shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

cara

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all the well wishes ladies!

Tiffany, what cuteness, the tiny twins!

Mara, would you mind recommending your photographer? I remember loving your pics and am also in the bay area.

Though my husband wants to wait until Silas's skin looks better. First he was a little yellow with some mild jaundice, now he is getting some baby acne! But I am impatient - if we wait too long we'll miss the newborn stage!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi cara, my photographer is Anna Feccia : www.annafeccia.com.. she's also done the photos of a bunch of people we know (how we got recommended) too.

let her know that i sent you. she's REALLY busy so i would def try to see if you can get something booked at least to have it on the calendar. we waited til J was 2.5 weeks and honestly he was already not that blobby newborn anymore! i think she prefers them within the first 2 weeks BUT we still got some great shots even at 2.5 weeks and then again at close to 4 weeks when she returned. but he just wasn't 'as' poseable--just FYI. also she has a ton of props so you don't have to worry about anything but we also wanted to use some of the stuff my mom knitted for him in the shots and she was super accommodating.

also J had a little baby acne and she touched it up, so don't worry about that too much. have fun!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
re: newborn photos - expect it to take a while and maybe even be a little stressful. Our LO normally nurses every 4 hours and he nursed every hour that day and our shoot took 3.5 hours. You need someone with LOTS of patience.

We originally were just going to buy the digital images like Mara did BUT we did that with our wedding pics and our lazy butts never did anything with them. So, this time, we went with an album and it's BEAUTIFUL!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

Well, the twins have officially arrived and I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to post until now. Alen Lee was born on Thurs., 9/16 at 4:01 am, weighing 5lbs 7oz and measuring 20 inches long. Laila Ann was born just 2 minutes later at 4:03am, weighing 4lbs 10.5 oz and measuring 18 inches long!!!

I don't feel comfortable posting their pictures on the internet so, I'll need to do a baby foot shot or something along those lines when I have a chance. But, they are absolutely gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

My water broke at 12:15am that early morning. I woke up to use the bathroom and came back to bed. I went to lay on my right side (to give my left one a break) and after a minute of laying there, I felt a pop and then a gush of water. I was wearing sweatpants and felt the area down there thinking that I couldn't have just broken my water, but sure enough, it was soaked down there. I yelled to my DH that I broke my water and then ran to the bathroom. I always thought that when you broke your water, it comes out in gush and thats that, but it kept coming and coming and coming. In fact, I was leaking all the way up to delivery. My Dr. said you can leak for hours! So, luckily I had some sanitary pads and used those to help with the leaking while in the car and walking up to labor and delivery.

Anyway, all of this couldn't have happened at a better time because living in NYC, there was zero traffic heading up to the hospital. Plus, I was with my husband and at home so, it was perfect! By the time I got the hospital, I started having contractions and was 3 cm dialated. Alen was breech but my doctor said I could try to deliver them vaginally since they felt confident they could turn him. But, they couldn't guarantee it so, to be safe we opted for the c-section. Everything happened so quickly!

After Alen was born, they discovered he had contracted a staph infection and so he had to be placed on a 10-day antibiotic schedule which meant he would be in the NICU for almost a week after being discharged which was incredible hard. He just came home to us last Monday and we were thrilled beyond words to have our family together again!

Cara and Snlee - CONGRATULATIONS - your babies are beautiful!!!! Snlee, our LO's are just one day apart!!!

Robbie - welcome back to the preggo thread!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Will catch up with all of you later once the visitors die down which will be another week or two!!! We also have a baby nurse with us for two weeks and she's been a huge help, along with my mother-in-law. It's definitely exhausting, but we love every single second of parenthood!!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
29w1d

we went for mani/pedis yesterday and that was super relaxing. I bought wooden letters at Jo-Ann's to spell out DD's name, and have already painted them and varnished them with glitter paint. who knew one could get so crafty behind a desk at a Holiday Inn Express??? anyway, that's going to be her name board for her bedroom door.

as for the pregnancy, I still believe I'm carrying the most active baby in the world. she is getting much bigger and stronger. you'd think she'd run out of space to move, but I guess she just kicks all my organs aside.

- - -

Blushing - congratulations with both your son and daughter! glad to hear the family is reunited now. I'm starting to think most women go into labor at night? I'll make sure to nap a lot during the day when I'm on maternity leave. ;-)

LV - thanks for the water bottle tip. for some reason, my list says aluminium hot water bottles. not sure why. I'll just get them back home where they already sell the baby covers for them. I have quite a few crafts projects lined up for the coming months. I went to an Arts & Crafts fair here and bought a quilt by number piece of purple butterflies for the baby's room.

Catluver - congrats on joining team blue! my mom has the same feeling about daycare as your DH. they'll get over it.

random_thought - my bbs stopped aching around 19 weeks. once in a while they are still sore but nothing like in the 1st trimester. I recently bought A Pea in the Pod nursing bras (the soft ones without underwire) and they are super comfy and even have padding to soak up leakage (yes, I know that sounds gross and hopefully something I won't have to deal with for a while yet).

cara

Ideal_Rock
Typing one hand, but had to post:

Blushing- super congrats on your twins :appl: :appl: :appl: how awesome for their safe delivery and homecoming!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blushing, congrats!!! Love their names! ;-)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blushing, congrats! After your long journey, you must be on cloud 9 (to put it lightly!).

snlee

Ideal_Rock
blushing, congrats! welcome alen and laila! those are great sized babies for being born 5 weeks early. cool our LOs are just a day apart! glad alen is home and you're enjoying every minute! so happy for you!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
congrats, bb! i'm so happy for you and your perfect family! i know how hard it is to have a baby in nicu and i'm sorry you had to go thru it, but so very glad that alen received excellent and immediate care! enjoy your precious gifts!!

noel~ lol about most active baby! i swear lily was the same way, and is still always punching and kicking!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Blushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Blushing!!! Im sooo happy for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
blushing- congratulations! I'm so glad everyone came home happy and healthy!! :)

noelwr- do you know if those nursing bras work ok even for larger chests? lol I was a dd to begin with, who knows what I am now...still the same I think...I just don't wanna deal with those things flying around if there's no under wire for support (I'm really sorry to put that image in your head btw lol)

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats blushing! What a journey you have been on, and now you have TWO beautiful babies!!! Congrats!!!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
That's it, I think I'll have to quit watching extreme home makeover for the rest of this pregnancy. I'm tired of being reduced to a blubbery mess! Although, my hometown is having a family on later in the season so I'll probably have to watch that one :) But you can bet I'll prepare with at least 2 boxes of kleenex before hand!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the world Alen and Laila :appl: :appl: :appl:

I wish you a very speedy recovery Blushing!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
random_thought - the ones I got came in S, M and L. I got L for D-cup, so probably not big enough for DD. they also have bras with underwires that go up to E-cup:

http://www.apeainthepod.com/maternity/bras-all.asp

basically you have to go to a store and try them on because they all just fit so differently.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Blushing congrats!! Welcome Alen and Laila!! You'd been MIA for awhile so I was wondering if they'd arrived!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
re: bras. I'm a 34 or 36DD and I can fit M in most bras. I spill out of the underwire ones though and can't wear the ones where your breast peek through a hole. I'm pretty sure that's how I got a clogged duct...ouch! I was fitted and purchased bras at the hospital which was the best! Otherwise, DH would have had to go on a mission to find me bras. Now, if that doesn't have disaster written all over it, I don't know what does! :razz:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Blushing!!! :appl: :appl: So happy everything is going so well!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I'm just popping in to say a hearty hearty CONGRATULATIONS Blushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that you're a Mommy now and you get not one, but TWO beautiful little bundles to love and adore and squeeze! I hope you're recovery goes well and that you get lots of help in these first few weeks. My love and congrats to you and your families!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. I guess I rarely post anymore, but I should just say "HI" to all the preggies!! I'm now 21 weeks with DS #2 and have nothing to report. lol. Just waiting for the time to tick by until Baby Valentine comes.

Hope you're all doing well! I'm not on PS much anymore, but do pop in every now and again to check on some of the moms :wink2:

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and welcome mela!! A Valentine baby will be such fun!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to all the new preggos... Wishing you all the best.... :wavey: This thread just makes me smile!!! :))

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, Blushing!!!!! So happy for you and glad it all went smoothly! I know what you mean about lack of traffic--with my first, I was rushing up to the hospital at 8am on a Saturday, absolutely no traffic. With my 2nd, it was 3am on a rainy night and once again no traffic!! Gotta love when the stars are aligned in NYC!!!!! Congrats, again! Enjoy this time, it goes by fast!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee Blushing! Enjoy the little muffins!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Blushing!! Enjoy them while they are sooo tiny!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Blushing, and welcome to the world Alen and Laila! :wavey:

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!! I can not believe they are finally here and that I'm a mom! ::) What a journey this has been! It's definitely exhausting, but I wouldn't trade my little munchkins for the world!!! :bigsmile: :love:

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
congrats to you and your hubby blushing!! and a super warm welcome to Alen and Laila :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results