shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!!!!

I'm a Mommy!!! So sorry I'm late checking in, but long story short, my water broke on 9/27 at 2 am, and baby Lucas David came into the world a few hrs later at 5:42 am, weighing 7.10 lbs and perfectly healthy!!! He is such a sweet little angel! I will write out the full birth story soon...just have no time now, but want to post a quick pic to show you how darn cute he is (of course, I'm biased I know, lol). I hope you're all doing well and I promise I'll check in again soon. This is the hardest job in the world, and the breast feeding is so difficult, but the little man Is soooo worth it. It really is true, I don't think I ever truly knew what love was until now!!!!!

_1199.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww, he is gorgeous Dani, congratulations!!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Dani! He looks so peaceful, and he is very handsome!

MP, sorry you are down, but you could go any day now. You just never know. And, it will all be worth it in the end when you are holding your baby boy.

Sunny, yay for finishing the nursery. I still have a giraffe decal to put up. Hoping to get to that today and then the nursery will be pretty much done.

AFM, not much is new. Feeling a little less movement which worries me, but she gives a kick here and there for reassurance on her own timetable of course. My visiting MIL suggested I scrub the floor on my hands and knees to get the baby to flip to heads down - I am not taking her up on that.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Dani, I wondered if you might have some news! Congratulations on the arrival of little Lucas! What a little cutie. Hope to hear more from you once you are more settled into a routine. Can't wait to join you on the flip side!

Pupp, thanks for the encouragement. I feel like a brat whining because I've had a pretty darn easy pregnancy, and I haven't even reached my due date yet. And as long as the little guy is still healthy and happy in there, I know he's better off staying inside of me until he's ready to come. I think I just have too much time to dwell on how uncomfortable I am on the weekends. So, how you are doing? Hope everything is going well!

JGator, you are so right. No matter what, it is just a matter of time before I'm holding my baby. The whole due date thing just messes with your head when you get this close I think. Anyway, when you start worrying about movement, I definitely recommend doing the whole kick count where you drink something really cold and lie on your left side for an hour? That always reassures me when I worry about his movements. Sometimes you just get busy and don't notice the little movements as much. But you definitely shouldn't hesistate to call your doctor if you need a little reassurance. I don't blame you for not wanting to get on your knees and wash the floor :) I've been doing a lot of cleaning, vacuuming, laundry and going up and down the stairs this weekend trying to get things moving, but it has left me limping and hobbling around, so now I'm just relaxing in front of the TV. I feel lazy, but I guess my body is just telling me to rest today.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Dani! He is just beautiful!

Monkeyprincess, hang in there! With my first as I got near the due date, I had NO signs of impending labor at all, and then like out of the blue at 39w5d, I woke up to crazy contractions and had a baby! You just never know, it really could be any day now.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani--What wonderful news! Welcome to the world, little Lucas. He's such a precious little boy. So happy for you.

MonkeyP--I'm sorry you're feeling down. I can only imagine how you must feel. Don't worry about feeling like a brat, you are carrying a big baby in your belly and your body is aching because of it--anyone would feel ready to move along and have that baby ASAP. I really hope you get some relief soon. But I hope that whatever you're feeling, you're not getting down on yourself for feeling down, if that makes sense. You are entitled to whatever you feel, and if talking about it makes you feel better, then this is the place to do it.
Sending lots of healing and healthy labor vibes your way, lady.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Dani! He's adorable!

MP:I hope you are feeling better. I can totally relate on the "ready to be done" feelings. My due date is in 2 days and my next midwife appt. is the day after my due date (so Wed). I'm not ready in the house for the baby-and my pregnancy hasn't been to bad (expect for being sick well into the late 2nd tri) and now I'm huge and at first I didn't mind getting up and peeing every 2 hrs or so-but now that I have to get speed in order to even get out of bed-it's gotten old quickly.

Hopefully we'll both have news to share soon!

Keep baking those babies ladies :) This was just a fly by post since I have a ton of stuff to do around the house (like get ready for a baby lol) and my best friend is flying up on Wed. afternoon to stay for 10 days so I have someone around to help (she's the best!). She's also a trained doula and in school to be a midwife-so if I do go late I'll have the best around to coach me until DH gets home from work.

Baking homemade pumpkin pie today for thanksgiving up here in Canada. DH is downstairs working on getting the basement insulated so we can have the birth down there (in front of the gas stove in the birthing pool).

Can't believe I'm only 2 days out from my due date. Could be another 2 weeks though I know. Can't think like that now though!

HUGS to everyone!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hi meresal! I'm still here, haha - only 22 weeks, so I'm not leaving anytime soon. :))

Congratulations, Dani! :appl: :appl: Baby Lucas is beautiful!!

Hope everyone else is feeling well and doing wonderfully!

I've been having a whole lot of back pain in the sacrum area lately - I'd call it excruciating some days. Even walking hurts it sometimes, especially the pressure on my right hip. It really hurts in bed a lot, resulting in lots of flipping over during the night and less sleep than preferred. Wah. :blackeye:

Question for you ladies - my cousins are putting on a shower for me, and we had originally chosen the last weekend in December due to family already being in town for the holidays that would otherwise have to fly in for the shower. But now some cheap tickets have been found for the weekend of Nov 30 - Dec 2, and the out-of-towners can come in then. They're asking if I would want to move the shower to then, so we all get a full weekend together (vs. only a day or 2 together for the end of December). But I'll be less than 7 months pregnant then (due Feb 12) - I just wonder about having a shower that early. What's your general opinion on when is too early for a shower? I know there's no "right or wrong", but it still just feels kind of early to me.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dani!!! You're a quick birther. Ha! 2am - 5:45?! Lucas is such a cutie!

Thanks for the compliments Monnie, Meresal and MP! Looking at that pic, that shirt is SO not flattering. LOL. I look like a house! It has a tie around the bottom that pulls it in, but I lost the ends inside the holes...oops. RIP shirt!

Mere, welcome back! How are things this time around, now that you're chasing a toddler? My doc didn't say how effaced I was at my last appointment, or if she did I missed it because all I heard was almost 3cm dilated. Haha!

MP, sorry you're feeling down today. I agree that this is probably the worst part of pregnancy! You're uncomfortable and miserable, and everyone is hounding you for an update because "any day now" is a 5 week span of time!! Whoever came up with that is really mean!

So Saturday night baby girl was going BSC in there, poking and kicking and turning, then I had 2 pretty decent contractions in 10 minutes. I got excited, but it hasn't happened again. Boo! I really should pack my bag though...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
luvthemstrawberries|1349717655|3281597 said:
Question for you ladies - my cousins are putting on a shower for me, and we had originally chosen the last weekend in December due to family already being in town for the holidays that would otherwise have to fly in for the shower. But now some cheap tickets have been found for the weekend of Nov 30 - Dec 2, and the out-of-towners can come in then. They're asking if I would want to move the shower to then, so we all get a full weekend together (vs. only a day or 2 together for the end of December). But I'll be less than 7 months pregnant then (due Feb 12) - I just wonder about having a shower that early. What's your general opinion on when is too early for a shower? I know there's no "right or wrong", but it still just feels kind of early to me.
LTS, I'd rather have it early than late. Gives you more time to fill in the holes once your shower is over. Plus you'll feel more like shopping when you're 7 months than 9. Ha!

mlk

Shiny_Rock
Wow there is a baby boom here and it looks like continuing!

Buttons, congratulations on the birth of little Tadgh. Sorry to hear your birth wasn't the experience you wanted but it sounds like you handled it with amazing strength and a great attitude. Can't wait to see pics of your little guy.

Dani, Lucas is gorgeous congratulations! Hope you are coping well. p.s. Lucas is one of my favourite names, just need to convince DH that Luke is too short!

Rachel, I am guessing silence means you might be holding your little girl in your arms, I hope you are both doing well :wink2:

Monkey, hang in there, I can only imagine how difficult it must be in those last few weeks and how impatient and uncomfortalble you get. Your little guy will be worth the wait though. I cannot believe you are 39 weeks, where has the time gone?

Lulu, looking good, wow 3cm is great progress, hope the other 7cm are just as quick and easy for you.

Vintage, wow 2 days from your due date, hope baby is on time! Or perhaps a little late to allow all the work to get done?

JGator, hope that baby flips soon. I have heard accupuncture is really good for breach babies if you haven't tried that already.

Dandi, wow you always look so good. Cant believe you are already 31 weeks. How are you coping with the warmer weather? I am absolutely dreading summer here and its supposed to be a hot one!

Strawberries, I am due 6 Feburary and am having my baby shower on 2 December just because of Christmas and its lead up here with Christmas parties etc and the heat of summer. I was already a day late in getting the Saturday, so am stuck with a Sunday. There doesn't seem to be many rules here for baby showers and I just want an excuse for a get together and will be asking for no gifts (it is not the norm here to have registries etc), so getting things organised etc afterwards was not a consideration for me, rather I want the nursery set up and everything so I can show everyone!

Hi meresal, nice to see another over here who is due in 2013 :wavey:

Lulu, I think when you're home anything goes, altough I don't know if I could get away without a bra and my boobs have gotten so much bigger lately.

Haven, I have no idea what skunk smells like but can only imagine how horrible it must be when you have been going through months and months of MS.

AFM, 23 weeks tomorrow, all going good so far. I have worked out my leave with work, the day before my HR manager went on maternity leave, so the timing was good. I am taking 7 months off (am entitled to 12 months although it is mostly unpaid) and returning part time, 3 days in the office, 1 at home. My supervising partner was not impressed, he is a cranky 73 year old lawyer, HR basically said they couldn't say no because they would never find anyone else to work for him!

I am buying up big on the baby items, especially cos some of the shops have had some pretty good sales the last 2 weeks. So I now have all the nursery furniture, swing, play mat and stroller (oh plus a box of clothes). Can you tell I like being organised? The best thing is I have brought every single item on sale, so I am pleased with that. Now comes the assembly of everything and decorating. I think the nesting phase is starting!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
MLK, glad to hear things are progressing nicely and that you're starting to accumulate baby stuff. Fun, isn't it? Sounds like you worked out a nice maternity leave situation. I get 12 weeks, but would just love to be able to be with the baby a few more months after that.

Sunnyd, definitely pack your bags! Really hoping your body kicks into action soon.

Strawberries, your shower timing sounds fine to me. Most people wait a little longer, but I've known plenty of people who have them that early. Whatever works best for you and your guests should be fine. Sorry to hear about your pain. Are you seeing a chiropractor or something for it?

Vintage, yay! It's your due date today. Thinking of you and hope you feel prepared to meet your little baby soon. There are still things I would like to get done around the house and the baby's room, but I'm just letting it go for now. We'll have plenty of time once we settle in with our babies to get everything done. Smooth delivery baby dust to you when the time comes!

Haven, thanks for your support. I have just been so emotional lately, so it is nice to have a place to vent. Hope you are feeling well lady and that the skunk smell is letting up!

Laila, thanks for the encouragament. How are things going for you? You must not be too far away from your due date right? Hope everything is going well.

AFM, I had an appointment yesterday and I'm still about 1 cm dilated and my cervix is still posterior. She did say it was paper thin this time, so I guess that's a little bit of progress. She also said I was measuring a little larger this time. I'm not surprised because my belly is just massive these days. I'm in the 39th week and am measuring 40 weeks, so it's not that big of a difference, but she had me schedule an ultrasound on Thursday to try to get an idea of the baby's size. I think her main concern is that she doesn't want me to go to far over if we're dealing with a big baby. I'm a little skeptical about all of this because I was already pretty sure we'd have a good size baby (DH and I were both 8.5 pounds, and my mom and sisters have had good sized babies). Plus, these late ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate in predicting size. She said she mainly wants to see how big the baby's shoulders are in comparison to his head to decide whether he will fit. Ugh. Not the news I was hoping for, and I'm really hoping baby will just come on his own the natural way.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I guess I'm officially diving in over here. I'm 20 weeks today so it's about time! We had our anatomy scan today. All looked well according to the tech (and a quick look by the doc). Our 17 year old DD really wanted to come but the office has a policy against it. So, we asked the tech not to reveal the gender to us but put it in an envelope so DD could tell us. She's going to reveal the baby's gender to us by getting me a birthday gift that indicates one way or the other. So...now I have to wait another week! Aren't we nice? :bigsmile: I think it's a boy and DH thinks girl. At the end, the tech was having a hard time getting the money shot and she said, "Oh, don't worry. I could tell what it was all along I just want to get you a good pic." So, now I'm REALLY thinking boy because a girl wouldn't be that obvious, right? I'm pretty sure I'll drive myself crazy with these types of thoughts between now and next Tuesday!

JGator, thanks for thinking of me. Pregnancy after a loss is definitely different. I think I'm *over* the extra anxiety but I've been really moody and generally grumpy. That probably has more to do with being pregnant while caring for a toddler than anything else. My poor DH is walking on eggshells constantly! I'm hoping that finding out the gender will give me the kick of excitement that I need.

...gosh, so many of your are SO close. I can't wait for all of the babies to arrive!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to find out what you're having pupp!! :appl:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
LTS- Glad to see a few ladies that are sticking around a bit. :appl:
As for the shower, I say if they want to, then by all means. I saw that really good fare sale on Southwest for that time period. Also, the last week of December can be kinda crazy with the holiday's.

Sunny- Thanks :) It feels good to be back! I'm doing great. Trying to be a lot healthier this pregnancy. Not so much with the pregnancy, but hoping it will help me have less of a transition into the "post" side of things. Losing weight and just feeling good about myself.
When is your appointment this week? Is it tomorrow? Hope you see some more progress! Though, you don't have much more to go, lol!

MLK- Yay! More 2013!

Welcome over Pupp! How cute that you are waiting another week to find out. Ours in next Tuesday, but we aren't telling anyone until the 25th, after my parents are told.
As for the "money shot" I would think girls are harder to get a "good" picture of than boy parts. Who knows though!?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
BTW... Happy DD to Vintage and missrachel! :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee, welcome meresal and pupp!! This thread is a-hoppin'!!! :appl: Babies babies!

mp, sending you natural labour/birth vibes! Eek, that must be a tad disconcerting to be told your baby is so big, you have done such a wonderful job baking that healthy baby!!! You look absolutely beautiful.

Aww, thanks mlk, you're a love! Actually we had a bit of a heatwave here last week, and the last two days have been cold and raining, would you believe?! So I'm coping rather well with the climate thus far :bigsmile: Is Sydney getting hot yet? Please post pics of your nursery when it's done, you are so super organised, a woman after my own heart, I love it!

Oh yes sunnyd, I'd be packing those bags, lady! I'll admit I've started packing mine and I'm only 32 weeks... hey I like to be organised :rodent: Sounds promising, I hope there's more action on the labour front for you super soon!

strawberries, I think having the shower early is actually a great idea, that way you have a really good idea of what more you need to get afterwards and it gives you more time to hoard. I've been hoarding big time since about 9 weeks - I know, I'm terrible! :devil:
Happy DD rachel and vintage!!! :appl: How are you feeling, ladies?!

Oh dani, Lucas is gorgeous, congratulations!! You clever mama!!! Hope your recovery is going smoothly!

Hello and big hugs to JGator, Haven, laila and lulu, I hope you ladies are all feeling great!

AFM, I had a checkup with my OB today and everything is right on track. I see him again in 2 weeks and then every week after that, wow we're really getting to the pointy end of things now! He was feeling my tummy and commented that baby is a 'good size', which to me is code for 'it's gonna be a whopper!!!' :bigsmile:

Much love to all!!

32 weeks

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, I DEFINITELY recommend having your bags packed and ready to go by 36 weeks. I am SO GLAD I had everything ready, since little Lucas decided to make his appearance 2 weeks early and my water broke in the middle of the night while I was sleeping! I quickly got up, took a shower, grabbed our bags, and off we went! Made a very stressful event much less stressful. I couldn't imagine running around the house trying to gather my things while leaking TONS of fluid. Ewwwww!!!

Hope everyone is hanging in there! MP, hang in there girl, you're almost done! I know how uncomfortable pregnancy is, especially at the end.....I was so uncomfortable it was ridiculous! My body was just shot...its probably why I delivered a little early. Its funny, the pediatrician keeps telling me that he thinks my dates were off, because Lucas looked more mature at birth than a 37.5 weeker according to him...I don't think my dates were off, but who knows? I wasn't using ovulation predictors or charting or anything, so I guess it's always possible....I'm just so glad he's healthy!!!!

Crazily enough, I have to say, I do miss being pregnant a little bit. I mostly miss feeling him move inside me. That is just the best feeling! And no matter what, all the pain and discomfort was so worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!:) :appl:

Best of luck to everyone delivering soon....MP, Sunny...who else? I can't even think straight these days.....and I used to think preggo brain was bad.....Mommy brain is SO MUCH WORSE!!!!! Get ready!!!! :))

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
LTS, I don't think 7 months is too early for a shower at all. I was in the same boat--I was due end of February and had my family shower when I was travelling home for Christmas. The bottom line is that when you have family that is out of state, anytime you can get together for a shower will work, regardless of how far along you are! :) If early December works better for everybody, so be it! Seven months is as good a time as any!

Pupp, it's funny you say that about a boy being obvious. When we had our anatomy scan, I had the U/S tech check multiple times just to make sure. Then I had the actual doctor come in and check because I wanted as many people to confirm as possible. We also had them write it down on a card, so neither told us the sex, but both of them said "There is no question, it's obvious". For that reason, I was sure it was a boy. I really wanted a boy, so I was giddy when they said it was obvious. A couple of days later we opened the card and lo and behold, it said "girl". DH should have taken a picture of my face when we opened it, I was in shock. The cake idea is going to be fun! I liked finding out outside of the doc's office. I can't wait for you to find out!

Dani, good point about having the bag packed. I went into labor at 38 weeks and my bag was packed, but my DH's was not. I kept telling him he should pack one just in case, but I had a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks and he did not think I'd go early. Anyway, yes, the last thing you want to be doing while in labor is packing. Or arguing with your husband about the fac that he's not ready and your contractions are 3 minutes a part and holy hell it hurts!

Excited for all the ladies who are so close now!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Bag = packed. Now she'll hold out on me for another 2 weeks, right? :cheeky: I feel like I have too much stuff in there...2 pairs of undies, 2 nursing bras, pants and shirt and hoodie to go home in, baby's going home outfit plus 2 blankies (a receiving and a fleece one), toiletries, a season of Friends for labor distraction, massage thingie, 2 pairs of socks, and a robe. Cameras haven't been packed yet. The robe and fleece blanket take up most of the room in the bag, but I look like I'm packing for a weekend away! Haha! Bellhop, please get a cart!

Oh crap, we have the birthing ball to bring too! Our hospital doesn't provide them. Does that sound about right? Too much?

38w6d and starving!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
dani congrats!! baby lucas is just so adorable :)

welcome meresal & pupp!!!

big HELLO :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: to everyone else!

AFM, we had the (probably) final u/s yesterday & started the every 2 week appts.
she's still a girl. (some relatives were starting to worry us, saying that i was carrying so low. i feel pretty darn confident now, though. we've had 3 u/s--2 w/the doc, 1 w/the tech all telling us she's a girl.) however the tech said she's measuring 32 wks (i'm 30.4 wks) :O the doc said that u/s measurements can be off, but he did go ahead a up my due date for now to dec 4, instead of dec 15. she's also head down, so that's good. and we discussed a possible/probable induction. my doc & hospital are over 45 mins away (i live in a really rural area) and my dh cannot drive because of his low vision, so the doc suggested an induction would be best for us. it does give us both ease of mind but also makes me a bit nervous...what if she's not done baking all the way?? anyone w/induction experience to share?
other bummer news...i have to do the 3 hour glucola test :( we left the appt & i was waiting to receive my whooping cough & flu vaccine, turned to my husband & said that they didn't go over my labs at all. dh got up and asked the receptionists as i went back for my shots. apparently they went and discussed with the doc who said my level was slightly elevated and that he did want me to do the 3 hour. i'll do it in 2 weeks before my next appt. boo! what happens if my levels are still elevated at the 3 hour test?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd, ha, sounds pretty similar to what I've packed. I've had mine packed for a couple weeks now (DH forced me to do it), and I keep changing my mind about what to bring :) It's just hard to imagine how it's all going to be and what I'll want to wear, etc. I'm sure I won't even care once I'm there. I had to switch to a bigger suitcase, so I feel a little silly about that. We're also bringing the baby's stuff in a baby bag and DH is packing a separate gym bag :???: Anyway, I'm hoping neither of us has to much longer to wait. Are you getting as impatient as I am???

Dani, thanks for the encouragement. It's so funny to hear so many new moms miss being pregnant once the baby arrives, because at this point, I am so ready to be done being pregnant! But who knows, I might be saying the same thing soon. I'm sure I will miss feeling all his little kicks and hiccups.That is the one thing I still love about being pregnant. Hope you are enjoying your time with your little guy.

Dandi, glad to hear things are going well. You're on the downward spiral now. Sounds like you're growing a nice and healthy baby. All along my doctor was saying I measured right on track and baby seemed average sized. So I have no idea why all of a sudden the doctor is worried about the baby's size. I'm not too worried though because my fundal height measurement was only off by a week at most, and the woman in my family seem to handle average or larger than average babies just fine.

Lulu, no experience with inductions, but I'm thinking the doctor might suggest that for me too depending on the results of my ultrasound tomorrow and if baby doesn't come soon. I'm not sure how I feel about that because you always hear horror stories about how they lead to longer, more painful labors and often end in c-sections. But in your case, it sounds like it might make sense to have some predictability. I would make sure they don't induce you too soon based on the revised due date though, especially if you think you know when you ovulated. (I thought they only moved due dates up in the early part of pregnancy because there can be a lot of variation later on). Sorry to hear about the glucose test. But for what it's worth, I've heard the rate of false positives on the one hour test is really high. Hopefully, that will be the case for you!

Meresal and Pupp, glad to see you have made the jump. Hopefully, I won't be around here too much longer, but I wish you both happy and healthy pregnancies!

AFM, nothing new to report. It's getting harder and harder to get up and come into work each morning, so I've tentatively decided this will be my last week, and if I go over into next week, I'll try to work from home a bit. I'm sick of hobbling around and feeling like a spectacle and worrying that people will try to give me more work! Ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see the little guy (although he'll probably just look all smooshed and indecipherable at this point) and to talk to my doctor again.

Hi to all of the others!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

Apologies for posting and dashing, yikes but life is hectic with a newborn!

Rachel I hope the silence is a good sign, thinking of you!!!

Monkey I hope you get good news today at your scan. Remember those size estimates at the end are often way off! But also an induction doesn't automatically mean a terrible experience - I know of a Mum here who got the gel and then went for a walk around the hospital grounds and had terrible gas pain, she and her husband were joking about the people around probably thinking she was in labour when in fact she just needed a good fart - well turned out when she went back up to the labour ward that the 'gas' had dilated her to 7cm!!! ; ) Hang in there Mama!

Vintagelover happy due date!!! Not long to go now!

Dani CONGRATULATIONS and welcome baby Lucas!!! I LOVE his name!!! Looking forward to joining you over on the Mommy thread :)

Everyone else I've missed hope you are all keeping well. I am still lurking and loving reading all your posts and am wishing you all well. It is all SO worth it ladies :)

Oh and at last here is a picture of Wee Button - he nursed for half an hour out of every hour between 6pm last night and 10am this morning so I spent all night wanting to kill him and then the little flirt goes and bats his eyelashes at me and my heart just melts and all is forgiven... :D

image-4131409994.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
mlk you are definitely so far ahead of me in terms of items, haha! That sounds fantastic, especially getting everything on sale! We haven't started getting anything yet, which is funny because I am such an organized person too... but also a procrastinator, which I guess causes some irony. :bigsmile:

mp hope your ultrasound goes well!

Hi puppmom! :wavey: Yay for 2013! I hope your gender reveal is so much fun!

DandiAndi you made me laugh with the whopper comment. ::) And about you hoarding since 9 weeks, haha - at least you're prepared! :cheeky:

Dani good advice - it's good to hear from someone who did go early, just to help us remember that going late may be common but not a given. I know so many of my own assumptions about my pregnancy have already been proven wrong, haha!

sunnyd congrats on being packed and ready to go! I know I'll be the very same as you - haha, my husband will probably be doing his usual "you're taking that whole big bag?" as if it's a vacation...

lulu here's hoping your test goes well in 2 weeks!

Buttons you make me smile talking about your heart turning to mush. ::) Thanks for the cute photo - things like that always help get me through the day with a smile!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Also just wanted to say thanks to all you ladies for the input on the early December shower! :wavey: I really appreciate it. Definitely makes sense to still have time afterwards to get what I need, and also just to take advantage of any time we can get together with our out-of-state family.

Nothing too new here... loving all the movement that's happening in there. We're actually deep in possible house stuff right now - if we move ahead with what we're working on, it may put us moving around 6 weeks after my due date (so baby could be anywhere around that age). I know it's not ideal, but is that just CRAZY? We were really hoping to be moved before the baby comes and not have to bring it back to the apartment/townhouse we're in now, but it would only be for a short while... we'd just have to make do with the space we have and look forward to moving, and the baby's room would be top priority when we move. Another nice thing would be I'd be on maternity leave anyway, and we do have family nearby that will be lots of help for the move/baby watching. So tell me it's not crazy talk please? :wacko:

22 weeks

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
mp i hope your ultrasound goes well today! keep us updated. it seems like things w/me & this baby have changed from appt to appt: first probable c-section bc of placentia previa, then my placenta moves so i'm on track for a natural birth, then baby is breech so back on track for a c-section, now she's head down but we've thrown a possbile induction into the mix! lol. i just try to take it one appt at a time & not get too attached to any "plan" we've made!
and YAY for no more work! stay as comfortable as possible, lady :D

buttons he's so adorable! love that you are wrapped around his finger!!

luvthemstrawberries i'm not sure if i commented about your earlier shower date...but i think it's a-ok! i was 27wks at my shower and it has been nice knowing exactly what we got/still need. as for the moving date, not crazy at all. what i've learned through the whole time of enormous change is: do what's right for you and your family when you can do it!! if that means moving 6 wks after your due date, so be it! plus, it sounds like you have a great local support system to help you out!

AFM, got a text from mil this morning that she & fil will likely be coming out to visit at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec. we were expecting mil only at the beginning of nov. my mom will be arriving at the beginning of Dec and staying for a month or two. looks like we are possibly going to have a very full house to greet baby girl when she arrives (if she decides to debut at the beginning of dec)! i'm trying not to freak out; i think it will be fine. but we only have one guest room, so someone is going to be sleeping on an airmattress or couch and i know (hope to dear God) it's not me :D

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Lulu, my in-laws are visiting now for 10 days, coming back in mid-November (about a week after the due date) for 5 days and then coming back for 3-4 weeks in mid-December/early Jan. I told them we wanted to be alone the first 2 weeks as my DH has paternity leave, and then my mom is coming so they could come in December, but they think I am crazy for us to be alone for 2 weeks. They also don't realize my mom is not going to be happy to be 2nd in line to see her grandchild! Uggh! And, I really don't want to break the news to my mom either. I am pretty sure I am going to want some downtime from company as 2 of the 3 months I am out on maternity leave we will be full of company. Fortunately, the grandparents are not going to overlap their visits........

Buttons, your son is adorable!

Strawberries, there never is a good time to move is there? As long as you have lots of people to help you will be fine though. Just make taking care of the baby the priority, and have everyone else do the moving/packing/lifting for you.

MP, happy last week at the office. I hope things are progressing with the baby!

Sunny, I think your packing list sounds great. I need to get my bag packed this weekend.

AFM, I had a nice baby shower luncheon yesterday with a group from work. My manager went all out at Nordstroms so we will have a well-dressed baby. Tomorrow is my next ultrasound - hoping the baby has flipped heads down.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
jgator here's hoping for a flipping baby ;-) i really thought i'd be able to tell when this little one had flipped b/c i'd felt "kicks" so low in my abdomen but on tues the u/s revealed she had moved heads down...guess some of those "kicks" were "punches" lol. as for the in laws, i'm trying not to get too concerned; they are notorious for changing their minds/plans so who knows. i really wanted my mom to be here when the birth happens or as soon after as possible and she did too. we don't have a big support system locally & i thinking having her there will take a load off--she takes good care of us when she visits: cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc! luckily my mil called my mom to discuss who was coming out after the baby was born. mil seemed ok to let my mom take the reins. this is my parents first grandchild and the in laws have 1 already. good luck dealing with all your company!! may we both stay sane :D

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,
Just wanted to stop by real quick before our hospital tour tonight! Still here.. 34w5d...We've been busy getting the nursery finished and trying to get everything ready for baby! Things have just been hectic. Hubby started a different part of his internal med rotation in the CCU and has to be to work by 7am and we never know when he is going to get off... one day it was 8:30pm.. one day 3pm.. 5pm... changes everyday. But hubby has been trying to stay and put in some time so they let him do stuff and he learns more. Its been paying off they seem to really be letting him do more and what not, but its been hard on me since I cant plan dinner since I never know when he's going to be home. We got a cosleeper for our bedroom, we originally werent going to do get anything and just put baby in his crib from day one but then i started thinking I dont want to really be getting out of bed that much and I'd like to just be able to grab him in the middle of the night and nurse versus having to get up go to his room, get him, go to the couch or chair and nurse... But we have a problem.. our 16lb cat is obsessed with the cosleeper. As soon as it came out of the box, he thought we bought it for him. He thinks everything for the baby is for him. I hope that changes soon haha or he is in for a really rude awaking in a month and a half!!! We had our repeat 3d/4d since the first one baby didnt want to move and well he didnt want to move again and they were nice enough to let us go walk around for 30 mins and eat something and when we went back he as moving so we got a few decent shots. I dont think their machine is as nice as others though because the pictures werent nearly as clear as some of my other ones.. He looks like he has chunky cheeks though :) We have a growth ultrasound that we need to get done soon, just waiting on stupid insurance still.. so annoying.

I failed my 1 hr GTT by 9 points.. so I had to take the 3 hr on Monday, that sucked haha I was so sure I would have passed it, Im blaming it on my PCOS though haha I still have this stupid side pain, its excruciating, it sucks.. nothing I can do about it, I think baby is just kicking my liver or something, dr didnt really seem too concerned about it. Heartburn has gotten worse, nothing seems to help. If it wasnt for the side pain, I'd love being pregnant and I do but this side pain is horrible!

We took our 3 hr infant care and safety class, didnt really learn much that we didnt think was already common knowledge except hubby finally believed me when I told him we had to find a pediatrician before baby came.. So we need to do that next week. We have maternity photos scheduled for Oct 22, so Im looking forward to that, it was hard to find a photog up here who didnt charge an arm and a leg though. I guess because we are right outside of NYC they can charge so much. It was $200-300 for the session and minimum $1200 for the CD of 10-20 pictures... I about died lol.. no way are we paying that much, its just ridiculous if you ask me. I finally found someone who charges $300 for 2 hrs at a location of your choice and gives you the images on the cd as well. Our newborn photographer backed out too... We had someone flying up to do them for free (MILs bff) and she decided last week she wasnt coming, so it was a mess..

Alright well I will be back and respond to everyone tonight. I kicked hubby out of the bedroom and am making him sleep on the couch since he is sick and I do NOT want to be sick.. I have 5 weeks left.. not going to come down with a cold now haha

Okay so I posted a pic of my sweet kitty Enzo in the cosleeper, me at 33w5 (im currently 34w5d) and a pic of baby C at our ultrasound :)

Off to our hospital tour!! ;-)

enzocosleeper.jpg

33w5d.jpg

_1274.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hi, quick drop by post. We are planning to induce on Saturday because baby boy is estimated to be about 8.5-9 lbs right now, and my doctor is concerned about letting him go any further beyond his due date (which is tomorrow) if we want to try to avoid a c-section. She thinks I'll respond favorably to the inducement, but she is going to watch carefully to make sure things progress normally and quickly. I'm a little leary of the intervention, but after talking everything through with the ob and a perinatologist, I think this is the best compromise. Wish me luck!

Here's a snapshot of baby boy. So fun to see him one more time before we meet him!

3d_baby.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results