shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

geri

Shiny_Rock
Cara - Congratulations. Silas is adorable!

Catluver- Enjoy the scan - it really is amazing to see all the parts!! I'm going to guess girl too - 50/50 chance of being right!

Brooks - Welcome and congrats on making it through the first trimester!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
small rant:
I'm only 5 weeks (ok almost 6) pregnant. We've told our immediate family but that is it. I cannot BELIEVE that I am already being told what we should and should not do. Get this: We should drop our jobs, our lives, and everything we've worked hard for, to move back to a place we both hate, just to be near family so they can babysit once in a while. Yeah. Can somebody please get me a virgin daiquiri?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RT, this is a WWHHD moment. When people make those comments just smile and nod and give a little chuckle and then move on and forget about it. Your family means well, and believe me when LO arrives you're going to want their support more than ever! How are things with your family anyway? Last I heard things weren't that great. I hope all is well.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vena Cava!! :rodent: I still couldn't remember, but my DH did.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Cara- I so enjoyed reading your birth story. Silas is adorable!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats Cara..!! Silas is SUPER cute...awwww!! Cheekster.

I am glad someone else noticed that the car ride when you are in labor SUCKS. I remember sitting in the car thinking...really why didn't anyone ever mention this part? I also apparently had the slow leaky fluid break...but I thought it was just normal stuff since things had been coming out for a while before that. Anyhow, glad it all went well.

re: M/S ... i also heard the beloved 2nd tri 13 week timeframe but everyone's body is diff unfortunately. mine was more like 15-16 weeks but it 'tapered' from week 13-16 and then from 16-19 it was more like 'some stuff still does not look or smell appealing' and then around 20 weeks i felt way more normal.

and noel you are so right re: in the first tri just eating to keep nausea away but that setting the habit for later and then not having the will to stop. hindsight i would have tried to be better...but maybe not. you are growing a LIFE yanno! hehe.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
HH- That is exactly what I did, then came here to get it off my chest quick :) Things are really good with my family, this was actually a family member from dh's side :) Normally they are a lovely person so I just took it as one of those things people feel compelled to do when they hear someone close to them is having a lo. I guess it just took me off guard because we DO have family members that live near us to help if needed that we've helped in the past as well.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
28w5d

requesting some more shopping advice: where did you all buy the hot water bottle that goes in the crib to warm it up before baby goes to sleep?

Cara - yay for Silas! :appl: glad he's here.

RT - I was :angryfire: about 2 weeks ago when I went to a party and some lady was telling me everything I should do while I'm preganant (one of them was drink 3 liters of milk a day so that the baby has beautiful skin) and after the baby is here. I kept trying to avoid her. my mom also does this and stays awake at bed at night thinking of all the things that I might have forgotten: which so far is apparently a lot of things. common, it's not like I'm purposely going to be a bad mother and not buy a baby bathtub. :loopy: and way back in the day, baby bathtubs didn't even exist and they still got their babies washed. I want to learn it all as it comes and I only want advice when I ask for it. I still have to hear my mom whine about how horrible it is to send my kid to daycare. I love the idea of daycare: she can get all the childhood diseases and become more of a social kid. in the end all the advice is meant well, but I think there comes a time when you should just say: "Hey, it's my kid. I'm going to do what I think is right. If I want any advice, I'll ask for it." I know it's easier said than done because it's family and you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I completely forgot how bad the car ride was! I bet my husband hasn't though!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having a GIRL!! I am 22 weeks today and had the anatomy scan this morning. Baby looks great and is weighing in at about 14oz. DH and I are very excited! I already went out a got a few pink things :oops:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
DivaDiamond - congrats and welcome to team pink! I was oohing and ahing over little dresses at Babies R Us and a ladybug halloween costume. I was able to resist but probably will have to buy a princess dress at Disney.

- - -

hopefully we'll have more belly pics this Friday. want to kick it off with sharing a photo of me today at Legoland. unfortunately my belly button is showing through, but I don't want to cover it with a bandaid until I'm sure the infection won't return (and by the way, the Neosporin has really helped, ladies!).

noelwr28w5d.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
noel...there's a hot water bottle that goes in the crib?!?! share...i have never heard of that before!

DD7...congrats on a girl!! girl clothes are so cute. i wish i could put J in a dress sometimes hehe.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
LV -- that's so weird! Like your body was making your head move down, or did you mean that figuratively??? I would freak out!

Catluver -- so what's the verdict on the gender scan? Innie or outie? :cheeky:

Diva -- congrats on a little girl! I think there are more girls now than boys!

Noel -- I've never heard of the water bottle either! You look like you are having a FABO vacation! Hope the weather isn't as hot...you look great!!!!

AFM -- today is Friday! Yay! And I'm so excited bc Saturday night I'm going to see Tosh.0 on tour (Daniel Tosh). Any fans on here? Here I am rocking my school T shirt at 28w3d. We only get to wear jeans the 1st day of the month, so I LIVE for these days, especially preggo. Does anyone else on here have a rash? I now have one on the backs of my legs and I think it's going to start on my arms now...I googled it, and apparently it's really common, but sweet Mary, it hurts so bad. I also read that the PUPPS rash is more common with boys bc of the hormones...don't think I have that (hopefully not) but I thought that was interesting. My no name baby is SO active. I'm scared he'll be a hellion. Like seriously on the move all.the.time. Enjoy the Friday and all the football games this weekend everyone!!!

28 semanas.jpg

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Diva- congrats on the girl!!

Lanie and Noel- what cute bumps.

I'm not really ready for a belly pic yet- at this point the babies have just sort of pushed my fat up and out. But I did have an appt Wednesday so here are the u/s pics at 14w 4 d. The heartbeats were 150 and 158. I love watching them move around in there!

twinaprofile.jpg

twinbprofile.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diva, Congrats!! And, welcome to TEAM PINK!!!!

Noel, You look great!!! So glad to see you're enjoying your vaca!!!

Lanie, You look fabulous! Enjoy jeans day! To answer your question, it kind of felt like what I assume it feel like just before you pass out, like there was a cool wind inside my head that was encouraging me to fall to the side, but I remember I felt like I was fighting it, took some deep breaths and got up a few minutes later to walk around. Strange for sure!

Tiffany, Oh.my.goodness!! So adorable!! Are they feet-to-feet? I've never really thought about that before, how twins would be situated. Such cute profiles!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie said:
AFM -- today is Friday! Yay! And I'm so excited bc Saturday night I'm going to see Tosh.0 on tour (Daniel Tosh). Any fans on here? Here I am rocking my school T shirt at 28w3d. We only get to wear jeans the 1st day of the month, so I LIVE for these days, especially preggo. Does anyone else on here have a rash? I now have one on the backs of my legs and I think it's going to start on my arms now...I googled it, and apparently it's really common, but sweet Mary, it hurts so bad. I also read that the PUPPS rash is more common with boys bc of the hormones...don't think I have that (hopefully not) but I thought that was interesting. My no name baby is SO active. I'm scared he'll be a hellion. Like seriously on the move all.the.time. Enjoy the Friday and all the football games this weekend everyone!!!

Lanie - I just wanted to say you look great! What a perfect little preggo belly you have. Keep roasting your little jumping bean :bigsmile:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
DivaDiamond007 said:
I'm having a GIRL!! I am 22 weeks today and had the anatomy scan this morning. Baby looks great and is weighing in at about 14oz. DH and I are very excited! I already went out a got a few pink things :oops:

Diva - Congrats on the little girl! Have fun shopping for more pink stuff :wink2:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
noelwr said:
hopefully we'll have more belly pics this Friday. want to kick it off with sharing a photo of me today at Legoland. unfortunately my belly button is showing through, but I don't want to cover it with a bandaid until I'm sure the infection won't return (and by the way, the Neosporin has really helped, ladies!).

Noel - It looks like you are having fun on your babymoon. Sorry about the oppresive heat, but stay cool sweetie! Btw, I thought that since you were standing next to a bunch of pumpinks, you might appreciate this...

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/womens-costume.html#c7

In the U.S., some ladies get creative with their preggo bellies around Halloween. :naughty:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newborn Photos. Anyone looking into having them done? I contacted a photographer because I REALLY liked her photos on-line, but was a bit taken aback when I saw his pricelist. $750 for a 1 hour session (What if my baby is uncooperative during that hour?) $75 for an 8X10, and $250 for a single digital image!! :-o Prices go down if you order more digital images, like 15 for $1250. But, yikes, so I guess I am going to be shopping around, or learning to use the dslr . . .

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
28w6d

dcgator - thanks! the pics on that link are hilarious. love that women are celebrating their bellies. I love Halloween and pumpkins.

tiffanytwisted - how very special to have double the excitement by watching 2 babies grow in there. are they already noticing any difference between the 2?

Lanie - beautiful bump! that's the size I was loving... oh, seems so long ago for me. now it's such an effort to just turn and get out of or into bed. have a great time at the concert tomorrow night. I don't know how you are still able to stay up late, though. I always need to be in bed by 10pm. no rashes here, just that weird belly button infection. I think the list of things we can get just goes on and on.

Mara - apparently the hot water bottle thing isn't done in the States. the ladies at Babies R Us had also never heard of it before. it is on my list of things-to-get that the midwife gave me and is a common baby item sold in Holland. you put it in the crib to warm it up before baby goes in. then you can also leave it in the crib at the end by the feet, but cannot be touching baby. I was thinking maybe we do this because we have cold winters, but you have much colder ones in northern US. oh well, something I'll just have to get at home.

Loves Vintage - I also have moments of feeling exhausted and other moments of thinking I'm going to pass out (and yes, these happen when I am sitting down). it helps me to walk around and get some fresh air. also to eat something sweet for the sugar levels. hang in there! not sure about newborn photos. think I'll just take my own.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, If you are just looking for a simple water bottle, you can find this standard water bottle at CVS, any pharmacy, Walmart, Target: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...72&productId=313072&navAction=jump&navCount=3 I wasn't sure if you were looking for something that was specifically made for a baby. The water bottle in the link is pretty much the only type I've seen here, but with your knitting skills, I bet you could make a very baby-friendly covering for it!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, that seems so expensive! We're near Phila, PA and we paid $125 for maternity (1.5 hrs) AND newborn (3 hrs). Then, of course, we paid for the album and prints. You DEFINITELY need more than an hour for newborn pics.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Hello! Our anat scan went great, the tech explained each body part she was looking at and everything looks normal. She waited until the end to look for the goods and before she told us it was obvious to me right away...

it's a boy!!! No mistaking the little turtle! We're both surprised bc we thought he was a she. I admit I kind of was hoping for a little girl but I am just so relieved and happy that he's healthy and I know I will love him as much as anyone! My mom was funny though...when I told her, she said "let's hope for a girl next time." Not that she won't love him but I'm an only and the only experience she has with boys are my cousins who were not well behaved but they weren't really parented.

Tiffany, cute pics!

Congrats Diva on your girl!

LV - there are a lot of amazing photogs out there but I didn't want to pay thousands either. I found someone on my local board on the bump who only charges a 150 sitting fee and gives you all the digital files. She's a mom who recently started her business, and while her pics aren't quite the same as others who charge more, they're nice for the price.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Catluver -- yay for boy!!! I wanted a boy the first time around, and I think you'll warm up to the idea. I don't know many moms who *want* them over a girl, but as a teacher, I can tell you that there are lots of very well-behaved boys, and girls can be monsters too. Just think...you'll save already on the wedding! Boys are cheaper! Congrats!!! :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie said:
Catluver -- yay for boy!!! I wanted a boy the first time around, and I think you'll warm up to the idea. I don't know many moms who *want* them over a girl, but as a teacher, I can tell you that there are lots of very well-behaved boys, and girls can be monsters too. Just think...you'll save already on the wedding! Boys are cheaper! Congrats!!! :cheeky:

I'm really hoping for a boy too!! CONGRATS Catluver on joining team blue!! Little boys adore their mamas. :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re: newborn photos, yes we had them done and yes i highly recommend them. i wouldn't pay a ton either though. we were referred through friends to a great photographer who charged us $75 for a sitting fee (1 hour but she came back again for another hour for free since J was not cooperating!) and then $250 for a CD of all the high res images. so the total was $325 and we had all the images on a CD as well as an online gallery. I just uploaded our favorites to RitzPix and got prints for $1.00 each basically and the printing was amazing. I would only buy a CD and not get prints from a photographer.

See if any local people or friends with kids have recommends. Also just an FYI--newborn photos are hard to take because of all the propping and posing that is done. Basically you have to feed the kid til they are comatose then pose them in total quiet (with a sound machine) in all sorts of weird positions haha. The sitting fee was only $75 but seriously that is where I was like, this should be $500 for all the work it takes!!! And J was a super alert 2 week old baby so she had to return another day where I had to feed him in cluster feedings for like 2 hours continuously before she got there to ensure he'd sleep.

we just had photos done of him again at 7.75mo and we'll have them done again at 1 year. I am a huge fan of prof photos if you can find the right photographer. I am not into traditional studio kind of settings but more just basic/simple artsy things.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:
Lanie said:

I'm really hoping for a boy too!! CONGRATS Catluver on joining team blue!! Little boys adore their mamas. :)

I wanted a boy and got a boy and he is a sweet little angel. 8)

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lanie and Laila! I will definitely be saving money this time around because I won't be tempted to buy pink or frilly things. Laila, your surprise will be so exciting! We just couldn't control our need to know. I'm glad there is a contingent of Team Blue with all the recent Team Girl joinings.

It's funny that we (DH and I) and my mom both leaned towards girl, because it's the opposite of our culture traditionally. I think things are so different now though, at least anecdotally, girls/women tend to stay close to their families when they grow up, while boys tend to go where their wife wants to (definitely the case with us!), which is the opposite of what used to happen (girls would be married out and away from their families and boys would be responsible for caring for their elders and were thus favored).

Now that it's more "real," we've started to worry more about logistics like day care - there's one day care where I need to get on the waiting list ASAP for next fall! And we need to visit them so DH can be convinced they're not horrible for children (I don't think that).

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Just poppin by to say that I love all the pictures! And also that I really want one of those gigantic cookies from the grocery store with the icing on it...I know you know what I'm talking about...and for these bbs to stoppppp hurrrrttttiinnnggg!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results