shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
LC - You look amazing. I wish I was that small pre-baby!

NEL - Awww...I love seeing ultrasounds when you can actually make out your baby's face. :) It makes everything feel so much more real. Maybe I should start looking into maternity cargo pants. The jeans I have, while they fit fine in the butt and legs, always seem to start falling down. I'm wondering if it's the heavier fabric? As for the bedrest - since it's so loose, it hasn't been terrible, but I have been going a little stir crazy, and I feel awful that my dog isn't getting all the walks/hikes she's used to. I had a Kindle with a ton of books on it, but unfortunately I left it on the plane. Darn baby brain!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends,

I know it has taken quite a while, and I apologize, but the little one has been keeping me uber busy. In any event, here is my birth story...

As some of you know, my little one went past her August 4 due date. However, I had been having some irregular and infrequent contractions over the weekend (Aug 6-7). By Monday, I was feeling really badly again, nauseous and such, so I decided to go to the Dr. on Monday morning. The doctor told me that I had started to dilate, and hopefully the baby would come soon. All Tuesday I was having some more frequent contractions, and then my mom and sis came in. I couldn't really sleep on Tuesday (and Monday too) night because I had a mix of nervousness and contractions. By Wednesday, my contractions were more frequent, about 9 to 10 minutes apart. I went to the doc that morning to see where I was and how effaced I was so the doctor could decide whether to admit me that night or Thursday morning. The doctor said that I was about 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced, so I didn’t need to come in on Wednesday night. However, when she went in to check me, Sophia got really angry and I started to have contractions 3-4 minutes apart.

After the doctor noticed the increased contractions, she hooked me up to a monitor to watch me. She told me to come back in an hour, and if the contractions were still that strong, they would induce me then. But, after getting some lunch and walking a bit, my contractions slowed back down so I went home to wait it out till my induction on Thursday morning at 6 am. Surprisingly, my contractions kicked back up during the evening, and by 11 pm, they were consistently 5 minutes apart. After letting my DH sleep for about 2 hours, I told him I couldn’t wait anymore, and we headed to the hospital. After checking in and getting setup (around 2:30 am), I got my IV in place and started to get my fluids so I could get my epidural. About 30 minutes later, the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural. I must say by that time, my contractions were so icky that I didn’t even really notice the epidural. After I got that, I was soooo much more relaxed and was finally able to get some sleep. They also started my Pitocin drip around this time. By 6 am, I was about 5 cm dilated and rolling along. They decided to up my Pitocin drip, and also gave me a shot of pain meds via a bolus (sp). All I can say is God bless the anesthesiologist nurse! By 8:30 am, I was about 9 cm and they were about to break my water, since it hadn’t broken, but lo and behold, I felt her kicking a bit, and she plum kicked my water bag open, lol.

After that, things moved really quickly. At 9 am I was 10 cm dilated, and ready to roll. After about 30 minutes of pushing, my little girl popped into the world at 9:35 am on Thursday, August 11 weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz, and measuring 20.5 inches. I tore a bit (2nd degree), and required some stiches after the birth. I also started to bleed a decent amount after she was born, but they upped the Pitocin, and it seemed to stop the bleeding. After giving birth, I was shaking so hard and kinda out of it, so my DH took the baby and watched her for about 15 minutes before I got to hold her, but all was well.

Overall, the whole birth process was surprisingly calm. There were no obscenities or other dramatics that you see in the movies. Perhaps it was because I was just ready to give birth already. I also seriously credit the epidural, b/c it allowed me to go through the process without focusing on the pain. My mom, sis and DH were really supportive during the whole process and I was happy to have them there. I ended up staying in the hospital till Saturday and apparently the baby likes to ride in the car b/c she slept all the way home.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Krissie|1313977907|2996188 said:
Hi ladies!

I think I'm finally ready to join you all!! I'm pregnant with twins and today I'm 15w4d! I'd like to say this pregnancy has gone 100% smoothly so far, but not so much - however, everything seems to be progressing as it should, so I am counting my blessings! We had a scan on Monday and Baby A is peaceful and quiet, whereas Baby B is jumping all over the place!

The most difficult aspect of the past few months is that DH got a new job that moved us from VA to CA. He moved at the end of June, and I just joined him last week. Moving is *always* hard -- but leaving my friends, job, etc. to the uncertainty of an entirely new coast -- while pregnant with twins -- has been a real challenge! I'm SO glad we've moved past this hurdle, and I'm ready to get on with my life :bigsmile:

I see so many wonderful ladies from the Barely PG board - hi!! So glad you're all doing well!!

Krissie, where in CA are you? I'm a twin momma and live outside of SF in the East Bay. If you are nearby and have any questions, let me know! Lots of twins here! :bigsmile:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Now that's more like it! Lovely bumps, ladies! Yay for babies! Haha, you guys are great. Now, if someone can help me figure out how to make a collage of my bump pics, that would be great. Then I can show the progression of the bump!

Elle: gorgeous, darling! I'd warn you that your DH may want to make a baby with you looking all hot, but uh, guess you've been there, done that! Hope MacIsland and Traverse were great...we vaca'd there annually as a family...my grandparents have a summer home in Gaylord. My Dh is also waaaay creeped out about alcohol+me+baby but was chill when I had a half glass a week ago to get a wink of sleep.

IHA: almost there! You looks great, and im so jealous you don't have stretch marks. My belly looks like it was clawed by a tiger. Hope Liam comes soon...I feel your pain.

LC: you look great! Its so much pressure off once you get to spill the beans. DH let everyone in on our secret way before I was ready to, (~10 weeks) but glad it all turned out ok. Families can be so rough, especially when all you want is for them to just be happy! Glad you get to take a babymoon and that things are looking up for DH's mom. Seriously, id be happy to help with any questions you guys might come up with. We wanted to take a babymoon...unfortunately waaaaay too many things unexpectedly came up this summer. Glad you'll get to score lots of stuff from friends! I borrowed a bunch of mat clothes, and plan to pass some to the next preggo of the group...just found out one of DHs friend's wives is expecting in Feb a few weeks ago. Sadly, wont get much baby gear since we come from Catholic land where everyone has lots of kids :cheeky:

Parrot: you look like you're barely carrying one baby.....are you kidding me!? Such a cute bump!

NEL: oh the joys of maternity clothes. Im trying to determine at what point post pregnancy it will be inappropriate to wear my maternity pants...although I am beginning to look forward to wearing normal clothes. Materniity clothes were soooo amazing once I made the switch. Oh and a black and white nursery sounds sooooo cute! So much cute stuff out there!

Katy: totallly on your wavelength when it comes to the wine. Id recommend at least a few pair of mat pants sooner rather than later. Youlll be more comfy, and figure, you'll only wear then a few months when all is said and done. I've just now gotten reeeeealy tired of my at clothes, but I think its partially bc im just kinda over being pregnant ;-) Daycare is rough...we are using DHs cousin and it still will be $150/week. There are perks to it, but it still sucks.

Krissie: wow....that's a lot to change at once! But you sound like you are taking it all in stride, do you have any family in CA?

Mrs: oh, your post just made my day! Glad Kent is such a joy! And hope DD is loving her baby brother! You gave me hope that this little one may have a sibling one day...right now I never want to think about being pregnant ever again!

DC! What a great L&D! So glad you came back share the story. Glad its all working out, I bet Ms. Sophia is just a joy. Can't wait to catch ya on the flip side!

AFM: full term! The kicks and punches are becoming more pointed and jabs. Like, painful. Im going to ask my doctor tomorrow if I could be losing fluid maybe...there is NOTHING cushioning the blows anymore. The bump looks smaller, which I heard can happen as the baby travels lower and starts to engage :appl: I guess ill see what the doctor says tomorrow. Im getting some pressure in my butt (and ahem...hemmorhoids) so I just want the show to get going! Plus we have all these gadgets and clothes and stuff I want to use! Haha! Slleep is harder to come by, but that's typical at this stage of the game as far as I understand. I feel like such the debbie downer on this thread...haha! I swear, pregnancy really is amazing and fun and I can't believe im about to meet my daughter soon, but yeah, the last few weeks are rough. I've tried to be positive; i think I just vent here to you poor ladies!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I am still around - heading interstate on Friday and then going to Europe on Saturday week. So much happening here - I will try not to miss anyone!

Charbie, I am squealing on the inside with excitement for you!!! Term!!!

Krissie, welcome back, we missed you! So glad that you and your husband are together again. Chin up through the readjustment process - it is always hard putting down new roots but it will happen.

LC, yay for telling friends! I am constantly surprised by how delights people are when we tell them. I have now finished disseminating the news around work and it's nice to have it out there, I must say. Totally know whatyou mean re looking and feeling chubby. I am still in that "who ate all the pies?" stage myself! Keep us posted on the baby moon!

NEL, isn't it a RELIEF to be in an elasticated waist??! I am in an elasticated maxi skirt right now. Your bub looks great! Did you love the scan experience? Re holidays - don't underestimate the restorative value of stolen little weekends away! Even a city stay, as long as you are not in your own place and are staying somewhere where the housework is done for you!

Katy, great to see you! Try not to stress too much about the work/money/childcare situation - I really think these things have a way of working out, or at least that people FIND ways to make it work out.

PT - you are looking sensational, I must say! Here's to the remainder of your pregnancy being as stress-free as possible!

Elle - so soon!! Wow...last week I got excited when we hit the "100 days pregnant" milestone, but yours is SUPER exciting when you put it like that!

IHA - so close now! Very excited for you. Keep us posted on the minute details!

AFM, I have been fine until last night and have come down with a nasty virus since then. My tummy has been non-specifically sore since then but it's not really cramping as such. Pretty sure I have had a bit of a fever, and I have the usual runny nose, cough etc. I'm seeing my obstetrician tonight as in the end I just didn't want to go away for 4 weeks without having a check beforehand.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
DCG, thanks for sharing your birth story. It sounded really calm and wonderfully uneventful. Guess Miss Sophia likes to make her own way in the world. So happy that you guys are doing well.

Parrot, thanks. Trust me not that small, must be trick mirrors.... haha! Anyway, you have the cutest little bump. WOW! I can't believe you're 19 weeks already! You're almost half way there!!!! And I agree with Charbie, you look fantastic!

Charbie, how's your DH's back? I bet he's getting super excited for the baby. You can use Google's Picasa app to make a photo collage. Wow, $150/wk for day care is amazing. Maybe the the kicks are just getting stronger since she's getting so much bigger? Hey, don't worry about complaining here. I, for one, want full disclosure so I can be prepared instead of just freaking out. You ladies are my sanity. I asked the Mods for your email and asked them to give you mine. I hope they'll pass our contact info. So far MIL is doing well, she'll be in skilled nursing until the 30th and then transition home.

Pancake, ouch! I hope your virus passes quickly. Sounds like you're ready to go on your amazing vacay. Good for you.

And elastic waist bands: my favorite part of the day is to come home and change OUT of work clothes and into trackies! Aaaah!!!

~LC

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so I went to the obstetrician - I am still revolting and viral and febrile and gross, but the mini one is absolutely fine! He couldn't get a decent photo because little mini wanted to twist and kick and punch and wriggle. So I do have a picture - you can see a head, a ribcage... and then a kind of mess of bones :lol:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Bella: I just wanted to add that if you did have an ectopic, you would have had a positive test more than llikely by now. From what I understood, by the time the ectopic gets large enough to become very harmful, there is enough hsg in the system to trigger a +. I hope all is well for you and your cycle regulates soon!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Bella, I was about to say what LC said about the ectopic. I asked my OB about it (because I was worried about it) and she said it's a very, very sharp pain and if you press on your side, it hurts badly. I also agree with Charbie that you probably would have gotten a positive test given the date of your last period. Even if it was an ectopic or chemical, I think you'd still have enough residual HCG in your blood to get a positive. I'm sorry you're dealing with the drama of a wonky cycle, but given all of the travelling and all of the emotions you've experienced in the past several weeks, it seems very feasible. I've been thinking about you tons recently and am still super, duper excited for you!

Pancake, I'm so sorry you've been feeling ill, that's the worst! I'm really glad the LO is doing well, though! It's so nice that you can pop i and get an u/s. And your vacation is just days away--I hope you're feeling better by then!! I'm so excited for you. What's funny is that DH has decided to go to France and Germany and is flying out this Friday night, so it looks like you guys will be there around the same time. And I agree about a weekend away--we are going to try to do something later in October. We'll figure something out!

Charbie, vent away all you want! It's all fun and games until you're close to delivery. The jabbing sounds really brutal. Funny how the cute, light movements can turn into a full-contact sport within a few months--I have no doubt you're going to be so relieved when she kicks while you're holding her in your arms instead of inside your bellow. And yes, the maternity pants are wonderful, but I can see how you'd miss your "real" clothes. Just this weekend I sorted through the clothes in my closet and dedicated a "jeans I can wear" shelf and a "jeans I won't be able to wear again for who knows how long" shelf. I was kind of sad about it.

dcgator, thanks for sharing your birth story. It sounds like it took a few days to get the show on the road, but once it started, it went quickly! I think it's great that you were at least up and moving around in the days beforehand. I hope my experience can be calm without any cursing :) I'm sorry to hear about the second-degree tear, but I'm hoping it's healed by now and it's not giving you any issues.

PT, Oh my gosh, I can't believe you left your kindle on the plane, that is definitely something I would do! And the cargo pants are admittedly comfy, I only got them because they were on sale in the Macy's maternity section for $20, but now I'm glad I have them :)

LC, I'm so glad you told your friends, that's exciting! Soon enough your coworkers will know (15 weeks is right around the corner!) and you'll be officially "out". And the Bella Band is just like the Target B Band, it's just a bit more heavy-duty (thicker). How did the travel discussions go last night? We had a "travel discussion" night, too. I made dinner and invited D's cousin over--who is going on the trip with him. Funny that I still love planning a trip, even if I can't go on it. Hope your discussions went well!

AFM, nothing exciting! This may sound really crazy, but Bo (my younger newf) has been acting slightly odd lately and I wonder if he somehow knows I'm pregnant. First, he has become a velcro dog. He wants to be near me all the time--just this morning, he came up to the master bathroom and laid down next to the shower while I was in it, which he's never done. And he keeps sniffing my belly. It may be that something spooked him and he's just feeling a bit insecure. I asked our dog walker if he seems to be acting odd around her, but she says he acts completely normally. Running, swimming, playing with the other dogs. Anyway, just a weird observation.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Bella - only a lurker here and I am by no means an expert but have you ever been tested for endometriosis? Your symptoms sound very similar to ones I have had before when I missed AF I was very crampy for the entire month, it felt like AF was on her way but never showed. The bleeding you had could have been break through bleeding? I also get the clots, heavy bleeding, diarrhea and bad cramps during AF.

From what I understand from an eptopic, you would have had a positive pregnancy test by now and the pain would be a sharp localized pain to one area on either side of your body, it wouldn't be AF like crampy pain. (I'm at high risk of eptopic so was told to learn the signs).

Hopefully it all resolves itself soon and you will be back to normal again. Congratulations on your beautiful boy too, he looks adorable.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
NEL, the ultrasound pic of your little one is too cute! How exciting!

LC, you are too cute too! Your going to be an adorable pregnant lady!

Hi to everyone else! I'm having fun following along with your progress!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much everyone! I am still having cramps, but no more bleeding, so I'm just going to chill and see a Dr when I am in the States (which will hopefully be soon:(

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I drive-by whine?

I just failed my 1 hour glucose.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh noo, Elle, I'm sorry! Do you have to go back in for the 3-hour test? If so, when?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1314134832|2997716 said:
Oh noo, Elle, I'm sorry! Do you have to go back in for the 3-hour test? If so, when?

Yeah I have to go back next week. I have to have a carb-heavy diet for 3 days, then fast overnight (12 hours), then do the 3 hr first thing in the morning. I know there's a better chance I'll pass than fail the 3 hour, but 3 HOURS is so miserable. UGH! I was upset when they called me.

Guess I should really carb up on our babymoon this weekedn!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh Elle, sorry you failed the 1 hr glucose. Does this mean you have to come back and do it again? I think it's not unusual to get a 1hr fail then a 3 hr pass. I think some prior mamas said it's best to do the test first thing in the morning, or on an empty/empty-ish stomach.

Can I ask for some thoughts for my friend? I mentioned in my previous post, my old roommate is also expecting. She's 2+ months ahead of me. Her husband emailed this morning that she's in the hospital for contractions, and at risk of preterm labor. She must only be around 22-24 wks. My friend is on bed rest in the hospital until delivery. If you guys can spare some dust for her, please send some.

~LC (13W, 5D)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Well, at least you don't have to be cautious about what you are eating while on your babymoon!
I ate a CPK pizza the night before my 3 hour test, and i passed, so there is hope!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took the one hour first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I'm worried now. This is the first thing that has happened this pregnancy that wasn't good... I guess I should be happy with that, but GD is kind of a big deal, not just for baby and delivery, but also because of increased risk of getting Type 2 later in life. I'm really hoping I pass the 3 hour.

LC - Major dust going to your friend! How scary!! I know all of us worry about that happening, and it breaks my heart when it happens to someone. I hope some medical intervention and bed rest will keep that baby safe where he/she belongs!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Elle, fingers crossed that you pass the three hour, I completely understand why you're nervous. I want to tell you not to worry about it, but that's so much easier said than done.

LC, I'm so sorry about your friend. Keeping my fingers crossed for her, too. Keep us updated!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Elle: uggggggh! Sorry bout it. Hopefully it was a fluke type of deal and the 3 hr goes much better. And if not, at least you'll be aware you're at risk and more prepared for the future. Positive thoughts heading your way! And umm, right. Hope the babymoon goes well, whenever it is, since obviously I for some reason thought it was this past weekend....

Pancake: sorry you're not feeling up to snuff! Tho, I hear when you're sick while preggo, it does help pass on future antibodies to the baby, if that helps any. Hope you're vacation is a blast! I love Europe.

NEL: yeah, when we moved, I just didn't even unpack/hang up any of my prepreggo clothing. I figured I can reintroduce myself to the clothes sloooowly, so it isn't depressing that everything I once wore doesn't fit. My dogs have been acting quite protective/weird as well. And charlie (the choco lab mix in my avatar) sniffs my belly a lot! Our dogs are so playful, rightfully so, but sometimes im nervous about how they will 'play' around the baby. But they are fiercly territorial over their loved ones, and I have a feeling the baby is going to be THEIR baby and they are going to want to love her to pieces. Ill be honest, we haven't done too much to prep them, but they have gotten used to alll the new baby things, we have let them sniff around and check out all her stuff.

LC: his back is slowly improving, thanks for asking! Not perfect, but vastly better than before surgery. His doctor is quite happy with his progress. I think A just wishes he was back to totally normal, but forgets it was just 2 months ago that he was in serious condition in the hospital with his clots! It takes at least 6 months to recover from all that he has gone through! No doubt she is running out of room, but she's a bony little thing ;-) glad discharge from rehab is on the horizon for your MIL, and I noticed the mods had a message up that they were having some issues with email, so they may not have gotten the message...? And im sending many positive thoughts in the direction of your friend...so scary! I know too many pregnant women right now who have been put on some for of bedrest or made a trip to L&D already....makes me grateful things have gone as smooth as possible as far as I can tell!

Well, another weekly appt, another week of nothing. Im not surprised. When I had my d&c last year, they tried two doses of cytotec before realizing my body didn't want to give up the pregnancy :cheeky:. So I think my cervix enjoys being closed. I keep saying you can't rush perfection ;-) Actually DTD last night, and it wasn't overly uncomfortable! Glad A isn't repulsed by the belly. My brain is sort of fried at work...so excited for my little hiatus.
vent about maternity leave: My HR lady is a MORON and still doesn't understand maternity leave. Since im a manager, I actually get short term disability benefits, (not much), but she simply cannot figure out how to use the benfits and my vacation/sick time to supplement the 50% pay I get for 4 weeks after the 2 weeks full pay. She tried telling my that 50% meant 20 hrs per pay period, not per week, and that I would use 60 hrs of vacation per period to supplement my income. I drew her a visual of how it really was only 40 hrs per pay period, or 20 hrs per week, and she just didn't get it. Then when I said I wanted to take the last 6 weeks unpaid and actually use my full 12 week FMLA, she looked at me like I was nuts. She kept saying, "you wont get paid, so you can't do it." Uh, yes I can, and I know I wont get paid. Some of us PLAN for these things financially, and yes, my husband and I can afford for me to go a few weeks without pay and not have our world come crashing down. I *think* she finally understood what I was planning by the end of our conversation. I think I may get paid....I hope so at least.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Still no word on my friend. I emailed her husband, I'm hoping everything's OK. I appreciate the spare dust, you guys. PS dust is some pretty potent stuff.

Charbs, so smart of you not to hang up any of your pre-preggo clothes. I"ll have some more questions for you, I'll put it on my original thread. SO ANNOYING about the moron HR person. Holy cow, that sounds very difficult and frustrating. Well, as for an uneventful appt, I'm sure the "can't rush perfection" is the best attitude to have right now.

Elle, I hope you can enjoy your baby moon, and there's quite a few mamas that had to do the 3 hr test. It's more a pain in the butt than anything else, but I'll be thinking about you next week.

Nothing new here. DH and I will hopefully be finalizing baby moon plans tonight. We're going hiking/back packing in Yosemite and then spend 2 days in Tahoe. Anyone been to Tahoe? I went when I was eight so I remember nothing.

~LC (13W, 6D)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Elle, no worries... I, too, had failed my 1hr and had to take the 3 hr. I passed with flying colors. If it's at all possible, maybe have DH come with you? Mine came with me to keep me company and it wasn't bad at all. Really, the worst part is having to sit there for 3 hours. So it was nice to have someone there with me. Oh and definitely follow the carb diet they gave you, it does help!

Charbie, I don't think that HR person should be working in HR. LOL! Sounds like they have no clue what they are doing! I hope you get it all straightened out! I can't believe we are both so close!! And I totally feel you on the whole cervix and nothing going on... Ugh, I'm beginning to think Liam will never come out! LOL.

lliang_chi, Great belly pic! I remember when I was that small! You're adorable! Oh and major dust to your friend! I am praying all works out for her and the baby.

Bella, congrats on adopting your son, B! He is absolutely ADORABLE!! And I hope your cycle works itself out and goes back to normal soon. Like everyone else said, it could just be from all the stuff you've had going on in your life lately. You've had some major life changes and they could definitely be playing a huge role in your cycle.

Pancake, I hope you are feeling better lady!! It totally sucks to be sick when pregnant!

Dcgator, thanks so much for sharing your birth story. Glad everything went smoothly. Congrats on your little girl!

NEL, adorable pic of your little bean!! Glad everything is going well for you. I totally hear you on the pants... uh, I remember when I so did not want to give up wearing my "normal" clothing but man, from that first moment I put on my first pair of maternity pants, I was in love!! So comfortable!!

KatyWI, Good luck at the NT Scan! Please share some pics if you can!! I love seeing everyone's little beans.

Jcarlylew, I'm sorry you burnt your face but you look adorable in the pic!

PT, good luck with the car search! And adorable pic!

I'm sorry for anyone I missed... Hello! :wavey:

AFM, 38w5d and had my appointment yesterday. I didn't have them check me because it hurt so bad last time and I didn't want to be disappointed again if they told me that nothing was going on. Mid-Wife gave a bunch of tips on getting labor started naturally. (Primrose oil, red raspberry tea leaf and of course, sex.) DH and I DTD last night. Probably the first time in months b/c it hurts SO BAD for the first couple minutes. I want to be able to try everything possible to get things going naturally. I don't want to go any further than my due date... I know, get real, I probably will... but I'm gonna try not to... And I DON'T want pitocin to try to kick start it either if I end up having to be induced. So anyway, we DTD and I'm gonna do it at least twice a day until little Liam decides to make his appearance! Seriously, I'm desperate to see my son's face and of course, a more selfish reason, I WANT MY BODY BACK! Haha.

I'm a little upset because once again, my Dr is going to be out of town next week. This guy has gone on vacation 3 times in the last month and a half. Really?? I just know I'm gonna go in labor and he's not gonna be there. Ugh. I do have a mid-wife as back up just in case but again, I just hope she is on call when I go!

I can't believe my due date is next friday. It's insane. I am so ready but at the same time, I don't know, I can't believe how fast it's gone. I may miss being pregnant a little.. who knows... but I still say Liam will be an only child. Haha.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
A and I went to one of our favorite restaurants in our old 'hood tonight. Haven't been there for a bit since we moved to the new house. Its a small, old, family run diner with good food.
As we went to sit in one of the booths, A stopped, looked at me, and says, "umm...can you fit in the booth?"
You could tell he didn't want to offend me.

Sadly...he guessed correctly. My belly couldn't fit without being smashed. :blackeye:

Have to admit, it was kind of funny at the same time...haven't run into that problem before!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
LC, any word from your friend yet? I'm thinkin about her!

Charbie, it must be so frustrating when your HR department can't figure this out for you. You're trying to figure about a million things in your own life and the HR department is supposed to be a support system so that this is one thing you don't have to worry about (it's their job to know all of this info FOR you). Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of mamas-to-be have this issue with their HR department. I'm counting my lucky stars that my HR department is on top of everything and super helpful.

Also, I had a little chuckle about not fitting in the booth. I've definitely seen that happen before, so you are not alone! And the diner sounds delicious!

IHA, I guess I didn't realize how comfy the maternity pants/jeans would be! I'm weraing my maternity jeans for the first time today and they are really comfy as well. I feel like I can breathe again! I think I might buy another pair today.

I can't believe how close you are to your due date, just over a week to go! Your doctor BETTER be in town, especially since he's out of town now! And I can definitely understand wanting to see your son and get your body back, but also knowing you'll miss being pregnant. I'm already impatient to meet our baby and I have a long way to go!

AFM, I'm attaching my 13-week picture (even though it's not Friday), just for a comparison shot of how I looked at 6 weeks vs. how I look as of this morning. I'll start posting weekly shots on Fridays after this.

I weighed myself this morning and I haven't gained any weight since week 10, which makes me happy since I gained 5 lbs. between weeks 6 and 10. My belly is definitely bigger than it was at 10 weeks, but at least my weight is evening out a bit.

NEL (13 weeks, 1 day)

6 to 13 week comparison.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie - How frustrating dealing with an HR person who doesn't know how to handle something like maternity leave. I'm so sorry you've been having to deal with that. As for the restaurant, I had to laugh. I'm only 20 weeks (granted, with twins), but I always look skeptically at my husband every time he quickly asks for a booth. I'm sure it won't be too long before I don't fit. :)

LC - I hope your friend is doing okay.

IHA - Only about another week to go! Hopefully Liam will make his appearance sooner rather than later. And I definitely feel your frustration about your doc. My regular OB seems to be out quite often as well, and even though I'm in the earlier stages of pregnancy, I still find myself irritated.

NEL - You're so tiny! And totally off topic, but I'm jealous of the size of your bedroom. Ours is smallish, and a very odd shape. Just barely big enough for a queen bed, one nightstand, and a dresser.

AFM, I'm still going in every 2 weeks for cervical checks, but no changes in the past month, which is a good thing. The only frustrating things - no long walks/hikes with the dog, and no...intimacy. This has been the case since I was 17 weeks. These factors, along with already feeling the kids pressing on my diaphragm and bladder on occasion, and the heaviness of my belly, all early on, is going to make this one long pregnancy. On the plus side, while it hasn't all been easy, I've had a relatively comfortable pregnancy so far, so I'm counting myself lucky.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for thinking about my friend. Her husband just emailed me this morning, everything's stabilized and she's responding well to the medications. They're hoping to keep the little guy (they're having a boy) baking for another 10 weeks. Not sure if my friend will be able to go home or not. I think they're just most concerned with having a healthy baby right now. The hospitalized bed rest will probably get to her in a week or so if that's what she's stuck with. My sis and I told her we'll chat/email/skype with her to keep her occupied. Hopefully she won't be too lonely.

NEL, I have to agree with Parrot, your bedroom looks AWESOME! Mine is decently sized but doens't look big nor as cool as yours. I can see a difference in the belly sizes between wk 6 & wk 13, and HOORAY for not gaining any more weight.

Parrot, my said when she was preggo with twins she couldn't touch the end of her belly. You're pretty tiny, I imagine you'd be the same way. I'm glad you've had a relatively comfortable pregnancy so far.

Charbie, very funny about the booth. Your DH is so sweet that he was trying to be offensive. That diner sounds super cute, I'm glad you had a little treat for yourself

IHA, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Liam makes some decent progress. Doesn't he know that Mommy's getting impatient? I heard raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help, maybe you can have some of that. Or acupuncture. :) Wow, your OB being out of town so much, especially at the end of your pregnancy is a pain. At least this means all his traveling is done and he'll be there from here on out. At least that's my hope.

AFM, not much is going on. We'll be doing some travel next month, to visit the ILs for MIL's homecoming. My SIL is being a brat, no surprise, but DH and I are going to let her deal with it herself. Then we're going to Yosemite/Tahoe as a babymoon. Anyone been there before? Just looking for some ideas.

I'll try taking a pic today for posting tomorrow. I'll also try to post every week.

~LC (14 weeks, today!)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
PT and LC, oddly enough, the bedroom is my least favorite room in the house. It's an addition onto the house and I feel like it's lacks the charm of the rest of the house. I really want to put some wide-plank pine floors in the bedroom so that it somewhat matches the antique part of the house, but because the bedroom is so big (26' x 24'), it's super, duper expensive. I'd love a smaller, more charming bedroom.

PT, I'm really glad the cervical checks are going well but the modified bedrest coupled with no imtimacy...wow, that has to be hard! I know it's for the best and that you will definitely get through this, but I can understand your frustration since the finish line isn't right around the corner. Vent here as much as you want!

LC, I just wanted to respond to tell you that I'm so glad your friend is stable...that must be very scary for her. The one question I had for HR that they didn't know the answer to was hospitalized bedrest prior to the baby being delivered. As it turns out, mine is definitely covered by STD (in addition to STD covering the delivery and recovery time), so I'm hoping your friend's stay is covered as well. I really hope she continues to do well and that the next 10 weeks aren't miseable for her.

I've been to Yosemite and Tahoe. I was big into rock climbing at the time, so while in Yosemite I hiked over to El Cap since it's a rock climber's dream. I cut my ankle taking a shortcut to El Cap through a river and ended up having to get stitches. DH and I both did the hike to the Sentinel Dome, which was beautiful. We were short on time, so he did the half dome hike while I went over to see the giant sequoias. We went in late summer as well, so I wasn't expecting any of the waterfalls to be spectacular (they're apparently amazing in the spring after all the snow melt), but I still enjoyed Bridal Falls and the other waterfalls we saw during our hikes.

I don't remember what we did in Tahoe, sadly enough. I was with my family (for a wedding) and I remember it being beautiful, but can't remember any activities, so I'm no help there!

You will have a GREAT time! I'm so jealous you get to take your babymoon WITH your husband :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
it has been forever since I checked in. I think it was right around the time we found out we were having a girl. ANyhow I"m now 29 weeks but feel like I'm at the end of my 3rd tri instead of at the beginning. This kid is going to be a soccer player the way she is kicking.

Congrats to everyone who delivered, passed their GT's and found out what they are having.

As for me, I"m hanging in there. Baby is measuring a week ahead so I'm hoping to give birth a little early (DS was 3 weeks early) so perhaps I will get my dream Oct. baby :D DH and I went on our hospital visit (military hospital) and with the amount of births they do per month there is pretty much no way that I will get my own room....they basically says everyone shares unless you have something contagious....wonderful right. I'm sure that is what every woman wants to do after giving birth is share a room with another extremely emotionally and tired woman and her newborn. Anyhow besides that I really liked the hospital.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I'm going to lead with this: 40% off all sale items at Motherhood Maternity until 9/5! Get on it!

I feel like such a brat to post and run, but I just wanted to pop in and say that NT scan went great! Nasal bone is clearly visible, nuchal fold totally normal, and I haven't gotten the blood tests back yet but I decided to start sharing the news anyway!!! So now I don't have to be paranoid about it getting out and I can just tell people as needed, and everyone will know eventually. :) My manager and HR person were so great about it, and I emailed the rest of the management team since our office is open (no offices) and I couldn't stop in to tell the CEO, Pres, VP, and CIO. All responded with congrats.

In addition, BEFORE I told, the president sent an email to my boss (forwarded to me) that he noticed I've really been working my butt off the last few weeks and he would like to put a random bonus on today's paycheck!! Amazing! It's not big or anything, but it's so amazing to feel appreciated and so unexpectedly! I've felt like fried crap for weeks now, but I guess I did a good job of hiding it! Woo! :bigsmile:

So here are my NT scan pics.. In the profile shot it looks like baby has my nose, but I know it's far from being fully developed so I guess I'll have to wait to see on that. Hahaha!

The profile:

KatyNTcrop_1.jpg

Baby upside down with it's hand near it's face:

KatyNTcrop_7.jpg

I'll be back later or tomorrow to catch up with everyone else. But I am thinking of you all!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NEL thanks for the advice on Yosemite. We'll do some hiking along Eastern side, starting from Tuolumne Meadows. We hired a guide to take us back packing. Looking forward to it.

Sarah, 29wks! Wow!And one boy and one girl. That's what DH and I are hoping to end up with. In a barest small way I'm hoping for a boy first, but not by much. I hope you get your October baby. Glad you like the hospital.

Katy, congrats on the bonus. Hooray for letting everyone know. It sounds like you work for a pretty small company, sounds like places I like to work. Anyway love the baby pics. It seems like all you other ladies have a much crisper U/S machine than I do. maybe it's just me. I couldn't tell if the nasal bones were formed or not.

Including my 14wk belly pick. Booo not liking it. I also took it right after dinner which probably is why I look like I have a food baby. :tongue:

~LC (14W, 1D)

LCBelly14Wks.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results