color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1336067044|3186715 said:
monarch64|1335814421|3184172 said:
Oh, wanted to share this belly mapping thing I found last night--how you can tell what position baby is in!

http://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

I forgot to comment on this- thanks for sharing this link! It's really neat. Have you tried it?

I haven't drawn it out or anything, but I am 75% sure I can tell that her head is down, her butt is usually in my right ribs and her arms and feet are on my left side. She turns when I lay on my back at night but for the most part she hangs out with her body in my right side, I THINK. I think that would explain the pain I had in my mid back on the right side starting a few weeks ago and lasting about 8 days...it was like I had pulled a muscle but it only hurt at certain times.

I'll try drawing it out and posting if I have time or get bored soon!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Muff- You look GREAT. Seriously awesome, esp for almost 33 weeks.

MissRach- You barely look preggo!!! And love how you put it- that your body is "not cooperating". EXACTLY.

Missy- They are probably concerned your fluids either are or will get too low. Last pregnancy I got put on modified bed rest b/c my fluid was too low. It went back up (lots of rest, drink tons of water). But at 41 weeks, it dropped below the "safe" point, so I got induced. If your fluid gets too low, there's not enough nutrients and it becomes unsafe for baby. At least that's my guess!!! Stress and all of that can affect your fluids, from what I remember. Hopefully the modified rest plus no work will do the trick for you.

And to answer your question, I am not really effaced, only "fingertip" dilated. I am already 2 appts into the lovely internal exams. :knockout: But all else looks good- Strep negative, no protein in urine, BP great, head down. So it's just wait and see at this point. If I had to guess I think she won't be early, but I will go into labor on my own this time. I hope. I'm a little nervous about going into labor in the middle of the night.

I'm having serious cramping though, which I didn't have last time. It's not contractions and my OB said it's good, just preparing for labor. Between those and her alien attempts to crawl out of my belly through my skin, it's pretty uncomfortable. It's weird, O kicked a lot, but this is way more intense and it HURTS. It's like she's not kicking, but literally trying to push her way out. My DH was freaked last night when I showed him. :bigsmile:

I am laughing at how much people love a pregnant woman. People see me coming and stare directly at my stomach and then grin widely at me. Hold doors open, pick things off the floor for me, say lovely (untrue) things about how I'm glowing. Reminds me of some quote by Amy Poehler about how people love a pregnant woman: it makes them happy, but after you have the baby they have no interest in you and just hope you don't sit next to them on the plane. :cheeky:

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies!

Missrachel, glad you're settling in! Your bump is so cute! My SIL always comments on how hard mine is. It's like, well yes, it's not just a lump of fat! I hope it's hard! :wink2:

Muff, you look adorbs! Triplets, really dude? "No, are you?" :rolleyes: I need some canned responses to stupid questions, I feel like they're coming soon!

Missy, good luck with the insurance stuff, oy. Not looking forward to that!

China, woohoo full term!

AMC, I have a feeling our cats will take over the baby stuff before it gets here, so that's a good tip, thanks!

AFM, 16 weeks today. We made our anatomy scan appointment yesterday! 26 days and 4 hours, but who's counting? :cheeky: It'll be great because my extended family will be in town for my sister's wedding the weekend after and we can share with all of them! Babycenter says Bumby can hear now, so I guess I should get my trucker mouth under control. Hehehe. Here's a between bump day and BPF pic.

sunnyd15w6d.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
SunnyD - LOL on the trucker mouth! My coworkers are constantly telling me to watch it "because the baby can hear you now!" usually I'm swearing at work when a customer is being a dingbat so hopefully they jsut want me to stay calm : )

I distinctly remember hearing my mother swear as a child, but only in the car! I think I can keep it clean, but traffic is a no rules area!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
All you ladies look GORGEOUS! Seriously! You've got killer figures and these perfect bumps. Nobody looks huge, despite feeling that way. You look perfect- really! Sometimes these bumps do develop overnight. It's crazy how that happens.

Missy- Keep on embracing bed rest. These few weeks will fly by, so the rest is good.

China- WOW! How are you term already?! My midwives say that second babies usually come sooner and faster than firsts... just sayin ;))

Megumic- Beco for $80!? What a steal! What other carrier are you registering for? Something similar or something that's more sling or Moby-like? I still don't know if I want anything other than our Ergo, but feel like a stretchy, soft carrier would be nice.

Muff- Sorry you're feeling uncomfortable ::) I hope babe is just going through a growth spurt and that you'll start to feel better soon.

Sunny- Do you guys have any guesses about Bumpy's (haha!) sex? They say mother's intuition is more accurate than randomly drawing baby's sex out of a hat!

AFM- Had my first birthing class last night, and learned that most FTMs go into labor at 41 weeks 3 days. There goes my plan for going into labor at 37 weeks, exactly :rolleyes: This abdominal pain is getting worse, and the midwives are brushing it off as the tearing/stretching of connective tissue... but I'm reaching the point where, when I have an 'attack', I can't cope with the pain. I just freeze and cry. Soooo... I called my old OB and am going in tomorrow morning, just for a second opinion or new suggestions for pain management besides ice, arnica, and extra belly support. At the end of the day today I was in a world of hurt, and one thing that makes me feel a bit better is a modified cat-cow yoga pose. I made all of my 9th graders do it with me! Some of the guys were 'too cool' to try it out, but the majority of the kids loved it and requested we start each class with some yoga :lol: I would, except I spied a few hormonal 15 year old boys at the back of the room enjoying the view of all the cat-cowing ladies in front of them :rolleyes: Teenagers!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

PPM I hope you get some answers and some relief re your abdominal pain soon, that sounds miserable! Keep doing those cat stretches if you find they are helping!

sunnyd you look great! Yay for booking the anatomy scan! 8)

China it really sounds like you are inching your way towards labour, that is great! I hope you go on your own as you are hoping for.

amc I've heard that one before about the tin foil. I also heard cats hate anything citrus scented, so a citrus scented air freshener or scented candle in that room can help as well. You are planning way ahead, I am so impressed! Your 25 week bump photo is very cute, I love your red top 8)

muff you look incredible, seriously, not massive at all. I am that size in the evenings and I am only 20 weeks :shock: That guy on the bike was just looking for attention, he clearly left his brain and his manners somewhere in the road behind him :nono: Glad to hear baby is moving lots again, and that all is going well. Hang in there!!!

missrachel I am constantly amazed by how hard my bump is too! And as for the gymnastics required to put on knickers/socks/pants, oh yeah, I am right there with you ;)) You look fantastic in both your photos!

missy good for you embracing the bed rest, that is exactly as you should be!!! You need to undo all that stress you've been under! Take care of yourself. Hope the blood pressure and fluid checks all go well from here on out.

monarch that is such a sweet story about that moment between you and your DH :love:

monkey I feel like I really popped this past week and I think you're only a couple of weeks behind me so maybe you'll have a cute little bump to share with us really soon! :bigsmile: I have caught DH's eyes popping out a couple of times too - sometimes he says 'wow babe, you really look pregnant!'. Well duh, genius, that's cos I am pregnant!!! :rolleyes: ;))

mayerling you look amazing. You are all bump. I wish I had your skinny arms and legs! That is so cute about the hiccuping :love:

megumic that was a great steal on the baby carrier! You are right to put yourself first from here on out - you are doing very important work and you need to take care of yourself 8)

kunzite really glad to hear your boys are doing well and still baking away happily!

===

AFM it's been a crazy week for me, ended up driving all over the country for work and have hardly had a moment to draw breath. It has flown by and I am so glad to be looking at the weekend at last :bigsmile: It's a long weekend here too so we are going to go and visit DH's family (they live five hours away so long weekends are the ideal time to go and see them). While we're travelling there we're going to call in to see some friends of ours who had a new baby three weeks ago, can't wait to meet the new arrival!

Not much going on pregnancy-wise. I feel like I really popped this week and now have a proper little bump. I went out and bought some maternity dresses for work and some maternity tights and the relief is incredible, they are so comfy :praise:

Will try and attach a bump pic, hope this doesn't come out enormous. This is 20 weeks + 4 days. Excuse the state of me, I was wearing non-maternity yoga pants and t-shirt, last week's shot I was in maternity jeans and I think it was a much more flattering shot ::)

securedownload.jpeg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Buttons, looking good and not very big at all for 20 weeks. Depending on what I wear, I think it is starting to get noticeable now. Maternity clothes definitely make me look more pregnant, instead of just chubby :) Have a good trip and a fun long weekend!

PPM, maybe you'll be lucky and go early. You just never know. It's easy to say this now while I'm still feeling good and comfortable, but I'm really hoping our Bumby stays put until his/her due date because I get 12 weeks of maternity leave, and I would love to not have to go back until after the New Year instead of going back before Christmas! But when I'm 37 weeks, I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune!

Sunnyd, do you call your baby Bumby too? :D That's DH and my nickname for our little one. Too funny. I'm jealous because I don't get my anatomy scan until 4 weeks from today, and I'm a week ahead of you. Boo. I'm so anxious to know whether it's a boy or girl. Today at my appt., my OB discounted our tech's prediction and said she thinks it's still 50/50.

China, ha! That's so true about pregnant ladies vs. moms/newborns. I still hold doors for all of them and give up my seat, etc., but I must say I still get a little annoyed when a crying baby sits by me on a plane or in a restaurant. Guess that better change pretty soon! Not long until you meet your baby girl!

amc, if you try the tinfoil thing, please report back. My boys are so darn tenacious that I have a feeling they just keep trying once they realize there's no tinfoil anymore. My MIL is al paranoid that we're going to have cats around the baby. Seriously, she thinks they're going to be on a mission to smother the baby :roll:

Muff, you look adorable. I can't believe that idiot actually said that to you! I'm jealous because I'm pretty sure I'll be as big as you in just a few weeks!

Rachel, looking good! I'm surprised by hard my belly is too and so was DH. It's just so weird! I also think it's weird how it just stays up, instead of flattening, when I lay down now. Hope you are getting all settled in to the new house.

Missy, hope you are taking it easy. Have you noticed any drop in your blood pressure since you've been off work? My job causes me daily anxiety too, so I know the feeling. Fortunately for me, my blood pressure is pretty darn good so far, and I hope it stays that way. Hoping you can keep that little boy or girl baking away awhile longer.

Choro, I'm sure you look great! My husband is super supportive and tries to make me feel good about myself, but I can tell he's a little weirded out by the changes in my body. I don't blame him because I am too! And I have a long way to go!

AFM, 17 weeks today and no complaints. I had an appt. this morning, and we scheduled our scan for June 1st. I'm a little bummed I have to wait that long to find out if Bumby is really a boy, but I guess it will be fun to have a little more anticipation. I really don't care as long as everything looks good at the next scan. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Booo, I failed my 3 hour glucose. I'm so bummed ;( I won't be able to meet with the dietician until next week so now I'm going to be worried about what I eat between now and then. At least I'm nearly 30 weeks so it won't be for long.

Missy - How are you holding up fellow bed rest preggo?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, sorry to hear that. :( Just one more thing to worry about, huh? Is GD more common in twin pregnancies? I would think it would have to be just because of all the extra strain on your body and added weight gain. Hoping you can make some reasonable deitary modifications and keep those boys growing nicely awhile longer.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MP! Yes, GD is twice as likely in a multiples pregnancy so really I shouldn't be too surprised. She didn't give me my numbers though so I'm curious how close I was. I didn't fail my one hour too badly so hopefully it's easy to manage.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite - boo for failed glucose! At least it's common and you were close to passing, so a food mod or two shouldn't be too hard to manage, yeah? Good luck at the dietician!

MP - I must have taken Bumby from you! I think I said Bumpy, but we haven't really called 'it' anything else besides it or the baby. LOL! That sucks you have to wait so long for your scan! Your doc must be as busy as mine!

Buttons - welcome back! I was wondering where you'd gone yesterday. I totally LOL-ed at your gymnastics comment. DH always asks me if I'm constipated, with all the groaning and grunting I do trying to get dressed, stand up, sit up, lie down, bend over, etc. :bigsmile: What, I can't help it!! You look great!

PPM - I thought it was a boy until our NT scan a few weeks ago, and everyone started telling me they thought it was a girl! So now I have no intuition either way! Ack. Oh well. 41 weeks?! That seems reallllly late! I hope you don't go that late! Sorry your rib pain is still there... and getting worse. Keep stretching it out, and haha at the teenage boys!

Missrachel - my parents never swore either! I got in trouble for saying something was stupid once when I was little (I believe it was Sesame Street). Ha!

Happy weekends everyone!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh! I had a big update and as I tried to attach a picture it said it was invalid and deleted everything I typed.

Anyway! I'm doing fine so far. My cousin who is a SAHM came to visit me on Friday to drop off a bassinet for the baby. She said she might start dropping by once a week! Blood pressure is good at home. I have an ultrasound, ob appointment, and NST on Wednesday this week. I'm praying that my bp is okay at my appointment, but I guess if it's high I'm already scheduled to go to L&D for the NST anyway so I'd be monitored either way. I just don't want my doctor to think the bedrest isn't helping :(sad I'm assuming my third 24 hour urine collection came back ok, my doctor only calls with concerns so I should be ok there. I haven't had any swelling which is a good thing. They're worried I might develop pre-e so I'm watching for swelling, a big weight gain, or headaches. I was able to go to a wedding that we were invited to this weekend! I called my doctor for permission first and was given the ok as long as I sat as much as possible and no crazy dancing (which I don't do anyway! haha). So it's nice to still be able to get out. I don't know how I'd handle fulltime bedrest.

Kunzite, are you on fulltime bedrest??

Attaching a pic from the wedding!

x0pa1h.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Hope you all had a good weekend. My shower invitations went out on Friday and someone already bought me something off the registry! So fun to be able to see when purchases are made :)

I have an OB appt today. I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow. Very curious to see how I'm measuring. I've also got a decent list of questions for my doc. Including what I can take to help prevent heartburn. It's triggered by nothing...I will get it after a meal as easily as on an empty stomach. Last night I got it in the middle of the night and it was horrible. I can only take so many tums!

FINALLY did some major work to the baby's room. I had taken apart the bed that was in there weeks ago, but we never got around to clearing it out.It required a trip to the dump and the storage shed. We set up the crib and put the bedding on to see how it looks...so cute! I still need to wash it but was anxious to see what it looked like on the crib. Also set up some shelves (the cube type ones, 2x4 cubes, each cube has a canvas basket thing...it's from Costco)...so it's all coming together! One of the cats LOVES the crib, so I'll be putting down tinfoil soon. I'll report back as to how it works. It was funny, we couldn't find the cat anywhere...and he's usually within 5 feet of us at all times. DH said "Oh, I know where he is..." and we went to the baby's room, sure enough, there he was.

crib.JPG

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, glad your BP looks good at home, but sorry about the bedrest. It's nice you can still get out a little though!

Kunzite, booo for failing your GD test, but I hope you can keep things easily controlled with diet and you don't find it too restrictive.

MP, I can't believe you are 17 weeks already! June 1 will be here before you know it.

Buttons your lil' bump is so cute! Hope you had a fun weekend snuggling the new baby!

PPM, hey, some mamas have to go early to balance out those that go later, so maybe your plan will still work! Hope your ab pain is lessening, I have a lot of discomfort up high as well...not so much pain as numbness/stretching but it drives me crazy.

SunnyD, you look great!

ChinaCat, glad you are doing great, your little girl will be here so soon!

amc, interesting idea about the tinfoil. We tried that once to keep one of our cats away from an area she kept peeing on and she just walked right on the tinfoil and peeds, so I might have to look into a backup plan!

Muffdog, I don't see any massiveness. You look fantastic! I feel you on the tired/swollen/uncomfortableness though.

missrachel, love your tiny bump! GL with the anatomy scan!

Monnie, what a sweet moment with your DH. You look fantastic lady!

Choro, hi lady! Ditto Monnie I want to see your adorable bump. Hope you are feeling ok!

mayerling, you look great too!

meg, great find on the Beco!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all feeling well!

AFM, 33w4d today. I'm flat out exhausted, I think I haven't caught back up from traveling a few weeks ago yet. I also have been dealing with a lot of pelvic pain and that's affecting my sleep which doesn't help. I'm terrible at taking it easy on the weekends too, I just want to work away frantically at my to-do list instead! I should be packing up my office at work right now since we are being forced to relocate for a renovation but it just seems like too much work so I'm catching up with you lovely ladies instead. I'll try and get a bump pic at my shower this weekend if not sooner!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc, that darn cat! So cute. And your bedding is darling too. Love it. How fun to get the nursery started. Our future nursery is technically a guest room, but in reality, it is my overflow closet. I need to do some major purging and organizing this summer.

Missy, glad to hear things are going well, and I hope your blood pressure stays down.

Steph, hope you can find some time to take things a little easier in the next few weeks. I'm starting to think I should probably be doing more of the projects around the house that I want to get finished while I'm still able to get around easily and not too exhausted. Hope you have a fun shower!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Just back from my appointment. I'm 25w6d and am measuring 29 weeks. Yeah.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Amc, I was measuring ahead at my last appointment and was told that if I'm still measuring ahead at my next appointment I'd be referred for a growth scan. What did they say to you? Love the nursery bedding!

Steph, I'm sorry to hear about the exhaustion and the pelvic pain.

Missy, I'm glad you go a chance to kick back and have fun at the wedding. I love that pic.

Kunzite, it's a pity about the glucose test, but thankfully you don't have long to go. I think you're just behind me and I'm so glad those twins are still baking away.

MP, yay for 17 weeks! I know how you feel about having to wait to find out about the sex of the baby.

Buttons, that's a very cute bump pic.
Which reminds me, a few pages ago somebody said that I was all bump and I'd like to thank whoever it was. It's nice to feel that I haven't gotten huge.

AFM, we finally got the used baby stuff from our friends. They gave us a stroller which fits both a car seat and a carry cot, the car seat of course, a moses basket, a baby carrier, a bouncer, and a baby bath. They've really saved us hundreds of pounds. Does anyone know how to clean all of this? It's been kept in the garage for the last few months so I'd really like to give it a good clean. I figure I'll vacuum what I can and try to use antiseptic wipes to wipe the surfaces. I hope that's enough.
Anyway, and then DH and I spent until midnight fixing up the baby's room. We're not really buying any baby furniture and are just "reinventing" the furniture we already have to act as nursery furniture - desk to work as changing table, chest of drawers that was downstairs has been moved into the baby's room to work as a dresser, etc. So basically our nursery looks nothing like the lovely nursery pics ladies on PS tend to post but it'll do - especially since the lease on our house is only until July 2013. So we figure we're pretty much set, and the only thing we'll be buying is a crib; but we won't do that until we come back to the UK after having the baby back home and spending the summer there (only one more week to go before we fly!).
The upsetting thing is that while we were rearranging things, I picked up something heavy and immediately felt pain in my belly. And I had pains until this morning. I hardly slept from worry that I might have hurt the baby, torn the placenta, etc. Thankfully there was no bleeding, and I feel better this morning so I'm hoping everything's okay. I can't wait until my midwife appointment tomorrow so I can hear his heartbeat and know he's okay.

How's everyone else doing?

Mayerling, 30w6d

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
32w3.jpg

Sorry so huge! I don't know how to change it! :o :shock:

I am trying to attach a pic from 32 weeks ! I feel huge and people constantly assume I am due very soon. LO is moving constantly and getting stronger. At my appointment last week she was already 4.1 lbs! I was just over 4lbs and DH was about 7.5 lbs. The doctor thinks she will be about 7.5! I really thought I would have a tiny baby, but it’s not looking like it.

Like PPM, I’ve been hoping for a 37 week delivery. Not sure exactly why, but it’s the date I count down to and tell her (baby) that she must wait until then.

Kunzite, my numbers were 147 for my first glucose. My doctor, who didn’t have the lab work, said that that was fine. I know I should trust him, but I just feel since it’s over I should watch my diet. When you talk to your doctor or nutritionist would you mind posting what they say? I’ve read online, but am still not sure exactly how to fix my diet.

I’m getting super uncomfortable. I sleep pretty heavily, when I’m sleeping, but I sleep for short amounts of time. I’ve also been getting the racing heart and dizzy feeling. I don’t know if it’s the sugar or just increase in blood supply, but it’s pretty scary and I worry I will pass out.

I love reading all of your updates and seeing all of the new posters in here!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Petite, I just wanted to chime in on the GD diet changes that worked for me. Your 147 number isn't too terribly high, but it is over the 1-hour limit. When I had to keep a sugar log, I was told it had to be under 140 one hour after meals and 120 two hours after meals. The biggest sugar-spikers for me was carbs. I had to cut out all breads, pastas, rice, etc. Also anything with sugar like desserts, but some fruits are also worse than others. I still ate fruit because I felt they were still healthy to eat, but I tried to limit them to smaller amounts per meal. You can look online for a traditional diabetic diet for suggestions. I found that they usually suggested eating whole grains like whole wheat bread, but I couldn't even handle those. I ended up eating lots of protein instead. Since your doc wasn't too concerned about your number, I'd say just try to stick with a low-carb diet for the next few weeks to see how you feel.

Your bump looks great - totally not huge at all! It actually looks perfectly proportional to me, with some more room to go by the time you're ready to deliver.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Thanks S&I! Pasta, rice, and fruits are a huge part of my diet! No wonder my levels are high. I'll have to do a bit of googling to find protein rich foods. Meats have been a huge turn off for me throughout the pregnancy. I can eat them, but they don't sound good. I've cut desserts, all soda, and anything that I can see that has high sugar levels so far. It's worth it and only two more months, so I'll do what I can to cut more. :/

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just popping in here, as I'm finally moving out of the JBP thread. I'm 17+ wks with our 1st baby (same due date as MP) and I guess its time that I join in. Hope everyone is doing well! I'm loving all of the bump's- so cute!!! I have no bump yet to speak of, just look overall thicker in my midsection:( I struggled a ton with nausea and some vomiting from about wk 6 to wk 15, so now that that has lifted, I'm feeling 200% better!!! Also, the fatigue is so much better, I feel like a normal person again!!! To tell you the truth, I don't even feel pregnant anymore!!! Its very odd. But I guess when you're in this stage of not having any belly yet and not feeling the baby move either that that's the way it is!

So, my current (good) dilemma is MH and I are really debating whether we should find out the gender of the baby next week at our anatomy scan. We thought we were all settled on being Team Green until the end, but now I'm getting impatient!!!:( I hate myself for that! I think I feel this way because I would love to start planning the nursery and narrowing down name choices!!! I also think it would be great to know so we can feel more bonded with the baby instead of just calling it an "it" all the time. It's so hard to decide!!! What I do know is that if we do find out, I don't want to tell my family, because I want it to be a surprise for them at the birth!!! So since we are undecided still, what we are thinking of doing is having the tech write down the sex in an envelope and seal it, and then MH will hold onto it, and if/when we decided we want to find out we can open it. This way it gives us the option. I would love to hear your opinions, especially from Mom's that have done it both ways..... which way was better for you and why? I feel like it will be a surprise no matter what, but I'm still hesitant, ugh! And for those of you that already know, are you disappointed now that you know...do you wish you would've waited? I really feel in my heart that it's a boy, and MH thinks it's a girl, so I'm so curious!!!

We will be telling MH's parents this weekend about the pregnancy, they don't know yet! We don't see them that often, and we really wanted to tell them in person, so we figured this weekend will be good. All my Mom talks about now is the baby. She is SO EXCITED. We went out for ice cream the other day and she proceeded to tell the girl that was working behind the counter that she will be a Grandma in a few months, and then pointed me out as the preggo one. The girl just looked at me and cracked up! OMG. I love my Mom to death, but really?? I know she's just excited, but that's why we didn't tell my parents till I was 14 weeks!!! Everyone will know as soon as she knows!!!!! Just gotta laugh.

Anway, thanks for listening! Hope you're all doing well!!!! :wavey:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Petite - At my 32 week ultrasound, baby was measuring in at 5lbs 8oz and about a week/2 weeks ahead. I'd be ok with delivering at 37 weeks too, as long as the baby is big enough and mature enough to come out!

Dani - Welcome!! I must say, being Team Green hasn't made it hard to bond with the baby at all. We do call it "it" but oh well! It will have it's own name soon enough! I think it's going to give me more motivation during delivery to push as much as I can! I'm so excited for the "it's a GIRL!" or "it's a BOY!" moment and able to give him/her a name at that point. We've gotten almost everything we need, our baby still has clothes (and will get more once people know the sex!!!) and the nursery is still put together (well the crib and changing table...with an organized mess of stuff from the showers still on the floor :oops:) even though it's not strictly girl or boy themed. I think you can handle waiting!! Oh and by the way...I didn't feel pregnant at all until I started feeling movement. I had no early symptoms really, just occasional bloating. No sickness, nausea, or food/smell aversions so it took a while for me to actually feel pregnant!

I have some good news! I got a call from work and since my doctor put me on bedrest they're willing to put me on extended sick leave until I deliver. I'm eligible for $130 gross per week, so with taxes taken out, I calculated a little over $100. I stopped my 401k that's taken out of my paycheck until I go back to work too. So $100 is better than nothing. I feel so much better!!! Good thing I was putting money into savings before this happened. And thankfully DH went back to work a couple weeks ago and is now putting money into savings again. If we were both off we'd probably go bankrupt!

Here's me at 35w2d in case I don't get a chance to post one tomorrow. Don't mind my face haha.

24d37n9.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
megumic - Nice score on the Beco! If we didn't already have an Ergo and a Baby Hawk I would want one of those too!

China - Congrats on full term! I'm going to be so excited to find out what name you settle on!!

Missy - Glad to hear you were able to go to the wedding, your bump is high in that picture! Yep, full time bedrest. DH likes to call it house arrest because I can still get up to do things like make myself lunch. I get up for a few hours when O gets home from DC so I can spend some time with him, I just don't chase him around and whatnot.

missrachelk - I can't remember, are you finding out the gender? Excited to hear how your anatomy scan goes.

Muff - You look awesome. Your bump is not massive!!

sunnyd - Funny about the trucker mouth. DH and I are still bad about what we say and O is 18 months!! It's not easy but we're slowly getting better. He's still not much of a talker so I think that gives us this false sense of him not listening, but he totally understands more than we give him credit for!

PPM - Glad you're getting a second opinion on the pain. I wouldn't like to have pain like that brushed off so easily either.

mayerling - So exciting that you're starting to get everything ready. Don't worry about the nursery, we're in the same boat. These babies will be in our room until we can move so they're not getting much! A crib to share and a changing table (because I have no idea how people live without changing tables!). You should see our room, it's so full of furniture! We're getting ready to list our house and I can just imagine people's reactions when they get to our room :o

PP - Super cute picture. I was a 4 pound baby and so was O :love: Here are some general guidelines that I've been trying to follow... still haven't heard from the nutritionist. I did finally break down and start using my monitor and my numbers have been fine so I'll just keep following these suggestions for now. I think what's helped me most is getting rid of high sugar foods (I love sweets) and not skipping meals. I haven't been hungry lately so I've been really bad about eating at normal times. I've been trying to limit carbs to 30g for breakfast and snacks, 45g for lunch and dinner.

*Eat 3 meals and 3 small snacks about 2 to 3 hours apart.
*Small portions of starches such as rice, pasta, potato, bread or tortilla are acceptable.
*Snacks may include crackers with cheese or peanut butter, a half sandwich, or quesadilla along with a serving of fruit or milk.
*Be sure to eat a bedtime snack.
*Avoid all fruit juices and beverages that are high in sugar such as regular sodas, smoothies, fruit drinks, punch, lemonade, sports drinks, Kool-aid or sweetened coffee drinks.
*Acceptable beverages include water, diet soda, sparkling mineral water, coffee, decaf, tea, iced tea (Equal and Splenda can be used to sweeten). Beverages sweetened with aspartame (Nutrasweet or Equal) or sucralose (Splenda) are considered safe in pregnancy.
*Avoid sugar, honey, syrups, and foods high in sugar such as jams, jellies, candy, pies, cakes, cookies, pastries, ice cream, sherbet, sorbet, regular jello, puddings, barbeque or teriyaki sauce, ketchup and dressings such as French or thousand island.
*A small portion of fresh fruit may be included at most meals and snacks. Have 2 to 3 servings each day.
*At breakfast, avoid milk, dry cereals and fruit. Instead try toast with peanut butter, eggs with English muffin or a tortilla with cheese. *Walk for 10-15 minutes before or after each meal if approved by your doctor.

S&I - Thanks for popping in! Do you have any suggestions for quick and easy things to eat for breakfast? I could eat eggs and sausage every day for breakfast BUT.... I really have a hard time getting myself out of bed to make it!! I'd much rather sleep in. :naughty:

Dani - Welcome! I know I've posted this around here before, so sorry if this is a repeat... But DH and I flip flopped on finding out the gender before our scan too. In the end we found out and in hindsight I'm glad we did. It's easy to think of this magical moment when your baby is born and you get to find out the gender, but my birth experience was nothing like that and so I'm glad we had time to find out early and take that time (when things were calm) to celebrate then. Of course we couldn't have known that in advance, but I'm glad we found out. Also we were really struggling with boy names so we wanted to make sure we needed to keep trying to figure it out!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1336467864|3189907 said:
Amc, I was measuring ahead at my last appointment and was told that if I'm still measuring ahead at my next appointment I'd be referred for a growth scan. What did they say to you? Love the nursery bedding!

Same thing. If I continue to measure big they'll do another growth scan at 32 weeks. It's funny, whenever I would say to someone that I feel big for how far along I am, I'd get tons of "oh no, you're perfect, you're not big, blah blah blah." I knew I was big!!

And thanks, we love the bedding. The quality is amazing. Each of the animals on the quilt is a different fabric, so there are all sorts of textures (corduroy, velvet, etc.).

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - It's so weird...I can never tell if it's high or low since I have a short torso...it just seems to be there with no where to go! :lol:
Maybe with bare belly it looks different? Here goes nothing! I pointed to wear my belly button is haha.

new image.JPG

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Dani - I know I've talked about it with you but if you and your DH don't care re: boy/girl (i.e. no chance for significant gender disappointment, gender specific health issues etc) I would say go TEAM GREEN. I don't mind knowing, but now that I know, I would say that it isn't as exciting as waiting for delivery to find out :)

Just in case I can't post tomorrow, here is 33w4d - you can see I've had a massive POP in all directions.

33w4d.jpg

33w4d2.jpg

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Dani- Welcome! :wavey: Perspective of someone that found out, but easily could have waited: I think there are pros/cons for both. If you can hold out, why not? I think it's lovely and old-fashioned (in a good way). You will have a nursery and you will get the stuff you need- people will just buy you lots of pink or blue AFTEr baby is born. And now there are so many adorable neutral options for nurseries. As for bonding- I do think it helps, but I also think it's just mental. I like knowing it's a girl, but she still feels like a nameless stranger to some degree. ;))

I wanted to wait, but it was important to my DH to find out. He's a planner and while I was experiencing the pregnancy (physically) I think he felt disconnected. Once he knew (both times) he became a lot more involved. For me, I could have waited, but it seemed less important than before I was pregnant. Both times we had the technicians put the "answer" in an envelope and waited until the time was right. With O, we kept the envelope for about a month or two, and then opened it on vacation in Puerto Rico. It's one of my favorite memories. I "knew" or at least had a strong intuition that it was a boy, so I let DH open it while I took pictures. I have a picture of the look on his face and it's irreplaceable. With baby girl, we waited FOREVER for the right time. I just never wanted to open it. Finally we opened it on a trip to Santa Barbara, one of my fave places in the world. Again, at sunset, by the beach. This time, I opened it while DH took pictures. The look on my face is priceless. I was shocked- it is such a surprise no matter WHEN you find out.

For me, I've never regretted finding out. It's part of our story and our process and how we decided to do it together. I would regret being told in the dr office. I liked how we waited until it was right for us. Also, like Kunzite said, my birth experience was not all rainbows and sunshine. I had a perfectly normal and non-traumatic delivery, but it's a very strange and surreal experience. I felt a bit like I was in a dream. There is so much going on, that personally, I'm not sure that the "it's a boy/girl" moment would have been what I was expecting. And trust me, you don't need a surprise to want to push the baby out. You just want it OUT. :cheeky:

But some husbands really want that moment where they get to bust through the doors and announce it. I would never have taken that away from my DH if he wanted it (he didn't). And I do think there is something special about waiting until the baby pops out to find out.

I guess I just don't buy that either way is better or worse. It's what works for you and your husband. You can always get the envelope and then decide not to open it. My sister is due a week after me and they have an envelope but have not opened it.

Wow, didn't meant to write a novel! Trust your instincts.

AFM- Weekly appt. All still same, no issues, no real impending signs. Just sitting tight until the due date, hoping for a name to appear in a dream or something. :))

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite, that's funny that you mentioned eggs and sausage. I would order a sausage and cheese omelette from the cafeteria at work every morning! When I got tired of that, I would prepare some hard-boiled eggs in the evening, and stick them in the fridge. Then I'd wake up the next morning and peel one to eat with some string cheese. I'm sure it's not the best breakfast out there, but it did the job when I didn't have much time. Glad those boys are staying put!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1336418333|3189386 said:
amc, that darn cat! So cute. And your bedding is darling too. Love it. How fun to get the nursery started. Our future nursery is technically a guest room, but in reality, it is my overflow closet. I need to do some major purging and organizing this summer.

We have the same situation. The baby's room was the spare room, which also served as DH's overflow closet. He has way more clothes than I have, plus all of his uniforms and work crap (he's a deputy sheriff). Baby boy will have no closet space whatsoever...good thing it's a boy and not a girl!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results