shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HOU!!!!! What an incredible story and beautiful girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our little princesses are here!!!!!!!!!! Wowowowowowow, she is really an angel!

Skippy!!!!! You will be GREAT! I feel like God never gives us more than we can handle. OK, I know I was crawling around in the newborn thread telling scary tales but I know you will be fine!!! Hehehe. Truly. The part I didn't emphasize enough is that even while it's tough, there is always always joy in it. I think your friends should be supportive because what they say does matter. And you're sensitive to everything since this is all new and special for you. Maybe she was just expressing her own struggles and projecting them onto you! You will do GREAT! Besides, you will be so excited every moment to see their little faces and smell their little snugglies, you probably will sail through the first few weeks! Twins! Double blessing!!!

Deelight... sorry people can be so daft. I got the "You are ENORMOUS" comments when I was in my last week. It surprised me how much it stung because I know I was carrying a big ole belly!!! I was a whale! I think people meant that I was big compared to what I was before, which was insanely dramatic. Maybe they're just not used to seeing you preggo! Still, people should just keep those comments to themselves. NO ONE will judge you for having a bigger than average baby! Heck, anyone should be delighted with a nice healthy sized infant! It means the baby is healthy and thriving! What could be better? You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Tuckins - glad to hear everything is measuring correctly! Maybe Baby Ethan will be a gymnast someday...I love that name, BTW. It's one of the ones DH and I are considering for a boy but it may be too close in sound to DH's name (Ian). But we can't decide if that matters really, cause I like the way DH's name sounds :bigsmile:

Skippy - that's so cool that your birthing class is so helpful and so funny that everyone is having boys! Happy Sunday to you too! You're really glowing in your photo!

Dee - no worries about being emotional...it's an emotional time, not just because of the hormones but because these are big changes coming up and it's stressful! People really should know to keep their mouths shut about people's size, etc., around pregnancy. I mean, no one would feel it was polite to comment on whether you were "huge" or "tiny" otherwise! And it is really unimportant if your baby is 6 lbs or 9 lbs when they are born...they will be healthy and beautiful and that's all that matters. And, you are not a "nutter" - though I love that word and I may start using it!

Hou - thanks so much for sharing your story! Sounds like everything went as smoothly as can be expected...and Ellie is just beautiful! Gorgeous, mamma! :love:

Catluver - OMG, cutest belly shot EVER! Thanks for sharing your story and your little one is just so precious! Congratulations!

RT - congrats on telling your boss and I'm impressed you kept it a secret so long!

Blen - I'm not tall, but maternity shopping is way more frustrating than regular shopping. It seems like everything fits so weird, at least on me. Except for dresses, those fit fine. I thought the under-the-belly pants would be great, but I can't keep them from falling down and exposing my belly/behind, even with a long tank and a bella band. So I got some over the belly ones and those can't fall down, but they always seem so feel like they are and I don't really want the panel part exposed so I feel like I am still tugging them up all the time. Only on those kind, there's kind of nothing to tug at! It's weird. I think I'm just going to live in dresses the rest of my pregnancy...

Puffy - yeay for the weekly U/s! Those are so fun!

DC - Oh, we are trying to sell our condo too. It is Such A Pain. We didn't even do all the work you did - just cleaning and throwing out junk. But I am not a neatnick to begin with so keeping everything spic and span is difficult for me. Not that I'm a total slob but I can't even leave my toothbrush/hairbrush on the counter and I have to make my bed every morning and put away my books etc. I just want it done and overwith so we can move on. I swear, I'm about to take any offer someone makes! Are you planning to buy another place? A house?

Mrs - congratulations on team blue! Yeay!

Anyway, hanging in there and turned 18 weeks today. I feel like if I lay on my stomach and concentrate I can feel little flutters which I assume must be the baby but they are pretty slight right now. And I can't feel them any other times. Other than that, my back has been bothering me a bit - I assume my posture has changed or something? And I've been getting heartburn, which luckily Zantac and Tums seem to help with.

I feel like we've been "ignoring" the baby a little bit the past few weeks...with everything going on with my job and selling the condo etc, we haven't been thinking about it much. And then I got a flat tire on Friday AM in the dark and in the rain so that was big drama. I think once we have our scan next week and we'll know if it's a boy or girl we'll be able to move forward and think about it more as a reality. Either that or we'll start panicking! Cause we have no furniture, no clothes, no nothing! I was way better prepared for my wedding at this stage of the game...Except I bought an Ergo carrier when it was on sale at babysteals. Even if our baby hates it, it turns out that my dog LOVES riding around in it :bigsmile:

Anyway, here's me at 18 weeks:

18weeksme.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Basil, we like it too. ::)

Hope all is well with you!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Dee: Sorry about the annoying comments. People can be so insensitive. You are growing a beautiful healthy baby in there and you have carried her to term giving her the best shot at being healthy. I know it is hard, but you have to ignore all of the crazies out there who think they know better. I was working with a supervising doc last week who I had met 1 time before, who was like, "you are looking nice and more plump this week." It was so irritating first off b/c I don't even know her, and I had not even gained a pound by last week. I think people just want their opinions heard, and sometimes with the prego belly people think it is ok to say stuff. I am hoping you are feeling better and basking in the last few weeks of your prego glow.

Skippy: Sounds like you really lucked out with childbirth class! That is funny about the all boy group, are you the only one with twins? I am sure your friend meant no harm and of course there will be difficult times but it will be so worth it!

Basil: You look great! 18 weeks already :appl: Don't worry about not being ready, you have plenty of time and surely showers and gifts to get everything you need.

AFM: I feel like I am starting to "pop" a little bit at 16 weeks 3 days today, there is definately a rounder shape to my belly. We also got the results from our sequential screen back, SUPER low risk so that is a relief. We also have our anatomy scan scheduled for March 18th and we are so excited. I think we are going to have a house full of baby stuff waaaay to soon! This weekend, we went to a flower and garden show, and of all things, ended up buying the cutest interactive baby books. Last year we came home with plants and seeds, but clearly this year we have something else on the brain!

Hope all is well!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Dee- please try to overlook the stupid things that people say!! As long as you are healthy and baby is healthy, then everything is ok. How much weight you gain and the way that you gain it is something that varies from person to person. Nobody's pregnancy is exactly like anyone else's. Wishing you a happy healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Cat, how adorable!

Hou - Thank you for sharing, even though failed epidural stories always make me cringe! Ouch! You sound like you did great, and she is adorable.

It turns out that Target does have a couple office-appropriate maternity dress options that are online only, and so I ordered them to see how they do. (Appropriate for my office, but not appropriate for an office with a business rather than business casual dress code.) Fingers crossed!

With George, my belly continually got bigger and I didn't have that easing off between the bloat and the actual belly that so many people talk about, but it's actually happened this time! I am a teensy bit smaller than I was about two weeks ago, but it's still noticeably there if I'm not dressing carefully and if you know me and what my belly usually looks like. I think I look about like I did this time with George. I also have a feeling that I'm going to be able to wear regular clothing a little bit longer, as I started off about 10 lbs lighter. I think I'm dressing smarter this time though - I've started sharing with selected people, and they have all seemed surprised, which is much different than 11ish weeks with George.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!
Im excited to jump over here, im finally 12 weeks! Ill write to everyone soon, but wanted to share some awfully sad news I received this evening. Its never fun to share something like this since we mostly get to share the joys of pregnancy and childbirth, but sometimes a dose of reality just makes me so grateful for each day I wake up...whether with morning sickness or sore boobies...
I just found out an old coworker of DHs is going to lose her baby now at about 20 weeks. She and her DH are often on opposite sides of the globe, (they both are here from Japan), so getting pregnant was a miracle. But the baby is suffering from multicystic dysplastic kidneys...which is lethal in this case as her baby's kidneys simply don't function (or exist). They found out at the anatomy scan. It is rare and chances of occurance is 1:4300, but extremely rare for it to effect both kidneys and cause for no kidney function. My heart breaks for her, and I can't even imagine her heartache. It just reminds me that this whole process is so fragile and never to take one second of being pregnant forgranted.
We used to live in the same city and actually played on softball and volleyball teams together, so I know her pretty well. I just pray foor her to have strength bc I don't know how could go through what she's going through right now.
Give your bumps an extra little pat tonight :halo:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Ladies thank you so much for your kind words and support - you all really made me feel a lot better, I am happy to report I am feeling A LOT better I think it just worried me having such a stint of down days and it really threw me for 6 as it has been a long time where I have allowed myself to feel like that - turns out the hormones and a little over protective mamma bearness were to blame and I am feeling much better and back to the usual scheduled programing :).

Skippy Glad you liked your BC I seriously thought mine were fantastic and well worth the money spent - after completing the course I felt more mentally prepared and finally at peace with the whole pushing out a baby process - I was on the opposite spectrum and did mine late but I would have liked to have do them earlier around 27ish weeks as the information would have been handy to know sooner :). I hope they do a massage component soon - seriously that is the best part - make your DH practice lots and lots I mean you want to get right before the night you know ;-)

Tuckins Glad your scan went well :)

Bliss Your post in the NB thread was fantastic - I think it is so great to have people talk about these things - makes you realise your not alone and others feel that way :). Your little M reminds me of the baby we saw at the hospital when we had our classes - both Dh and I were in love and were like we hope our baby is as beautiful she is just perfection :)

Basil You look fantastic :) not long now till you find out which team I reckon that is the best time in the whole pregnancy hopefully bubba co-operates and they get a good shot :). Don't worry about being unprepared you will get there trust me :) I am near the end we still have not bought a cot (crib) (my sister has asked we do not get these things until she arrives as she wants to be involved LOL) we have a bassinet, no change table and have not finished the nursery (she will be spending the first few months in with us :))

When you have your ultrasound you may be able to feel the movements better - when you can see them on the screen and the US tech prods you - they can sort of be felt under the wandy thing for me it helped identify what I was feeling better :).

Modern YAY for the scan :) do you have a feeling either way? and congrats on the super low risk results it helps you relax just that little bit more :). YAY for popping as well it is a nice feeling :D

Blen GL with the Target clothes :)

Charbie Welcome to the thread and congrats for 12wks - my heart, thoughts and prayers are with your friend to come so far and to be told that would just be unimaginable at any time during a pregnancy it would be hard to be told bad news, not sure what to say but I am so sad for her and her DH :(.

38wks 4 days - EVICTION NOTICE HAS BEEN SERVED :) If the little one is not here by the 17th of March we will proceed with an induction, the OB gave me a choice between 39wks or later as I said I was worried about her getting to big and I asked him what he would recommend and he stated later is better. I am hoping we don't have to go the induction route but it is there if need be :).

Told the OB I hope she comes tomorrow - got told no chance (seriously munchkin prove him wrong :razz:) she is moving down lower but she is taking her sweet time must be comfortable - what a surprise :razz: I feel like she keeps trying to break out of my side and I keep telling her if she wants to come out go down

I asked about he induction process and essentially they will do an exam (never had one of these before so really not looking forward to it ) at my next appointment to see if my cervix is favourable if it is I will go in on the 17th and they will rupture the waters and go from there if not I will be admitted the night before and they will insert a cervical ripener - sounds like fun :razz: I really hope she comes naturally as I said but I will have my little girl within 16 days at the latest :D

Eeeek it is all happening - as fun as pregnancy has been I am starting to get over it but I am kinda sad that it will end

On another positive note - nursery has been painted - looks fantastic and MIL is making the CUTEST owl bedspread for the cot (which we have not bought haha) and matching curtains - they will be white with owl decals - I can't wait to post pics once it is done :D

Hope all you ladies are well :)

P.S YAY it is the first day of Autumn summer be gone already :)

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Happy Tuesday ladies!

Skippy--that's pretty cool your birthing class is 5 weeks. Ours was all day long on a Sunday and that's it. I kind of wished it was longer.

Catluver--that is one of the most adorable pictures I have seen yet. So cute!

Basil-- you look adorable :)

Modern--yay for the "popping"! It's nice when it starts showing so everyone else knows too ;-)

Tuckins---good news on the scan :)

Deelight--good news on the eviction, you get to hold your baby soon! At the same time, I'm sure it's nerve wrecking. Hang in there, maybe the baby will just decide to come out without assistance? I don't like the sound of that "cervix ripener"...whatever that is :errrr:

AFM, we signed up for a newborn class at the hospital. DH has never taken care of an infant or changed a diaper before so we thought that class would be a good idea. And of course, I don't know everything ::). We had dinner with the Lord Mayor of Westminster on Sunday at a really nice restaurant in the city. He is awfully young, wasn't expecting it. I bought a Isabel Oliver wrap dress to wear for the evening and was pretty sure "the girls" were out in full force. DH thought it was great that he caught the LM eyeing the boobs...men :rolleyes:

As for the dinner with the catty ladies, it went ok. A--the one that just got pregnant, asked me when I felt the baby. I told her right around 16 weeks. Which I think upset her cause she is almost there and has not felt the baby yet. I was also alittle puzzled cause she said she was 4 months along but by calculation she is about 3.5. So I told her that it might be early and that everyone is different. Not really sure that soothed her. Either way, I played nice and just minded my own business. I generally just ignored her when she was trying to lecture me on what to eat and what to do...after all, I'm almost done being preggo anyways! My general feeling is that you can read all the books that you want and take the approach you want for your pregnancy but you don't have to force those thoughts and believes onto others.

Well, that about does it for me. Our shower is two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Hope everyone is doing well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
double post. ops

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
eta: sorry for the double post.

BLISS, you know, I feel exactly like you on god never giving us more than we can handle!!! I am glad you posted what it is like to be a momma the first month or so. I think we should be honest. One PS'er in the preggo thread was so honest it was refreshing and I appreciated it big time and felt comfort from not feeling alone in my feelings. I think we do a disservice to women by not telling it all. I remember there was a Oprah show years ago about women telling the honest truth on motherhood, and people embraced that show big time! People said they no longer felt so alone in their feelings. hug beautiful friend and hugs to adorable M. I look forward to reading your advice when I join the momma thread! I do feel like I was have a double blessing, thank you sweetie!!!

BASIL, aw, awesome belly pic; you look fabulous!!! Yay to feeling movement! You do feel changes in your body and that is when I felt heartburn but then I started eating smaller meals. I am sorry about the heartburn and hope it gets better. Yay for 18 weeks!!

MODERN, post a pic; yay for your belly popping a little!!! Glad your scans went well, awesome! aw, that is wonderful on the books! Yay for 16 weeks!

BLEN, I didn't have too much easing off w/bloat then preggo belly. I needed maternity jeans at 10 weeks I think? I can't remember exactly though. It is interesting how each pregnancy is different! That is great you found some clothes!!

CHARBIE, I am so glad you joined us; woohoo for 12 weeks, awesome!!!! aw, I am so sorry about your friend. hugs

DEE, glad you are feeling better, hugs. Yay for the room being painted; that is awesome!! Yay also for having an eviction plan. It will be soon; I can't believe how fast it has gone! yay for baby girl on her way. woohoo! I so agree w/you on the birthing class being awesome and worth it! Oh I don't know if they do massage; maybe I will suggest it. teehe ;-)

CUPCAKE, I am glad you let the goofy comments from your friend roll off your back. You look fabulous so I don't think for a second you need to worry about what you are eating. Yay for a newborn class; keep us posted on that. I need to take that one too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM, A sweet DEAR PS friend of mine surprised me and sent me the cutest cutest outfits from Janie and Jack for my twins today. I was so touched by her generosity and love!!!! :halo: It also made me super excited to imagine being able to dress them in these outfits. hehe :bigsmile:

The weather has been beautiful so I have been going on walks. Walking I notice feels so good for the lower back and helps stretch those muscles out.

Oh before I forget I am suppose to do my GLUCOSE SCREEN test but I am not sure what I am suppose to do. Not eat before hand for an hour?? :confused: The doc just told me go for this test this week or next. Thanks in advance for any tips!!!

Happy TUESDAY beautiful preggos! :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy With the gflucose screen they say it does not matter if you eat or not, but I personally plan to go in fasting in the morning. This is because last time I went in about an hour after eating a breakfast of cereal, and perhaps not surprisingly failed the screen test because my sugars were higher than the average expected (which is averaged accross all women some who ate and some who did not etc). So I would suggest either fasting or not eating for 4 hours before. If you have GD your sugars will cause a fail on the screen in those conditions, but they make it less likely you will fail the screen if you do not have GD. The screen is very conservative, catching about 23% of pregnant women, when only 3% max have GD, so about 20% of women will fail the screen and pass the diagnostic test. I personally prefer not to be one of those 20% because it is stressful to worry.

You also asked about jogging with the city mini. No way! It is not a jogger at all. Such a great all purpose lighter weight stroller, but not at all in the league of the BOB.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1299024825|2862510 said:
Skippy With the gflucose screen they say it does not matter if you eat or not, but I personally plan to go in fasting in the morning. This is because last time I went in about an hour after eating a breakfast of cereal, and perhaps not surprisingly failed the screen test because my sugars were higher than the average expected (which is averaged accross all women some who ate and some who did not etc). So I would suggest either fasting or not eating for 4 hours before. If you have GD your sugars will cause a fail on the screen in those conditions, but they make it less likely you will fail the screen if you do not have GD. The screen is very conservative, catching about 23% of pregnant women, when only 3% max have GD, so about 20% of women will fail the screen and pass the diagnostic test. I personally prefer not to be one of those 20% because it is stressful to worry.

You also asked about jogging with the city mini. No way! It is not a jogger at all. Such a great all purpose lighter weight stroller, but not at all in the league of the BOB.

Dreamer, great to see you; how are you? Thank you about the jogger and the glucose screen; that great info helps me out big time. :halo: Okay I will do it first thing in the morning. I wasn't sure when was a good time to do it so that helps too, thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy123|1299025814|2862524 said:
Dreamer_D|1299024825|2862510 said:

Dreamer, great to see you; how are you? Thank you about the jogger and the glucose screen; that great info helps me out big time. :halo: Okay I will do it first thing in the morning. I wasn't sure when was a good time to do it so that helps too, thanks!

I'm good! Just got back from a family "vacation" from which I now need a vacation. I am glad to be home and back at work ;)) I failed the screen as passed the diagnostic test so that is why I knew that stuff, I read up on it at the time.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in quickly to say that I completely agree with Dreamer about fasting before the Glucose test. My OB told me to fast so I did. When I went in for the bloodwork, the lab tech asked me if I fasted and I told her yes. She said "oh I am so glad because a lot of doctors don't have people fast and MANY of the ladies end up failing because of it" She said that a ton of people fail on the first test and then go on to pass the next test with flying colors and she believed it had to do with the fasting/not fasting.

Hope everyone is doing well! :wavey:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Cupcake I agree with you 100% on the viewpoint sharing :) at the end of the day as a preggo I think doing what you know is right is good and being comfortable with your choices :). My OB I think had the best advice when it came to pregnancy - it is a beautiful time just relax and enjoy it, he is also very lax on the eating of certain foods - essentially common sense prevails :).

The cervical ripener is a gel they insert to get you to start dilating before they try picotion to make induction more successful or so what I have been explained so far I find out more about these wonders on Monday LOL - I am sure others will be able to explain this better then I can.

GL with the classes :) like I said before I really enjoyed the class I did it helped me feel more confident about the impending process :)

Skippy Awww that is so sweet what a lovely gift :), as for the glucose test I was told not to fast beforehand and I didn't however when I got there the lady who took my blood made a big deal about the fact I didn't fast and nearly refused to take the test - I stood my ground as I really did not have another time I could get it done - I passed with flying colours and I ate lunch literally just before I had the test -however in saying that I know what my usual blood sugar numbers are and they were elevated from my usual standard so if you were borderline I could see where it would push you over the edge and cause a fail - so if your worried I would say fast :).

Dreamer :wavey: hope you had a nice holiday :)

Nothing much for me to add - still preggo I keep getting weird sensations like stabbing in my lower abdomen and V V - that do not feel like nerve pain and it feels like she is wiggling down - but then who knows. I have had a few period like cramps and some back pain and other symptoms but she seems content to stay put little bugger - maybe tomorrow will be the day :razz: - I have a feeling I will go in for exam next week and they will tell me that I am not dilated and she is not making any progress LOL.

I may regret saying this later when I am sleep deprived but I am sick of waiting this is really the most annoying bit of pregnancy (well for me it has been) - there is something to be said to working longer if you can I feel like I have not been working for 6mths and it has only been 2.5 weeks :o sadly enough I miss work (the nanna naps are good though) think I am going a bit stir crazy atm LOL.

I would also love the fluid retention to bugger off - my ring fingers on each hand now feel like I have developed arthritis oh well should go after she arrives *hint little one hint*

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy: I wasn't told to fast before the 1 hour glucola test...but I was told no carbs the morning of the test...they said to eat eggs or something like that...no cereal. I was told to fast before the three hour glucola though.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and that you are making it through the week ok. I am continuing my crazy work schedule, but I think there may be a light at the end of the tunnel in the coming week or two, so that is keeping me going :wink2: As for all the happenings over here...

Random - Congrats on reaching the third trimester! I'm sure it will fly by now. I'm glad to hear everything is good with work too. I am sorry about the death in your family and the illness. I hope that your relative gets better soon.

Skippy - Aw, thanks for the offer to help. I managed to get a good amount done before my hubby came home though, so that was good. Yes, new clothes are definitley a lot of fun, and they show off my bump nicely :bigsmile: I know I owe you guys a pic, but my DH and I just haven't stopped long enough with getting the house ready to download the pics, but I will try to get it up this weekend. Btw, you look fabulous in your pic! Even more so since you have two little guys in there. Keep up the good baking :cheeky: As for the birth class, that sounds really great. I am glad that both you and your DH are getting something out of it.

Blen - Congrats on getting to 11 weeks. It is really moving by quickly, eh? As for the two stores, I am not sure about the ownership, but if you want to check out Pea there is one in Pentagon City Mall, if you feel like a lunch shopping break, hehe. As I mentioned, they are kinda pricey, but they had a fair amount of stuff on sale, so it worked out ok. I am not in love with the work pants I bought from Motherhood, but their tops seem to be really cute, and even if they don't hold up so long, they were all around $20-$25 bucks, so I can live with that. As for putting the house for sale, yeah, its kinda a PITA but I figure its better to do it now rather than once we have the baby, b/c with all the cleaning, etc we have been doing, I can't imagine it would ever get this clean once all the baby furniture is in there. We are trying to move to the place I mentioned before but that is not exactly public knowledge right now, so I am keeping mention of that on the DL. But, we are hoping that things will move quickly. I will keep you up to date though.

Catluver - That pic is just precious. I love the kangaroo look, :tongue:

Houie - Thanks for coming back to share your birth story. It sounds like quite an ordeal with all the back and forth b/t the hospital and home, but it seems like the labor itself was not horrible. I also must say I :love: little Ellie in her dress, how cute! The milk comma looking smile is quite adorable too. I can't beleive she is already 5.5 weeks old, but I guess time flies, right? Take care of you two and I will see you soon in the NB thread.

Deelight - I am so sorry you are feeling all emotional and sad about people judging you. I wish I could say people aren't like that or they won't do it, but some people are just mean and need to put others down to make themselves feel better. And while its probably not a good idea to go all militant on some dumb people, I think speaking up for yourself every now and then should hopefully keep some people quiet. What I can say is that this a judge-free zone, and should you need a sanity check, we are here to help you. I think you are doing just fine for you and your baby and try not to let those annoying people get into your head. Either way, if you need someone to set people straight, just let me know, and I will get your back! ;)) As for your LO's arrival, I hope she gets the notice in there and decides to make her arrival soon. Eitehr way, it sounds like things in her room will be lovely when she does arrive. Good luck in your last few days of baking!

Basil - Congrats on hitting 18 weeks. Can you beleive we are almost half way there? It's really gone by pretty quickly! I think I am starting to feel the baby too. I can't tell what it is yet, but I know when turtle is moving around. As for the back pain, I get it to, but it seems to be aggravated when I do a lot of bending, cleaning, etc, so maybe yours is correlated to longer days in the hospital? As for prepping for the LO, I don't think you are alone with the no baby gear yet. We have gotten nada yet, nor have we registered for anything. I agree with you though that once we find out turtle's sex, we can begin the whole process of getting gear. Yeah, the house selling is a serious pain in the tush, and we just got it listed yesterday, lol. But, I think that prepping it, as far as getting rid of the junk, and staging it, like half emptying the closets and packing away the knick knacks and stuff has definitley been the hardest part. I don't think we will have too hard of a go keeping it clean now, since we aren't planning on buying anything or doing anything else now to the place. So hopefully, it will just be a matter of breaking out the vaccuum and swiffer once or twice a week. I actually am glad we cleaned up the place a bit, b/c now when we move, there is less to pack up and go through, so that's good. As far as where we want to go, we are looking to build a place, but before that can happen, we will be renting a townhouse or house in the same neighborhood we want to build in. That way, when our new house is ready, the move should be pretty easy and we don't have to worry about trying to show a house with a baby in it :bigsmile:

Modern - Congrat on the good scan results and getting to 16 weeks and yeah for baby bumps! I have my anatomy scan about 3 days before you, so it will be a very exciting week around here.

Charbie - Welcome to the Preggo thread, its lovely to have you here! As for your friend, that is just awful news. I will definitely keep her and her baby in my thoughts and prayers. Things like that though do make you pause to appreciate what you have though.

Cupcake - Oh, that NB class sounds like a good idea. I think I might have to do one of those with DH as he has not done any real baby related stuff either. That's also pretty funny about the Lord Mayor guy. I guess politicians are all types... :Up_to_something: As far as those caddy friends, they don't sound like they were getting any better. In fact, now that the other girl is preggo, it sounds like she is even worse than before. Oh well, hopefully you can lean on another group of friends b/c that group sounds kinda self absorbed. That's very exciting about your shower coming up soon though. I hope you have a lovely time and get some great baby goodies!

Dreamer - Sorry the vaca was a bit stressful, but glad to have you back here.

AFM - Well, we continued to clean/stage the house all weekend once my DH got back and the house looks amazing (if I may say so myself, lol). I really couldn't imagine getting the house looking so good when there is baby stuff everywhere, so I am happy that we are doing this before the baby comes. Let's just hope it sells before then... :-o Otherwise, DH and I are looking forward to some quality time this weekend as his b-day is on Friday and we won't have to clean or do anything to the house this weekend, ahhhh! In baby news, I will be 18 weeks tomorrow, so almost half way there. Wow, this pregnancy is just flying by! I also have my anatomy scan in less than weeks, so that is VERY exciting! Well, I best be getting back to my work here so that I can begin to crawl out of the abyss of stuff to do. I hope everyone has a lovely week and I will speak with you all soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the glucose screen info; I knew if I asked all of you would know!!! thanks a million. I will make sure I am fasting and do it first thing in the morning so I don't have to retake the test (fingers crossed). :))

DREAMER, glad you went on vacation but sorry you need a vacation from the vacation. Thanks for the info. Hope you get a little time to relax now that you are back; we missed you!!!

LIZZYANN, hi sweetheart, thanks for the info!!!

DEE, aw, I hope the swelling goes down soon. I noticed at week 10 my left foot started swelling; it is weird,it is bigger than my right one still. lol I am sure it will go down after being preggo. Yay for baby moving her way down; go baby go baby go baby!!! :D Do the baby move into position cheer. heehe Aw, these next few weeks will be super exciting; I hope it flies. Glad you are napping. thanks for the info!

DCGATOR, wow, you are super busy; I bet your hubby appreciates all your hard work!!! I bet your house does look fabulous. Fingers and toes crossed it sells soon! Happy bday to your DH and yay for a relaxing weekend and 18 weeks!!!! woot woot! Looking forward to your pic when things settle a bit.

TAOV, thank you for popping in w/that great info!!! How are you?

TIFFANYTWISTED, how are you?? Just thinking of you; hope you and the twins are great!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~ Hubby has something going on tonight so I am doing more cleaning; we have several closets we are cleaning out. Hubby has this idea the babies will go in the biggest room besides our bedroom so now we are trying to rid ourselves of stuff and it has been a challenge. I rather put the babies in the smaller room so we don't have this problem, oh well, it probably will be a good thing as they need a bigger room when they get bigger and we won't have to do this twice.

Happy Hump day!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I have my Glucose test on Tuesday night this coming week and my doctor didn't tell me to fast, just said I would have the test and then have my rhogam shot. Do you recommend fasting? If so, for how long?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Catluver, congratulations and welcome to Baby C! :appl: :wavey: Thank you for posting your story. You poor thing – I can’t believe you had to labor in triage so long without pain meds. :o I am glad to hear that you are recovering well and that your milk came in. I adore your 40w4d belly shot – cutest belly shot ever! What a handsome little guy!

Modernsparkler, glad to hear you had a good time in Cabo. I’m drooling over the guacamole. Daily ice cream will help provide calcium, and we preggos need plenty of calcium since the little ones leach it from our bones. You don’t want to eat junk food just to get calories, but try adding more lean meat and dairy products to your diet. More fruits and veggies are always good for the nutrition, but don’t add a lot of calories.

Mrs., congratulations on having a boy! :appl: One of each is great. We would have liked to have a son too, but we are stopping with 2 girls. I hope you have a great visit with your parents. What is up with our toddlers not STTN?! Don’t they know how desperately we need sleep? ;)) Have you been talking with your daughter about being a big sister? Ours doesn’t seem that excited, but we are not talking about it much because 4 months is still along time from her perspective.

DCgator, we sold our house last year, so I know how stressful that process can be. I was glad we weren’t on the market too long, because getting up early every day to straighten up “just in case” was a huge pain. I hope you will get a good offer quickly. Have you already found a new place?

Random-thought, I am so sorry to hear about the death in your family. Congrats on reaching the third trimester and your boss reacting well to the news of your pregnancy! :appl: I am surprised you could keep it a secret that long.

Skippy, love the pic! You still look pretty small for 23 weeks and 2 in there! Glad to hear your birthing classes were so informative.

Puffy, yay for 32 weeks! :appl:

Blenheim, I am also having trouble finding “career” appropriate mat clothes. What the mat stores call career clothes are not appropriate for my career. They are too short and too informal. Yay for 11 weeks! :appl:

HOU, those pictures of Ellie are so adorable – what a cutie pie! Sorry to hear about the problems with your epidural, but great short push time!

Deelight, sending you a big hug. You are not crazy! Stress and hormone induced melt downs are not unusual! I cannot believe anyone would comment negatively on the size of your baby :angryfire: – larger babies usually STTN sooner. We had lunch on Sunday with a cousin who was in town for a conference and one of her friends came along. This lady asked when I was due, and when I told her June, she said I look really big for being due in June and I must be having a big baby! WTF! Since when is it appropriate to tell a woman she is large! (This lady wasn’t exactly svelte herself.) I know I am bigger than I was at 24 weeks with my first, and I feel like a big cow – I don’t need people telling me I am big. Your little one is gong to be here so soon now! LOL re the eviction notice. I went three rounds with the cervical ripener – not unpleasant, just boring to wait for it to work.

Tuckins, glad to hear that Baby Ethan is on track for size and your glucose is normal! :appl: I can just picture him doing flips in there!

Basil, congrats on 18 weeks! :appl: You look great! You still have plenty of time to get ready.

Charbie, congrats on reaching 12 weeks! :appl: I am so sorry to hear what your friend is going through. That would be devastating news at any time, but by 20 weeks you think you are “safe.”

Cupcake, LOL re the LM eyeing the girls. I hope you have a great time at your shower.

AFM, I am supposed to have the glucose test next week. I am scheduled at 3 pm (right after my OB appt), so completely fasting is not an option, and they did not tell me to do so. The nurse did warn me not to have juice, pancakes with syrup or anything else sugary to eat that morning.

I am feeling guilty that DH and I are sort of ignoring this pregnancy so far. Of course, I know I am pregnant – the belly and kicks provide regular reminders, and I am taking my vitamins, trying to eat healthy, and going to all my appointments, but this pregnancy is just not at the top of my mind like the first one was. With A, everything was new and scary and exciting. I spent tons of time doing research and shopping, and DH and I talked regularly about what it would be like to have a baby. This time, it’s like “been there, done that.” There isn’t much I need to research, and we have very little to buy. We are consumed with the stresses of our jobs, the house remodel and dealing with a very willful 2-year-old. I assume when she arrives, it will be love at first sight again and the excitement will kick in, but I feel bad that we are just not feeling that way now. We probably should have delayed this pregnancy by 4-6 months to deal with other life issues first.

geri

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone

Just wanted to pop in and say:

Catluver - congrats on baby C. That photo is just the cutest! See you over in the NB thread!

Deelight - so close now, a maximum of 2 weeks till you meet your bubba! I hear you on wanting the pregnancy to be over at the end. The early days with bubba are hard but totally worth it. Look forward to hearing when the bubba comes.

Not to scare anyone but I agree with Bliss that the early weeks are challenging. I thought I had some idea of what we were in for based on friends with kids but I really wasn't prepared, and I'm not sure you can be. We have had feeding issues and Claudia can be very hard to settle to sleep so some days it is quite relentless. Even her doting grandmother described her as a nightmare yesterday! But there are good days too and I am just trying to take each day as it comes and enjoy the good moments. In the end, they are so sweet and adorable and so helpless that you forget the bad moments pretty quickly! Here is a picture of our little munchkin at nearly 5 weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Claudia - 4w7d.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, she's so beautiful!!!!! I can't believe it's already been 5 weeks!

Sorry I haven't added much to the boards lately--I feel pretty lame for not posting more.

30 days left for me!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Dee: Hope your feeling a little bit of early labor! Fingers crossed for you. I *think* it is a girl in there, but who knows. I had a really vivid dream that my grandmother who has passed away gave me a huge bouquet of pink roses and my mom is convinced that means it will be a girl, but we shall see. I am super excited either way. Can't wait to see pics of your nursery!

Cupcake: Glad the dreaded meeting went well. Very exciting to be signing up for classes. DH has barely held a baby, let alone change a diaper so I think we will be doing some of those classes as well.

Skippy: There is no consensus about fasting or not before the glucose test, but it makes sense to do it because your values are bound to be lower and more likely to get a normal result. So fun about the outfits, what a nice gift.

DCG: Congrats on getting the house good and ready. Do you have a feeling one way or another about gender? Sounds like you may be feeling some flutters. I occasionally feel the lightest poke or rubbing from the inside, but it is so quick I don't know whether to believe it or not.

Charbie: Yay for 12 weeks!!! :appl: Good to see you here.

Kay: Thanks for the food suggestions, I think I will have hubby pick up some ice cream. I am trying to add healthy calories (like guac, right ;-) but I think a little ice cream won't hurt! Don't worry about treating this pregnancy differently, it IS different and you have a job, a hubby, and another child to take care of. I am sure once the LO makes their appearance they will become the center of your world for a while. It is actually kind of reassuring to know that things will hopefully calm down with the next one and there will be less to do and worry about.

Geri: what a beauty! Claudia looks sweet, but I can only imagine how tough the first few weeks to months are.

AFM: Not much to report, other than the fact that I think maybe I am feeling a little something when I am resting quietly or lying down. It feels just like a light touch or flutter as they say. It might be the little one or not, but it is fun to wonder. I also bought one of those pregnancy pillows and it has made sleeping so amazing! I am usually a stomach sleeper and since that is not working anymore, this is a huge difference in that I get some support while sleeping on my side. I think it might be helpful after the LO is born too. Not sure if anyone else is using it, but it is amazing! Once DH comes home I will try to get some belly photos since it is probably time to start capturing this changing belly.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
DC I am feeling much better thanks sweetie :) hubby took me out to lunch yesterday to get me out of the house which made the world of difference.

YAY for 18wks - seems like it is just flying by I still remember reading when you found out you were preggie and feeling so happy for you :) can't wait till you find out what your having - not long now :):):).

Sending you some early sale dust :)

Skippy Your such a doll :) LOL all you ladies make me laugh so much YAY for PS :) - the foot swelling sucks but you get used to it as with most things when your preggo - good luck with the cleaning sometimes it is good kinda makes the soul feel cleaner to get rid of things :).

Kay Thank you sweetie :) I think I get more sensitive to these issues especially due to people I work with (thank god I am not there at the moment) I feel sometimes like I work in the eating disorder department (and I am not talking about the peoples size) just the attitude towards food and weight and others one girl I work with talks openly about her need to starve herself for summer to fit in her bikini and feels the need to comment on other peoples food she is not huge by any means just normal healthy looking- this lady also has a young girl and it makes me think WTF is she teaching her child she is also one of the more vocal people about pregnancy sizes and such another girl in my office had a 9 something pounder and she was very nastily vocal about it and her appearance when she was in the office.

I am sorry your cousins friend was so daft - I know this sounds stupid but you think someone who is on the larger side would be more aware of how comments about body image might affect others - if you want I can come and squish her for you might take me a while to waddle over though ;-) swear pregnancy makes people think they have carte blanche to share their unwanted views on everything.

Kay I would try not to feel guilty (easy for me to say) I think with the first it is all new so every little thing is like OMG what is that is that normal etc - sometimes I feel the same way (prolly has to do with doing massive reno's and just getting married literally before TTC leaves less time to worry about her) I have others to worry for me MIL does my stressing while I am all zen mummy seriously sometimes I think MIL is the new mum not me :razz:.

You know what to expect to a certain extent and the good thing is you can enjoy being preggie while still being able to get everything else you need to get done - I would say how your reacting (from what I have heard from others) is completely normal and when she arrives you will melt into a puddle of glue when you see her precious little face :). I get the same thing where I think it would have made more sense to wait a while after the wedding to replenish our savings etc and complete the house reno's but then I wouldn't change a thing either - I am a big believer of things have a way of working out :). You sound like your taking care of your needs and the bubbas needs and that is the most important thing :) your a good mumma :).

Geri Ohhhhhh look at her preciousness and all that hair :love: It is good to hear the good and bad of child rearing from other mum's makes you feel like if it is not all roses that is okay to and it will get better :) see you in the newborn thread soon :D

Tao YAY for 30 days :)

Modern You could be on to something with the dream thing I was convinced I was having a boy until I had a dream about a little girl about a week before my scan with a mop of dark black hair and blues eyes like hubby that made me believe it was going to be a girl - turns out it was right :). Will be interesting to see if your dream comes true as well :)

What your describing does sound like early movements - one day the bubs will make one that unmistakeably you will know it is movement but it is so hard to tell at first as your so unsure you second guess yourself.

Pregnancy pillows are awesome they really can help take the pressure off :)

38wks and 6 days and I am still waiting - hubby wants her to come tomorrow around 3pm so he has the extra weekend to add to his leave - I told him to send her the memo cause she is not listening to me.

I think with the next one I will really try working later if I can the waiting is seriously the worst part - we have the IL's coming tomorrow to help with the clean up and reno's which is very sweet of them however means I feel compelled to clean and not nap - no one expects me to but I cannot sit there and not help I feel so terrible good news is the paint in the nursery will be done now just to order the new furniture, decals, put up new curtains (white with owls on it :D) and rip up the carpet and it will be done :). MIL has been making new curtains and a cot set which looks stinking cute and much cheaper then sheet sets for babies here - I can not bring myself to spend $160-200 for a cot sheet/quilt set and these are cuter and much more original.

Hope all you ladies are well

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
kay, i was the same way with my 2nd pregnancy and i felt awful about it and a lot of friends have been the sane way with their second pregnancies as well. but i'm sure once she comes, she'll melt your heart the same way A did.

tao, you are SOOO close!!! hope you are doing well.

deelight, good luck with getting everything done! and hope you are able to squeeze in a few naps.

charbie, congrats on 12 weeks!

hope evryone is doing well!!! take care!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie: Congrats on 12 weeks! Big milestone there!

Dee: You are so close....I think working until I was in labor helped keep me sane towards the end of my first pregnancy...Glad you got out of the house---keep that in mind also when the baby finally arrives...I started going stir crazy being cooped up in the house with my son (Fall/Winter baby)....apparently getting outside and enjoying the sun is important to mental health...who knew!!!??? :tongue:

Modern: Put some stock in that dream....I haven't had a dream myself but I've had two people at work have a dream about my pregnancies and all dreams were correct...one predicted the day my son was born and the other predicted the sex of both my babies!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Geri Claudia is beautiful! She looks like a little cuddle bug, so precious!

Just wanted to pop in and hope everyone is doing well! it's almost Friday!!! :appl:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a PSA for y'all-
Pregnancy and bowling do not mix. I feel like I dislocated my hip and pelvis :( And on top of that, I am getting sick!!! Boooo!! Friday get here faster!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KAY, aw, you are busy with lots of stuff; I don't blame you. I would be working on your kitchen and beautiful daughter instead plus you know all the research, etc so don't feel bad. You are a great momma!!! Has your DBTY come in? :D thank you about my pic, you are such a sweetheart!

GERI, awww, beautiful little girl!!! You must be so proud; she is adorable!!! Congrats!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

TAOV, Yay for 30 days; woot for the homestretch!!! :D

MODERN, which pillow did you get? I keep putting off buying one but I really need one; I just throw a king size pillow between the legs. Yay for feeling baby flutters, too cute!!!! :D Thanks for the info on the glucose test!

DEE, you have great in laws; glad they are coming out to help you! Yay for naps too!!! Oh my gosh, your beautiful daughter will be here in no time!!! huge hugs. aw, Owls are super cute, yay for finishing up some fun nursery stuff! You are so right on the soul feeling good after a good house cleaning, you are so wise!!! :D

PUFFY, hi fellow beautiful preggo!

CUPCAKE, yay for Fridays, beautiful preggo!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM, it is beautiful out so I am going to meet hubby for lunch and this weekend we have our 2nd birthing class so I am looking forward to it!!! :D My mom is sick so I am going to make her some soup and take it over but won't stick around because I don't want to get sick.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Thursday and yay for Friday tomorrow!!!! hugs to all

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results