible pain/scared cry. Well the tears just flowed down her cheeks. It was *SO* heartbreaking.
39.gif
DH and I were fighting over who got to hold and comfort her.

More boob problems....I hate boob problems. Now my other boob is swollen and VERY tender. No lumps that I can find, no red streaks. So confused and annoyed.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone see The View this morning? Now I really do not like that show, but for some reason sometimes I''m just drawn to watch it, and this morning I actually was totally laughing out loud b/c Elisabeth was talking about her pump, and it was just so funny now that I can relate! Seven weeks ago, I would''ve been like "huh?!" but I was just cracking up today. She was saying how she was pumping and her daughter came in the room and starting throwing a tantrum b/c she wanted to try it too. Hahah!

Lisa--

So true! Yay Kaleigh!

TGal, I like all the names you''ve chosen, but since I know someone named Amelia Renee, I''m just used to how that sounds and think it flows the best. And I''m partial to Kate -- that''s why Katelyn is spelled the way it is! And I like the symbolism of Skye, plus I think it''s a pretty cool middle name. So really I''m no help here b/c I can''t choose a favorite! I don''t think you can go wrong with any of them though.

Monnnie, I think the welcome party is a great idea! Would a lot of the same people be invited that were at the first shower? If so, I agree with Jas that it should be called a celebration or something instead of shower so that people don''t feel like they need to give another gift.

re: hiccups -- I always felt mine way down low too whether it was Gabe or Katelyn having them (I could tell by which side they were on who had them). Gabe was head down and waaaay low but Katelyn was breech, so I''m not sure why I felt the hiccups so low for them both!

Lili, bummer about the GD test. I''ve heard of a lot of people failing the one-hour but passing the three, so have hope! I''m sure the three-hour test is no picnic, but just think about how you can justify that huge meal after
2.gif

Tacori, who knew that boobs would be something that we could discuss 24 hours a day, huh?? I swear I''ve said the word "nipple" more times in the past six weeks than I have in the rest of my life combined. I assume the swelling and tenderness isn''t just engorgement? Is there a lact. consultant that can come see you stat? (I''m really lucky in that the local lact. consultant that everyone uses lives literally around the corner from me, so she can come over pretty much at a moment''s notice.) I hope it clears up for you fast! Sorry you''re having all these issues lately. Makes a hard thing even harder.

Diver ... oh gosh. Words to give your friend hope, eh? Well, I think that everyone who finds out they''re pregnant with twins feels terrified and overwhelmed at the thought of it, so that''s to be expected. Inconsolable though ... that one''s rough. Is her hubby excited? Or does he feel the same way? I hope that once they see the two babies on an ultrasound, they realize how incredible it truly is to have two bambinos in there. She''s already been pregnant so she knows what to expect on that front, and there''s not really any guarantee that a twin pregnancy will be any worse than a singleton one (as you know, I had no m/s, no heartburn). And, yes, of course it''s very draining sometimes to be dealing with two babies at the same time -- when they''re both screaming to be fed RIGHT NOW, you can lose your mind. But on the other hand, when you and your SO are sitting on the couch, each of you with a sleeping baby in your arms, it''s a pretty amazing feeling
21.gif
Since they''ve already got two kids, I don''t really understand her concern about life changing or not taking vacations, etc. I mean, hasn''t her life already changed? One site that you can tell your friend about is twinstuff. It''s a forum-based site, and though I found a lot of the people to be, uhhhh, not the most intelligent, it was still useful to read about people who were further ahead in their pregnancy than I was so I could know what to expect. Also, we took classes specific to multiples childbirth and multiples parenting, and that helped a lot -- the instructors were parents of multiples (both instructors had triplets!), so hearing real stories and getting advice from people who lived it was a huge help. I''ve got some books I can recommend too -- will get you the names later.

Also, one thing that I kept thinking about is how many people CAN''T get pregnant and would love to be pregnant with twins, and that made me really appreciate how lucky we were. Having a baby is a gift, and having twins is all the more generous of a gift
1.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi Momsies

Diver--Oh ya, you are one of thoooose moms as well
2.gif
9.gif
Actually, I was thinking of you while typing about my friend b/c I remember you posting so soon after Delaney, loosing the weight so soon etc. You may not say you are a super mom, but you are one in my eyes! i am appreciating mom work so much more now! I think all experiences are normal from the downright miserable mom in the early days, to the exhilarated mom. Just like pregnancy there are more exceptions than rules--i wonder where I will fall.
That''s sad about your friend--i have no advice obviously, but I do remember when my coworker who had twins found out. The pregnancy was not planned (she wasn''t even sure she ever wanted kids) but when she found out she admitted she only wanted one child and really wanted a girl.....well, she was floored/miserable when she found out it was twin boys! She only half jokingly called them ''the parasites'' for the first 5 months!
6.gif
She admitted it took her many months to come to terms with it--but now she is the adoring mom of two precious little guys. She maybe time will heal....

Tacori--i hate boobies right now too. I hope yours feel better, it must be really frustrating to have pain after pain

Just came back from my GD test--yuck! I don''t remember the last time i had a sip of regular soda, so downing the orange fizzy drink in 5 min was nasty! I wanted a toothbrush to go with it!
I read birth stories from Ina Mays most recent book on childbirth for the hour and that was a nice way to pass the time.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jas: It all depends on what type of babies you get, and what kind of person you are (optimist vs. pessimist) and then how that combo works. If you have a colicky baby, or a baby with health issues (reflux, not sleeping etc. ) then no amount of optimism is going to make it easier, but at least if you are a happy person, you''ll still find the joy. Tacori seems to have a few challenges (sorry hon...) but she''s always pointing out the good stuff while dealing with the tough in a very real, and wonderful way, so it appears she''s enjoying the good stuff. If you aren''t a happy person & have a cranky baby (this describes 2 of my bff''s to a T) then you really don''t enjoy much. It just depends on your personality & then the babies. And then how much sleep you are getting. Ask any new mom with a kid who won''t sleep what they want, and they''d take sleep over anything. But the good news is that the hard stuff passes quick.

I had all my heartbreak with nursing the 1st time around...so it was MUCH easier this time just putting Delaney on the bottle. And I''ll be damned if she''s not flourishing/thriving/a picture of health and happiness.

Tacori: Get thyself to the nearest LLL meeting if you can/want to. Don''t take this the wrong way, but now do you understand why I hate nursing? It''s so tough!!! Jake was almost 3 months when I threw in the towel. Not saying you should, in fact I encourage all my bf-ing friends to do everything they can to make it work easier & I think going to LLL might help you out. But I read your posts, and for me (not anyone else...this is just me) I think "yep...so glad I didn''t go there this time". If for some reason you do decide to stop, it does not make you a bad mom. Formula is not poison, no matter what you might hear. Sure, breast is best, and all that jazz, but breastfeeding is hard & for some reason our culture/lifestyle makes it hard to get it right. I think the practice of babywearing/having baby have access to nipple at will makes it easier to succeed, but many US mothers don''t know this/do this/want to do it.

I do believe LLL is going to be more help than lactation consultants though at this point if you are still committed to making it work. I will be sending happy boobie vibes your way & wishes that you turn that corner & make it to the easy part of nursing, where its second nature. ((hugs)))

Ella: Yeah, they''ve already seen the ultrasound. It was not a magical "ah we made life" moment for them. They are about 12 weeks or so & had NO idea she was pregnant with twins. They went in for a routine ultrasound and it was like BAM! THERE''S TWO IN THERE! She said she couldn''t stop crying and she saw her husband (he met her at the OB) in the rearview mirror in his car with his head in his hands on the way home "looking like somebody shot his dog" to quote her. She knows other people cant get pregnant, and she''s not ungrateful, its just not what they wanted. I think she''ll come around, but right now she''s in serious shock. I told her it was ok to be unhappy, and she might not even be OK with it until they are here and she''s getting some sleep. I''m just really worried cuz I haven''t heard from her for a week or so. I will send her to the twin forum. She''s a highly educated chica, so the less than intelligents will turn her off, but hopefully it will provide some help/coping advice. Thanks for your input honey.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw tacori, I''m so sorry nursing has been so difficult for you. Honestly, the first 3 weeks or so with my first was horrible but after that it did get better. had it not, I probably would have switched to formula. So, I don''t know where you are on the effort scale but diver is right, there is nothing wrong at all if you decide to switch to formula. if you don''t and want to keep at it, that''s great too!! hang in there....

jas, fingers crossed the long test has a neg. result for you. watching what you eat during the last trimester sure wouldn''t be fun. I used to work with a gal who had gestational diabetes though and she actually said it wasn''t *that* bad and there was light at the end of the tunnel in just a few short weeks once the baby arrived, all would be back to normal.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support ladies. I noticed the area on one side of my nipple is pink (and hot). I am guessing that is where the pain is starting (though it kind of radiates down). I can''t feel a lump though. I am going to see how it looks/feels tomorrow. I did go for one lactation visit when she was 5 days old and it was helpful. I am not opposed to it. I really, really DON''T want to give up. Even though this is my third situation (not counting still using the shield) I really do like it (when I am not in pain). It is so easy and fast. No clean up. Better nutrition, etc....I don''t think formula is evil and if this continues I probably will have to think about my decision. Speaking of which the monster is hungry again. I''ll be back later
1.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, I''m sorry your having such a hard time with BFing...For something that is so natural, it doesnt come easy, does it? Ian is pretty much a FF baby, due to my own issues. But I feel like I have to explain to everyone details of my surgery any time I give him a bottle in public. It is still really hard emotionally for me. And people are really judgemental. But you need to do what is best for you. You may want to try to go without the shield, my LC said that after awhile it can promote more issues than it fixes....but i dont know exactly what she was talking about. I''m currently only BFing a few times a day, but probably only for a little while longer.

Ian will be 4 months next week. I cant believe it. He sleeps great, and last night was his first night in his crib. he was in a cosleeper, but he slept so well, I thought I would try it and he slept from 10-7!!!

I am finally seeing the light of day, i go to a mommy and me aerobics class at the gym on tuesdays and an adult school parenting class on thursdays, and meet for lunch once a week with friends with kids. its so nice to feel part of the world again. Except, I am coming to terms with never being my old size again. Even with going to kickboxing and spinning i have not lost any weight in 3 months!!!! Its been really hard on me!

TGal I love the name amelia! Its a tough call on the middle name, but i think I really like skye...it might be a little LA but its very orginal. My second fave is Ameila Kate!

Jas Sorry you had to go through that this morning. Hope it comes out negative. A friend is taking one on thursday, apparantly her fundal height is measuring quite large as well...I dont rememeber, Do you have any other symptoms of diabetes?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, what you said about me was so sweet! Thank you! I try really hard to see the positive otherwise I would have just cried nonstop (j/k). But honestly no matter what happens all Tessa has to do is smile and coo and NOTHING else matters. I think a baby''s smile could stop a war. We should try it!
2.gif
She has her difficult moments but deep down she is a sweetie.

Jas, I knew she was breeched b/c I could feel her head butting me (under my ribs). Also at that point all the movement was low (kicks). When the baby drops (mine never did) they say it feels like something is between your legs. Sounds uncomfortable. When she flipped it HURTTTTT! Man did it hurt probably b/c she flipped so late. But then all the movement was high.

Monarch, both my mom and MIL are having "welcome" parties to introduce Tessa. It is easiest b/c we live out of state so their friends/extended family won''t see her often. MIL already had hers while we were in Ohio for x-mas. People did bring gifts which I did not expect at all. Everyone seems to enjoy themselves. She did a dessert party (just little finger sweets). It was fun. My mom will do when when Tessa and I visit in March. I think she will probably do a brunch thing.

MsF, awesome Ian is in his own room. Not sure when we will move Tessa. It is hard since I feed her a few times a night still. People do look down on FF babies and really it is no ones business. Sorry for your troubles. Sounds like you really put in the effort. I wonder what problems will come from the shield. I should try w/o its just everytime she does nipple damage (wrong latch) or gets frusterated. It is just so EASY to slap on the shield and go. Sorry you haven''t lots weight in a few months. I still have 20 lbs to go. I am hoping for 1 lb/week weight loss (of course I will be thrilled with more). Seeing how I am not dieting (or suppose to while nursing) and I have NO energy to work-out (expect for a walk with her a few times a week) I can''t complain too much.

Kaleigh, I forgot to mention before (sometimes I am short on time so need to be quick!) but thank you so much for this thread. You are such a sweet lady Lisa and I cannot imagine not having this thread as my major source of support now and while I was pregnant.

Jackie, welcome. Good luck with your first doc''s appointment.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: Tessa''s mouth is shaped just like Delaney''s. A little cupids bow. Your avatar cracks me up everytime I see it. Love it.

Tgal: I was going to ask you about your Dyson Slim, but I was doing some research online & the Bissell Hepa Pet Hair Eraser Upright bagless kicked butt in the vacuum department. AWesome user reviews. And for $142, I was like...I''ll try it! OMG....the stuff it sucked up was unreal. Soooo grody! I have a a german shepherd & a long haired cat, and after I vacuum normally, I still have hair on my carpet...this got it ALL. I sat down in black pants & black sweater on my carpet after vacuuming & got back up...CLEAN! not a single hair. Love it!

I''m so glad I got it, because D is now rolling around on my carpet, which was new when Jake was born, but I think the thing sucked up 3 years of hair...eww..my old vacuum sucked. I just could NOT shell out $500 for a Dyson Animal. Not when Whiteflash makes such great earring jackets. ARgh...I emailed Bob for a quote, oh temptation, I hate thee!!! You think DH would buy it if I said my studs were cold this winter & needed jackets? LOL. Actually if I spend $$ on anything, I need to get my earrings switched out from white gold with nickel to platinum or palladium or something. WF can do it, but I procrastinated so long that metal prices are sky high. ARgh.

Ok..''nuff bling talk on the baby thread.

Oohhh...if anyone has ELEGANT shower ideas....hit me with them. My bff is expecting her 1st, and I am in charge of her shower here. She is a tall, cool, drink of water. Beautiful woman, who does everything beautifully (including my showers) and I want to make sure she has something lovely. I''m a terrible party planner, but for her, I''ll bring my A game.

Thanks!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results