Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • PriceScope will be conducting a server maintenance April 13th about @ 1 am CST.

    It will includes bug fixes, and security updates.
    If all goes well, the forum should only be down for about 3 hour.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
473
Yep, I'm still here, just lurking occasionally!

I am 28 weeks on Wednesday, woohoo, third trimester!

I have an ultrasound tomorrow as I am taking part in a study and will also have another at 36 weeks. Then on Wednesday I have the GTT test. They have gotten rid of the one hour test here now and just go straight to the three hour test. Its going to be so boring as I can't leave the clinic during those three hours.

Other than that, just trucking along. Pelvic pain had kicked in, and I am STILL struggling with insomnia and fatigue, but other than that it has been very uneventful.
 

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
1,769
Hello again, ladies! I've decided it's time to graduate up to this thread. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow, but in so many ways I feel and look much further along. I'll let you girls decide just HOW far along I look, but at my 12 week appointment my doc told me I'd be wise to compare my physical symptoms to the 20 week list. :roll: My fibroid has grown significantly (8cm at my 8wk scan, and has gotten bigger from what I can feel), and the result is my uterus is much bigger/higher up than it otherwise would be at this point. And, with that, I'm solidly in the land of round ligament and low back/sacroiliac joint point, and I feel like my stomach is in my throat if I eat too much or too quickly.

I just got the results to my MaterniT21 test back today. All came back clear (relief), and we're having a girl! DH is terrified.

This is me yesterday, at 13+5:

img_11756.jpg
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
Welcome, LC! You definitely look bigger than 14w, but it's such a cute bump. I'll post a pic of what I'm dealing with. I am freaking giant. People keep asking when I'm due, then are shocked when I say late August. Then I get the "oh, you're going to be really pregnant during the summer!" as if I don't know the seasons. Frustrating.

25_week_0.jpg
 

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
1,769
Awww, thanks, but you look great, amc! I really think people mix up "looks pregnant enough that I'm SURE she is pregnant and I can safely ask about it" with "that's what 8-9 months looks like". So far I haven't had too many funny looks/comments when I've said "due Nov 15th", though I did get a bit of an eyebrow from the gal behind the counter at Motherhood Maternity when I was clearly showing at 10-11wks. I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that this fibroid puts on the brakes and I can maybe approach a somewhat normal growth curve as time passes and the baby catches up. If not, I'm sure I'll end up with the "twins?" reaction before too long. I'm looking at the bright side right now, which is that I sped through the "wah, I feel fat!" stage in the span of a week or two. Thankfully, I didn't mind people at work knowing a bit early, or it would have been quite stressful trying (in vain) to hide it until this week. Instead, I decided to just embrace it by around 11 wks and have taken to wearing belly-hugging ruched maternity tees most days since then.

I turn 35 on 11/24 (Thanksgiving this year), which means I definitely don't want to go too far past due. 1) I want this kid when I'm still 34, 2) I want to be home and ready for family to come visit and feed me turkey and stuffing and pie. My mom had her turkey in the hospital two days after having me, and I'm sure it hasn't improved much over the years!
 

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
2,873
Oh amc, just looking at your photos brings back painful memories.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/family-home-health/calling-all-the-pregnant-ps-ers-t47081-39090.html

Granted I was carrying twins last time, but I remember just feeling like I was about to burst around 25 weeks, and I outgrew most of my maternity clothes from my prior pregnancy a few weeks later. This is your third pregnancy in a relatively short time, and your boys are big boys, so it's no wonder. Hang in there. For what it's worth, I think you look great.

LC, you look great too. Hopefully with time, the fibroid will not be as pronounced as the rest of your uterus expands. But if not, you are in good company.
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
monkeyprincess said:
Oh amc, just looking at your photos brings back painful memories. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-the-pregnant-psers.47081/page-1304 Granted I was carrying twins last time, but I remember just feeling like I was about to burst around 25 weeks, and I outgrew most of my maternity clothes from my prior pregnancy a few weeks later. This is your third pregnancy in a relatively short time, and your boys are big boys, so it's no wonder. Hang in there. For what it's worth, I think you look great. LC, you look great too. Hopefully with time, the fibroid will not be as pronounced as the rest of your uterus expands. But if not, you are in good company.
At least you were actually having twins. I just get asked about it all the time! My OB was telling me a story about a patient of hers who had twins plus excess fluid. Each twin was around the 7lb mark. I can't even imagine. I really don't think I'll go full term with this one. I've already started having contractions and I know that since I've now had a CS, they won't let my uterus be in distress for too long. But we shall see!

But you're right- big babies plus third baby in 4 years, not a huge shock. I can't want to get a tummy tuck when all is said and done.
 

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
2,873
Total threadjack, and I'll get out of here now, but that was me exactly. One of my twins had a lot of extra fluid, and then the babies combined weighed 13.5 pounds when I delivered at 37 weeks. I think everybody was surprised I made it that long with the regular contractions I had through the second half. Anyway I've really been having tummy tuck thoughts lately. I only gained 45 pounds with the twins (because I was too cramped to eat much at the end). I then lost 35 pounds about a week or two after they were born (all the fluid and baby/placenta weight). BUT the last ten pounds are not going anywhere, and I gained another five on top. And sadly, the extra weight improves my appearance, because without it, my stomach only looks flabbier and hangs over my c-section scar. We entertained the idea of maybe going for a fourth, but that's feeling less and less likely, so I'm starting to want my body back. It was for an amazingly good cause, but I literally need to wear mom jeans these day to avoid looking lumpy and muffin toppy or 5 months pregnant if I wear a fitted top! It's doing a major number on my self esteem. Anyway, sorry, again for the threadjack!

Best wishes to you lovely ladies!
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
monkeyprincess said:
Total threadjack, and I'll get out of here now, but that was me exactly. One of my twins had a lot of extra fluid, and then the babies combined weighed 13.5 pounds when I delivered at 37 weeks. I think everybody was surprised I made it that long with the regular contractions I had through the second half. Anyway I've really been having tummy tuck thoughts lately. I only gained 45 pounds with the twins (because I was too cramped to eat much at the end). I then lost 35 pounds about a week or two after they were born (all the fluid and baby/placenta weight). BUT the last ten pounds are not going anywhere, and I gained another five on top. And sadly, the extra weight improves my appearance, because without it, my stomach only looks flabbier and hangs over my c-section scar. We entertained the idea of maybe going for a fourth, but that's feeling less and less likely, so I'm starting to want my body back. It was for an amazingly good cause, but I literally need to wear mom jeans these day to avoid looking lumpy and muffin toppy or 5 months pregnant if I wear a fitted top! It's doing a major number on my self esteem. Anyway, sorry, again for the threadjack! Best wishes to you lovely ladies!
Thread Jack any time! I've got about a 4" separation in my abs. It will probably take me close to a year to get near my pre-baby weight, and then I will assess the damage. But even my OB told me there's no way physical therapy will close the gap.

And wow, you poor thing, that sounds terrible!
 

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
2,035
amc80|1463457233|4032568 said:
monkeyprincess said:
Total threadjack, and I'll get out of here now, but that was me exactly. One of my twins had a lot of extra fluid, and then the babies combined weighed 13.5 pounds when I delivered at 37 weeks. I think everybody was surprised I made it that long with the regular contractions I had through the second half. Anyway I've really been having tummy tuck thoughts lately. I only gained 45 pounds with the twins (because I was too cramped to eat much at the end). I then lost 35 pounds about a week or two after they were born (all the fluid and baby/placenta weight). BUT the last ten pounds are not going anywhere, and I gained another five on top. And sadly, the extra weight improves my appearance, because without it, my stomach only looks flabbier and hangs over my c-section scar. We entertained the idea of maybe going for a fourth, but that's feeling less and less likely, so I'm starting to want my body back. It was for an amazingly good cause, but I literally need to wear mom jeans these day to avoid looking lumpy and muffin toppy or 5 months pregnant if I wear a fitted top! It's doing a major number on my self esteem. Anyway, sorry, again for the threadjack! Best wishes to you lovely ladies!
Thread Jack any time! I've got about a 4" separation in my abs. It will probably take me close to a year to get near my pre-baby weight, and then I will assess the damage. But even my OB told me there's no way physical therapy will close the gap.

And wow, you poor thing, that sounds terrible!
Can you get you abs fixed while you're getting your c-section for your 3rd (assuming you're going the planned c route this time)? My friend had her abs stitched together during her planned c-section.
 

evergreen

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
460
OK, fine, I'm moving threads too. Hi, LC. :wavey: Bit jealous of all the pregnant-looking bellies up there, I'm at 15+2 and not really showing but my lower abdomen has poofed out a good bit more than my normal and can't button any pre-pregnancy pants! Relegated to yoga pants and scrubs, and anticipating an awkward time assembling business-casual outfits for the next 6 days at some upcoming conferences...!

imag2032-2.jpg

That's all I got. :) Kind of figured it'd be this way, since I'm skinny to begin with and long-waisted so there's plenty of space in there still. I'm sure I will be VERY grateful for this later on...!

Next OB followup is in a week and a half, and my anatomy scan will be in mid-June when we find out the sex. I have some pretty strong guesses about the sex based on my 12-week NT scan, since of course I went out & looked up all the literature on ultrasound-dating in late 1st trimester - turns out it's 80% accurate at 11 weeks, and 90-95% at 12 weeks, so based on our ultrasound pictures I am having a pretty strong "mother's intuition" about it. :lol: But just gonna call it that, and not let on to DH about the medical literature search. ;-)
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
SMC|1463502485|4032731 said:
amc80|1463457233|4032568 said:
monkeyprincess said:
Total threadjack, and I'll get out of here now, but that was me exactly. One of my twins had a lot of extra fluid, and then the babies combined weighed 13.5 pounds when I delivered at 37 weeks. I think everybody was surprised I made it that long with the regular contractions I had through the second half. Anyway I've really been having tummy tuck thoughts lately. I only gained 45 pounds with the twins (because I was too cramped to eat much at the end). I then lost 35 pounds about a week or two after they were born (all the fluid and baby/placenta weight). BUT the last ten pounds are not going anywhere, and I gained another five on top. And sadly, the extra weight improves my appearance, because without it, my stomach only looks flabbier and hangs over my c-section scar. We entertained the idea of maybe going for a fourth, but that's feeling less and less likely, so I'm starting to want my body back. It was for an amazingly good cause, but I literally need to wear mom jeans these day to avoid looking lumpy and muffin toppy or 5 months pregnant if I wear a fitted top! It's doing a major number on my self esteem. Anyway, sorry, again for the threadjack! Best wishes to you lovely ladies!
Thread Jack any time! I've got about a 4" separation in my abs. It will probably take me close to a year to get near my pre-baby weight, and then I will assess the damage. But even my OB told me there's no way physical therapy will close the gap.

And wow, you poor thing, that sounds terrible!
Can you get you abs fixed while you're getting your c-section for your 3rd (assuming you're going the planned c route this time)? My friend had her abs stitched together during her planned c-section.
Can that be done? I will ask my OB about it. I mean, it makes sense...
 

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
2,035
amc80|1463605120|4033313 said:
SMC|1463502485|4032731 said:
amc80|1463457233|4032568 said:
monkeyprincess said:
Total threadjack, and I'll get out of here now, but that was me exactly. One of my twins had a lot of extra fluid, and then the babies combined weighed 13.5 pounds when I delivered at 37 weeks. I think everybody was surprised I made it that long with the regular contractions I had through the second half. Anyway I've really been having tummy tuck thoughts lately. I only gained 45 pounds with the twins (because I was too cramped to eat much at the end). I then lost 35 pounds about a week or two after they were born (all the fluid and baby/placenta weight). BUT the last ten pounds are not going anywhere, and I gained another five on top. And sadly, the extra weight improves my appearance, because without it, my stomach only looks flabbier and hangs over my c-section scar. We entertained the idea of maybe going for a fourth, but that's feeling less and less likely, so I'm starting to want my body back. It was for an amazingly good cause, but I literally need to wear mom jeans these day to avoid looking lumpy and muffin toppy or 5 months pregnant if I wear a fitted top! It's doing a major number on my self esteem. Anyway, sorry, again for the threadjack! Best wishes to you lovely ladies!
Thread Jack any time! I've got about a 4" separation in my abs. It will probably take me close to a year to get near my pre-baby weight, and then I will assess the damage. But even my OB told me there's no way physical therapy will close the gap.

And wow, you poor thing, that sounds terrible!
Can you get you abs fixed while you're getting your c-section for your 3rd (assuming you're going the planned c route this time)? My friend had her abs stitched together during her planned c-section.
Can that be done? I will ask my OB about it. I mean, it makes sense...
It can be done, from what I've heard. I've asked my OB about it. I've also asked her if she can tie my tubes with the next baby. And she said "yes, but let's get you pregnant first..."
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
Well, I failed my 2 hour GD test, as expected. I haven't heard from my OB yet, so not really sure what I do from here...fun stuff!
 

evergreen

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
460
Rats, sorry amc. Did you do diet-controlled before, or meds? Fingers crossed it's no big deal!

Is it crazy that I think I've started feeling my baby kick? First pregnancy, 16+3 today, still barely even look pregnant even to a trained observer, and yesterday I think I felt 3 kicks while riding the bus home with a bag pressed up against my lower abdomen. I can't feel them externally with my hand, just internally. Sitting at my computer working today, I've felt the same thing, oh, I don't know, 5 or 6 times. They've all been happening just to the left of midline, usually in groups of 2 or 3 then nothing for minutes or hours. It's kind of like gas, but much more staccato and small and tends to stay in the same place without the migratory quality, and I'm only feeling it in my low abdomen/pelvis, no gas higher up. (TMI? No such thing. :) ) It's easier to feel when there's external pressure on my uterus, e.g. a belt (wearing a belt today with the maternity jeans, which place the belt down just above my hipbones, a good 5" below my navel) or the bag on my lap on the bus.

Kidlet is the size of an avocado today. Is it even rational to think an avocado can kick a muscular-walled organ hard enough for a human to notice?
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
evergreen|1464294262|4036607 said:
Rats, sorry amc. Did you do diet-controlled before, or meds? Fingers crossed it's no big deal!

Is it crazy that I think I've started feeling my baby kick? First pregnancy, 16+3 today, still barely even look pregnant even to a trained observer, and yesterday I think I felt 3 kicks while riding the bus home with a bag pressed up against my lower abdomen. I can't feel them externally with my hand, just internally. Sitting at my computer working today, I've felt the same thing, oh, I don't know, 5 or 6 times. They've all been happening just to the left of midline, usually in groups of 2 or 3 then nothing for minutes or hours. It's kind of like gas, but much more staccato and small and tends to stay in the same place without the migratory quality, and I'm only feeling it in my low abdomen/pelvis, no gas higher up. (TMI? No such thing. :) ) It's easier to feel when there's external pressure on my uterus, e.g. a belt (wearing a belt today with the maternity jeans, which place the belt down just above my hipbones, a good 5" below my navel) or the bag on my lap on the bus.

Kidlet is the size of an avocado today. Is it even rational to think an avocado can kick a muscular-walled organ hard enough for a human to notice?
I didn't have it with prior pregnancies, so it's all brand new! I'm thinking I'll be able to control it just fine with diet, though.

A little crazy to be feeling movement so early, but stranger things have happened.
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
HI again! Just had my 28w growth scan. Baby is even further ahead, measuring over 3 weeks big. Current estimated weight is 3lbs11oz, and his measurements are >97th percentile. Thank GOD for c-sections. How is everyone else?
 

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
515
amc, sounds like your baby will be big and healthy! How did your name choices fare in the 2015 SSA list? Ours mostly became more popular. Oh well, maybe that means we have good taste? We had our coed baby shower this past weekend, and my partner printed up a piece of paper with our name candidates and let people vote. One of my top choices, that he doesn't like as much, tied for 1st! :dance:

I haven't had any ultrasounds since the anatomy scan, but I've been gaining weight and girth at a rapid clip, and baby's movements are becoming stronger and more frequent. Had my most recent doctors appointment yesterday at 31w6d, and the Ob said baby is head down, but crooked. There is still time for her to move into a better position by herself, though, and an external cephalic version would likely succeed if she doesn't move by herself.

I've been super tired recently, and starting to get more heartburn. The end is in sight, though!
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
urseberry|1465335518|4041345 said:
amc, sounds like your baby will be big and healthy! How did your name choices fare in the 2015 SSA list? Ours mostly became more popular. Oh well, maybe that means we have good taste? We had our coed baby shower this past weekend, and my partner printed up a piece of paper with our name candidates and let people vote. One of my top choices, that he doesn't like as much, tied for 1st! :dance:

I haven't had any ultrasounds since the anatomy scan, but I've been gaining weight and girth at a rapid clip, and baby's movements are becoming stronger and more frequent. Had my most recent doctors appointment yesterday at 31w6d, and the Ob said baby is head down, but crooked. There is still time for her to move into a better position by herself, though, and an external cephalic version would likely succeed if she doesn't move by herself.

I've been super tired recently, and starting to get more heartburn. The end is in sight, though!
Ugh, names. Hudson moved up a bit on the list, the others stayed about the same. I think our list right now is Hudson, Blake, and Cooper. Cooper would probably be the winner, but since Chester is the middle name it makes things difficult. I told DH I don't care if Cooper Chester sounds weird,since it's not like we will be using his full name very often. Plus his initials would be CCC. I'm still hoping a name will just magically come to us.

Yay on baby being head down! This dude was also head down, and RIGHT on my cervix. Sorry, buddy, you're taking a different exit.
 

evergreen

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
460
Wow, amc, glad you had already decided on a scheduled c-section for your bowling-ball of a bean. :D Yay for big and healthy!

Urse, are there any tricks besides waiting or a version to un-crooked little girl?

AFM, yes, it was definitely baby moving since I've continued to feel it every day, several times a day, increasingly strong, and easily different from gas. Only once felt it from the outside, though; even the pulse in my fingers makes it a challenge, so I used the squishy part of my thumb. The midwife at my 16+4 OB appointment was just as skeptical as you, amc, but similarly (and as I expected, since I know never to expect a straight answer from a medical person!) agreed stranger things have happened. ;-)

I still don't look pregnant. :/ Saw family last weekend & will visit more this weekend (both sets of family are a plane ride away) and I have to say it's a bit of a disappointment, 18+3 today and I got an airport pat-down and the (unusually grumpy) TSA lady only realized I was wearing maternity pants when she got to checking the comically tall waistband for Evidence of Evil.

I pooch out my belly in the mirror every now and then so I can see for myself because, apart from the kicking, now that the nausea's gone away and a lot of the fatigue it's easy to forget I'm pregnant & go for a glass of wine! (Just kidding. No wine. :-o I do miss it, though.) I've been swimming for exercise and I'm so long-waisted I can't even wear "tall" one-piece bathing suits, so all I own are two-pieces (boobs look terrific, belly could use more coverage!). Just looking forward to the day things differentiate from "birthday cake" to "baby" though I trust it'll come soon enough.

Trying to navigate a completely unnecessary insurance maze in time for The Big Anatomy Scan which ought to happen early next week... DH leaves for a two-week business trip a week from tomorrow and we will both be tremendously disappointed if he can't be there!
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
Evergreen- awesome that you are truly feeling kicks so early! That must be really reassuring. I always hate that first 18-20 weeks or so when you have no idea what is going on.

Here is a pic from a few days ago. It's completely ridiculous.

28w.jpg
 

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
5,754
WOW Amc, you have a lot going on there:)

Good luck with the names, Chester is a tough middle name. I still think Sullivan Chester sounds good:)

Out of curiosity I went on Nymbler with your other name picks and it suggests that you might like:

Harmon
Colton
Willis
Parker
Carter
Richmond
Ryder
Finn
Willard
Owen
Grant
Brady
Jack
Oliver
Sawyer
Rowland
Rance
Noah
Chandler
Cody
Watson
Warner
Liam
Foster
levi
Mason
Ashton
Tanner
Wyatt
Henry
Nolan
 

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
1,769
Oh goodness, AMC! Is he doing handstands in there??

Evergreen, enjoy your itty bitty belly while you can! That's amazing that you can already feel movement. No hints of kicks yet for me.

I've been struggling this last week. I'm having really nasty pain in my back left kidney area, and the doc suspects it's either a kidney stone or hydronephrosis (fluid buildup in the kidney), which can happen in pregnancy from a ureter getting kinked or pinched off by the growing uterus, hormones relaxing the ureters, etc. They did a renal US yesterday to see what exactly is going on, but I haven't heard anything back yet. The tech wouldn't tell me what she saw or let me see the screen, so I'm at the mercy of waiting on the radiologist and my doc office to get in touch with me. I found some suggestions re: hydronephrosis to lay only on the unaffected side to take the weight of the uterus off the affected kidney/ureter and allow it to drain better, so I spent all of yesterday evening and last night on my right side. It helped immensely, though my back wasn't too happy about not being able to change positions all night. I was relatively pain free this morning, but it has come back over the course of the day. I'm reading that if it IS hydronephrosis, it will probably be something I have to deal with the entire pregnancy. If it gets bad enough they can place a stent in the ureter to keep the pressure from building too high (and causing permanent kidney damage), but all in all it is an unpleasant business. The stents themselves can cause pain/irritation, and they have to be changed out every few weeks it sounds like. I'm almost hoping it's a stone, since that would hopefully be a shorter-lived problem.

The tech who did my renal US asked when I was due, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head when I told her November. She said she was expecting me to say the end of the summer. If anybody ever wanted a lineup to demonstrate how useless belly size is as a gauge of due date, AMC, Evergreen and I would be a great start! This is yesterday, at 17+2:

img_11888.jpg
 

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
515
Yay, bump pictures. Here's mine. I'm very short, 4'10", and pretty round even before pregnancy, so I have quite the bump. Am a bit worried about how big and uncomfortable I'll get in the next 8 weeks. At least the end is in sight!

evergreen, I have seen the website Spinning Babies recommended as a resource for helping get babies into the ideal position. I have no idea if it actually works. I can feel the little one shifting position pretty often, so I think she still has room to move around a bit.

bumpie_week_32_flag.jpg
 

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
515
ladyciel, sorry to hear about your kidney issues. I hope the doctors can find the root cause and get you some relief.
 

evergreen

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
460
Aw, LC, it's great to hear an update but so sorry about the (presumptive) hydronephrosis! I'm really glad it felt better for a bit with position changes, but that's a real bummer. Do they think a fibroid is pressing on your ureter? Good luck with it all. By the way, my mom borrowed a book written by a research scientist -- she started with a blog, https://scienceofmom.com/ -- all on an evidence-based approach to parenting, published in 2015 so quite current. Like, presents pros and cons and, I think, does a brilliant job synthesizing the literature & its limitations. While the book basically starts at birth with delayed cord clamping (I think that's the first thing!), her blog has some pregnancy topics, too. Thought it might be up your alley. :)

Urse, "spinning babies" -- what an adorable website name. But it also makes a lot of practical sense, because I have seen a lot of prolonged labors blamed on "asynclitic" presentation -- i.e, head down but kinda rotated -- so if there were good maneuvers to perform, (obviously later in the process) to get kiddo lined up right, I'd be all in favor! Now after checking out that website I am desperate to know what "pelvic type" I have. :)

Also, ha, LC: yes, futile to guess gestational age based on belly size! So, adding mine, today at 18+4:

imag2064.jpg

A little stretched vertically by perspective/wide-angle cell phone selfie lens, but not too far off.

Found out I will have to postpone my 20-week scan to 21 weeks since DH is going out of town and the resolution of the insurance thing will happen too late to have the anatomy scan done next week. Now looking at early July. Sigh.
 

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
1,769
Thanks for the blog link, Evergreen! I will have to check it out. You are so slim that I'm sure once your bump really pops it will be super obvious to any stranger. But yes, I can see what you mean that right now even a trained eye might have trouble picking it up. My anatomy scan is scheduled for July 5 at 21 weeks, so you aren't alone in having to wait for it. Mine was just an issue of scheduling - the office strongly prefers to have the US and doc appointments back to back, and there simply wasn't anything available earlier. It's easier for DH to make it on Fridays than earlier in the week, but he will force it to work somehow - no way he is missing it! My secret (shhhh - DH doesn't know, because I'm afraid he'd be upset he wasn't there) is I got a brief sneak peek at my renal US. The tech couldn't help herself. She was breaking the rules, said she'd deny it if ever asked, but turned the monitor towards me and took a quick look. I got a glimpse of two VERY squirmy feet, her legs and bottom, and her spine, and that was about it. She was head down, quite tucked away, and otherwise hard to see. As active as she was, I'm hoping it's not much longer before I can actually feel her.

I still haven't heard back about the renal US results. I did have a very small fibroid lower on my uterus that might be over to the left (I never really got the details on that one since it was pretty tiny at my 8 week scan) but the big fibroid is out front, high and to the right - most likely not directly pushing on anything but my uterus and abdominal wall. However, it could be displacing the rest of my uterus and baby over toward the left, indirectly causing the issue. I'm not sure I'll ever find out exactly what is pushing on what.

Urseberry, I have a friend who is about your height, has carried each of her 4 babies allllll out front, and every time I've marveled at how she ever managed to stay upright and full of smiles at full term. I do hope you don't end up too uncomfortable, but the end is definitely in sight for you!
 

April20

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
3,312
AMC: I know this isn't the baby name thread but just saw Bella's post with the list of names and I'm sticking my two cents in. What about Corbin? I think it flows nicely with Chester, though IIRC it would give your kid three C names. Too much?
 

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
848
I'm well into week 13 today, so thought I would finally join this thread. :). Will have to catch up on reading all the recent posts.

Hope everyone is still doing well, especially with summer weather hitting lots of regions lately. I am feeling great except that I am painfully hungry and craving super spicy foods. I think there's a Chinese saying that the child will be bad tempered if the mom eats a lot of spicy foods during pregnancy. Guess I'll be putting that to the test! Trying to snack healthy.... for the most part.

I also fainted out in public last week, which was super embarrassing. Has this happened to anyone? I've had some dizzy spells and OB told me to snack more, but this was my first full on faint. I'm staying hydrated and eating frequently, so I think it's just pregnancy related blood pressure changes.
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
Bella (and April)- Thanks for the suggestions! I love a ton of those names, but DH has vetoed them at one point or another. I'm 99% sure we are going with Cooper. Which sounds weird with Chester, but I don't care (and he will have the CCC initials...also don't care).

Bling- how scary! Hang in there!

I love seeing all of these belly shots.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.

New posts

Top