shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
@ RT Good lord woman, tell your husband to get you a wheel barrow to carry that kid around in! I had a growth u/s at 38 weeks because I was measuring 4 weeks behind. I ended up being induced because he was below the 10th percentile. But growth u/s can be off by 1/2 a pound in either direction. What are they estimating him to weigh at this point?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1299692324|2868225 said:
@ RT Good lord woman, tell your husband to get you a wheel barrow to carry that kid around in! I had a growth u/s at 38 weeks because I was measuring 4 weeks behind. I ended up being induced because he was below the 10th percentile. But growth u/s can be off by 1/2 a pound in either direction. What are they estimating him to weigh at this point?

Well my doctor didn't really estimate the weight because it was based on fundus/fundal/fun whatever height so they will get a more accurate height and weight at the ultrasound. I'm hoping it's just extra amniotic fluid in there! However, I really could use that wheelbarrow about now lol

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hello beautiful pregnant PSers! Soooo.... I just got back from my doc appointment, and apparently I am on bed rest until at least Monday. I am almost 29 weeks, and my cervix is already effaced. (It's like 1/2 cm long, when it should be around 3 cm) Gotta sit on my butt and get checked again on Monday. Pray for me that I don't have to go on permanent bed rest for the rest of this pregnancy!!!!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ladies.

Tuckins, so sorry to hear you're on bed rest! I'll be sending you good vibrations in the hopes that you needn't stay on bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy!!

RT, I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! I was very large last time around as well and went in for an u/s to see what was up and learned that I had polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) which required twice weekly monitoring. It never proved to be a problem, though it did give my DD way too much room to get tangled up in the cord which meant she got tethered head up and I had to have a scheduled c-section instead of a regular delivery. I hope u/s proves that everything is totally fine.

Deelight, yay for 2 cms! I'm sending labor dust your way!

Charbie, so sorry to hear your body hasn't been cooperating! Hang in there hun. Congestion, cold sores, and nausea are no fun but it'll all be worth it in the end!

Skippy, congrats on passing the glucose test! Sorry to hear you're anemic though... I was somewhat anemic last time around and had to take iron which REALLY messed up my system. I was so tied up ALL of the time - NOT fun. I hope your system doesn't respond like mine did.

Basil, we went with white for our crib / nursery decor and just got an inexpensive crib at Ikea. I think you're wise to try to get things that can be used later but keep in mind that your taste may change. That changing table looks very nice.

AFM: I'm having some bad back pain today - It's kind of the first day that I FEEL really pregnant. ug. DD was up for an hour and a half last night for some reason and I think the lack of sleep really got to me. I'm so not looking forward to being up at all hours with a newborn again! Off to try to nap a bit now....

Mrs

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy Congrats on the glucose test!

MosernSparkler I get lower abdomen pain a fair amount when I move around in strange ways. The muscles in tha tarea are so weakened from being stretched that they can get irritated so easily. But I hope you feel better soon!

Tuckins Boo about the bedrest! I know it must be a little scary but you are nice and close to being in a good healthy range for premature birth in terms of outcomes. I bet you go full term, but even if it does come early, you can rest assured you are out of the real danger zone of < 28 weeks.

Random Thought Those fundal measurments are totally out of whack and not accurate at all. You will get a better idea when you have the u/s.

Dee I bet she comes on her own, but if not then being already dilated is a great sign for a good induction! Just breath through the panic of impending doom... erm... I mean motherhood ;))

Charbie I bet the second tri will be better for you. I have found in both pregnancies I feel very healthy in that period.

basil Anterior placenta basically means you have a big ol' pillow between your nerves in the skin/muscles and the baby, so you probably won't feel movements until much later. I think in my first pregnancy it was well over 20 weeks? But I cannot recall exactly. Then even when you feel them it is more the gross movements like stretches and stuff you feel, rather than the little fluttery things. My DH also rarely if ever felt Hunter move/kick. I admit it made me sad not to feel Hunter as much, and I feel this baby a lot more already and have since about 16 weeks (postenriour placenta this time), but que sera.

AFM nothing much to report! I am now almost 22 weeks along. Feeling good so far. I have gained a lot of weight, but gained about 5lbs less so far than in my first pregnancy, and so am actually 15lbs down from this same spot in the first pregnancy overall (started out 10lbs lighter), so I am happy for that small miracle ;))

We are still struggling for a boy name and it is getting pathetic. We have lots of names that we think are ok, but I have not totally fallen for a name yet. Got the girl name all picked though, so I guess that is half the battle.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Ack! I just lost my post!

Tuckins - Boo on bedrest! That sucks. DD is right that 28 weeks is a huge milestone as far as mortality and long-lasting damage go, and it is great that you've gotten that far. My thoughts are with you (and your sanity, on bed rest) and I hope that everything stays put so that you can also avoid a NICU stay.

Basil - Congrats on a little boy! I kind of wanted a girl, but wouldn't trade G for anything. I still kind of hope that this one is a girl though. 8)
We have a white Ikea crib, and George has done a great job of gnawing up the sides. We've gotten him big boy furniture in a darker wood. I'm glad that I wasn't banking on converting the crib to a full, with all of the bite marks. I've heard this from others as well, although some people have escaped the standing toddler stage with pristine crib sides. I'm glad that we went with the cheap (but safe) option for the crib and are getting big boy furniture separately. I'd want to make sure that anything like a dresser could continue to be used though.

DD - Congrats on the weight! You have time to find the right boy name still - it can be so hard to find something that appeals enough to two people with different thoughts. At least you've got one half of it down!

Charbie - But at the same time, I remember all to well how sick of all my maternity clothes I was by mid-third-tri. I almost cried getting them out of the closet again! I am holding out as long as possible, rational or not. :D

AFM - I have gone public with the pregnancy, which is kind of fun.

ETA - HOW did I miss all of those great belly shots on the last page? Seriously, everyone looks fabulous!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tuckins, sorry to hear about the bed rest. take it easy, easier said than done, i know. hoping everything is ok with you and the LO.

RT, i'm having u/s done about every week for growth because i was measuring small, so starting at 32 weeks, my doc referred my to get u/s done each week. and so far the baby looks to be healthy. 6 weeks!!! WOW. i measured big with my first son, but more like 2 weeks, so they weren't too concerned.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Puffy Thanks chickie :) - how have you been? - I have to say having scans every 2 weeks would be nice you would get to see the progress of bubs over time :)

RT No growth scans here - they don't do as many scans in Australia as the states and from what my ob said unless you have complications they don't do them - heck I have never even had my fundus measured and I have been weighed once through this whole pregnancy. I would try not to worry about the scan until you have an answer -so many things can throw off measurements, baby's position, mothers size before being pregnant or ou could be retaining a lot of fluid - HH is also right growth scans can be off as well either way as well -GL on the positive side you get to see your little munchkin again keep us posted :D.

Mere Thanks Chickie :) I feel like that sometimes in the NB thread I lurk quickly and get out of there otherwise it makes me impatient to see this little one :razz:

Tuckins Sorry to hear your on bedrest hopefully it is just for a short while in the meantime you can get lots of nanna naps in and maybe some indulgent trashy daytime TV soap time :). I will be sending dust and prayers your way :)

Mrs :( I hate those days - I hope your back pain goes away and you enjoy your nap time - nap time is the best time of the day :)

Dreamer thanks - I still have your advice for pushing in the back of my mind for when the time comes :razz:. Congrats on being down on your weight from your last pregnancy - you look fantastic in your belly shots :).

As for boys names - I think they are so much harder then girls names if we were having a boy I still don't think we would have a name - you will get there eventually I am sure :)

Blen YAY for going public :)

40wks tomorrow no impending signs of doom I have given up trying to guess LOL - though I would seriously laugh if she comes on her due date - I am kinda hoping she waits till my sister comes up but she may have other plans either way T-6 days and counting.

On a another note - did another load of baby clothes last night - OMG a) she has a ton of clothes and b) they are all so stinking cute :) she even has wrist rattles to match her outfits LOL stinking cute I tell you :D

hope all you ladies are welll

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!
I know I've been MIA for a few weeks, but things are so hectic with work, school and nursing a cold that I can barely keep up with life, let alone PS lol!! I'm going to make an effort to post on here regularly from now on.

Everyone has lovely belly shots!!!

Basil -Congrats on team blue!!!!!

MS- Sorry for the main you experienced, but glad it got better and went away.

Mrs- Happy belated birthday!!! I'm glad you had a great trip!! Yay for the big u/s!!!

Skippy- Glad you passed your glucose test, but sorry to hear about the anemia. Yay for kicking and wriggling little boys!!!!!

Charbie- Congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester!!!!! I just started to get the "pregnancy" congestion, mucusy and it sucks. Hope it clears up for you soon!

RT- That's crazy that your baby is measuring 6 weeks ahead!!!!! I hope the next growth u/s goes well!!

Tuckins: I'm sorry you're already effacing. Sending positive cervix vibes your way so that you don't have to go on bedrest.

DD- Glad to hear you're doing well!!

Blen- Yay on going public!!!!!!!!

Dee- Almost there!!!!! Sending positive vibes your way!

AFM, 17w2d today, and I'm struck with some sort of cold/congestion thing. I think I have a sinus infection as my head is throbbing like mad! So far, things are going very well. My family decided to have two separate baby showers for me (one from my side and onee from DH's side) which I'm none too happy about, but my MIL doesn't care about how I feel about it, so she's doing it anyway :nono:. Anywho, I'm still feeling pretty tired all the time as I have pretty bad insomina between peeing 3-4x/night and waking up earlier than I want. We go for the big u/s Monday, so I'm super excited about that!!!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins: Boo on bed rest!!

Blen: woohoo on going public!

Dee: Congrats on 40 weeks! Fingers crossed that things get going for you soon!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
CHARBIE ~~ I have been doing the neti pot too since the 2nd tri. Yay for hitting the second trimester!!!!! :bigsmile:
To answer your question, I was getting dizzy spells bad and my heart was racing; I just thought it was the weird normal pregnancy symptoms. At the Glucose screen they usually test for anemia so that is good.

DEE ~~ wooohoo for 2 cm; that is awesome! How are you feeling, could you tell you were dilated? Congrats on 40 weeks!!! Won't be long to see your beautiful baby girl!!! :D Thanks for the tips; we don't have that drink but the OB prescribed Vitamin C and Iron pills for me.

PUFFY ~~ haha you are too cute w/the chocolate chip cookies, sounds like a great idea to me!!! :bigsmile:

RT ~~ I have measurement U/S's every 4 weeks because of the twins; they do 2 measurements and take the average.

TUCKINS ~~ keeping you and your lo in my prayers.

MRS ~~ so often I feel like we think the same. hehe I was thinking the same thing on what happens when I take iron (boo); I am upping the fiber, lots more beans, fruit/veggies and more water. aw, I am sorry about your back pain and DD not wanting to sleep; I hope you got a nap in. hope your back is feeling better. :halo: Yay for doing a white crib too; I think they are cute!

DREAMER ~~ yay for 22 weeks and feeling good; looking forward to your belly pic!!! :bigsmile: We have no boys names either. :o Hope one comes to you!

BLEN ~~ very exciting on going public!!! :bigsmile:

PRINCESS ~~ hope you feel better soon, no fun having a cold. Hope someone makes you some yummy chicken noodle soup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ Today I am 25 weeks. :bigsmile: It feels like it is moving faster, yay! Nothing else too exciting; the doctor has me on iron and vitamin C 3x's a day. Oh the other day we had a sub for our birthing class and she was just okay so I am looking forward to our regular instructor for the next class since she is lots of fun and sounds like an awesome L&D nurse w/lots of insight. It is always good to get a different perspective though. Hope everyone has a great Thursday and weekend soon!!!!! :mrgreen:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blenheim|1299724839|2868572 said:
Basil - Congrats on a little boy! I kind of wanted a girl, but wouldn't trade G for anything. I still kind of hope that this one is a girl though. 8)
We have a white Ikea crib, and George has done a great job of gnawing up the sides. We've gotten him big boy furniture in a darker wood. I'm glad that I wasn't banking on converting the crib to a full, with all of the bite marks. I've heard this from others as well, although some people have escaped the standing toddler stage with pristine crib sides. I'm glad that we went with the cheap (but safe) option for the crib and are getting big boy furniture separately. I'd want to make sure that anything like a dresser could continue to be used though.

I got a convertable crib and it was a silly waste. Hunter chewed the crap out of the dark wood. I suppose if we use it in the long term we will sand and restain the portions that are chewed, but for the money we spent I would MUCH rather than bought an inexpensive crib and then bought a nice bedroom set later. Or bling for me 8)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: names the trouble is we have basically rejected *everything*. We are so picky.

What does everyone think of Harlan? We like it but wonder if two H names is too cutesy??

DH likes Travis a lot, and so do I, but our last name starts with an S and the combo is a little sibilant for my taste. But he loves it and I like it.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1299775144|2868841 said:
re: names the trouble is we have basically rejected *everything*. We are so picky.

What does everyone think of Harlan? We like it but wonder if two H names is too cutesy??

DH likes Travis a lot, and so do I, but our last name starts with an S and the combo is a little sibilant for my taste. But he loves it and I like it.
I really like the name Harlan, which was the name of a guy I knew in college. I don't think Harlan and Hunter would be too "cutesy" at all. I do think that the styles seem very different tho, if you're trying for something more cohesive. Harlan just seems older fashioned to me (8 also had a Grandpa Harley growing up), and Hunter is more of a modern name IMHO.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD, I like both Travis and Harlan. I don't think it's *cutesy* to have two names beginning with the same letter - if they rhymed or something that might be a bit much. I also think having a last name that begins with the same letter at the end of your first name flows nicely. It kind of makes it like one name - does that bother you? We struggled with our last name a lot and we finally had to just take our last name out of the equation. Our son's first name sort of rhymes with our last name but we loved the name so we went with it - no regrets!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I had a whole post written out last night and it got eaten! Grr...

Dreamer - I like Harlan. But I kind of agree with you that a name that ends with S and a last name that starts with S isn't as desirable. I mean, I won't ruin the kid's life or anything. The shortened version of my name ends with the same letter (M) that my last name starts with and said all together quickly, it sounds like one name. It's not a huge problem or anything, but since you have other options why not? Thanks so much for your description of your anterior placenta. That's EXACTLY what I've been noticing...I don't really feel much, and if anything at all it's not a flutter but a snake or something crawling across my belly, so I'm assuming it's a relatively large movement.

Skippy - yeay on 25 weeks! Sorry you had a sub in your birthing class but hopefully your regular teacher will be back soon. Congrats on passing the glucose screen too. One more milestone!

Princess - Congrats on scheduling the big ultrasound. I can't remember, are you going to find out the gender? Sorry about the two separate showers...I am having two separate ones too - one in my parents' town and one where I live now with my friends here. But those places are 10 hours apart so it's not like we could really combine.

Dee - yeay for 40 weeks! Not long now! Your nursery sounds really pretty, did you post any pictures of it?

Blenheim - thanks for the feedback on the crib. That's kind of how I was leaning...cheaper on the crib and save more for the permanent bed. But then I flip flop into thinking that I really want the nursery to be all matchy and look nice! I know that the baby won't care, but I do! Congrats on going public with the pregnancy.

Mrs - sorry about the back pain. Hope you feel better soon!

Tuckins - boo on the bedrest. Hope everything straightens out and you get off soon. How did they find out that your cervix was effaced? Did you have any symptoms?

RT - good luck on the ultrasound. Hopefully it is nothing to be concerned about!

Charbie - I have the perpetually stuffy nose too...it's worse at night so I am constantly waking up unable to breathe. Can't do the neti pot thing though. Just can't. Congrats on second tri!

Anyway, to throw a wrinkle in my nursery musings, my friend is selling this crib http://www.argington.com/Furniture.html. Cause for some reason she had two? Anyway it's probably not what I'd pick since I tend to be a little less contemporary but I do like it and it seems to be good quality for the price. And I think it would look ok with a clean-lined plain shaker-style dresser, which is what we intended to buy from the Amish store anyway. What do you think?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DD-Since I needed a distraction...:) I Nymblered your names and got some interesting ones :cheeky: I entered (Hunter, Travis, Ryder, and Harlan):

I got:

Norris
Bradley
Colton
Bronson
Rider
bridger
Logan
garland
sydney
cash
rollin
wilton
tayler
jack
burton
berton
laim
payton
owen
drake
noah
aubrey
cody
slater
ross
branson
tanner
tracy
oliver
maddox
shelton
mason
morris
hayes
york
ford
forester
james
ranger
arley
carter
ellis
jackson
jagger
knight
lincoln
maynard
jarrett
rollin
sinclair
landon
drake
mercer
tyson
tobin

and, then I got sick of nybler:) I think Harlan messed up the algorithm, b/c this is a pretty eclectic mix of old fashioned and manly-man names:)

I agree that the s-s isn't usually ideal and I like Harlan, but it is a totally different vibe than Hunter! Are you still thinking Vienna for a girl?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
And if we're talking about names, a few of our possibles:
Elliot
Ethan (?too close to DH's name - Ian)
Evan (name of someone at work, though he goes by his middle name)
Colby
Adrian (DH thinks it sounds feminine cause of Adrienne)
Riley (?girls name these days)

Middle name will be my last name, which is a common american last name ending in -er, so I don't want a name ending in -er as well...though I would otherwise like Oliver and Alexander. Last name is a typical one syllable Chinese name.

What do you all think?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hey Basil, I like your names! Some of them were on our list, too. In fact, we went with Ethan ::)

I went in to my doctor for a normal check-up... She was just doing a pelvic and noticed my cervix was "shorter" than it should be. Just a random coincidence. I actually wasn't supposed to go in till the end of this month, but we had to switch around some appointments. I think everything will be ok, but I won't know till Monday.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback!

I actually don't think of Hunter as being a particularly modern name, so it is funny you all do. We chose it in part because I think Hunter S. Thompson is a bad a$$ and I like counter culture types (though could do without the rampant drug use perhaps ;)) ). Harlan was suggested by my mom in part because it is the name of a well known science fiction writer, Harlan Ellison, who mostly wrote short stories that we both really like but also wrote for Star Trek and the Alfred Hitcock hour, among other sci fi treats. So that would be the "theme" if there was one connecting those two names -- male authors.

We have also kicked around Forrest but I worry about the whole Gump thing, and wonder if it is not masculine enough? PLus the connection with Hunter is a little cutesy (get it?). Thoughts?

Basil I like Elliot because I think a three syllable name flows well with a one syllable last name.

haha Bella! There are a few on that list we have considered, but none jump out at me. As I said, we are silly picky and names either seem too popular, too modern, too cutesy, too too too... Will you need to come up with a name for B or will you keep his name as is?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Basil-I like Elliot too!

DD-yeah I mostly thought the nymbler names were funny--Burton, um, maybe not. Forrester is pretty funny when combined with Hunter, it made me laugh at my desk! :bigsmile:

We will be giving B an American first name as well as his Ethiopian first name, keeping his other Ethiopian name as his middle name, and then our last name. B will have 4 names like his mama:) We had a quilt made for B that we :love: :love: :love: and we had his whole name embroidered on it, so it kind of feels real:)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oh, I forgot to post our names...we're still deciding if we'll share B's name online after we pass court...but...

Our fave boy names were/are (yes, I apparently have a love affair with Old Testament names :rolleyes: :cheeky: :

Elias
Samuel
Judah
Benjamin
Aaron
Ethan
William

(I also really like Justice and Beckett, but DH is like "n-o spells no!" ;)) )

Our fave girl names are:

Naima
Eleanor
Harper
Natalie
Maia
Tessa

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, I like Oscar

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I am NOT missing bump day today! lol So here it is at 29 weeks...give or take 6 weeks :rolleyes: lol
184890_615052314710_163900928_34836291_8355371_n.jpg

Just wanted to thank everyone also for the good luck wishes! I am hoping I just have some extra fluid in there since at my last appt I was measuring right on track!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Dee: Guess the countdown is on. How exciting that you KNOW you will at least be meeting your little one in just a few days, or sooner if she decides to jump ship on her own. Its great news that your cervix is favorable, so hopefully that will mean a speedy labor for you. Best of luck. Sending good labor vibes your way! We would love to see nursery pics if you are up for sharing!

Mrs: Sounds like you had a nice break in Florida. Hope the back pain resolves soon!

Tuckins: Sorry about hte bedrest! Thinking good long cervix thoughts for you. Sometimes, with a little bedrest and meds the cervix can even get some lenght back. Either way, take it easy and keep baking your little one.

RT: Nice belly shot! Thanks for getting the party started for today. Good luck with your growth u/s!

Dreamer: 22 weeks already! Does it feel like it is going by fast, faster than with Hunter? I like the name Harlan and I think it could be an interesting boy or girl name. I tend however to like really girly names or boyish names for girls. Forrester and Hunter could be an intersting combo too :) You guys are waiting to find out gender, right? I guess it makes it more challening then to pick both a boy and girl name, but the surprise is so fun. DH and I were going to do that, but I was worried that I might accidentally see at the ultrasound and he really wanted to know, so we are going to find out for this one! PS I think we need a belly shot this week!

Charbie: I feel you on the mucus over production! I have a cold right now and my sinus drainage is on OVERLOAD!

Skippy: Yay for passing your glucose test! I can just see the boys playing in there. It just makes me think of how special a twin relationship must be, starting from such an early time in the womb. You are creating something very special!

Blen: Would love to see a belly shot from you this week. Did you get the dresses from Target? How did they work out?

Princess: Good to see you back here. Sorry you are stressed about the 2 showers, but it will be 2 fun chances to celebrate your little one! Hope you are feeling better soon, and good luck with the ultrasound on Monday!

Bella: Its so exciting that things are moving forward with B. I really like Elias and Ethan.

AFM: 18 weeks today and battling a TERRIBLE cold! I am making snot like it is nobody's business and so tired. Yay for the immunosuppression of pregnancy :( I was supposed to go on a work retreat this weekend but there is no way with how I feel, and I am feeling guilty about it but the same time I have to remind myself the most important thing is that I take care of this little one. I am feeling a few more flutters and movements which is so fun. I wish DH could feel them, but hopefully soon.
We have a few names at the moment, we have agreed on 2 boys names that we both love, Preston or Cooper, but there are SO many girls names that we like it is hard to narrow it down. Guess we will know which direction to go in a week!

Happy Friday Everyone! I will get a pic posted later!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Basil - I had a posterior placenta, plus I'm on the skinny side and I still didn't feel a thing until 21 weeks - and when I did it wasn't like I'd been feeling things before and not noticing. The OB/GP/midwives all said that 20 weeks was about average for a first baby.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
random_thought|1299859683|2869572 said:
I am NOT missing bump day today! lol So here it is at 29 weeks...give or take 6 weeks :rolleyes: lol
184890_615052314710_163900928_34836291_8355371_n.jpg

Just wanted to thank everyone also for the good luck wishes! I am hoping I just have some extra fluid in there since at my last appt I was measuring right on track!

Do I really look like I am 37 weeks pregnant? I keep getting messages online saying that I look like I could have the baby any minute! Ugh I hope I don't get much bigger :(sad

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RT, I hate to break it to you but my belly expanded the most in the last six weeks. You'll survive though...I promise!

Basic, I :love: Elliott!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday Ladies!

I hope you are all enjoying your day and looking forward to the weekend. I know I sure am :bigsmile:

Random - How did the glucose test go? I am sorry about the pain you are in. But, it will end in just a few weeks, right? Then you will have to deal with a whole nother kind of pain, sleep deprivation, lol. That's kinda crazy about measuring ahead, but unfortunately, I can't really add much to that since I am a FTM mommy too. Let us know how the U/S next week goes.

Charbie - Thanks for the belly pic love. My belly feels like it is growing more every day now, so I can't imagine what it will look like in the even the next few weeks! So, have you started to fell anything yet. At first I was kinda unsure as to what I was feeling, but now I feel like it's getting more descript. I also am able to kinda feel where the bub is laying when I press on my tummy, and that always amazes me, when I am like, dang, there is a baby in there :wacko: As for the home selling, even though the open house went well, its been kinda quiet otherwise. We are hoping it was a symptom of the weather, as we have had some crazy rain and flooding the past few days. Fingers crossed that it picks up again this weekend! That is really exciting about building your dream home, please do keep us updated! As for your DH, that is too cute. :love: Oh, and good luck with the nose stuff. I think they even have a name for it, like pregnancy rhinitus or something. I am stuff a lot too, but oh well.

Skippy - Thanks for the quick house selling dust and the compliments on the belly. I am glad to hear that your glucose test went well and that you had another fun ultrasound. I bet its so nice to see your boys again. Its been almost two months since I have seen my little turtle and I can't wait! Have you guys decided on names for them past twin A and B, lol. I am sorry that you have low iron, but hopefully the pills will take care of that. Oh, and maybe an extra hamburger or two during the week :naughty:

Basil - Congrats on Team BLUE! That's so exciting to finally have a gender, so now you can get down to all the cute boy stuff, hehe. Preggo twins indeed! I do remember that we are really close in DD's and it seems like we are running pretty parallel in other aspects too, :cheeky: So, how did your open house go, any nibbles? Are you getting calls to show otherwise, or is it quiet there too. I am really hoping things pick up as the warmer weather starts to move in. As for the U/S, I am super psyched for it and the fact that my mom is coming. Yipee! Thanks for the baby bumb love. You will have to share your's too, if you would like. Btw, you are totally not alone in buying things for the nursery. We are also waiting until we know what it is before we hit the shopping spree/registry run. My DH is so looking forward to getting to run around with the scanner gun, :rolleyes: I personally like the darker woods myself, but I guess it comes down to what else your house looks like and what you want for the baby's room. That is a cute changing table too. Btw, I don't know if you knew, but Land of Nod is one of the few stores that carries U.S. made cribs and such, so something to think about. Oh, and as for the buying a used crib thing, I can't speak to the condition of this one, but that is one thing that Baby Bargins said absolutely do not buy second hand b/c of the potential risks with faulty assembly or missing screws, etc, which would make it hazardous. Just a thought. And for names, I like Ethan, Adrian and Evan.

Modern - Yes, I am very excited that mom gets to come up for the U/S, but DH will definitely be there too. He missed the NT scan, which I was thrilled about, so there is NO WAY he is allowed to miss this one. And he really does want to come too, since we will be finding out the gender and he can finally see the little bugger :naughty: Thanks for the house vibes, hopefully all these happy thoughts will make their way over to me. That's crazy about your scare on Sunday. I think we had the exact same thing. That all overtightening and general uncomfortableness really freaked me out. But, I am happy to hear that all was well on Monday. So, how did you scan go with your mom? Did she love seeing her little grandbaby? Any guess on the gender, or are you going to wait it out till the later scan? Btw, what day is your scan on? Mine is Tuesday, so maybe we will find out the same day :bigsmile: Btw, I really like both those names. I like Preston a lot for a potential boy but my DH vetod it.

Deelight - Sorry to hear that the LO has not come yet, but it definitely sounds like she is getting ready! Besides, if she hangs in there till your sister comes, I think that will be nice too. That's great that your sister is able to come and share that with you, so hopefully baby will be kind enough to oblidge her, hehe. It sounds like everything is coming together really well for the nursery. I bet that is so cool to see it all in there and know that in just a few days, there will be a baby in there, crazy :o To answer your question, yes, this is the anatomy/gender scan, so its pretty big. Also, thanks for the belly pic love. Btw, OMG, I love the wrist rattle idea. You MUST take some pics in those outfits once she is out :halo:

Tuckins - Good grief, what do you ladies have in the water over there? You might want to caution all the single ladies to bring in their own beverages, :lol: I am sorry to hear about the bed rest right now, but hopefully it won't be a full time thing. Fingers crossed for you and your LO!

Princess - Sorry you are so bogged down right now, but hopefully it will get better soon. Sorry about the cold too, what a bummer. As for the baby showers, the split familes can be a pain in the tushie, but try to think of it positively, like that is the less you have to buy b/c more people will hopefully take care of them for you. Btw, LOTS OF LUCK on your U/S on Monday. We can't wait to hear what you've got cookin in there!

Mrs - Aw, thanks for the love. And happy belated birthday! Glad to hear it was nice. It sounds like you had a great trip to Florida. Where are you parents living? My whole family is in SoFl. I don't think I will be able to make it all the way down there before the baby b/c I have some other work and personal trips, but I get the next best thing with my mum coming up here. That's too funny that you, me and Modern all have our scans next week. I think it will be really nice if you can reschedule for the IL's though. Good luck with that. I hope you have a lovely birthday party for your DD!

Puffy - I never really seen any updates on you, but you seem to check on all of us, so hi, how you doing over there? I hope all is well!

Dreamer - Glad to hear all is well with you lady. 22 weeks already eh? You will be in the third trimester before you know it! As for the boy names, that is our biggest hurdle too, and I am hoping we won't have to worry about that, but we'll see on Tuesday. I like Harlan, though that might be subject to a couple questions about whether he is a boy or a girl (based on name alone) I think Travis is pretty nice, so if you can get over the S hump, perhaps that could work?

Blen - Congrats on coming out about the pregnancy! As for belly shots, where is your latest? I bet you look adorable ;))

Bella - Glad to see you in here, especially since you are "expecting" your little one soon too! As for the names, I really like all of them save Samuel and William, only becuase you know they will get shortened almost immediately, but if you are cool with that, then that's good too.

AFM - The belly is definitley growing now, I feel like more everyday! Thank goodness for maternity clothes though. So, this weekend/early week should be really exciting as my mom is coming in late Saturday night and then it's the BIG reveal on Tuesday, woohoo! Otherwise, work is finally beginning to slow down to a tolerable level and I feel like I can breathe again. Things with the house are kinda slow right now, but we are hoping they will pick up soon. Besides that, I am just trucking along and looking forward to perhaps starting to build a registry in the next couple weeks. Yeah for baby shopping! Alright, well I need to finish some stuff at work now, but I hope everyone has a lovely Friday and great weekend. Till then, take care!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how I did on the glucose test yet. I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday evening to discuss the results of the ultrasound. I have a feeling she'll just tell me then, but I really hope the baby isn't larger because of GD :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results