shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I just did my 1 hour glucose test. The stuff wasn't as bad as I was expecting. But drinking 50g of sugar on an empty stomach? Not fun. I'm so going to crash right now. It also gave me wicked heartburn...I'm REALLY hoping I pass so I can avoid the 3 hour test.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Oh MP, I'm so sorry about your coworker. I had a friend recently have a miscarriage (around 9 weeks) after having a normal ultrasound and checkup. Since I'm months ahead of her I felt terrible for a while talking about the pregnancy as my body alone is a constant reminder to her. However, I've stopped being so worried. She asks how I'm doing, how the baby is, etc so I tell her. She knows I'm not taking it for granted and that I am here anytime she wants to talk. No matter what it's a difficult situation. I'd just be there for her and act the same as normal. I feel like it would be worse knowing people were walking on eggshells around me. I like AMC's idea of a card. It puts it out there that you care and don't want to hurt her feelings.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Gah, it's so hard to catch up on the iPad... Sorry to anyone I miss!

MP - I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker. I really think a card would be best and just let her guide your interactions when you see her again. :(sad

PP - Yes, we were both preemies. I was born at 32 weeks and O was born at 31 weeks. You were 4 pounds at term? That's crazy!

Missy - okay you do look like you're carrying lower in those pictures, maybe it was just the dress that made it look high! Glad to hear the AFI went well.

amc - good luck with the one hour!

Muff - we have both the grass and the lawn drying racks. Love them! Did you see that they just came out with stems and twigs? I'm going to get one of the stems for the membranes on my pump, they were always falling down into the grass!!

http://www.amazon.com/Boon-Grass-Drying-Accessory-Orange/dp/B005PRQC3C/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1336772205&sr=1-1

AFM - I had protein in my urine again so I have to do a 24 hour collection this weekend. I told my OB that these babies are trying to throw everything they can at me! Little stinkers. My glucose numbers have been good, although I miss sweets an awful lot :naughty: This weekend will be 31 weeks which is when O was born, so it's quite the milestone in our house :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1336772609|3193366 said:
AFM - I had protein in my urine again so I have to do a 24 hour collection this weekend. I told my OB that these babies are trying to throw everything they can at me! Little stinkers. My glucose numbers have been good, although I miss sweets an awful lot :naughty: This weekend will be 31 weeks which is when O was born, so it's quite the milestone in our house :appl:

Yay, that is wonderful news! I have been thinking of you and so glad to hear you are at 31 weeks!!! Sending dust/thoughts/prayers you go many weeks more of baking!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - Ahhh the lovely 24 hour urine collection. Is this your first time having to do one? I have yet to have protein in my urine, but they keep making me re-do the collection because of my high blood pressure and my results have come back fine. I've done it 3 times. I'm starting to become a pro at it!

MP - I agree with the card thing too like everyone else. I think her just knowing you're there to talk to will make her feel better.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Happy weekend ladies!!! I just wanted to share this pic of the little one that I took myself at the office on Thursday. Pretty good pic for someone ultrasounding herself, eh??? LOL (And I dont know why it doesn't upload right side up...grrr- sorry)

2012-05-10 17.03.58.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww such a cute baby Dani; I am so excited for you!!!

Hugs and Happy Mother's day lady's!!! :appl:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite- Yay for being at 31 weeks!! That's great. I am pretty sure I was premature. I'm not sure by how much though, but I must have if my little one is already 4.4 lbs at 33 weeks.

Dani- What a cute pic! I'm jealous you can take them yourself. That must be a fabulous perk right now.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Dani, cute! I hope you were careful to stay away from the baby's nether regions :) Oh boy that would be a dangerous thing if I had access to an ultrasound machine!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rachel, I saw the cutest gender reveal idea on Pinterest. The couple got a box (a big one - about waist high) and filled it with balloons. They decorated the outside of the box with pink and blue polka dots and a sign that said "Boy or Girl". In their case, it was a girl so a bunch of pink helium filled balloons came floating out when they opened the box. So cute!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Happy (early) Mother's Day ladies!!!!

Thanks for all the compliments on my pic. I have to say, that's a pretty good one. But we are giving it to DH's parents today when we tell them about the pregnancy. Its ok, I have my anatomy scan on Wednesday, so I'm sure there will be plenty more pics to come.

Puppmom- That is such a cute idea!! I love it!! Now you have my wheels turning...Hmmmmmmm

Have a great day everyone!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Mother's Day ladies!!!! I know some people don't think it counts yet, but we still have babies on the inside and that should count for something! It's a beautiful day outside here, hope everyone enjoys the day!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday! The only thing I like about Mondays is it marks my end of a baby week...today is my last day at 26 weeks, officially 3rd trimester tomorrow!

We got the 3D ultrasound over the weekend. Baby boy is in the frank breach position...which basically means he's heads up, faced out, with his legs bent at the waist coming straight over his head...basically the pike position. Because of this, his legs, arms, and cord were in front of his face so we couldn't get too many good shots. We get to go back in 2 weeks to try again. One of the first comments from the tech was "wow, he has really long legs..." followed by "I wouldn't buy too many newborn sized clothes if I were you." Ha.

He is really starting to move around in there...what I expect are position changes. He did it twice last night, where it seriously felt like he was going to come through my stomach or something. I actually yelled out "OW" while he was doing it.

Have you guys seen the SSA baby name list? Just released today for 2011. Our name is still pretty low (although it is now in the top 500)...but it is really high on the list of names that increased a lot in popularity.

Here are some of the pics. A decent face shot, and a 2D pic to show what position he's in. Oh, and because of his position, we got to see his goods through his legs. The tech assured us there would be no delivery room surprises!

Face 3.JPG

Body 2d.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
AMC he has such a cute little face! Happy 3rd tri to you!

Bumpy has started moving! Happy Mother's Day to me! On Friday I swore I felt a little thump, then that night it was full on rolls, like when your stomach flops on a roller coaster. So fun! :love:

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday! Most of my family and inlaws said that 'oh next year will be your first one!' No, this year is my first, folks! I may not have a child in my arms, but I still have to take care of this beast inside of me! :rolleyes: :twirl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
sunnyd|1337019138|3194990 said:
AMC he has such a cute little face! Happy 3rd tri to you!

Bumpy has started moving! Happy Mother's Day to me! On Friday I swore I felt a little thump, then that night it was full on rolls, like when your stomach flops on a roller coaster. So fun! :love:

Isn't it the best???

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Amc, that is the cutest little 3d shot. What a handsome little guy! And the way you described his position sounds so uncomfortable! I guess that's what happens when space becomes limited :)

Sunnyd, I'm jealous! I was trying to will my baby to let me feel a little movement yesterday, but he/she refused. It will happen soon enough I'm sure. I got several Mother's Day cards from friends and family this weekend, which is super sweet, but I'm still thinking of next year as my first official Mother's Day.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
AMC, I think I might have figured out your baby's name based on a couple of things you've said in the past and today. If I'm right, I think it's a great name, and it's one I was hoping to use until one of my cousins used it (but for a little girl).

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess said:
AMC, I think I might have figured out your baby's name based on a couple of things you've said in the past and today. If I'm right, I think it's a great name, and it's one I was hoping to use until one of my cousins used it (but for a little girl).

Now I'm trying to remember what I've said! I'm not sure if you have guessed it, just because it would be a pretty masculine name for a girl. I guess you'll find out in another 13 weeks! :)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... You gave a clue awhile back about a nickname you gave the baby, so when I saw the change in popularity chart on the SSA site, I thought I had it figured out. I'll just be quiet and wait to find out in a few months :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1337029122|3195093 said:
Hmm... You gave a clue awhile back about a nickname you gave the baby, so when I saw the change in popularity chart on the SSA site, I thought I had it figured out. I'll just be quiet and wait to find out in a few months :)

Ha, then you probably got it! Just seems like an odd name for a girl, but to each their own!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Totally forgot to pose this question. I know they recommend that anyone who will be in contact with a newborn be current on their whooping cough (TDap) vaccine. I know tetanus needs a booster every 10 years. Is that good enough for the whooping cough portion as well? DH and I got ours before I got pregnant, and I thought I'd throw it out there to the grandparents as well...but I don't know what the threshold is on that one.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! Happy belated Mother's Day! Hope everyone took some time for themselves and relaxed a bit.

MP, yes, I was in Guantanamo for the arraignment of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and his co-accused. Definitely an interesting experience. But I am very glad to be home! That is very sad news about the paralegal in your office. Have you spoken to her about it?? Did you end up writing her a card?

Dani, I too have had crazy nightmares and dreams. I have an irrational fear of worms and I had a dream last night that the lotion DH uses on my belly had worms in the bottle! Gross!!! Baby looks great in that pic -- too adorable!

Kunzite, congrats on making it to 31 weeks, and with twins at that! How are you feeling these days??? With twins, can you tell which one is moving? Is it like a party in your belly when they both move at the same time??

amc, that's a riot of a pic with the baby's leg above his head! (That is the leg, right??) And what a cute face! I haven't had an u/s in awhile and makes me jealous! Do you or your DH have long legs?? Not sure about the whooping cough/tetanus shot...but I have heard that the whooping cough one is important.

Missy, how are you doing lady??

AFM, 27 weeks today and finally a break. Ahhh! My trip is over, my mom is moved, we are moved in with friends and now it's just the renovation to worry about. So thankfully we are over the hump and just kind of day by day now. Baby is moving loads and has also been having hiccups, which is just the cutest thing ever! I've also been getting heartburn pretty much every day and in the middle of the night which isn't the cutest thing ever. I hate hate it! Grrr. I have an appt Wednesday morning and my 1 hour glucose. I'm hoping all goes well. I'm also eager to hear about weight gain. I've mostly been all belly but now I feel like my legs, butt, hips are starting to spread out a little. DH is great at reminding me that I look great, but sometimes I feel like I'll never look like me again!

Nameberry posted the top 1000 names for 2011. We pasted it into a word doc and are crossing out the ones we don't like. We are reallllly having a hard time -- anyone else feel this way???

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, hello, hello! Only 9 days until my posting is up to par :wink2:
Dani: What a sweet ultrasound shot! Welcome, welcome... glad to have you!

Meg: Happy mama's day to you, too. What an interesting trip you were on. I'm really interested in Guantanamo, but fully understand how you're relieved to be home. What renos are you guys up to on the new house? Will you share some before and afters? I love checking out people's renovations!

Sunny: Movement?! Awesome!! It's so, so cool... and honestly, it never, ever gets old. I hope you enjoy this new phase of bonding with your sweet babe. How many days now until your sex-revealing u/s?

Rachel: I love Pupp's idea of the balloons in a box :love: :love: I'm so excited for you to share the news! Can we take a poll to hold us over until then?!

AMC: What a sweet son you have- his profile is darling! Are you nervous at all about the breech position? I know that there's plenty of time for him to move around yet, but if you're curious, the Spinning Babies website (Monnie posted links earlier) is a great resource. Did your OB mention anything to you about optimal fetal positioning?

Missy: :wavey: :wavey: Hanging in there? How are those pee tests comin' along? :) I know you're tired of them, but I still hope you're using this time at home to rest, rest, rest and take care of yourself and your little baby. Gosh- I just remembered that we don't know your LOs sex, and yet I feel 110% convinced it's a boy. I'll be so shocked if you have a little daughter! You're so close to term now, right?

Monarch: You still here? I know FTMs often are overdue, but I'm just waaaaiting to hear that your sweet daughter has arrived. How are you feeling, mama?

I know I've missed some people... PP, Muff, Choro... Hope you're all well and wonderful. Hugs to you!

AFM: 9 school days until summer, but who's counting? ;)) I'll be 31 weeks on Thursday, which feels so, so close and yet insanely far away from my due date. I don't know if I posted this before, but Eloise is in a complete breech position. My flipping efforts, like doing handstands in a YMCA pool, aren't working :rodent: DH wants me to buy some moxa sticks so we can do a moxabustion "ritual" during his family's beach vacation during week 34. I'm hesitant, because none of his family members are practitioners of Chinese medicine... not sure I wanna risk it.

I need help nixing my caffeine addiction- approx 1 cup of coffee a day. Any suggestions, ladies? I really want to be off it for a good month pre labor and delivery.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
AMC- what a cute ultrasound! I'm now wondering if our LO is capable of those moves. Do you feel the feet kicking you? Sometimes I feel her knees or feet pushing out and I worry she's changed positions, but maybe she is just flexible like in your pic?!

Sunnyd- I'm glad you got to feel the movement on mothers day! What a special memory!

Meg- glad you're all moved. Sorry if I missed this, but how long will you be staying with friends? We are currently living with the in laws (at my suggestion) until our move in August ( our stuff is shipped out next month). It's a LOT more difficult than I thought, so I'm curious how it would be with friends. Also, we did have a difficult time with names. We went through both the US names book and French and only found one name that we both liked and that's stuck. For us, DH was pickier. I already had ideas in my head, so I had him read through the book at night saying them out loud. The name we chose wasn't on my list or even a name I would have ever considered! You'll find it!

PPM- glad school is almost out for the summer and you can relax a bit. I read at 34 weeks baby starts turning towards bottom, so maybe it won't even be an issue for you.

AFM- 34 weeks today! 3 more weeks until full term! I am so excited and want to pack my bags now. I have no idea what to pack for the hospital. I'm really uncertain what to wear. I will be there for a minimum of 4 days (normal here), so I feel like my list should be huge. I have very little for us, so I need to get started! I keep trying to wait until June, but maybe it's best to be prepared before? Does anyone have a good list they are using?

The past week I have been feeling like my skin is being rubbed just underneath my ribs, under the skin. LO is there sometimes, but not always. It's a really odd feeling. Could it be my uterus? It's just the right side.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm still hanging in over here!

AMC - Love that u/s picture!!! It's so fun getting to take little peeks at them. I get them weekly now, but it's so cramped in there, it's hard to really see the good stuff!

Sunnyd - Yay for movement! Although I must say yesterday's movement for me HURT! I felt like I was being beat up on the inside again, BUT I'm so glad I can still feel it anyway, it keeps me from worrying!

Meg - We're having trouble with names too! I think we're pretty set on two girl names, now we just need the boy names!

PPM - Wow school is almost out! How exciting for you! That moxa thing sounds intimidating. What exactly do they do?? Hopefully baby will move into the correct position and you won't have to worry about it! I only had to do the urine collection once the other week, they haven't made them weekly. I hope that doesn't get added to my weekly list too! haha. That's funny, most people say boy for us too! I guess we really need to work on our boy names then. Why are they giving us trouble!

Kunzite - How'd your urine collection go? Did you get your results yet?

AFM, still hanging out over here. Yesterday I felt kinda blah...tired, heavy, like my belly was sticking out a mile...you know all the fun stuff! It was a rainy and dreary day, I think that's why. Still relaxing on the couch most of the day. Last night I was up every hour to pee! I think the baby is dropping, because I feel like something is lying on my cervix when I get up sometimes. I guess that's why they call it "lightning crouch" because it does feel like sharp quick pains that seem to come out of no where! Haha. Oh and when I'm sitting now, I feel like I'm squishing his/her little head in there because my belly sits right on my thighs :o That's it for now, I'll have updates Thursday after my AFI ultrasound/OB appt/NST scan.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm officially in the 3rd trimester!! I told DH that this morning and his response was "wow, it's gone really fast!" Ummmm glad to know pregnancy hasn't been to rough on him...

megumic|1337042123|3195281 said:
amc, that's a riot of a pic with the baby's leg above his head! (That is the leg, right??) And what a cute face! I haven't had an u/s in awhile and makes me jealous! Do you or your DH have long legs??

Yep, those are the legs! My DH does have long legs...he's 6'7", so everything on him is long! I'm 5'7" and have pretty long legs as well. So yeah, this kid is sort of destined to have them as well.

PetitePoire said:
what a cute ultrasound! I'm now wondering if our LO is capable of those moves. Do you feel the feet kicking you? Sometimes I feel her knees or feet pushing out and I worry she's changed positions, but maybe she is just flexible like in your pic?!

I feel tons of kicking...but not where I should, based on his position. Most of the kicks I feel are near the belly button....so who knows.

PilsnPinkysMom said:
What a sweet son you have- his profile is darling! Are you nervous at all about the breech position? I know that there's plenty of time for him to move around yet, but if you're curious, the Spinning Babies website (Monnie posted links earlier) is a great resource. Did your OB mention anything to you about optimal fetal positioning?

Not nervous, yet...still tons of time. I actually think he changed positions later that night...but really I have no idea! I haven't talked to my OB about it yet but will at my appointment next week. I'm sure she'll say that it's too worry to be concerned.

Missy0483 said:
AMC - Love that u/s picture!!! It's so fun getting to take little peeks at them. I get them weekly now, but it's so cramped in there, it's hard to really see the good stuff!

Weekly, how fun!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
AMC - omg your hubby is tall! 6'7"? That is crazy town. My hubby isn't that tall and (secretly) I wish he were taller for sure :) Your kid is mighty lucky as he is bound to have long legs too!

Missy - I hear ya on feeling blah these days. What is an AFI ultrasound?

Petitpoire: I don't' think there is anything wrong with packing now. You never know if you will go early and having the bag packed will make your husband probably feel a lot more confident, as it will be him who is rushing around last minute if you go into labour early! I have a list from my hospital (we don't stay that long) but it is a start:

- health card/insurance card
- favourite pillow with colourful pillow case and/or breastfeeding pillow
- labour support items such as massage oil, massage tools, hot/cold packs, music/ipod, photo for a focal point etc
- fan (hand held or small battery operated)
- easy to digest snacks, popsicles,d rinks and/or electrolyte replacement drinks (can be made into ice cubes)
- copy of your birth plan/wish list
0 comfortable clothing for hospital stay - night gowns or pyjamas, bathrobe, slippers,socks
- loose fitting clothes to go home in
- nursing bra and breast pads
- underwear - 4 or 5 maternity
- sanitary napkins - 20 maxi overnight
- toiletries
- hairbrush/comb/elastic/clips for long hair
- glasses/contact stuff if necessary
- pens/pencils/notepaper
- change for phone and vending machines
- credit card
- list of phone numbers of family/friends
- snacks for your partner
- camera, batteries, film, memory card
- change of clothes for partner
- books, etc to keep your partner entertained while you do all the work ;-)
- stuff for baby (diapers, wipes, Vaseline, nail clippers, hat, sleepers, onesies, clothes for going home, car seat, receiving blankets)

Clearly, we don't get a lot of 'freebies' here in Canada (i.e. we only get 1 pair of maternity underwear given to us - you need to supply the rest, etc) so you might have to modify the list to suit your location/needs.

AFM - 34w4 days today. Had my OB appointment this morn and everything is fine. I'm still packing on the pounds (4lbs in the past 2 weeks) but the doctor was not concerned. I am, of course. Not sure why I'm getting so heavy. Could be water retention (my feet and hands are huge) or maybe the 10 lbs in my boobs haha. I'm trying to keep my cool but I'm really starting to dread each appointment because of the weigh in.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PPMom, this is the mattress that is light weight http://moonlightslumber.com/mattresses.html
I have this one and it works and is light weight from BRU http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3900082 and it is 9 lbs
I also have this one and it is better constructed and it weighs 12 or 13 lbs Simmons http://www.albeebaby.com/simmons-kids-slumber-time-252-coil-count-mattress.html

if I had to do over I would buy this one, but we only have these mattresses for a short time (2-3 yrs) so not worth sinking a lot of money on them for me since I have twins http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11305326 Baby's R us has a good selection to check out. I would try to go for lightweight if you can.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to ask- have any of you had pubic bone pain? I started getting it about a week ago. It's an inch or so left of center. Totally fine when I'm sitting, but hurts when I stand. It feels almost like a bruised bone or something.

MuffDog said:
AMC - omg your hubby is tall! 6'7"? That is crazy town. My hubby isn't that tall and (secretly) I wish he were taller for sure :) Your kid is mighty lucky as he is bound to have long legs too!

Yeah this kid is going to be a big boy. That's why I'm not really surprised when told I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead! Oh, and this is interesting...everyone asks me how big DH was when he was born. Well, he was totally normal- 7lbs4oz and 18 inches long. But his mom informed me this weekend that he was a month early. :o

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc, sounds like you're destined to have a big baby :) Yikes. DH and I are both very average-sized - he's 6' and I'm 5'6", so I'm hoping we get an average sized baby (or smaller). As far as your whooping cough question yesterday, I talked to my doctor about this. I had the TDAP booster about a year and a half ago, and she said that was sufficient, and DH just got his last month. Apparently, there is not an exact schedule for how often adults need a booster, but it is not that often. A lot of adults have not been vaccinated because they did not regularly do so until recently. I'm worried about my MIL because she is older and is ALWAYS sick with something. I think she must have a terrible immune system. Anyway, she lives in town, and I would really like her to have the whooping cough vaccine, but she is very anti flu shots, etc., so I don't think she will. I'm just going to have to be extra vigilant about having DH tell her she needs to stay away from the baby when she's at all sick.

Muff, you're getting close to the end, so I wouldn't sweat the weight gain too much. I'm sure you're right that a lot of it is just water retention and baby fattening up and your body preparing to feed him. I already hate weighing myself. It's just so shocking to see the number slowly creeping up and knowing it has a lot farther to go.

Missy, yay for weekly ultrasounds. Glad to hear things are going okay for you, although I'm sure it gets blah just sitting around at home without a baby to take care of yet. Hopefully the sun will come out and help improve your mood a bit. I hate dreary weather too.

PP, you're getting close too. Hearing about everyone's aches and pains makes me realize that the minor things I'm dealing with now are a piece of cake. I'm going to be such a whiner in the later stages.

PPM, report back if you try to the moxa sticks. Hoping there is still time for your little one to flip for you. Congrats on almost being done with the school year. That must feel good! I was just thinking the other day about how I would love to have a summer break again. Hopefully you'll be able to get a lot done before the baby arrives.

Meg, wow, that must have been quite an experience. I think I'd be terrified to be anywhere near any of that. It gives me the creeps just thinking about it. Glad you made it back safely and are settling in.

AFM, a few of you have asked about the paralegal at my firm. Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that she will be out for 2 months because she had a medical procedure (I assume it had something to do with delivering the baby) and there was a "significant complication." I have not yet heard what that was, but apparently it was pretty bad if she has to be out that long. A few of us on our floor got together and sent her a card and gathered some money to get her flowers, and a friend of hers chose a gift certificate for her with the extra funds. It's just so hard to know what to do in these situations, and I feel so much sadness for her. Life can be so unfair sometimes.

Nothing new with me. I've developed quite the little bump now, and I'm still in that in between stage where I'm not ready to wear full-on maternity tops or fitted shirts that will emphasize the belly, so I'm wearing baggy flowly things that frankly make me look a little chubby. I need a pregnancy stylist! That, or I need to get brave and just embrace the bump rather than hiding it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results